Blind Item: Who's Got a Bun In the Oven?

‘Tis the season when producers begin villainously twirling mustaches as they concoct season-ending cliffhangers that they hope will torture us all summer long. And the execs at one show — an hourlong drama, and a popular one at that! — have come up with a doozie.

According to an insider, much like 90210‘s impending baby bombshell, the series in question will end its season by revealing that one of its major female characters is pregnant! The news will catch everyone by surprise, no one more so than the mommy and daddy-to-be, who weren’t exactly trying to have a child. The baby boom will also come as a shock for another reason, but to give that away would narrow the field of candidates too much.

However, I’ll leave you with one clue: Unlike Gossip Girl‘s climactic reveal that Georgina was pregnant in its May 2010 season finale, in this case there will be no mystery about the identity of the father.

TVLine Blind Item: Which Primetime Drama Will Be Seeing Double?

So… guesses? Who do you think is with child? Get a mass debate (tee-hee) going in the comments section!

1. Jan says:

It’s Addison on Private Practice.

2. Steph says:

People should read the hints before giving the answers. lol
    It can’t be Cristina because, yes, it would be surprising, but not shocking. If Shonda decides to do another pregnancy on the show (which Id doubt) it will be Mer. They had this SL going on for almost an entire season. It needs to end.
    It could be Addison (that would be shocking because she can’t have children, but they it won’t be a surprise anymore.
    The shock factor is the key word here. It’s either a woman who can’t have children or a woman old enough to cause that shock.

3. Alberto says:

It’s Addison on Private Practice!! That would be shocking!!!

Either way, Cristina and Owen (but I hope not!!!!)

4. Maria says:

If Grey’s Anatomy: Cristina and Owen. They’ve already touched on the whole Yand doesn’t want kids thing… will be a drama source for her friendship with Meredith.

If Parenthood:
    This was my first thought too: Heddy and Alex. However, maybe Jasmine and Crosby get back together and guess who shows up again with a bun in the oven? Yep, Gabi.

The only Desperate Housewives I can think of is Bree… but I think it’s Grey’s or Parenthood. ABC show was confirmed.

5. fiona says:

I think it might be April Kepner on Greys
    if she gets with Stark then there would be no question as to who the father is because she’s a virgin …

6. flo says:

My first thought was Brooke and Julian from one tree hill as they believe that she can’t have kids and wouldn’t be expecting it. Plus it definite that he would be the father.

7. kidkarma66 says:

Abby and McGee…

Try wrapping your brain around that concept!!!

8. kaye says:

Cristina Yang and Owen hunt.

9. Kristen says:

Okay … I’m sure if we think about it, every hour long drama on ABC has at least one potential pairing if not more.
    Castle – Beckett and Josh are an obvious pairing. I’m not sure what would make it shocking, unless her and Castle simultaneously said “We need to talk” and then Castle goes first, admits his love, and then she says she’s preggo.
    Grey’s Anatomy – Possible babies everywhere! Lexie & Jackson, Owen & Cristina, Mer & Der, Bailey & Nurse Boy, Alex & OBGYN??? I think Owen & Cristina isn’t that shocking. Mer & Der either, but everyone has been wanting that for them for so long that I think they’d overlook the lack of shock factor. Lexie & Jackson would be good … they are only trying to have fun, and Lexie wasn’t ready for a kid. Bailey & her man would be unexpected, but I’m not sure why it would be a shock for another reason.
    No Ordinary Family – Let’s hope Ausiello didn’t waste a blind item on a show that’s not even getting renewed.
    Private Practice – Cooper & Charlotte, Addison & Sam, Pete & Violet? As much as I want it to be so, I don’t think Addison & Sam are going to be preggo. Sighhhhh. As for the other two couples, maybe, not like I’d be all that thrilled.
    Off the Map – Zita & Dr. Cole, Mina & Tommy, Mateo & Brenner, or Ben & Ryan. Ben and Ryan, please no, b/c we already know she’s dying and leaving the show. I think Zita & Cole would be a shock, b/c she finally gave into him. Mina & Tommy the same b/c it was one time. Mateo and Brenner … eh. I’m still waiting for Ben and Brenner to connect so I hope not.

There’s also Brother & Sisters and Desperate Housewives. I don’t watch either of those shows, so I don’t know possible candidates.

• Lucia says:

Can’t be No Ordinary Family because one of the hints said “popular” so you can write that off. This also applies to Off the Map. Not popular.
      Brothers and Sisters – same problem, struggling to survive. Also, I don’t think it is Castle because it says one of the major female characters, indicating that it is a show with several major female characters or leading ladies. Beckett is the only major female character, all of the rest of the women are supporting characters.

It can only be one of three shows – Desperate Housewives, Private Practice or Grey’s Anatomy. All are popular and have several major female characters.

10. Mike says:

Elena & Stefan from The Vampire Diaries or
    Sookie & Bill from True Blood

11. May says:

It’s an ABC show!

12. SmartyPants says:

Idiots, it is Katie Andrews from No Ordinary Family (an ABC show) who is preggers.
    Be gone with you all!

13. Robbie says:

Cristina and Owen from Greys Anatomy

14. Alyssa says:

No, yall r SOOO wrong on everything. its totally Jack and Kate in Lost on ABC!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

15. S says:

it’s from ABC

16. MiamiHeatFan says:

It’s going to be Christina and Owen from Grey’s Anatomy!!!I can just feel it

17. Hannah Sydney NSW says:

Okay so I am going to go out on a limb and rule out several shows;

1. Grey’s Anatomy (no pregnancy on that show would be a shock at all. I have been expecting Christina and Owen to have a baby at some point and a Meredith/Derek baby is inevitable)
    2. Castle (I just can’t see it happening at the moment)
    3. NCIS (I doubt they would go down this road as they haven’t in the past and why ruin what is clearly a good thing. Though for the love of all that is holy get rid of Ray)
    4. House (not going to happen, it would be a stupid route to take and there isn’t exactly a ‘baby boom’ at Princeton Plainsborough)
    5. Desperate Housewives (no pregnancy would be a shock on this show in anyway, not with the ‘there is no doubt as to Dad’s identity’ twist)
    6. Private Practice (what baby-boom?)
    7. Bones (even though ED is pregnant and it is the perfect time for BB to be as well, I just don’t think it is going to happen. HH never gives viewers what they want so why would he change that now and it would also be to Passions-like to get Bones pregnant now when things are just starting to go right for BB. Angela is already expecting so she is out and I just don’t think it will be Cam)

I do believe that a pregnancy on CSI is possible. If either Sara or Catherine got pregnant it would be a shock for them and their partners. Catherine and Vartaan aren’t exactly in their prime and both have much older children and Sara and Grissom don’t live in the same time zone most of the time and Grissom isn’t in his youth either.
    Catherine being pregnant would tie into her character leaving but having the option of returning, she already put her job above Lindsay growing up, she wouldn’t do that again.

Another option is Olivia from SVU, if she does in fact get a boyfriend that is. It will be going into it’s 13th season and she has been so very unlucky every other season so it will be a shock to audiences that for once something pretty amazing happens. It will be a huge shock to Olivia as she gave up on having children of her own a long time ago and though she had the opportunity to be a Mum twice however temporary, both opportunities were ripped from her. So to be given another chance would absolutely floor her.
    It will shock the squad as well because after 13 years who would expect Olivia to be a Mum. It would be an interesting twist and though I love Elliot I am so sick of him saying ‘you are not a Mum, so you don’t know’. In addition Elliot was a bit of an ass with the whole Calvin’s Dad thing, no offence to him but he doesn’t know what it is like to want a child more than life itself and watch your family and friends get everything you ever wanted, just once I would like him to sit down and talk to Olivia about it, to tell her he is there for her and that one day when the time is right she will make an amazing Mum.

Another possibility is Calleigh and Delko on CSI:Miami.
    The only issue with all four of these options is the baby boom reference. Oh well I can hope lol

• Lucia says:

A couple of your shows with regards to this particular blind item are not even in the running because they are not ABC shows. So NCIS, House, Bones, CSI Miami, Law and Order: SVU, CSI are all out, without having to eliminate them.

18. Anni-Bunny says:

So the actress who plays Martha on Castle just teased that the finale is gonna be about love and loss. My newest guess is that Beckett is gonna get pregnant and Josh will die. ^_^

19. Kali says:

BONES AND BOOTH!!!!! I WANT IT TO BE THEM SOOOOO BADLY!!!! Unfortunately it probably won’t because the writers won’t do the smart and reasonable thing:(

20. Beth says:

How about Clair (or, way more unlikely, Haley) from Modern Family?

21. Ceecile says:

Was it Parenthood?

• Lucia says:

Well, there was a pregnancy on Parenthood but the blind item does not refer to this show because it is supposed to be an ABC show.

22. Travis says:

And so we have it. Miss Kitty Walker McCallister

23. Travis says:

I looked back and apparently only one person got it.

I think it’s Kitty on Brothers and Sisters… I’m not sure if that show still qualifies as a hit, but I’ve been thinking Kitty would get pregnant for awhile. It makes sense that she and Ryan Devlin’s character would have a baby together because he said that if the show returns next season he will become a series regular!
    Comment by Lindsey – March 8, 2011 09:36 AM PST

24. Cinders says:

Does this Blind Item refer to Brothers and Sisters’ Kitty who was pregnant in the finale? It is an ABC show with several leading ladies. However, it does not meet the criteria of being popular since it is struggling to get picked up for a next season.

25. Aiya says:

I’d like Meredith and Derek. Shonda Rimes is so cruel with Meredith sometimes.

26. Miranda says:

I KNEW it was going to be Kitty. After her and Robert tried before, the cancer, and the fact that her and Seth weren’t expecting it to happen, well. . .

27. Abel says:

Blind item is actually Christina and Owen on Grey’s.