Blind Item: Who's Got a Bun In the Oven?

Get More: Blind Item

‘Tis the season when producers begin villainously twirling mustaches as they concoct season-ending cliffhangers that they hope will torture us all summer long. And the execs at one show — an hourlong drama, and a popular one at that! — have come up with a doozie.

According to an insider, much like 90210‘s impending baby bombshell, the series in question will end its season by revealing that one of its major female characters is pregnant! The news will catch everyone by surprise, no one more so than the mommy and daddy-to-be, who weren’t exactly trying to have a child. The baby boom will also come as a shock for another reason, but to give that away would narrow the field of candidates too much.

However, I’ll leave you with one clue: Unlike Gossip Girl‘s climactic reveal that Georgina was pregnant in its May 2010 season finale, in this case there will be no mystery about the identity of the father.

TVLine Blind Item: Which Primetime Drama Will Be Seeing Double?

So… guesses? Who do you think is with child? Get a mass debate (tee-hee) going in the comments section!

Comments (608)

• I really wouldn’t be surprised if it was Cuddy!

Comment by Helen – March 8, 2011 09:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • silver & naveed, 90210

Comment by chris – March 8, 2011 09:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well, they’re not trying so that leaves out Meredith and Derek. =[

Comment by Kayla – March 8, 2011 09:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Adam and Kristina from Parenthood.

Comment by Hannah – March 8, 2011 09:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • BTW … can we define “popular”? Are we talking popular among people online … or popular ratings-wise?

Comment by Dave – March 8, 2011 09:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would love for it to be Cristina, because she would be hillarious pregnant but I doubt it. Just to much baby drama going on there, doubt Shonda would have another pregnancy because we KNOW Mer/Der will be.

Comment by Lisa – March 8, 2011 09:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Zeke and Bonnie Bedilia’s character in Parenthood.

Comment by A – March 8, 2011 09:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think it’s Kitty on Brothers and Sisters… I’m not sure if that show still qualifies as a hit, but I’ve been thinking Kitty would get pregnant for awhile. It makes sense that she and Ryan Devlin’s character would have a baby together because he said that if the show returns next season he will become a series regular!

Comment by Lindsey – March 8, 2011 09:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Congrats Lindsey, you nailed it.

Comment by Travis – May 9, 2011 01:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How about Gabby on Parenthood. Daddy would be Crosby and wouldn’t that cause some major drama

Comment by kim – March 8, 2011 09:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Minka Kelly has been cast as one of the Angels in the new Charlies Angels on ABC so it wont be Gabby

Comment by Humbugged – March 8, 2011 09:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NAOMI on Private Practice.

(explain THAT one, Naomi! Let alone Little Miss Non-Abortion.) haha

What do I win? :)

Comment by Sunny – March 8, 2011 09:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • She is leaving the show at the end of the season.

Comment by Sara – March 8, 2011 09:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My guess is Chuck and Sarah!

Comment by Alex – March 8, 2011 09:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Alicia -The Good Wife

Comment by Dee – March 8, 2011 09:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Oh, that would be a great plot twist!

Comment by nook – March 8, 2011 09:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agree! And Michael A said in spoilers this week that Eli will be happy with the surprise Alicia gives to the Campaign. Bambino on board!

Comment by Amy – March 8, 2011 05:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It is obviously Lois from Smallville… oh wait is that show coming back?

Comment by Tigger Olsen – March 8, 2011 09:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Annie via Abed on Community.

Comment by Couldhappen – March 8, 2011 09:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m going with Grey’s Anatomy, but here’s the twist. It’s Lexie and Mark. The shock being that Mark is already the father of Callie’s baby.

Comment by Gambs – March 8, 2011 09:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Cuddy on House.

Comment by JB – March 8, 2011 09:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lexie and Avery from Grey’s Anatomy

Comment by Emily P – March 8, 2011 09:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That’s what i want it to be!

Comment by Sammi – March 16, 2011 07:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • well I’m sure this is wrong, but since I watch all of like 3 or 4 shows and only one could really fit into this I going to guess Hannah and Caleb on PLL?

Comment by T – March 8, 2011 09:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I REALLY hope its Cuddy.

Comment by Mandy – March 8, 2011 09:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m not going to posit a guess, just a theory: does the key phrase “mass debate” offer up a hint?

Comment by Jackie – March 8, 2011 09:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That’s what I was trying to figure out.

Comment by Kate – March 8, 2011 09:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m going to say HOUSE but not Cuddy its going to be 13 and Foreman…could be why 13 left

Comment by kat – March 8, 2011 09:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sara Sidle

LOL

Comment by nook – March 8, 2011 09:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • CHUCK CHUCK CHUCK CHUCK CHUCK CHUCK

Comment by George Shea – March 8, 2011 09:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It would certainly be a surprise if Chuck were pregnant…

Comment by MoxieSue – March 8, 2011 09:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m also paying attention to Ausiello’s offhanded comment at the end of this article: “Get a mass debate (tee-hee) going in the comments section!”
    Mass debate, huh? Could it be a show that has been sparking a lot of debate lately? Makes me think even more that it might be house…but I just…it seems crazy.

Comment by Allyson – March 8, 2011 09:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t think it’s a hint, I think he was just saying it as a joke. “Mass debate” sounds like “masturbate”. Tee hee!

Comment by Amber – March 8, 2011 11:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jay and Gloria…from modern family. That would be hilarious.

Comment by Saf – March 8, 2011 09:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Modern Family is not an hour long drama…

Comment by Melanie – March 8, 2011 10:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I want to say Grey’s and I badly want this for MerDer but the finale is still far away and even the actors might not have info about it YET so I doubt its Grey’s However I do see such a possibility playing out for Mer “fingers crossed”

Comment by MerDer4ever – March 8, 2011 09:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m going to say Brooke from One Tree Hill

Comment by A – March 8, 2011 09:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • As long as it’s not Beckett from Castle, I don’t care all that much. Cuddy would be evil after last night, so that would be right up TPTB’s sleeves!

Comment by Edisto – March 8, 2011 09:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Or Gina from Castle (as the actress is pregnant in real life). Barf!

Comment by ACP – March 8, 2011 09:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Oh is that why she didn’t come on the show for the break up?

But I can’t really see that happening either. Also, they broke up in January, wouldn’t she know way before May that she’s pregnant?

Comment by Edisto – March 8, 2011 09:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I think that’s why she didn’t return onscreen. And you’re right it probably isn’t likely – she would be pretty big by this point anyway. Plus she’s not really a major character.

Comment by ACP – March 8, 2011 09:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Yeah, that’s true. So Beckett’s the only option, but still not likely.

Comment by Edisto – March 8, 2011 10:23 AM PDT
  • I have to say Yang on Grey`s Anatomy. Because of the falopian tube she lost it would be a surprise. Or Cuddy on House. That would be hillarious

Comment by m – March 8, 2011 09:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lexie and Avery on Grey’s

Comment by Karlee – March 8, 2011 09:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Cristina from Greys

Comment by Mary – March 8, 2011 09:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • susan on desperate housewives

Comment by dld – March 8, 2011 09:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m going with Ellie and Awesome on Chuck. Shock because they just had a baby and they aren’t trying to get pregnant. The actress who plays Ellie (Sarah Lancaster) is pregnant in real life so either they need to write it into the show or she needs to go on a “retreat” for awhile.

Comment by Tara – March 8, 2011 09:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Cant believe noone said Brooke yet of One Tree Hill! This will most defintely be the SERIES finale aswell; and they are not realy trying since she thinks she cant get children. I bet it would be her.

Second choice, but way far less would be Christina.

Comment by Ingmar – March 8, 2011 09:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Addison on (Private Practice)
    - Addison and Sam aren’t trying because they are still debating the baby issue
    - has fertility issues
    - no question who the father is

Comment by Lindsey – March 8, 2011 09:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please Please let it be Cuddy!

Comment by Trish – March 8, 2011 09:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Cuddy. Because getting her pregnant by House is a new way to ruin a once-great show.

Comment by Mike – March 8, 2011 09:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Christina and Owen! The last few episodes have talked about how she doesn’t want children and it is creating a major issue in their relationship! No question who the father is AND it would be a shock! (Not so shocking for Meredith… no shock at all really.)

Or House and Cuddy would definitley be shocking after last night’s episode!

Comment by CafeBina – March 8, 2011 09:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m guessing Owen and Christina. He wants a child, she doesn’t (and shouldn’t). Not everyone wants to be a parent. This is the one issue neither side should compromise on.

Comment by Angela – March 8, 2011 09:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Could be Christina and Owen, that would be a huge blow to Meredith especially since they just repaired their friendship.

Other guesses: Sam and Addison, Jenna & Alaric (TVD), Olivia & Peter of this world.

Comment by Michelle – March 8, 2011 09:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This fits with a rumor I heard a while back about Supernatural. Praying that I’m wrong, because Lisa being pregnant would probably be one of the stupidest things the show could do.

Comment by Julia – March 8, 2011 09:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How about something crazy: The Vampire Diaries! Stefan and Elena. Sure, he’s a vampire, but that’s what is so shocking!

Comment by Allison – March 8, 2011 09:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Actually, that’s what I was thinking as well. That would be a major shock but they’re great at manipulating the mythology…

Comment by Lisa – March 8, 2011 09:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Exactly my thoughts!

Comment by Sally – March 8, 2011 12:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Zeke and his wife from Parenthood! =o)

Comment by Melissa – March 8, 2011 09:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Cristina and Owen on Grey’s! Kevin McKidd has been hinting for a while that the baby issue was going to be a big deal for them and there was that called off season 5 story line about her getting pregnant which Kevin said they decided to save for another time. It wouldn’t suprise me at all if it was them because it would create so much drama, since she a.) doesnt want to have a baby now (or ever) and b.) Meredith and Derek has been trying for forever and haven’t been able to so itll create drama with Mer if Cristina even mentions the word ‘abortion’ to her.

Comment by Stephanie – March 8, 2011 09:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was thinking Parenthood. Thought the “not trying to have a baby” was a tip towards Julia and her husband who have been trying. I’d be shocked if any of the other women turned up preggers!

Comment by C – March 8, 2011 09:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sarah on Chuck?

Comment by Jason – March 8, 2011 09:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Elena on The Vampire Diaries. Although I hope that isn’t the case since Angel already did it.

Comment by Doktor Sleepless – March 8, 2011 09:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • our olivia is pregnant which explains the doppleganger blind item the baby in our universe and the baby in the alternate universe

Comment by ruby – March 8, 2011 09:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Someone on Parenthood…NOT Julia. Amber, maybe? Or Kristina.

Comment by louise – March 8, 2011 09:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • …or Haddie.

Comment by JD – March 8, 2011 11:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I really really hope it’s not Haddie or Amber. Let us not have to deal with teen pregnancies on yet another show.

Comment by Hannah Van Muyen – March 9, 2011 11:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • omg I am thinking its going to be Owen and Cristina!!! They were suppose to get pregnant in season 5 and then raise the baby in season 6 soo I wonder if Shonda has something up her sleeve for them!! I am kind of hoping they would be sooo cute as parents Cristina would be hilarious as a mom!!!!

Comment by OwenCristinafan – March 8, 2011 09:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post