Blind Item: Who's Got a Bun In the Oven?

Get More: Blind Item

‘Tis the season when producers begin villainously twirling mustaches as they concoct season-ending cliffhangers that they hope will torture us all summer long. And the execs at one show — an hourlong drama, and a popular one at that! — have come up with a doozie.

According to an insider, much like 90210‘s impending baby bombshell, the series in question will end its season by revealing that one of its major female characters is pregnant! The news will catch everyone by surprise, no one more so than the mommy and daddy-to-be, who weren’t exactly trying to have a child. The baby boom will also come as a shock for another reason, but to give that away would narrow the field of candidates too much.

However, I’ll leave you with one clue: Unlike Gossip Girl‘s climactic reveal that Georgina was pregnant in its May 2010 season finale, in this case there will be no mystery about the identity of the father.

TVLine Blind Item: Which Primetime Drama Will Be Seeing Double?

So… guesses? Who do you think is with child? Get a mass debate (tee-hee) going in the comments section!

Comments (608)

• Christina and Owen! Very very Shonda like!

Comment by Daria – March 8, 2011 09:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My first thought was Christina and Owen.

Comment by Cheryl – March 8, 2011 09:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Christina and Owen! c’mon! “baby boom” in the clue! everyone who isn’t trying is getting pregnant on Grey’s. Just another slap in the face to Mer-Der!

Comment by Liz – March 8, 2011 09:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wish it was Brenda and Fritz on THE CLOSER. Their schedule is not the same as the rest of tv though, so it probably isnt, but that would be frakkin awesome!

Comment by Kim – March 8, 2011 09:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Addison (PP)

Comment by Laura – March 8, 2011 09:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Brothers & Sisters – Sarah Walker and Luc

Comment by Jon – March 8, 2011 10:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was going to say Luke and Sarah on Brothers and Sisters.

Comment by Marcel – March 8, 2011 10:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m thinking the Olivia Dunham from our world (come on, she led Peter upstairs at the Bishop home in the episode “6B.” I don’t think it was just to talk…) The Apple Glypth says it all…

On the other hand, FRINGE may be my favorite show, but it isn’t a hugely popular drama, so who knows…

Comment by Aimee – March 8, 2011 10:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Elena on Vampire Diaries!!

Comment by Candice – March 8, 2011 10:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The more I think about it the more I believe that it’s Kitty and Seth on Brothers and Sisters. Why else would he become a series regular next season if the show returns? Also, the other reason it would be a shock would be because Kitty was just having medical problems with the bone marrow transplant. It would be great for Evan to get a sibling and Kitty to be able to finally have a baby since she couldn’t with Robert.

Comment by Lindsey – March 8, 2011 10:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Miranda and Eli on Grey’s! They’ve been quite “busy!” LOL :)

Comment by Darcy – March 8, 2011 10:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My guess is that Thirteen from House ends up pregnant and the daddy is Chase!
    (I always hated Thirteen/Foreman being togther, too much rivalry between them and not enough love. Thats why I hope its Chase’s baby).
    The reason why this baby boom could also come as a shock is because we all know that Thirteen has Huntington’s disease which is a genetic disease.

Comment by C M – March 8, 2011 10:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That would be awesome (I LOVE Chase/Thirteen) but sadly, if it’s going to be someone from House it will probably be Cuddy.

Comment by Christine – March 8, 2011 01:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If it’s Cuddy I fear for my television screen, the poor thing is going to get smashed :/

But I doubt it’s her. Sounds like a Grey’s baby is more likely.

Comment by Elka – March 8, 2011 10:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Cuddy or Sarah :)

Comment by Allie – March 8, 2011 10:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m betting Laney and Esposito on Castle.

Comment by Finley – March 8, 2011 10:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Goodness, The “mass debate” clue may actually point to Olivia… The universe seeks balance after all ;)

Comment by Aimee – March 8, 2011 10:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Or “mass debate” is simply a poke at the ummm… huge predicament pregnant women are in…

Comment by Aimee – March 8, 2011 10:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Or it’s “mass” as in cuddys mass on her kidney last night. They would be the biggest shocker and execs have said next season will be a whole new dynamic

Comment by Hannah – March 8, 2011 10:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • or mass debate as in it sounds a lot like master bate :)
          hence his teehee.

Comment by lolo – March 22, 2011 03:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I guess it’s Elena and Damon – all the hints match! They don’t try to get a baby and it would be a shock because she is human and he is a vampire… and of course there is no guessing who would be the father of Elena’s child!

Comment by Nicole – March 8, 2011 10:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Gaby on Parenthood, from her and Crosby’s “indescretion”

Comment by Chris N – March 8, 2011 10:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ziva and Ray on NCIS and that’s how they write Cote off the series.

Comment by Colorguard – March 8, 2011 10:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I replied to a comment on the 1st page saying the same thing.

Comment by NoChance – March 8, 2011 12:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t know why everyone seems so insistent on it being another Grey’s baby… Don’t you think there’s enough pregnancy stuff happening on there between Callie/Mark/Arizona and Mer/Der trying? There’s no way producers would add another couple to that list… The show would completely lose it’s original medical plot and be all babies all the time! No way!

Comment by Lindsey – March 8, 2011 10:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well popular rules out Fringe. Our fans are loyal and fanatical, but the show’s ratings are not good enough to be classed as popular. I would love it to be Our Olivia, but I’m thinking not.

Comment by LindaH – March 8, 2011 10:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Abby and McGee

Comment by michael – March 8, 2011 10:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You beat me to it, Michael! I would love to see them have a child together – it would be amazing. How cute would they be as parents?

Comment by chattypatra – March 8, 2011 12:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It has to be Addison!! because she desperately wants a baby, but isn’t thinking that “trying” is really “trying”, because she is, as someone has said before, practically infertile.
    and it would even more of a shock, because of the kissing between Nae and Sam…

And sorry guys, but it wouldn’t really be a shock if Meredith got pregnant. Plus she IS trying. fertility pills?!

Comment by meg – March 8, 2011 10:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Katie on No Ordinary Family…but producers already commented on that along with Emily on MIOBI

Comment by daniel – March 8, 2011 10:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • What did they say about Emily on MIOBI?

Comment by Shemica – March 8, 2011 10:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My Guess is on one of the ladies of HIMYM… since there is no mystery to the father on a show called “How I Met Your Mother”

Comment by Jack – March 8, 2011 10:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This is a half hour sitcom comedy

Comment by Melanie – March 8, 2011 11:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I bet it’s Alicia on The Good Wife.

Comment by Z – March 8, 2011 10:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope it’s Sarah from Chuck, but because the tip says the show is categorized as drama, so I don’t think so. But a girl can hope, right :)?

Comment by katie – March 8, 2011 10:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think it is Addison (and Sam) on Private Practice. When Kate Walsh was recently on the Rachel Ray show, she said it would be “bumpy but a good bumpy” for them. Rachel thought she was talking about a pregnancy. Kate smiled. She said “you never know”.

The blind says “The baby boom will also come as a shock for another reason, but to give that away would narrow the field of candidates too much.” She is like almost infertile.

Comment by Mac – March 8, 2011 10:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Abby and McGee on NCIS… Okay, so that wouldn’t happen because they aren’t together anymore… But a girl can dream, right?

Comment by Cheyenne – March 8, 2011 10:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Huddy or Booth/Brennan.

Comment by Jim – March 8, 2011 10:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Um, Has anyone noticed on Fringe that the sliced apple has (two) 2 fetuses amongst the apple seeds? That was what came to my mind.

Comment by Danni – March 8, 2011 10:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My guess is Kitty or Sarah on Brothers and Sisters, that’ll be a shocker.

Comment by Vicat30 – March 8, 2011 10:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My guess is Lainey and Esposito on Castle.

Comment by Mark – March 8, 2011 10:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Charlotte on Private Practice?

Comment by Daisy – March 8, 2011 10:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No. Not a shock. She doesn’t have fertility issues.

Comment by Sara – March 8, 2011 10:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Think– the Good wife-Alicia and Peter

Comment by AlM – March 8, 2011 10:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Blair and Dan on Gossip Girl. I know wishful thinking.

Comment by Shemica – March 8, 2011 10:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Okay, what if it’s Lois & Clark from Smallville? I mean what a way to end the series…Darkseid, a wedding, flight, tights, Lex Luthor, and a pregnancy!? Lois & Clark could definitely go off into the sunset, and it would be a nice little wink to how our 90s tv incarnation ended as well.
    Hour-long drama, popular, shock to all, we know who the dad is, and the other reason it’s surprising is b/c…well, Clark’s an alien.
    (It could be Chloe and Oliver, though)

Comment by Audrey E. – March 8, 2011 10:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My guess would be Ziva. I take it that this means they’ll really write her off NCIS. Sad (for me) – but I guess that would be a justifiable way of saying goodbye to her.

Comment by Kiki – March 8, 2011 10:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • if this is meredith and derek then it supports the gossip of merder possibly adopting (maybe a baby from where arizona was working in africa?? or a baby that comes into the ER) and just as the adoption goes through, they have given up on their own baby…. and then she is preg in the finale….. 2 babies??

Comment by lara – March 8, 2011 10:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Brooke on One Tree Hill. She and Julian are adopting a baby because she couldn’t have kids. So, they would have a newborn adopted child and would have a newborn of their own coming.

Comment by Rob – March 8, 2011 10:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My first thought was that Ourverse Olivia on Fringe will probably be pregnant as well.

Comment by Derek64 – March 8, 2011 10:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think it’s Owen & Cristina……it was my first thought…..would be hilarious and quite the shocker.

Comment by Sabrina – March 8, 2011 10:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s gotta be greys Anatomy because of the baby boom comment. It’s either Lexie or else Cristina and Owen.

Comment by Rita – March 8, 2011 10:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • what baby boom comment?

Comment by MiMi – March 8, 2011 10:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would love it so soo much if it were Lexie and Jackson! Their baby would be BEAUTIFUL lol also ausiello said there’s another reason the pregnancy would be shocking… Lexie and Mark broke up because she didn’t want a family, now how hilariously awesome would it be if lexie gets pregnant with avery’s kid? lol it’d be like they have their own little families now. gosh! i really hope its lexie and jackson, i want to see more of them!!

Comment by MiMi – March 8, 2011 10:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t think anyone has said it yet, but I think the Blind Item refers to the Good Wife and Alicia and Peter. Here are my reasons:

1. Peter & Alicia just recently were shown in bed together.
    2. Quite obviously they have not been trying to become pregnant.
    3. There would be no mystery about the identity of the father as Alicia’s relationship with Will did not lead anywhere.
    4. In the bold print, Michael says get a mass debate (tee hee) – this show is all about debating!!

Comment by tvfan – March 8, 2011 10:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Chloe & Oliver – the shock would be that it’d happen when the series ends. But I guess it’s only my wishfull thinking – I don’t think Smallville is THAT popular.

Comment by Dominika – March 8, 2011 10:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Whoever it is, it should be Cuddy. House as a daddy? Who is the bigger baby.

Comment by Gary – March 8, 2011 10:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My previous reaction got removed but it is obviously Brooke. No question.

Comment by Ingmar – March 8, 2011 10:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please be Addison, please be Addison, please be Addison! She’s dating Sam and wants to have a baby with him but she’s said to be infertile and seeing that Sam doesn’t want a baby at the moment I guess they will talk about it, more like fight, but definitely won’t try to get pregnant so it would be a shock and we’d know who the father is. Private Practice for the win!

Comment by ella – March 8, 2011 10:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would wager that an Alicia (Peter being the Dad. If Blake and Kalinda hooked up at the hotel I would have said them.

Comment by How come no one has guessed the Good Wife – March 8, 2011 10:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post