The TVLine-Up: TV Worth Watching This Week

As a supplement to the awesome feature stories and scoops TVLine has coming your way this week, here are 23 shows you might want to keep on your radar.

8/7c |
House (Fox) | Not that anyone who’s been paying attention needs another reminder to tune in for this “unique” outing. But I just finished the episode and the final scenes are made of wow.
8:30 pm | Mad Love (CBS) | Not-really-a-crossover alert! Brittany Snow (Harry’s Law) guests as Sarah Chalke’s sister.
9 pm | The Chicago Code (Fox) | Irony alert! Teresa and Jarek need Gibbons’ help with an investigation.
9 pm | Greek (ABC Family) | Get a taste of what the future holds for your fave Cyprus Rhoders in this series finale.
10 pm | Harry’s Law (NBC) | “Eugene” stopped by David E. Kelley’s latest legal dramedy a few weeks ago; now it’s time for “Eleanor” to visit, when Camryn Manheim plays a prosecutor. (What’s the over/under on the number of earrings in her right lobe?)
10 pm | Stargate Universe (Syfy) | It’s the beginning of the end with the first of the series’ final 10 episodes.

8/7c | Glee (Fox) | There’s a reason that Gwyneth Paltrow’s first turn as Holly Holiday is forever saved onto my DVR. Let’s see if lightning strikes twice.
10 pm | Southland (TNT) | Ben’s graduation, John’s pill problem, a career-changing decision for Sammy, and more conflicts for Lydia and Josie all play into the Season 3 finale. Oh, and some very good news: a fourth season looks likely.
10 pm | White Collar (USA Network) | As this cable series wraps up its sophomore run, we are told that Neal will uncover “the answer to one of history’s greatest mysteries.” If it involves “The Last Supper” and Tom Hanks with bad hair… been there, done that.
10 pm | Detroit 1-8-7 (ABC) | Quick, watch it before Charlie Sheen says something else crazy and books a new media tour!

9:30/8:30c | Mr. Sunshine (ABC) | Allison Janney’s Crystal goes ice skating with a [cough] Smurf. I must tread lightly here.
10 pm | Justified (FX) | Boyd’s pledge to keep clean craters this week as he plots out a heist, which is just as well — crazy hair doesn’t go well with “straight and narrow.”

8/7c | The Big Bang Theory (CBS) | Priya asks Leonard to stop spending so much time with Penny. Oh fine, Len, twist my arm — I’ll take Kaley off your hands for ya.
8:55 pm | American Idol (Fox; in progress) | The first finalist is sent packing: cue David Cook’s cover of “Don’t You Forget About Me.”
9 pm | Bones (Fox) | Pick a reason to tune in: sniper Jacob Broadsky strikes again, or ZZ Top guitarist Billy F. Gibbons guest-stars as mom-to-be Angela’s father.
10 pm | Fairly Legal (USA Network) | Kate resolves to retrieve information from David Smith (Richard Dean Anderson) — namely, why in some 13 years he has yet to visit his General Hospital daughter once.

9/8c |
CSI: NY (CBS) | A student is murdered at an elite Manhattan prep school. My money’s on Jenny Humphrey; I mean, have you seen the way that girl dresses? Trouble.
9 pm | Fringe (Fox) | There’s a band of thieves out there who are defying gravity. (You’re welcome for that earworm.)

11:30 pm | Saturday Night Live (NBC) | Zach Galifianakis returns as host. I shudder to think what he shaves this time around.

9/8c | Big Love (HBO) | Men, grab your wife and watch this show about polygamy…
9 pm | Sister Wives (TLC) | …or grab your other wife and watch this reality series’ Season 2 premiere.
10 pm | Shameless (Showtime) | The kids’ mom is back, and she’s brought a bucketload of crazy with her. As Emmy Rossum (Fiona) put it, “You have to ask: What sort of woman would marry a man like Frank anyway? This obviously isn’t a sane person.”
10 pm | CSI: Miami (CBS) | Adam “Delko” Rodriguez wrote and directed this episode, in which a secret hunting club specializes in human prey.

Which of the above is must-see TV for you? And by all means, hit Comments to politely offer tune-in recommendations of your own!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

1. Liz says:

I’ll rather watch some rerun than a grotesque Cuddy/Huddy musical. No thanks. Once Huddy MD turned back into the smart, brilliant House MD it used too be, I’ll join your enthusiasm ;-)

2. Cheery says:

3. Dominique says:

Stargate Universe! God I can’t believe it got cancelled, it’s such a good show and the writing just kept getting better and better. I really hope they’ll be able to make some sort of movie to give the series a proper ending.

4. Regann says:

Re:RDA, I know right? I mean, I get that he spent 8 years saving the planet from evil aliens, but he’s been retired from that for awhile. Liz and his grandkids are waiting for a visit from Grandpa Webber!

5. ccs says:

H O U S E ! That´s all.

6. Mandy P. says:

Crazy hair doesn’t go well with “straight and narrow.” – That made me laugh out loud. I’m glad to know Boyd’s getting some spring back in his step. Justified is such a great show.

7. Cortexifan says:

Fringe, Fringe, Fringe, and oh Fringe.

8. Sofia says:

Bones & FRINGE!

9. diana says:

I wanna see Criminal Minds 6×18 “Lauren” in next week’s list!

10. Jen says:

Can’t wait for the House episode tonight! I’m so excited!

11. karo says:

-“But I just finished the episode and the final scenes are made of wow.”-

`Come on get Happy`…lalala…a House proposal made of WOW,Surprise!!
    While all Huddys all over the internet will Squeeing and do the Happy dance, you will probably see how the other big part of the fandom throw in the towel. Well done Producers :(

• Kelly says:

Sorry Karo, House keeps winning the demographic. The show has never been better. Hope you find something else to watch.

• karo says:

I didn`t mention with one single word the ratings. I`m talking about the fandom. Meh,I have no idea what the general audience like and i never claimed to know. Allright!!

• me says:

The House fandom is pretty much dead because of stupid Huddy. The only people left in the fandom are basically all Huddies :(

• Kelly says:

So then they are 10-11millon Huddies tuning in each week? Wow, that’s amazing… then I guess according to you the Huddy fanbase is bigger then Hilsons, Hamerons and other viewers combined.

• me says:

@kelly: I said the fandom, not all of the viewers that tune in every week
            People in fandom =/= Casual viewers

• ffn says:

The show has never been better.

I really hope you’re kidding

• Kelly says:

Not kidding. I love the show and have loved it for the past going on 7years. However, this year is one of my favorites and IMO the show has never been better. Finally some growth for House that takes him out of the pathetic emo status he was dangerously close to sinking into forever.

12. echo says:

Yay, Southland! This show is stunning every week and I’m glad to read that a fourth season is likely. (That’s right, I said 4th; what’s airing right now is considered by most to be the 3rd season.) People, watch this show — it’s excellent!

And don’t forget to watch Fringe. Fringe is in dire need of a fourth season as well!

13. AP says:

It’s actually Southland’s third season right now. So it should be “a fourth season looks likely.”

14. Delirious says:

Besides the “duh” ones (Bones, House, Idol)… Fringe and Glee all the way.

15. Jayne says:

Thanks for the CSI:NY love! I’m very excited for this week’s episode!!

16. Hey now says:

No The Event or V on the list this week? Boooo.

17. Nicole says:

Ugh, I’m putting off tonight’s Greek finale because I don’t want to end my Monday with the sads. Gonna save it on the dvr for the weekend. I don’t want to see it end, but I’m consoling myself with the fact that Scott Michael Foster will be showing up on Parenthood soon.

18. yoli says:

19. Sourabh says:

I would watch them all.

20. jean10brook says:

Can’t wait to see CSI Miami this week. Not only is this Adam Rodriguez’ writing and directing debut, in this episode he is also is welcoming back his leading lady – Emily Procter. She is back from maternity leave and for the first time in weeks, we finally get to see Eric and Calleigh working together again. Episode looks really interesting with on the edge of your seat action. Really looking forward to it!

21. Cass says:

As for HARRY’S LAW and FAIRLY LEGAL: I can’t watch these if they don’t freakin’ post them online past episode 5 and 2 (respectively)! But I like them.

22. Chmarin says:

SOUTHLAND!!! I so didn’t want Tuesday to come because I knew I might be watching the series finale of the show, but now reports are coming in that TNT is about to renew the show. SO happy!

23. mike says:

southLAnd is the best cop tv show

24. Derek64 says:

Bones is back, wahey! I can’t wait!

25. Ashley Morgan says:

I will definately be watching House, I am a huge Huddy fan, so I can’t wait for tonights episode!! Also glee and the big bang theory look good too!!!

26. Cosima says:

Fantastic news about Southland! Now if only everyone would start watching Detroit 187. It is a great show. I hope ABC gives it a chance.

27. Carol says:

“House” continues to be the only must-watch TV of the week for my family. I am super excited for tonight’s “Bombshells” episode. It sounds terrific.

28. David says:

I know the ratings aren’t at the top of the pile, and it’s probably expensive especially for cable, but can we get a 13 episode season of Southland? I mean, if you look at a typical 22 episode season on broadcast tv, we would barely be out of the first season. It’s too good of a show to not come back until late in the year!

29. Colleen says:

I continue to be unhappy with the House/Cuddy storyline on House. I truly hate the way the show has turned into a soap opera over the last few years. (And I LIKE soaps!) And no, I didn’t want House with Cameron, or Wilson, or anything else. I just want the structure of the show to go back to being what it was in the first 3 seasons, and not be about melodramatic relationship issues. I still watch because Hugh Laurie is amazing.

In better news, HOORAY for Southland possibly getting renewed!! Oh, I hope this happens. The show is very good. Oh, please, please let this happen.

And at the opposite end of the spectrum, I am looking forward to the White Collar finale. Hope it is fun.

30. Alyson says:

‘House’. I have been anxiously waiting for this episode for over 3 months now. I hope it lives up to the hype.

31. Juliab. says:

Thanks for mentioning CSI/NY. This week’s episode looks great.

32. Caro says:

OF COURSE I watch ‘White Collar’ – one of the best shows on tv!! The writers did an amazing job with the main characters and the storyline. Nothing but praise for the creators here, I absolutely love everything on this incredibly good show! I’m looking forward to the show coming back in June!

‘Fairly Legal’ is also one of the shows I’m currently following. I love Justin’s and Kate’s chemistry. I really hope they can work out their issues. And I hope Kate will grow up. She handles mediation cases well because she has a gift for it, but as a person she really needs to learn she can’t fix everything with a funny quote or her charm. I hope her eyes will be opened to what a great guy Justin is and that she can lose him, so she will be forced to take a hard look at herself and work on her relationship with Justin. Teddy and Leo are also interesting characters are interesting and I hope they will develop their storylines more.