Exclusive

Matt's Inside Line: Scoop on Smallville, V, Bones, CSI: Miami and More!

Being the start of the week and all, Mondays tend to suck. Let’s see if I can make yours a bit better with a flurry of scoops, teases and sound bites from some of TV’s hottest shows and stars.

Chlosure Is Coming | Fans of Smallville‘s Chloe were a bit disappointed to see their girl quietly exit stage left at the end of the February 25 episode, to work (off-camera!) at the Star City Register. But since Allison Mack only signed on for five episodes this season and that was the last of ‘em, what can you do? Well, for one, you can have Mack back. Though neither The CW nor Warner Bros. TV is confirming anything about the two-hour series finale beyond its May 13 airdate and Michael Rosenbaum’s encore as Lex, a well-placed source tells me that Mack – also an original cast member – sneaked back to the set and will be a part of the grand send-off. And that, friends, is super.

Michael Rosenbaum Back for Smallville Finale: ‘I’m Doing It for the Fans’

Singer, Yes! | Although she didn’t shoot any scenes with him, V’s Morena Baccarin was as excited as any fan of the original alien invasion series to meet Marc Singer, who guest-stars in the reboot’s Season 2 finale. “He is such a great guy,” reports the actress, who made sure to snap a pic backstage with Singer and Jane Badler aka Diana (herself an alum of the 1980s V). Though Singer isn’t reprising his role of freedom fighter Mike Donovan, rest assured that his new character, Lars Tremont, is just as much a man to be reckoned with. “You don’t know which side he’s on as presented in the finale, but it’s a big deal,” Baccarin promises. Should the ABC series get a Season 3, “He’s going to be a huge threat to the Vs.” (Plus, you should see what he can do with ferrets!)

Renew Our Show’ Sweet 16 Bracket Tourney: Chuck vs. Human Target

Singer, No! | Many a Chuck viewer was pleasantly surprised to lend an ear to Zachary Levi’s pipes when he performed the nominated tune from Tangled at this year’s Oscars. Just don’t expect Agent Bartowski – mad Interesct skills or not! – to likewise break out in song. “No, I think the music on Chuck is definitely in good hands with Jeffster,” Levi tells TVLine, shrugging off the suggestion. “They’re rocking it pretty good.” As for what is coming up on the NBC action-comedy, Levi kept things very top-secret, but reiterated what he told us in January, that we’re likely heading for a wedding before the season is over — provided that Sarah and Ellie are left in charge of the planning, that is. “Chuck’s not involved in any of that, so I think it’s going pretty good,” Levi laughs.

Splash of Pellegrino | From his turns on Lost and Supernatural to now Syfy’s Being Human, Mark Pellegrino is one of those actors who, like bacon, makes everything better. His March 27 appearance on CSI: Miami promises to be no different. “It’s an interesting character for sure, and he does a great job with it,” says Adam Rodriguez (who plays Delko). “Everybody has their own laws that they live by, and the guy he plays has an odd sense of what’s right and what’s wrong”  — which is interesting, seeing as the episode revolves around the kidnapping of Natalia. Fun fact: A-Rod wrote and directed next Sunday’s Miami; check back this week for a full Q&A, including his very candid take on the Delko/Calliegh no-mance.

Bones Preview: Confession Time Is Coming!

To Tell the Booth | Before this season of Bones is over, Booth and Brennan will tackle a case that leads them to a support group for people who tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. To gain the members’ trust and pursue the investigation, Booth will have to demonstrate before them that honesty is the best policy. Will his bit of truth-telling encompass his complicated feelings for Temp? I can say this: At minimum you will learn if Seeley is partial to boxers, briefs… or, um, nothin’ at all.

If there’s a show or hot topic you’d like the Inside Line on, email mattmtvguy@gmail.com, and maybe it’ll get some love the next time around. (Additional reporting by Vlada Gelman)

1. Dee says:

YESSS!! Please let this be true! It would be wrong for Allison Mack to NOT be in the finale! Hopefully she’ll be back to help her man fight the darkness.

2. wwg23 says:

Woohoo! Mack is Back!! It isn’t Smallville without her. I look forward to plenty of Clark/Chloe scenes. Those two are amazing together – as BFFs, scooby partners and more. :)

3. Sandylane says:

Yay!!! Chloe is back!!!!

4. Sol says:

Thanks Matt.

I didn’t care much about whether Chloe would come back or not, however it makes sense that she comes back as she is the maid of honour and I don’t have a problem with that at all. I think she’s coming back for a Clark and Lois wedding as Annette O’Toole is also coming back in the first episode of the finale. But I doubt Chloe will have a big part in the finale because:
    1) Chloe’ll likely only be in part 1. Yes, they could film scenes with AM now to be added in part 2, but I don’t see them or her having a lot of time to do that since shooting schedules are tight, and adding scenes to shoot for part 2 now would take up more budget and time that they already lack. Although I think something like her looking up in the sky with other people as Superman is flying in front of the public for the first time would be easy to do, so it’s possible!
    2) The finale was written months ago, when the producers weren’t completely sure that she would come back, so it’s unlikely they would have written her character in several long scenes or as a big part of a plot outside the possible wedding in case she couldn’t come back.
    3) Chloe got her send-off, and I agree with those who said that unfortunately the episode of her send-off had a poor writing and execution, however the writers fulfilled most of her fans’ wishes by making her be basically everything. It’s highly unlikely TPTB would focus on another send-off for her in the finale, and really they shouldn’t put too much focus on a guest even if she’s been on the show for 9 1/2 seasons. The focus should be more on the regulars and more particularly Clark, and Lois.

The finale, as it will show the end one journey for Clark and the beginning of another as Superman, husband (and I would hope reporter but TPTB don’t seem to care much about that part :/) IMO should focus on Clark of course, then Clark/Lois and Lois, then Lex, and then Oliver and Tess, and finally the friends and family supporting Clark or/and with Clark clearly being the leader if there are big fights(in the case of JLA-related friends). At least I think Chloe shouldn’t get more time/focus than Martha, especially because we’ve seen Martha less than Chloe despite her being Clark’s mother, so it’d be great to see a little more of her! Anyway, as long as Clark is surrounded by the people he cares about and is happy in the finale, that’s what matters the most I think.

Sorry for this long post, I can never make things short :p

Now I hope for some news about Perry White, and the Lane members, and some JLA members. I’m probably asking too much though.

By the way Matt, any hope for some spoilers on Booster, Prophecy and Dominion in the coming weeks? There has been a spoiler drought for weeks now and we know nothing about those episodes (apart from the guests appearing)! Big thanks in advance if you can give us anything on them.

5. Sue Denim says:

Matt, thank you very much for your update on “Chlosure”. I love Allison Mack and I also like your play on words.

6. Lex says:

It’s probably appropriate she got married in that fun episode. ONce you get married your life is over.

7. Vignes says:

wow can wait for this week Q&A with Adam Rodriguez about Delko and Calleigh scoop ….miss this couple romance so much ….i wish Adam tell something good :(

8. Lev says:

Thanks for the news, Matt! I’m so glad to see Chloe back on the screen for the finale. I’m sure that the whole episode will be brilliant

9. S.D says:

Very interested in hearing Adam Rodriguez’s take on the E/C nomance,particulary since there are viewers that don’t miss it and wish it would disappear.

10. Robert says:

OMG. . . that is really good, I sure hope that Allison Mack “Chloe” comes back for the series finale. if we can get lana back then i would and could say the show has come full circle and will be done the right way with having everyone back. and i say that we need just a small part of Clark at the grave yard one last time to see the head stones of Johnathan Kent his dad and x-girlfriend Alicia Baker and most of all i really hope they point out and come back with how Clark Felt about Alicia and her death. It is one of the most upsetting and push forward moments of his life!

11. Paulette says:

To Tell the Booth sounds freakin ama-za-zing!!! definitely can’t wait for that episode of BONES! hee hee. my FAVORITE show. :)))

12. Chris says:

I am thrilled with “V”!!! I can not wait until the season finale next week. I am excited to see Marc Singer and too see Jane Badler finally get out of that dungeon. I HOPE that ABC will do “V” right and give it a lot of promotion these next few days up till Tuesday. The show has gotten so good and it really deserves another season!!!

ABC– PLEASE RENEW “V”!!!!

• ripleyaeryn says:

I agree! V deserves a third season! Jane Badler is awesome but I think she should have get out from her dungeon earlier. I want more Erica/Hobbes, Jack is so boring and Sid is so fun to watch! I hope that John May will be back in more than 1 episode and not just 10 minutes on screen, I hope Robert Englund, Michael Ironside and Frank Ashmore will be back!

ABC if you are reading this : Renew V and give the show a chance to have a proper ending, please do not make the same thing that original series fans kept as a bad memory : a show ending on a cliffhanger. Thank you!