Exclusive

Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Fringe, House, Grey's Anatomy, True Blood, Glee and More!

Got a scoop request? An anonymous tip you’re dying to share? Just want to say hi? Send any/all of the above to askausiello@tvline.com

Question: Any truth to rumors about a wedding on Grey’s Anatomy? —Nic
Ausiello:
That depends. Are you referring to the Callie/Arizona nuptial buzz, or the rumor about Der/Mer finally getting that pesky Post-It note blessed by a priest? I believe the first one to be true; not sure about the second.

Question: Any more scoop on the Grey’s Anatomy musical episode? —April
Ausiello:
It isn’t just the veterans who are doing the singing. Seattle Grace rookie Eli (Rescue Me‘s Daniel Sunjata) gets in on the action, too. “I sing as a chorus member in ‘How to Save a Life,’ and then I have a small part in ‘Running on Sunshine,’” Sunjata told us this weekend at the Bohemian Dream soiree benefitting the Young Storytellers Foundation. “Most of the singing, as it should be, is weighted toward Sara Ramirez, who has vocal cords that have been touched by God. For me, singing was a bit out of my comfort zone. It was an interesting challenge. I hope I don’t fail publicly doing it.” Sunjata also shared that Eli’s mostly-physical relationship with Bailey will become “a bit more substantive and meaningful” in the coming weeks. And beyond that? “My [involvement] is kind of open-ended,” Sunjata said of his arrangement with Grey’s. “I may be on until the season finale and possibly next season from what I’m hearing, but it hasn’t been hammered out yet.”

Question: Any Parks and Recreation scoop? —Laura
Ausiello:
I have it on good authority that those attending the show’s panel at PaleyFest Wednesday night will be treated to a screening of the March 17 episode, “Harvest Festival.” I also have it on good authority that there will be some major spoilerage dropped during the Q&A because, duh, I’ll be the one grilling the cast and producers. Speaking of which, if you’ve got a burning Q for Amy Poehler and her fellow Pawneeians, send ‘em to askausiello@tvline.com

Question: Before I have my knee surgery, I need some Glee spoilers. I’ll take anything. —Shannon
Ausiello:
Look for some romantic shakeups in the adult world, specifically involving Will. Hint: There’s a reason Gwyneth Paltrow’s Holly Holiday is back for more than one episode. And despite speculation, it doesn’t involve Cheyenne Jackson’s returning Vocal Adrenaline coach, Dustin Goolsby (although he does make a play for her.)

Question: Pretty please, can I get some No Ordinary Family scoop? —Stephanie
Ausiello:
A series regular will perish in the show’s season finale.

Question: Any CSI: NY spoilers? —Jackie
Ausiello:
The memory of Cold Case will live on in a May episode of NY that finds Mac (Gary Sinise) delving back into a nine-year-old double-murder investigation.

Question: Anything else you can share about Bree’s new boyfriend on Desperate Housewives — like maybe why his profession will cause problems for a fellow Wisterian? —Jon
Ausiello:
He’s an experienced detective! And if your name is Paul Young, that’s the last person you want hanging around the neighborhood. The newbie — who has not yet been cast — is also much more age-appropriate for Bree: He’s about a decade older than former flame Keith (Brian Austin Green). Got casting tips? Hit the comments!

Question: Three weeks and no Fringe spoilers. I call that a massive failure on your part. You better make up for that with something big. —Duncan
Ausiello:
No pressure though, right? Let’s see…. My gut is telling me that Episode 18, titled “Bloodline,” will be set Over There because it marks the return of both Andre Royo and Amy Madigan as Olivia’s alterna-sidekick and mother, respectively. Don’t keep me in suspense — how’d I do?!

Question: Seriously, where is the Fringe scoop lately? —Jeff
Ausiello:
Ugh, not you too. Sorry, I’ve got nothing else… THIS JUST IN: Sources confirm to me exclusively that Kevin Corrigan is set to reprise his role as Olivia’s bowling alley counselor/confidante Sam Weiss in Episodes 20 and 21!

Question: Anything on what is coming up for Alicia on The Good Wife? —Marissa
Ausiello:
She’s going to make Eli a very happy man later this season when she makes a surprising contribution to Peter’s campaign.

Question: Depressed Huddy fan here in need of some positive House scoop. —Ellen
Ausiello:
This should turn that frown upside down: Series creator David Shore confirms that later this season “there is an episode in which there is a wedding,” adding with a laugh, “I can almost guarantee it’s not what you’re expecting.” Hmm… I’m beginning to think this might involve Thirteen.

Exclusive Post Mortem: Why’d House Break Up Huddy?

Question: Any news about those House renewal talks? —Sasha
Ausiello:
Talks are ongoing, but Shore insists “it’s going to happen. Don’t worry about it.”

Question: I love Parenthood, just wondering if you know if it will be picked up for a third season. —Stephanie
Ausiello:
Per TVLine’s Renewal Scorecard, it’s holding steady at a “safe bet.” My suggestion: Vote ’til your fingers fall off when the show takes on The Defenders next week in TVLine’s “Renew Our Show” Bracket Tournament. These are uncertain times, and you don’t want to leave anything to chance. On the scoop front, it looks like the show’s season finale will serve as a “coming out” party of sorts for Sarah the Dramatist. The play she wrote (under the direction of Mr. Richard Dreyfuss) has its opening night. The twist? The entire Braverman clan is in it! Turns out the characters are not so loosely based on her crazy-ass kin.

Question: My favorite character on 90210 right now is Naomi’s geek crush, Max — do you know if he’ll be back next season? —Lily
Ausiello:
Given what goes down in the finale between the unlikely lovebirds I’d say there’s a very good chance we’ll be seeing a lot of Max in Season 4.

Question: Any word on a renewal for Chuck yet? I hope to God that it comes back next season! —Archana
Ausiello:
Per TVLine’s Renewal Scorecard, it’s holding steady at “Could go either way” — an assessment recently confirmed by an NBC insider. On the scoop front, General Hospital‘s Lisa LoCicero has been cast as Daphne Peralta, the titular, Jersey-bred adversary in this season’s 21st episode, “Chuck vs. the Wedding Planner.” (And though I say “adversary,” no, she is not from the spy realm.)

Question: I’d like any scoopage you have on The Walking Dead. —Ruth
Ausiello:
When the gang stumbles on Hershel’s Farm in the early part of Season 2 they’ll encounter “a lot of new characters,” reveals exec producer Robert Kirkman, noting the new blood is necessary to “replenish the ranks” as the body count climbs. And from the sounds of things, it will climb. Kirkman says the sense if danger will be heightened dramatically when the AMC drama returns. “In the first season, there was a lot of hubbub in Atlanta and then there was a lot of downtime at the farm. We’re definitely going to have quiet moments and everything, but being on the road in a world like this and in that traveling caravan, running out of food, having to stop to get supplies despite being in a dangerous area, there’s going to be some really high drama [and] intense stuff.”

Question: Any scoop about Lady Heather’s imminent return to CSI? —Jennifer
Ausiello:
That’s Dr. Kessler to you now. Turns out LH has officially traded in her whips and chains for a PhD in psychology.

Question: I’m looking forward to Abed’s Pulp Fiction-themed birthday party on Community. Can you share any other details about the episode? —Laurie
Ausiello:
The bash is held at a diner — a very special diner. All together now: “What’s so special about the diner, Ausiello?” Oh, you know, not much… except that Britta works there as a server! Who knew?!

Question: Any plans for Connor Paolo to become a series regular on Gossip Girl? I love the character of Eric but it’s frustrating when he vanishes for long stretches. —Justin
Ausiello:
Paolo himself doesn’t seem to mind it. “I’m very happy with my position on the show and I have no interest in changing it,” says the actor, who was offered the chance to become a series regular back in Season 2 but respectfully declined. “Watching Blake [Lively] and Penn [Badgely] and the things they have to deal with as [a full-time cast members]… because they are on the posters and they are the face of the show, is not something I’m totally ready for right now.”

Question: True Blood. Alcide. Go. —Josh
Ausiello:
Season 4 is “about him dealing with power,” Joe Manganiello shared at PaleyFest over the weekend. “Him dealing with that beast inside of him. The more he lets it out, the more difficult it is to control. You’re going to see him wrestle with that a little more. You also see him wrestle with his feelings for Sookie.” Bonus Manganiello: I hear the in-demand thesp was recently approached about reprising his role as Marshall’s buddy Brad on How I Met Your Mother. Sadly, it doesn’t look like it’ll work out.

Question: What can you tell us about the fourth season of True Blood? —Nanni
Ausiello:
I can tell you that a male character has a sex dream involving Jessica and Hoyt but — major twist alert! — “not at the same time,” reveals Hoyt’s portrayer, Jim Parrack.

Question: Can you give me any scoop on True Blood — specifically about Sookie and Eric? —Arden
Ausiello:
We grilled Alan Ball about those two at PaleyFest and this was his intriguing response: “Sookie’s got romantic entanglements with a lot of different people. It’s not just Bill and Eric. It’s Alcide now, as well. And I don’t think Sam’s ever completely given up on her either. She is definitely going to grow closer to one individual in particular… [and] I think people who read the books will not be surprised.” Wait a second, no one said this job would require me to read.

Question: I am addicted to Castle!  Please, please, please tell me that Josh will be gone by season’s end.  And any really good spoilers leading up to the season finale? —Laura
Ausiello:
Poor Victor Webster.  Sorry to disappoint you, but I don’t believe we have seen the last of Josh. In other Castle news, I hear a dangerous character from the past will reappear in the season finale. And that can’t be good.

That’s a wrap! Please send questions, comments, and anonymous tips to askausiello@tvline.com. Also, you can keep track of my scoops on Twitter via @MichaelAusiello. Thanks for playing! (Additional reporting by Matt Webb Mitovich, Megan Masters and Vlada Gelman)

1. effuall says:

David Shore should just ZIP IT AND STFU!!!

2. lory says:

no clois scoop :(

• Dee says:

Jesus. The series is ending, they are together. Do you really need scoop?!!?

• mattblows says:

have you seen the raitings since there has been no clois news you really don’t think they will shut the show down before it is over watch heck they can just give the dang suit to chole and her have a night flight with lex cause lets face it they are the only ones who matter in smallville not clark and lois.

3. Alyson says:

13 is getting married? Jesus Christ.

• Cheery says:

Probably not. Though it could be Masters and that might explain her departure. Though, um, who would she marry.

• J says:

I think it will be Cuddy’s mom. Why else would she return now that Huddy is over? She can marry the man she had been having an affair with for 5 years. Maybe she pretends to still be with House at the wedding because she doesn’t want to deal with her mother.

• Ange says:

Anybody who doesn’t work with House so she could get far, far away from that abusive boss.

• Janine says:

I think it will be Cuddy’s mom. People originoally though episode 19/20 revolved around a Huddy wedding because she returns in this episode. Since that will obviously not happen, I think it will be Arlene marrying that man she had been having an affair with. Its the only thing the explains her return. That could be potentially funny.

4. Brooklyn says:

Well, Shore, you have my attention. Make it good.

• Alicia says:

I wish he’d say they aren’t going back to business as usual. Now that House and Cuddy are broken up House should go into therapy. If House had been serious about staying sober he would have continued his sessions with Dr. Nolan. It’d be great if we got some “In Treatment”-type episodes with House and a psychiatrist, so we can explore the root of his problems.

• majamababe says:

Since House has had a relapse, would like to see them bring back Dr. Nolan. Really like the interaction between the two.

5. Rhylee says:

Thanks For the CSI:NY scoop. Sounds interesting

6. klois says:

13 is getting married? Jesus Christ.

7. Bee says:

so ready and so excited about the grey’s musical episode. sara ramirez is going to sound amazing for sure.

• carly says:

agrrreeeeed!
      I can’t wait for this episode !
      & I love sara ramirez, she’s definitely going to sound so good! she’s such a good singer!

8. jaded says:

Maybe Cuddy and Lucas will finally get married.. Or some other pairing nobody gives a crap about!

• Hannah says:

That’s what I think. Cuddy and Lucas or Cuddy and some random guy who they surprise us with like they did with her dating Lucas.

9. David says:

Yay, Fringe!
    Could care less about House and 13 getting married (WTF?). They killed the show last night.

10. xav says:

Callie and Arizona getting married? Ugh, what a nightmare. Hopefully it’s nothing like the sides that have come out because it reads like horrible, horrible fanfiction. And nothing like “getting married” when your country doesn’t even allow it.

• Kris says:

Not true, several states in the USA recognize gay marriage…just not in Seattle where the show takes place.

11. rld says:

How do we vote????

12. Athena says:

Go away, Josh. Go away.
    Thanks for the Castle scoop.

13. mimimoon says:

Nothing on BONES again this week? There must be something really big happening… or nothing at all!

14. Sally says:

Now that’s more like it Ausiello! Last weeks AA tanked, but no worries cuz the scoop this week definately made up for it! =D (some BONES scoop would be great though) You’re the best!

15. ashley says:

I feel like the only Castle fan not rooting for romantic “Caskett” and would be happy to see Victor stay around and have more screentime.

• Elizabeth says:

You’re not the only one! I enjoy him very much, just like I loved Michael Trucco. (Webster’s also supposed to be guesting on “NCIS:LA” later this season, too.)

• ally says:

totally agree! I really don’t want Castle an Beckett together. I see them more in a brother/sister relationship than a romantic one. They’ve got this competitive thing between them that’s fun to watch.

• Elicia says:

Sorry to break it to you but A. Marlowe has already confirmed that they would become an item. It’s just a question of when…

• Gossipgirl says:

wow..u really r d 1st 1 to say dat actually….brother n sister….arnt booth /brennan more inclined in dat category

16. Nerwen Aldarion says:

Does that mean 3XK will make a reappearance this season after all?

17. melokesm says:

Nice 90210 scoop! I love Max!!

18. Michelle says:

Is same sex marriage even legal in Washington? Or are Callie and Arizona hopping across the border? I mean seriously. However, if Mer and Der abandon that stupid post-it for an actual marriage license, color me a happy camper. Sadly, the state of Washington does NOT recognize post-its as legally binding.

• Stephanie says:

You can have a wedding and be married even if it’s not legally recognized. People do it all the time. As for Mer/Der, I’m so hoping that we find out randomly they made it official forever and a day ago and just didn’t think it was important to tell anyone. That would make me laugh. : P

• Michelle says:

I would laugh too if that were the case. I know it’s not that big a deal, but knowing Shonda’s penchant for putting people in mortal peril…Medical decisions can only be made by next of kin. If a marriage is legal then we don’t have a problem. That why Alex could overturn Izzie’s DNR. He was her husband, legally. Derek and Meredith don’t have that. And neither would Callie and Arizona. Not that Shonda actually worries about things like that. This is the same woman who let Izzie back in the hospital after she STOLE a heart.

• Stacie says:

There is that element. But they also tend to only have medical cases that really happen. They never do something if it didn’t happen in real life. Like the Alzheimer’s trial the are doing now. As much as we want Derek to cure the disease, because it doesn’t happen in real life he won’t be able to. All medical cases are from real life events or situations.
          So if Callie and Arizona get married I don’t think that they will make believe. I think the will address the situation directly. They will ensure they have all the civil union rights and they will have the wedding, and maybe even Arizona will be adopt the baby to legally make her/him hers. The Izzie thing was ridiculous but Greys tends to stick with reality in the context of real life situations.

19. Leslie Lu says:

I both love and hate Victor Webster right now. I’ve resigned myself to enjoying his hotness until Beckett comes to her senses.

20. tyler says:

something big is about to happen on fringe if sam is returning for two episodes at the end of the season! pumped!

21. Jasin says:

So does that mean Cheyenne Jackson’s Dustin Goolsby not start dating Jessalyn Gilsig’s Terri? What are they doing with her character???

22. Juliana says:

13 is getting married? Jesus Christ, indeed.

Grey’s was a better series when Meredith and Derek were the only “married” couple around.

23. Crystal says:

About the House/Cuddy question: People, I think he is throwing some hardcore sarcasm there.

24. Emily says:

Do you have any idea who will purpose to who when it comes to Grey’s Anatomy’s Callie and Arizona and when it will happen?

25. AlistairCrane says:

I thought Glee was gonna hook up Cheyenne Jackson’s character with Terri. Dammit!

26. Becca says:

Any scoop about Clark wearing the Superman suit(for longer than 30 secs PLEASE)?

27. Mary says:

I wonder if Alicia’s contribution to Peter’s campaign on The Good Wife is related to the pregnancy Blind Item posted today. What other big contribution could she make?

• Simon says:

Totally agree! I was thinking the exact same thing! Ausiello loves to spread clues around like that. Blind item solved!

28. RP says:

Ahhh such good Community scoop, thank you Ausiello! AND Parks and Rec too, be still my heart. : )

29. Graciela says:

CSI Lady Heather presence was interesting for explosive chemistry with Grissom. Not being Billy to play scenes with Melinda is not the same. They do not know which tricks used to bring viewers back.

30. Amy says:

Ugh. Lady Heather is the biggest tool in the HISTORY of TV. I hope Sara shows her whose the HBIC. Oh, and that she and Grissom are happily married. JUST to shove it in her face. :)

31. Trew says:

As much as I generally love Callie and Arizona on Grey’s Anatomy (except the stupid baby story line this year), marrying them off right now just adds to the already stupid story line they’re in. Nothing like a good trauma to induce marriage on Grey’s. What the heck happened to this show?

32. Liz says:

I feel like the only Grey’s fan that doesn’t like Calzona, mainly because I don’t like Arizona. She gets on my nerves and I felt the show was much better when the actress was on maternity leave. I didn’t miss her at all.

• Ange says:

I think Arizona is the most self-centered, immature person on GA. And given how self-centered and immature the other characters are, that’s saying a lot.

I wish JC’s maternity leave had been longer. A lot long.

• Matty says:

I agree with the legitimate
        TV critics who disagree with you
        She is the least neurotic
        character on the show and a
        breath of fresh air on GA.

33. Allie says:

I actually like Josh on Castle and let’s face folks, there’s not going to be any kind of actual Castle romance happening until the last season. Writers are under orders to string it along as long as possible until the show is on its last legs. (Look how long those fool Bones fans have been strung along! ) So since there isn’t going to be any beckett/castle action for at least another 3-4 years, beckett might as well get laid by a hot guy with the occasional castle and beckett looking all mooney at each other. It’s a formula for a reason.

34. Alicia says:

Washington has domestic partnership, but that in my opinion is beside the point because I don’t think they are ready to get married because in my mind the Africa thing is to fresh in their minds. As for the House spoilers by guess is she is a bridesmaid in the wedding that is suppose to air on that show.

35. Sally says:

“I can almost guarantee it’s not what you’re expecting.”

As long as it’s NOT a Huddy wedding, I’m fine with it. Don’t ruin the Huddy break-up, David Shore, it was perfect! I like the idea of Cuddy and Lucas getting married, get Cuddy as far away from House as possible, she’s just destroying the poor guy.

36. Géraldine BRAEME says:

Well, as much as expected an official union for Callie and Arizona (I mean the domestic partnership), as much I think it is too early, especially after the accident which wil lead Callie in an OR’s table!
    Plus, I notice 2 things 1) there is no spoilers released about the episode just after (7×19) and 2)Michael keeps saying nothing about the baby’s fate… So, we still don’t know if Callie/Mark’s baby will survive…
    For me, I’d like the “threesome & one coffin” stops quickly now because it is surely the worst one we ever watched in Grey’s!

As for Meredith/Derek, the post’it mariage dear to Shonda keeps living until maybe a true & beautiful wedding in season 8 and why not with 1/2 children adopted, natural)..

37. DEXTER says:

DEXTER SCOOP PLEASE!

DEXTER SCOOP PLEASE!

DEXTER SCOOP PLEASE!

38. dee123 says:

I think what happened to Anya in the final episode of Buffy will happen to either Tess or Chloe.

39. Christine says:

I’m getting tired of all the Huddy fans’ “boycott”. Guys, this show is not all about Huddy.

40. Duncan Houst says:

Well done. I assumed that Madigan and Royo would crop up again somewhere down the road, although I worry that Henry will be facing some bad times for helping our Olivia.

• A. Bet says:

Gotta wonder if Bolivia and Henry meet. With the fact that the preview on my cable says ‘Life in the alternate universe gets difficult for Olivia’, and the fact that Andre Royo’s comin’ back, well…I think the Fringe producers pretty much set a few of those scenes up. It would be nice to see Henry’s reaction to Bolivia…maybe, just maybe, he’ll think that she’s our Olivia. That would be very interesting.

41. Paty says:

Cuddy and Wilson will get married and House will lose at the same time his best friend and his love.

42. Rodolf says:

Wilson and Cuddy my bet! I don’t know how, why but they have what they THINK they need together, until notice that they DON’T.
    And House, one more time, will suffer and feel betrayed. And, maybe, one day, he’ll wake up and notice that it was a dream.

43. Aloysio says:

Cuddy and Wilson will get married (They will help each other with their own need).
    13 is pregnant from House and she came back to tell him and die.

44. Richard says:

I don’t care much about Huddy, Hilson, Hameron… I just want a good storyline and I don’t think House needs to go back to stage 1 for it. And I sincerelly don’t want Lucas or Wilson marrying Cuddy, this is too much for me, I need other kind of story.

45. Aline says:

I prefer House get married with 13 because they’re drunk, they’re screwed up people, they’re high than Cuddy and Wilson because they’re needed people.

46. Pitty says:

Now, after this last episode that screwed the storyline, I want some crazy stuff from House, not from Cuddy, Wilson, etc. From House. I want he get married!!! Sober, drunk, high, don’t matter, I want House spoil everything!

Obs. Sorry about my English.

47. Paty says:

AUSIELLO: House and 13??????

48. Xana says:

House and 13?????? I don’t think so. Wilson and Cuddy???? I don’t think so too. But who knows? Now I don’t know anything, everything is possible. Taub and Foreman? Possible!

49. Aloysio says:

Do you remember that photo on the bed? The promo pic? Everybody on the bed? So… House with Cuddy with Wilson with House with 13 with Taub with Foreman. Remember how Wilson was looking at House and Cuddy and 13′s hand on Cuddy… So… For me: WILSON/CUDDY – HOUSE/13 (or HOUSE/WILSON – CUDDY/13) hahaha

50. Paty says:

it’s not coincidence House and Cuddy break up when 13 will come back! Think about… And good point, the promo pic on the bed.

Wilson will try to take care of Cuddy…… :(