Blind Item: Who's Got a Bun In the Oven?

Get More: Blind Item

‘Tis the season when producers begin villainously twirling mustaches as they concoct season-ending cliffhangers that they hope will torture us all summer long. And the execs at one show — an hourlong drama, and a popular one at that! — have come up with a doozie.

According to an insider, much like 90210‘s impending baby bombshell, the series in question will end its season by revealing that one of its major female characters is pregnant! The news will catch everyone by surprise, no one more so than the mommy and daddy-to-be, who weren’t exactly trying to have a child. The baby boom will also come as a shock for another reason, but to give that away would narrow the field of candidates too much.

However, I’ll leave you with one clue: Unlike Gossip Girl‘s climactic reveal that Georgina was pregnant in its May 2010 season finale, in this case there will be no mystery about the identity of the father.

TVLine Blind Item: Which Primetime Drama Will Be Seeing Double?

So… guesses? Who do you think is with child? Get a mass debate (tee-hee) going in the comments section!

Comments (608)

• Fringe our olivia gets pregnant as well

Comment by Anusha – March 8, 2011 09:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That’s my other choice, along with Cuddy/House.

Comment by MoxieSue – March 8, 2011 09:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Really seems like Cuddy, but then again it might not be because it’s so obvious.

Though the twist could be that she wants an abortion (lord knows the show loves giving “reasons” for people to hate her) since she already has Rachel and just broke up with House.

Comment by Cheery – March 8, 2011 10:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • House SPOILER: If it were Cuddy, it should have shown up on the scans/ultrasound she had. If it was way too early to show, I would worry that the x-rays would have harmed the baby. She can’t have House’s baby now unless they plan to have another romp in the sack

Comment by Amanda – March 8, 2011 10:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • But she didn’t actually have an x-ray at any point. There was a cystoscopy, ultrasound, biopsy, surgical imaging scans and then the surgury to remove the oncocytoma; none of those involve radiation.

Comment by Cheery – March 8, 2011 11:24 AM PDT
          • Actually, any type of imaging scan emits some radiation. In many cases the amount is very low.

Comment by Jill – March 8, 2011 12:20 PM PDT
          • They wouldn’t see an embryo while looking at her kidneys. That said I don’t think It’s House.

Comment by Haddy – March 8, 2011 12:39 PM PDT
        • No silly, it’s obviously going to be Martha pregnant with Chase’s baby. I know they haven’t had sex but Chase is just that good.

Comment by Mikos – March 8, 2011 01:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Hah, that would be fantastic! I actually thought they’d be a good pairing on the show. Maybe it would have happened, if Amber wanted to stay with House.

Comment by sashay – March 23, 2011 01:30 PM PDT
        • And why on earth would an abortion villianize Cuddy? There is nothing wrong with abortion and she’s a strong-willed woman who seems like the type who believes in a woman’s choice. That being said I don’t believe it’s her, anyway.

Comment by Ash – March 9, 2011 11:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Because the “other side” of that issue tends to be louder (and more annoying) …

Comment by S. – March 16, 2011 10:31 AM PDT
          • The reason that an abortion would villainize her may not be because of the politics of it at all. The fact that she worked so hard to adopt a baby and then would abort her own would probably do it for most people.

Comment by Shan – March 30, 2011 10:26 AM PDT
          • You do realize that life starts at conception, which therefore means abortion is murder. How is there nothing wrong with murdering your child? I am 100% pro life but do believe under certain circumstances (ie sexual assault or illness) abortion is the right choice.

I have a feeling this story line has NOTHING to do with House. Cuddy is unable to conceive, which lead her to adopt Rachel. She struggled for a long time to have Rachel and I doubt they would do all that just to have her fall pregnant to House. Sorry, NO!. Also there is no way after everything she went through for Rachel, that she would abort her child if she was to fall pregnant, no partner or not.

Comment by Hannah – April 5, 2011 10:54 PM PDT
        • It does seem obvious but it may redeem her a bit, well ok if in my eyes only! Would really like to see House as a daddy!

Comment by Danielle – March 23, 2011 06:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • For God’s sake no. We have had enough of Cuddy stealing the spotlight this year. Let’s get back to HOUSE without Cuddy.

Comment by Patty – March 8, 2011 11:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I agree 10 fold
          I’m glad cuddy split up with house

Comment by Abi – March 9, 2011 06:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t think (real) Olivia & Peter have slept together. At least not yet! I think it’s another show. I don’t think Fringe would go there…it’s already a little soapy with Fauxlivia being pregnant.

Comment by Jennifer – March 8, 2011 09:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • They slept together at the end of 6b (2 episodes ago)…at least that was the impression that i got. But, i don’t think that it is them.

Comment by Liz – March 8, 2011 10:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I don’t know, the way she lead him upstairs & her smile looked pretty suggestive to me..

Comment by Ceecile – March 8, 2011 10:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I don’t think it is Fringe because it is not “popular.” We don’t even know if it will be back next season, given its ratings.

Comment by Lucia – March 11, 2011 02:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Oh my gosh! Wouldn’t that rock!!! :) What a twist. I like the way you think. ;)

Comment by Sarah P. – March 8, 2011 11:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I wish, but he made a point to say it’s a popular show, and as wrong as it may be, I don’t think Fringe fits that bill. Well loved, yes, but the popular masses haven’t caught on.

I’m guessing Ziva on NCIS.

Comment by DotDotDot – March 8, 2011 01:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • YES!!! I was thinking the same thing! We’ve been hearing all about Ray this season so it wouldn’t be any surprise who the father is if they were to announce that she was prego. Abby would be fun too, especially if it meant she and Timmy had hooked up!

Comment by Tiffany – March 9, 2011 03:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Abby and Tim? Wouldn’t that be a hoot? Now that Tim is so slim, Abby might get drunk and give him a tumble, but I doubt it.

Comment by Lana Randall – May 14, 2011 07:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agree, especially with the “seeing double” clue at the end!!
      It would also make sense why they rushed our Olivia into bed with Peter, it didn’t really fit, but if they want to make sure to have mirror pregnancies they can’t be far behind Fauxlivia.

Comment by Bonnie – March 8, 2011 06:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I also thought it felt rushed. But if this were to turn out to be true, I’m not sure how I feel about it. Fauxlivia’s pregnancy already feels soapy…this makes that even worse.

Comment by jules – March 9, 2011 09:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • totally
      the apple glyph has two parallel and identical fetuses in it (one for Fauxlivia, one for olivia)

Comment by Dessy – March 23, 2011 12:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Booth and Bones!

Comment by Midori – March 8, 2011 09:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • YES!! Agree!!

Comment by keila – March 8, 2011 09:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’ll admit it was my first thought… And the phrase “no mystery about the identity of the father” could point to it being a criminal/mystery type show.

Although it being a shock for a second reason could point to Cuddy, since she believes herself to basically be infertile.

Comment by b – March 8, 2011 10:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I’m thinking the same thing about the Cuddy angle, actually it was the first thing to pop in my head, it would also be unexpected as of the current Huddy status but after the refusal of House to sleep with his married ho, really how far away can make up sex be? And let’s not forget that this is tv where the impossible is possible!

Comment by Danielle – March 23, 2011 05:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The fastest way to destroy a series is to hook up the two stars ala Moonlighting. Remember how much better it was before the Bruce Willis and Sybil Shepard characters started boinking?

Comment by CMJ – March 8, 2011 10:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I am sick of everyone using moonlighting as the excuse. There have been plenty of shows were it worked.

Comment by Tia – March 8, 2011 10:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Can you name one besides a soap opera? I’m drawing a blank.

Comment by Jenn – March 8, 2011 11:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Chuck. Monica and Chandler. Elliot and J.D. Grayson and Jules are working pretty well. Meredith and Derek.

There are plenty of good shows that handle romance. Moonlighting is a terrible example to base shows off of. The actors hated each other!

Comment by Sara – March 8, 2011 11:40 AM PDT
          • ITA with Sara about Chuck. I’ve found it more exciting with Sarah and Chuck together and am glad the showrunners are doing it in such a way that I don’t feel like (at least I hope not) that they are interested in doing the will they/won’t they charade.

Comment by Carrie – March 8, 2011 12:10 PM PDT
          • Hayley and Nathan work much better and are far more interesting once they let them be a basically happily committed couple. Lois and Clark are much more fun on Smallville once they did the same. The brief time Sydney and Vaughn were happily together on Alias was a fun and entertaining period for the show, and it went drastically downhill when the show yanked them apart again. Aeryn and Jon were adorable when they got to be happy together on Farscape (and much of the yanking them apart again was the more annoying period of the show).

Once you reach a certain point with a couple, a good show has to just let them move forward and to work on discovering what storylines are now available in the new situation. When a show successfully does this, it’s often a breath of fresh air to the show and it can take on a new burst of “fun”. It’s the strict following of the “status quo is god” that brings a show spiraling into stagnation. Shows where couples get together or almost get together and then break up again for increasingly stupid reasons get tiresome, and the appeal of the relationship eventually starts to tarnish under all that angst. Letting things move forward allows the writers to refocus their creativity and do something new.

Comment by Fiona – March 8, 2011 12:18 PM PDT
          • Also: All of the married couples from Modern Family…are hilarious, and still very exciting!

Dexter and Rita never lost their spark, and everyone was devastated when they killed off Rita!

There are plenty…and more importantly…the trend is turning toward couples being together, because it’s just as destructive to a show to keep them apart once it’s become ridiculous to keep them apart!

Comment by mommahurley – March 8, 2011 07:08 PM PDT
          • Closer, with Brenda and Fritz. They actually acted like a real married couple, and it didn’t hurt the show one bit.

Comment by Shar – March 9, 2011 04:24 AM PDT
          • i def agree with Chuck i love that chuck and sarah are together and i don’t have to worry ne more about the will they won’t they i mean i loved it well it happened and hated it at the same time lol. But so many shows do that and then break them up a million times even though u know they’re gonna get together and it’s like cmon already just stay together and stop breaking up! That’s y i love that Chuck has kept them together. Chuck 4 ever!!

Comment by Kayla – March 29, 2011 08:53 PM PDT
        • Moonlighting died – not because the characaters lost the will they or won’t they – but because by the time they did – the writing and story telling was tired and the Cybill / Bruce relationship had gone sour.

Comment by trista – March 8, 2011 12:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Agree, Agree, Agree! That excuse has been over used, and over worked and should now be over the hill! How about poorly written scripts that got to be on the raunchy side in Moonlighting.

Comment by eatgarden – March 8, 2011 03:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Moonlighting is still a good example, because the sexual tension was a core part of the show. Once that dynamic was gone the show collapsed.

Other shows that are set up the same way almost always suffer the same fate when the characters finally get together. I can’t comment about Bones as I don’t watch it, but Castle I think is a good example. If Castle and Beckett ever got together I think the show would go belly up very quickly.

I Dream of Jeannie, Remington Steele, and The Nanny are more examples of shows that went belly up once the sexual tension was gone. I’m sure there are more, but frankly I’m tired right now and can’t think of any others :)

Comment by Alex – March 8, 2011 08:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I Dream of Jeannie?

Seriously? So, based on your post, I’m to believe that “sexual tension was a core part of the show.” I’ve only ever seen it in reruns, but I don’t remember there EVER being sexual tension between Jeannie & her master.

I am so glad to see people post about what a crock it is to cite Moonlighting as an example. They waited too long to put them together, executed the hook-up horribly, and the actors were phoning it in for months beforehand.

Comment by kym – March 11, 2011 01:44 PM PDT
          • I just want to remind you that in Remington Steele the romance/sexual tension was never resolved and this is why the ratings went down, people had enough of watching the romance roller-coaster, this TV show is an example of the extreme in the other direction of UST. The good show should balance the romance and the good writer should know when to cut UST as too much dragging of the will they/won’t they just becomes ridiculous like Bones. At this point I don’t really care if Bones/Booth are together any more

Comment by Nan – March 16, 2011 07:39 PM PDT
        • Exactly! Besides I was there when Moonlighting aired and that wasn’t the reason the show failed. It was because Shepherd and Willis couldn’t stand each other, and it transpired on screen more and more every day.

Comment by Ana – March 22, 2011 07:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • This “Moonlighting” post is a troll. An obvious, kind of lazy troll. I understand the motivation. Sooner or later someone brings this up, and it’s so tired a comment that people are beginning to get sick of it and lash back.
        That’s why it’s a lazy troll. It’s so easy to hook the fishies.

Comment by sadtroll – March 8, 2011 01:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Unfortunately too many people (well, showrunners) still subscribe to this tired theory (I’m looking at you, Hart Hanson). They’re convinced that the only reason viewers tune in is because they’re stringing us along, keeping us guessing whether or not the couple will get together, cause of course that must be the only reason we’re watching. It shows a disturbing lack of faith in their writers’ abilities and in the viewers’ intelligence. Wish they would get over it.

Comment by Kristina – March 8, 2011 02:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Nooooooooooooooooooo! That would so ruin it!

Comment by B/B Shipper – March 8, 2011 11:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I was thinking Bones but it being between Cam and her Doctor boyfriend, which would be ironic him being a gynecologist and all.

Comment by Ghost – March 8, 2011 12:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I did think of them but now I think it might be Castle and Beckett.

Comment by Eatgarden – March 8, 2011 03:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Um, so now you can get pregnant for kissing someone? really?
        Tell me when these two had sex… you can’t, right?
        Besides, the producers won’t let Beckett get pregnant, the shows it’s to damn good to ruin it :)

Comment by Javi – March 9, 2011 12:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • My first thought, too.

Comment by Gingersnap – March 8, 2011 07:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • ha, it’s funny. even though this ended up being about B&S, it still fits bones perfectly!

Comment by haa – May 21, 2011 02:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wouldn’t be surprised if it was Meredith on Grey’s Anatomy. They pretty much gave up “trying” and are just going with the flow, if I remember correctly. Everyone thought it was going to be her but it turned out to be Callie. Shonda has also said that she wasn’t sure when they were going to get pregnant but not to rule it out. If it’s not this I have no other guesses!

Comment by Brett – March 8, 2011 09:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • oops! I thought it didn’t post. The post below is also mine:

“Meredith on Grey’s Anatomy!

1. We would not second guess the father.
      2. They have stopped “trying” and are just going with the flow.
      3. It would be a shock cause of their fertility issues, but if he said that we would have guessed her immediately!

Where’s my prize?”

Comment by Brett – March 8, 2011 09:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • i agree. meredith is totally gonna be pregant. if not this season than by the next because shonda promised a merder baby <3

Comment by amelia – March 15, 2011 09:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ll bet it’s Cristina and Owen from Grey’s Anatomy. It’s a show with multiple leading ladies, and it would add drama if Cristina gets pregnant and Meredith doesn’t.

Comment by Angela – March 8, 2011 09:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree Christina and Owen…mostly because she doesn’t want a child and producers think that is somehow entertaining ad a storyline It sure is not to infertile couples!

Comment by Katjy – March 8, 2011 09:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree. Christina and Owen were the first two that jumped to mind after their argument in the last episode.

Comment by Eric – March 8, 2011 09:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • This would make sense. Especially since he said “baby boom,” which would imply that there are other pregnant people on the show (such as Callie.) Christina and Owen would definitely be a shocker since she doesn’t want kids, but watching her deal with pregnancy would be hysterical.

Comment by ktbanks – March 8, 2011 05:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m thinking Cristina and Owen too, cos she was dead set against baby carrying in the first place.

Comment by Belinda – March 8, 2011 09:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree…Christina and Owen from greys…they are not trying, christina has already said she doesn’t want children and owen does

Comment by Julie Carter – March 8, 2011 10:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed. That’s exactly the couple that came into my mind when I saw the title.

Comment by Meg – March 8, 2011 12:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That was the first thought that came to my mind, too. Especially after the whole “growing up” conversation between C & O last episode.

Comment by KJ – March 8, 2011 01:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ugh…hope not.

Comment by jules – March 9, 2011 09:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think it is Cristina and Owen, too. Not Meredith and Derek, who have been trying all season. Cristina and Owen have not been trying and also the shock is mainly for Cristina, who has said adamantly that she does not want children.

Comment by Cinders – March 17, 2011 01:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m gonna go with Cuddy !

Comment by ShM – March 8, 2011 09:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Not a fan of shocker pregnancies, but gotta go with Cuddy for this one.

Comment by Sourabh – March 8, 2011 09:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • that would be quite a twist in events after last night. *sob*

Comment by H. – March 8, 2011 10:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Cuddy is way too old and it would be an even more stupid move in a year of stupid moves for the show. Let House move on and find a way to grow as a character on his own.

Comment by Patty – March 8, 2011 11:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Cuddy is too old to bear a chid

Comment by Sarah – March 8, 2011 04:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Cuddy.

Comment by Allison – March 8, 2011 09:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It would make sense because Cuddy couldn’t get pregnant when she tried to back in the earlier seasons.

Comment by Jerbear – March 8, 2011 11:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Cuddy !

Comment by JO – March 8, 2011 09:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Cuddy? She tried but couldn’t have a child, so it would be a big surprise to her and House.

Comment by MoxieSue – March 8, 2011 09:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • House? Just watched last night’s episode again and it was definitely a unique episode. With House (maybe) back on Vicodin and the Huddy breakup, Cuddy pregnant would be huge!

Comment by teehee – March 8, 2011 09:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am convinced that Erica (V) will become pregnant. The father ? Hobbes!

Comment by ripleyaeryn – March 8, 2011 09:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I would love to see that!

Comment by sadini – March 8, 2011 11:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Fringe for sure. Olivia gets pregnant… Our olivia just because faux-olivia is pregnant already. It will keep the two universes in balance

Comment by Anusha – March 8, 2011 09:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Wow… That makes so much sense. Our Olivia HAS to be pregnant right? Unless the tear in the universe from Peter being brought over altered the two worlds so that they don’t neccesarily mirror eachother anymore.

Comment by Mike – March 8, 2011 10:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • As much as I want to get onboard with this idea, the world’s aren’t totally in balance in terms of people. Olivia’s mother is dead in her world, Faux-olivia’s mom is alive and well in hers. And the couple that thought they were seeing the ghost of their spouse but were just seeing the other side – one couple had kids, the other didn’t. I’m not sure the rationalization fits, but dang – that would be one heck of a decision for Peter!

Comment by KDW – March 8, 2011 04:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • The universes were in balance until Peter was taken from my understanding. At some point, I believe, things will have to start balancing out again, unless the writer are dead set of eliminating on of the universes. Honestly I’d be so sad if that does happen, it would be so hard accepting that we’d never see the the missing side. At first I hated the other side, but the writer have done such a great job that I now see neither as villainous and enjoy both sets of characters equally. It is very possible Olivia is pregnant, but it wouldn’t be shocking to the viewers given what they know about the dynamics of the two universes.

Comment by Tooquie – April 1, 2011 10:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Mass debate. LOL … thank you for that. Made my day.

Comment by Dave – March 8, 2011 09:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • “mass debate (tee-hee)” Massive Dynamic? Am I reading into this too much? I would go with Peter/Olivia or Lexi and Jackson

Comment by Kristin – March 8, 2011 11:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yes. “Mass debate” sounds like “masturbate”, hence the “tee-hee”.

Comment by Jackie – March 12, 2011 05:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Cuddy?

Ziva?

Comment by nook – March 8, 2011 09:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Brooke & Julian on One Tree Hill. They are gonna adopt and she’s been told she can’t get pregnant.

Comment by Margaret Bristol – March 8, 2011 09:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Her being pregnant in the finale is kinda already out there, idk if it would be Blind Item material.

Comment by Britney – March 8, 2011 09:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree. Brooke getting pregnant would not be surprising at all. Plus, it said that it’s a pretty popular show, which doesn’t really describe One Tree Hill. I still watch it, but it gets less than 2 million viewers an episode. Definitely not what I would conisder a popular show.

Comment by Christine – March 8, 2011 02:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Addison (Private Practice) It is a shock because she is practically infertile.

Comment by Sara – March 8, 2011 09:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Or Charlotte?

Comment by Ana M. – March 8, 2011 09:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • It says it is a shock. That wouldn’t be a shock.

Comment by Sara – March 8, 2011 09:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Cuddy certainly wouldn’t be a shock it would just be **vomit**. The last thing we need is more Cuddy.

Comment by Patty – March 8, 2011 11:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Your comment was perfect!!!! Here, where I live, are 3:26 in the morning and I laugh much…much…much…
            Thanks! :)

Comment by Cleide – March 8, 2011 10:29 PM PDT
    • I’m going to guess Addison too!

Comment by Amy – March 8, 2011 10:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • An Addison pregnancy would also throw a wrench in Sam and Naomi reconciliation.

Comment by kozy – March 8, 2011 01:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Audra McDonald is leaving the show so it doesn’t matter if it affects anything between Sam and Naomi.

Comment by Shanna – March 15, 2011 06:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree ! It’s Addison Montgomery in Private Practice! The article mentions “baby boom” and only in Shondaland there’s baby boom. It won’t be in Grey’s Anatomy cause we already have Callie having a baby, Meredith and Derek are trying to and the article sais that the couple isn’t actually trying to have a baby and the McKidd just ruled out a Christina-Owen baby in his interview in E Online today.

So, we go to Private Practice. Charlotte had lots of drama this season and she is getting married and doesn’t have fertility issues or sth like that, so a baby won’t be a surprise for her.Neither it would be for Violet since cause it’d be normal, she can have babies, she is married etc… Naomi is leaving the show, so a pregnancy of hers serves absolutely nothing.
      Addison is the most possible answer cause of the following reasons:
      1) The writers keep mentioning from time to time that she has 2 eggs left but also put her in total disbelief that she would even be able to have one… she said it in an episode this season “It will probably never happen to me”. So they might possibly have put her in a position of having giving up to birth control (cause she thought she had no chance…)
      2) If she has a fight with Sam over his kiss with Naomi and they are distant for a while, they won’t be able to resist for a long time cause they live next door… A night where they just have some more wine and the love that they share, could easily bring them back together, especially since Naomi is out of the picture with Fife.
      3) Even if Addie talks again with Sam about having a baby they will either end up with Sam asking for more time from her or her getting tested and once again being said that she has almost no chance and that there are “other options” etc…

The blind item sais that the couple isn’t actually trying to have a baby and Addisam isn’t. They are still debating it. Also, it sais : “The news will catch everyone by surprise, no one more so than the mommy and daddy-to-be, who weren’t exactly trying to have a child. The baby boom will also come as a shock for another reason, but to give that away would narrow the field of candidates too much” , so probably the person that gets pregnant does have fertility issues in order for the pregnancy to be a surprise even to the mother.

Finally, to rule out those who deny it cause Shonda said “No Addisam Baby this season”, this doesn’t mean we won’t get a pregnancy cliffhanger by the season finale, especially if Addison and Sam aren’t really good together after the kiss or another disagreement. What Shonda said, quite early this year, meant that like on other seasons where characters got pregnant in the middle of the season and had their baby ny the end of it, this wouldn’t be the case for Addison. If Addie gets pregnant, she’ll have the baby by next season. Too much potential in this storyline for Addison since Sam doesn’t feel ready, since she is an OBGYN and she’ll have to be the patient this time (possible pregnancy problems etc…).

Also, I forgot to mention, that when Kate Walsh was invited in the Rachel Ray show, Ray asked her how is the future for Addisam and Kate after thinking for a moment (she seemed to clearly used teh following word in purpose), she said “Bumpy, but in a good way”. And Ray make with her hand a sign of a pregnant belly, and Kate smiled and said “you never know!”.

Comment by Daphne – March 10, 2011 02:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Actually, that article does not really exclude Owen and Cristina. All he says is that they have stopped talking about the baby issue because it is a hot potato subject for both of them. He talks about the work conflict that will occupy their attention. So, they can still get pregnant, while they have their work issue.

Comment by Cinders – March 11, 2011 07:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree with you about Addie…in the last “next episode” set up it showed Addison taking a pregnancy test and looking kind of floored. Since she is supposedly “infertile” she & Sam probably haven’t bothered to use birth control. An Addisam baby!

Comment by Amy – March 23, 2011 03:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m gonna guess Beckett & Josh from CASTLE.

Comment by Katie – March 8, 2011 09:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That better not be true!

Also, I really can’t see that happening, otherwise she’d never end it with Josh or he with her. Can’t see Marlowe going there.

Comment by Edisto – March 8, 2011 09:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • It won’t be Beckett and Josh, he’s been out saving the world more than he’s been with Kate. I also think after this weeks two-part episode she’s starting to realize Josh may not be the man for her. Besides Andrew Marlowe said Castle is more of a sweeping romance than a procedural and having Beckett have another man’s baby doesn’t fit at all. Talk about the “Moonlighting Curse!”

Comment by JB – March 8, 2011 10:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I thought about this since it will be a weird twist for Castle but it wouldn’t fit. First, a pregnancy in a show where the leading lady is a cop is bad, since she will have to leave for maternity leave and would leave Castle without Beckett for a while (unless they placed this during the summer and then came back with her already having given birth)but then you have the little baby by himself…yeah I don’t see it working out. Second, this I believe will distance Beckett and Castle and I don’t think those are the writers plans. And Third, they mentioned “According to an insider, the series in question will end its season by revealing that one of its leading ladies to be pregnant!” It says leading ladies and this show only has Beckett.

Comment by Erika – March 8, 2011 10:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • although i agree with you erika…the last part is untrue.. i’d say lanie plays a particularly important role.. as does martha and alexis.. so i wouldn’t really call beckett the ONLY leading lady

Comment by Alana – March 8, 2011 08:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’d say Lanie and Esposito.

Comment by LoopyChew – March 24, 2011 02:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love House and Cuddy. But THIS BETTER NOT BE THEM!!! I dont want them to be together because of a baby!

Comment by Yo – March 8, 2011 09:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Thank you for this. Personally, I don’t want House and Cuddy together, but if I did, I certainly wouldn’t want them to start dating again/get married ONLY because of a child.

Comment by Ash – March 9, 2011 11:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Actually, it might work to keep them connected, but Cuddy’s reasons for splitting from House would be even more justified. There are some possibilities there.

Comment by sashay – March 23, 2011 01:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yang on Grey’s

Comment by GH – March 8, 2011 09:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Tony and Ziva

Comment by Allie – March 8, 2011 09:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Oh, god, I hope not. 1) Tiva is awful. 2) Talk about a kid that will be messed up with tons of issues.

Comment by Jenn – March 8, 2011 11:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Ziva and the yet to be met Ray. She wants something that “can’t be taken away” – at least that’s what she told Kate’s shrink sister. Could be the out if Cote decides not to return when her contract is up at the end of the season.
        She might also be the secretly married character that our intrepid reporter was referring to.

Ziva still banters with Tony but the flirting stopped after her last skiing vacation with Ray.

A new relationship and a baby could fill that wish for her.

Comment by NoChance – March 8, 2011 12:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • OH, H#LL NO! First, let’s look at this rationally… the spoiler says there’s supposed to be no mystery about the father. We’ve had ZERO evidence that Tony and Ziva have EVER slept together. Besides, what about the mysterious Ray that’s been mentioned throughout the season?

With luck, Ray will give Ziva the permanence that “can’t be taken away,” which would be a good out if CdP doesn’t renew her contract at the end of the season.

Not to mention the fact that Tiva is a nuclear-laden train wreck and is, by far, the worst chemistry on NCIS….

Comment by Blix – March 8, 2011 01:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • loool I think it won’t concern any NCIS character..

Ziva pregnant on the show?
        This is ridiculous..

No way this is never gonna happen (at least it’s not happening soon).

I bet it will be Private Practice or Grey’s Anatomy.

Maybe Gossip Girl again…something like that.
        But NOT NCIS!!

The show is too classy to come up with such a storyline.

Comment by Svenja – March 8, 2011 01:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Minorities are very funny to watch freak out… yes, ziva haters are a minority face it! And no, NOT talking about Tiva!

Comment by Jessie – March 13, 2011 08:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Oh ick no!! Tiva is so dead….Ziva yes if Ray is the father & it’s
      all used as the vehicle to write her off

Comment by ana – March 8, 2011 05:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Meredith on Grey’s Anatomy!

1. We would not second guess the father.
    2. They have stopped “trying” and are just going with the flow.

Where’s my prize?

Comment by Brett – March 8, 2011 09:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i would so hope to be House, but i don’t even want to care or think of this show after last night’s fiasco…

Comment by effuall – March 8, 2011 09:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Someone on Grey’s, since it’s already baby central over there? Meredith is trying for a baby, so obviously not her. Christina? There’d be no question about the father. But it would be hilarious if it was Lexie/Jackson.

Comment by Britney – March 8, 2011 09:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree. Lexi and Jackson

Comment by PA Mom – March 8, 2011 09:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yup! Lexie and Jackson would be amazing! lol

Comment by MiMi – March 8, 2011 10:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The only problem with Lexi & Jackson is that there WOULD be question of the father, she was back with Mark when he found out about Callie, and they’d had sex, so there could still be a “who’s your daddy” element to that. Cristina & Owen would be a good surprise, considering she isn’t supposed to be able to have kids either after her ectopic pregnancy with Burke (although the show seems to forget that part of history, and in all the baby talk they havent brought it up even once?) Meredith would still be somewhat of a surprise, given that she had to stop taking her fertility meds due to the severe side effects and has been told that was her only way to conceive. JMO. Olivia makes sense after the whole sleeping with Peter thing, not to mention it evens the score, since Peter’s choice of which side to fall on is what will ultimately decide the fate of the universes, well if Peter fell in love with both Olivias, the ball would fall on Faux-livia’s side too easily if she was the only one pregnant.

Comment by Nik – March 9, 2011 06:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • A correction to your post. Cristina can still get pregnant. She only lost one fallopian tube after the ectopic pregnancy. Once her other fallopian tube is healthy, she can still get pregnant.

Comment by Cinders – March 11, 2011 06:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Really popular hour long drama? Huddy!
    disclaimer: I don’t watch House.

Comment by Melissa – March 8, 2011 09:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • After last night, I am almost 100% sure it isn’t them.

Comment by Crystal – March 8, 2011 11:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This screams Grey’s Anatomy to me. Though I could see Desperate Housewives going there too, if its DH please for the love of God don’t let it be Lynette again

Comment by Ed – March 8, 2011 09:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I am guessing Desperate Housewives. I am guessing Bree because she thought she was starting menopause. And I am guessing Brian Austin Green comes back and is the dad OR a new leading man we meet this spring.

Comment by Paul – March 8, 2011 09:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Good thought. Can’t be BAG, or if it is, he won’t be coming back, because he already signed on to another show, and Ausiello confirmed that he will not be appearing on DH again. Could be his, and the new guy helps raise the baby though?

Comment by KJ – March 8, 2011 01:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m thinking Lynette again on Desperate Housewives. That would be a shock since they are definitely not trying to have any more kids!

Comment by Linda – March 8, 2011 10:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I think Susan on DH. With her kidney problems, they aren’t trying to have kids and there’s no doubt that Mike would be the father. Just my two cents

Comment by Kate – March 8, 2011 10:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Lynette is totally the best guess. “Seeing double”… Lynette and Tom are prone to twins.

Comment by DJ – March 9, 2011 12:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • If it is Lynette and Tom, I must say they must be the most fertile fictitious couple on television.

Comment by Cinders – March 11, 2011 06:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Kristina on Parenthood. With Julia and Joel trying like crazy and her and Adam struggling with Max it HAS to be them!

Comment by Clara – March 8, 2011 09:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I thought the same thing when I read this! Glad I was not the only one!

Comment by Katie – March 8, 2011 10:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Agreed, Christina and Adam!!!

Comment by Eliza – March 8, 2011 10:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ah, that’s a very good guess! I didn’t even think of Parenthood. However, now that I am, might I also suggest Crosby and Jasmine. She’s been really overemotional since they broke up, and it would be a shock since they aren’t together anymore and it would probably force them back into each other’s lives. But who knows, the timing probably wouldn’t be right if this wasn’t happening until the season finale. Christina and Adam seems like a much more logical guess.

Comment by Amber – March 8, 2011 11:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That was my first thought too!

Comment by Erin – March 8, 2011 12:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This was also my first thought….I don’t know if this show would be considered “popular” though. It should be!

Comment by Adina – March 8, 2011 01:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That would be cool, but again, the whole “popular” comment makes me think not. It’s got to be on a bigger show like NCIS or Grey’s for him to have made a point of mentioning its popularity.

Comment by DotDotDot – March 8, 2011 01:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I totally agree….unless Jasmine is pregnant again! That would be crazy crazy!

Comment by Linderella49 – March 8, 2011 05:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • totally

Comment by jay – March 9, 2011 04:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think it’s Sarah..she has soo many guys in her life!!

Comment by l – March 16, 2011 10:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My guess is Grey’s because Derek and Mer are trying to have a baby. Wonder who it will be?

Comment by Carey – March 8, 2011 09:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lexie will be pregnant with Mark’s baby too!

Comment by Missy – March 8, 2011 09:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That’s exactly what I was thinking. It makes the most sense, because nobody would have guessed it.

“The baby boom will also come as a shock for another reason”. The other reason is that Mark is also the father of Callie’s baby.

It can’t be Meredith and Derek, because there’s no surprise there. They’re trying to have a baby.

Comment by Kaodai – March 10, 2011 04:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’d love that to happen

Comment by gabby – March 22, 2011 07:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Emma Pillsbury-Howell, but not with Carl! Mr. Schue, what did you do??

Comment by DryOwlTacos – March 8, 2011 09:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • which DRAMA lady. Glee is comedy.

Comment by CM – March 8, 2011 09:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Christina and Owen.

Comment by Michelle – March 8, 2011 09:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m thinking Jasmine on Parenthood. It’d be a good way of getting them to reconcile their differences next season, but when she finds out they’ll still be fighting about Crosby’s “indiscretion”.

Comment by Loves TV – March 8, 2011 09:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That’s my other guess. Jasmine and Crosby or Adam and Kristina. Though I feel that if it’s Jasmine it borders on predictability.

Comment by Hannah – March 8, 2011 09:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Haddie and Alex on Parenthood? That would be a shocker.

Comment by Meg – March 8, 2011 09:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They make sense to me too – they seem to be heading towards their first time together and it would definitely shake up the whole family!

Comment by Clara – March 8, 2011 10:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You’re right, that would completely be a shocker, and it makes sense with what he’s talking about with how it’s a shocker for another reason then they weren’t trying. The second shock would because of their young age. This is my new vote.

Comment by Amber – March 8, 2011 11:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yang and Owen? Or is that too many pregnacies (callie e mer trying) in only one show??

Comment by Vanessa – March 8, 2011 09:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Private Practice – Addison and Sam… he just cheated on Addison with Naomi and she has wanted a kid: so the ultimate cliffhanger would leave her getting pregnant.

Comment by phyl – March 8, 2011 09:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I sooo agree and hope it’s her!!!!

Comment by Chara – March 8, 2011 09:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Maybe Sam and Naomi.

Comment by Jay – March 8, 2011 11:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I thought that too….but Naomi is leaving

Comment by anna – March 8, 2011 08:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ll go ahead and hazard a guess: M.E. Lanie from Castle. Only one I can possibly think of out of the very select few scripted shows I watch on a daily basis.

BJ

Comment by BJ Wanlund – March 8, 2011 09:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m going to go with House and Cuddy.

Comment by mossi – March 8, 2011 09:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How about Lexie on Grey’s Anatomy? She’s with Pretty Eyes now, she’s always freaked about having a kid, it’s cause all kinds of drama with Mark.

I say Lexie.

Comment by TxGowan – March 8, 2011 09:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ohh good guess! My only thought is that we won’t have another Grey’s pregnancy this year especially because Callie’s was basically exactly like what this blind item is saying. Shonda doesn’t usually do repeats like that. I’d love to see Lexie preggers though!

Comment by Stephanie – March 8, 2011 02:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • People it’s NOT Meredith! Now that that’s out of the way….the real guessing can begin

Comment by Kathryn – March 8, 2011 09:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • “It’s not meredith, now the real blah blah blah…’” -you know what it is!

Comment by lolo – March 22, 2011 03:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My first thought is Sarah on Chuck. It would be a fun dynamic to play with next season *fingers crossed* to see Sarah struggle with the limitations of pregnancy vs. wanting to be a spy, and eventually having to stay behind. It would also be fun to see who they bring in to replace Sarah while she’s on “maternity leave.”

Comment by DH – March 8, 2011 09:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ooh, I like that guess! But “Chuck” is far more comedy than drama.

Comment by Elizabeth – March 8, 2011 09:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • And what if there isn’t a next season? This seems like the kind of reveal that you announce before the very end of the season when you’re not guaranteed a renewal. Because that’s just torture.

Comment by jeremiah – March 8, 2011 09:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • The season finale of chuck is titled Chuck vs. the Cliffhanger, so the writers ovbiously have some suprise in store.

Comment by Liz – March 23, 2011 02:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That was already done on Get Smart. I really hope they don’t do this on Chuck.

Comment by Selena – March 8, 2011 02:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • After last night, if it’s Cuddy, I just might kill myself.

Comment by Cantare – March 8, 2011 09:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • damn now i wish it’s cuddy.

Comment by tvrulesyourlife – March 8, 2011 09:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well you would think that this was something that would show up in a medical exam somehow if it were Cuddy, but then again, we don’t know what is coming in the next few episodes, or maybe it was too soon to tell last night and it could be House and Cuddy. But I wouldn’t get my hopes up.
    Narrowing it to a network would be nice Ausiello, just sayin’ ;)

Comment by Allyson – March 8, 2011 09:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It has to be someone with fertility issue which is the reason it is a shock. So Meredith (Grey’s) or Addison (PP).

Comment by Courtney – March 8, 2011 09:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • My first thought was Addison!

Comment by Stephanie – March 8, 2011 02:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Mrs. Grissom?

Comment by nook – March 8, 2011 09:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Long distance sex?

Comment by Mcat – March 8, 2011 09:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That was my first thought too! It would certainly be a surprise, since the original CSI has no babies at all. Sara and Grissom can’t exactly be trying to have a baby if they only see each other occasionally, and they’re not that young anymore, so I’m pretty sure it would be a shock. Plus, no one would question if Grissom is indeed the father. I’m not pro-GSR (or against it, for that matter), but I’d like to see a season finale like this. It would be a change of scenario.

Comment by Juliana – March 8, 2011 02:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I hope NOT. Frankly, that would make the GSR storyline too soap-opera-ish which I doubt is Billy Petersen’s cup of tea.

Comment by ginnee – March 15, 2011 05:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • At first, I was a bit skeptical about Grissom and Sara having a baby too – I mean, they’re not that young, right? Grissom is, what, 55? Anyway, but if we look closely that would be, like, the next step. When CSI began, no one thought they’d get together. When they got together, no one thought they would get married. And both Grissom and Sara have a huge amount of fans – CSI won’t ever please everyone, but it’s not like the writers haven’t surprised us. And while some people hate GSR, I can assure you that most people absolutely love it.

Comment by madeline – March 16, 2011 06:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • CUDDY…

Comment by AmandaGuimma – March 8, 2011 09:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Cuddy?

Comment by diana – March 8, 2011 09:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Prentiss is coming back to Criminal Minds’ season finale carrying Hotch’s baby?
      Now THIS would be a shock!!! And I would LOVE IT!!!

Comment by diana – March 8, 2011 09:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please not Chuck. That’s all I ask. I don’t want Chuck and Sarah to have kids. The show needs to pull back from their relationship and focus back on the fun, spy plots.

Would be interesting if it was Dean and Lisa in Supernatural. Complicated, but interesting.

Comment by Vanessa – March 8, 2011 09:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I mean, not Sarah on Chuck. It would be a hell of a shock if Chuck got pregnant.

Comment by Vanessa – March 8, 2011 09:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I thought of Dean & Lisa too, but Lisa was just shown as definitely not pregnant and Dean’s been away for awhile. It would be interesting.

Comment by Kristine – March 8, 2011 03:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Darn! Now I really want it to be Lisa and Dean, if only for the inherent drama involved. And it would be a HUGE surprise for everyone.

Comment by Captain T – March 8, 2011 06:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • In March 15th’s Ask Ausiello, it was said that Lisa and Ben will be back and the story will be explored heavily. Maybe a one night stand will occur? Then there’s the part where Jensen was quoted as saying “I think there’s a part of [Dean] that was left with them [Lisa and Ben].” Take that literally if you want to. And Jim Beaver tweeted that the season finale is going to blow minds and that he “didn’t see this coming.”

Of course, Dean and Lisa aren’t trying for a baby and the other reason it’d come as a huge shock would be because Supernatural doesn’t exactly *do* pregnancies. It’d be really interesting (and maybe funny, looking back on the Two and a Half Men episode) to see how Dean would cope with the idea of being a dad (whether he’s a part of the kid’s life or not). I’m not totally for it, but I like the idea.

Holy crap, my hands are shaking. I’m on a spoiler high. Teeheehee.

Comment by Emma French – March 21, 2011 08:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I want to say Cristina and Owen from Grey’s Anatomy. That’s who initially came to mind. That would be great, but weird, and there are a lot of babies about on Grey’s at the moment. :)

Comment by Becky – March 8, 2011 09:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • a lot of babies. you do know there is only 1 right?
      plus baylie’s kid but hes like 2..

Comment by lolo – March 22, 2011 03:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My guess is : BROOKE in One Tree Hill. They’re trying to adopt, not “exactly trying” to have a baby as Ausiello says. And I read somewhere she was even going to have twins. But Ausiello hates the show so ^^

Comment by Johanne – March 8, 2011 09:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That was my first thought too. But then again, they might not get another season for a finale cliffhanger wouldn’t be very nice. The whole Valentines Day episode I was thinking, “Really? They’re going to adopt AND she’s going to be pregnant too?”

Comment by Erin – March 8, 2011 10:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Of course, if it is Cuddy, it could be kind of fun seeing how House manages to make it all about him.

Comment by Cantare – March 8, 2011 09:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Totally thinking Booth and Bones … how awesome would that be

Comment by Heather – March 8, 2011 09:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Christina and Owen from Grey’s Anatomy….
    They are not trying and it may mess with Merideth’s head a bit since her and Derek are trying..

Comment by LisaM – March 8, 2011 09:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post