Exclusive

Matt's Inside Line: Scoop on Smallville, V, Bones, CSI: Miami and More!

Being the start of the week and all, Mondays tend to suck. Let’s see if I can make yours a bit better with a flurry of scoops, teases and sound bites from some of TV’s hottest shows and stars.

Chlosure Is Coming | Fans of Smallville‘s Chloe were a bit disappointed to see their girl quietly exit stage left at the end of the February 25 episode, to work (off-camera!) at the Star City Register. But since Allison Mack only signed on for five episodes this season and that was the last of ‘em, what can you do? Well, for one, you can have Mack back. Though neither The CW nor Warner Bros. TV is confirming anything about the two-hour series finale beyond its May 13 airdate and Michael Rosenbaum’s encore as Lex, a well-placed source tells me that Mack – also an original cast member – sneaked back to the set and will be a part of the grand send-off. And that, friends, is super.

Michael Rosenbaum Back for Smallville Finale: ‘I’m Doing It for the Fans’

Singer, Yes! | Although she didn’t shoot any scenes with him, V’s Morena Baccarin was as excited as any fan of the original alien invasion series to meet Marc Singer, who guest-stars in the reboot’s Season 2 finale. “He is such a great guy,” reports the actress, who made sure to snap a pic backstage with Singer and Jane Badler aka Diana (herself an alum of the 1980s V). Though Singer isn’t reprising his role of freedom fighter Mike Donovan, rest assured that his new character, Lars Tremont, is just as much a man to be reckoned with. “You don’t know which side he’s on as presented in the finale, but it’s a big deal,” Baccarin promises. Should the ABC series get a Season 3, “He’s going to be a huge threat to the Vs.” (Plus, you should see what he can do with ferrets!)

Renew Our Show’ Sweet 16 Bracket Tourney: Chuck vs. Human Target

Singer, No! | Many a Chuck viewer was pleasantly surprised to lend an ear to Zachary Levi’s pipes when he performed the nominated tune from Tangled at this year’s Oscars. Just don’t expect Agent Bartowski – mad Interesct skills or not! – to likewise break out in song. “No, I think the music on Chuck is definitely in good hands with Jeffster,” Levi tells TVLine, shrugging off the suggestion. “They’re rocking it pretty good.” As for what is coming up on the NBC action-comedy, Levi kept things very top-secret, but reiterated what he told us in January, that we’re likely heading for a wedding before the season is over — provided that Sarah and Ellie are left in charge of the planning, that is. “Chuck’s not involved in any of that, so I think it’s going pretty good,” Levi laughs.

Splash of Pellegrino | From his turns on Lost and Supernatural to now Syfy’s Being Human, Mark Pellegrino is one of those actors who, like bacon, makes everything better. His March 27 appearance on CSI: Miami promises to be no different. “It’s an interesting character for sure, and he does a great job with it,” says Adam Rodriguez (who plays Delko). “Everybody has their own laws that they live by, and the guy he plays has an odd sense of what’s right and what’s wrong”  — which is interesting, seeing as the episode revolves around the kidnapping of Natalia. Fun fact: A-Rod wrote and directed next Sunday’s Miami; check back this week for a full Q&A, including his very candid take on the Delko/Calliegh no-mance.

Bones Preview: Confession Time Is Coming!

To Tell the Booth | Before this season of Bones is over, Booth and Brennan will tackle a case that leads them to a support group for people who tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. To gain the members’ trust and pursue the investigation, Booth will have to demonstrate before them that honesty is the best policy. Will his bit of truth-telling encompass his complicated feelings for Temp? I can say this: At minimum you will learn if Seeley is partial to boxers, briefs… or, um, nothin’ at all.

If there’s a show or hot topic you’d like the Inside Line on, email mattmtvguy@gmail.com, and maybe it’ll get some love the next time around. (Additional reporting by Vlada Gelman)

1. clois says:

thaks for given the middle finger to the clois fans again you aus are really class acts.

• Nerwen Aldarion says:

As a Clois fan can I just say…WHAT?!!!!

Not every spoiler of Smallville has to be about Clois, I’m happy Allison is returning because I didn’t like Chloe’s send off (the wedding thing was just plain silly) and I like the idea of the show closing all storylines.

So please don’t whine about no Clois when it is such good news as this.

• clois says:

you are not a die hard clois fan you know i could feel the way you do but for the last 3 months nothen you make it seem like we got somthing last week but no but hay look on the bright side lest we get a tess and clark kiss again.

• Nerwen Aldarion says:

Hey you are right! I’m not a diehard Clois fan! I just read clois fanfics, surf the Clois websites, post on the Clois threads on Ksite and cheer whenever something wonderful happens for them.

I guess to be a die hard fan I have to hate every other character on the show besides Clark and Lois, boo whenever Chloe is on the screen and hate any episode that doesn’t have Lois and Clark making out in the copy room.

Maybe if you actually thought what this spoiler means, you know with Chloe’s return and Annette O’Toole’s return all in the first part of the finale….that probably means a wedding between Lois and Clark which is something to be happy for.

But then again I guess I’m not a diehard Clois fan like you.

• clois says:

her return has nothen to do with the wedding at this point i don’t see a wedding.her return is all about get’n that dark spot off her man and that is it and there’s already sitings of kk up there to do scenes and plus if there was wedding we would have heard somthing by now.and they will not have two wedding in the same year.

• mgb says:

I’m also excited to have another Clark/Tess kiss. They have a lot more chemistry than boring Lois has with him (just my opinion, I know). The best finale of all would be only Clark and Lex, with lots of Superman action and special effects. That would be real pay-off for ten years of loyalty.

• Stephanie says:

^ Wow….I don’t think your post made any sense whatsoever. Terrible use of the English language.

I for one, both a Clois and Chloe fan, have been very happy with all the Smallville coverage given by TVLine.

You, “clois”, have taken this far too seriously. I’m sorry to butt into this conversation but you’re positively ridiculous.

A true Smallville fan is not so narrowed minded to think the show and this site is only suppose to cater to his or her desire. The show isn’t called Lois & Clark it’s called Smallville and it caters to all fans, as does this website- it gives every type of a fan a treat they’d like in relation to the show.

Seriously, I, as a Clois and Smallville fan, am completely embarrassed for you.

• Casey says:

LOL, if this were Facebook, I’d ‘like’ that majestic comment. Seriously. That “Clois” person is annoying and obviously doesn’t know what punctuation is. Your comment made me smile. (:

• Anon says:

I don’t think it’s the poster of this article that needs to worry about being a class act. Your response comes across as a mini tantrum that does not paint Smallville fans in a good light. Not that I think “one” poster should reflect all fans. That said, how is talking about Allison Mack returning to the finale of a show she’s been a part of for ten seasons have anything to do with Clois? Allison Mack has every right to be there, and that has nothing to do with shipping anything. Just because he gave a scoop that wasn’t about a topic you “wanted” it to be about, doesn’t mean Matt is being less than a class act. It just means he’s giving a scoop. There’s no need to be rude and entitled.

• MonicaOP says:

Oh my… you are telling me Allison is going to come back for the ending?? Really??? This is like a dream come true!!!!

I hope she has a good scene ’cause being one of the originals of the series and my most beloved character in Smallville and one of my top 5 in tv, she deserves better than the ending they had for her in Fortune.

I was ambivalent about watching the finale ’cause Michael R. was going to be there and I love him, but now, knowing Chloe is going to be there… count me in!!!!!!!!!! :D

Thank you for the info Matt!!! Hugs!!! Be well :)

• Jenny says:

You can be a die hard clois fan and still appreciate the rest of the show. I LOVE Clark and Lois!!!!!! Every scene they’re in together is magic! However, I am also a die hard Smallville fan, and I’m super duper excited to hear that Chloe is coming back! Not everything has to be about Clois. They would lose half the fanbase if it was. Thank you, TV LINE!

• James Jacobson says:

Chloe is the best human character the show has. Deal.

2. Joe says:

Stop with the puns in the item titles. It’s extremely lame.

3. Unspokenbond says:

Thanks Matt! Even if it’s not confirmed. I’m glad the media knows that the Chloe’s send off is disappointing. While I’m glad she went back to being a reporter while helping the heroes, as well as married to a very supportive and loving husband, the writing & execution is so sloppy & clumsy. Her final episode is not even focused on her!!!

4. Helena says:

Ugh. Mack is likely to come back? I had enough chlosure as it is! It’s Clark time for God’s sake!

5. ripleyaeryn says:

Thanks for the V scoop!

I look forward some Erica/Hobbes scoop too!

6. Alex says:

I’m so glad we’ll see Chloe again! Thanks for the scoop, Matt.

• Jason says:

Ditto, Alex. These posters above who profess mind-boggling “loyalty” to two TV characters, Clark and Lois, have some serious screws loose.

• Jason says:

Ditto, Alex. Truly wish that “clois” commenter would get a life. You do realize these are fictional TV characters, don’t ya, honey?

7. Val says:

Thank you for the info on Chloe’s return, Matt! Don’t listen to the haters, you’ve been doing a wonderful job keeping us informed as far as Smallville goes and the sane fans really appreciate it!

8. Dominique says:

Thanks for the CHloe news Matt! I love that character and I’ll be happy if she returns for the final episode, even though I love that she is living a kick-ass life with her loving husband

9. Silvia says:

Great news about Allison! I really hope your source is correct. It would be awesome to have both Allison and Michael in the finale.

10. jessiekins says:

Nice to hear about Marc Singer’s appearing on =. The reboot has picked up some much-needed steam since its return, and NOBODY slurps a guinea pig like Jane Badler. The 80s V was iconic…it would be nice if this one could get a little more thoughtful, like that one was. I don’t need one more show with crap blowing up. Just sayin.

11. Jones19 says:

It’s good that Chloe will be in the final ep, Mack is the only one besides Welling that has stuck with the series for 10 years so…

12. John randall says:

Im a huge Clois fan and im glad Allison/Chloe will be in the finale. Wouldnt be the same without her!!

13. Mandy says:

Thanks for the VERY hopeful Chloe news!

14. Tyson says:

Thanks Matt! It’s a great relief to know that Chloe/AM will be returning for the finale. Now I don’t want to be asking too much but I hope, now that her play has ended, that she’ll scoot on up there for the first part of the finale! :)

15. Emily says:

Yay for Chloe in the Smallville finale. She better be in it, it wouldn’t feel right without her! And yay for a Charah wedding as well. I need Chuck/Sarah to get married before the show is quite possibly canceled. XD They’re my current OTP of all ships on TV atm. I love Chlollie and Clois and all sorts of other couples on various shows too though.

16. Lori says:

YAY the mack is back Thanks Matt :)

17. Gen says:

Thanks for the Smallville scoop! I was thrilled with Chloe’s exit (though I agree to some extent on the poor execution, the end result was perfect, IMO), moving to Star City to start a new life, happily married to her own hero husband, a reporter by day, hero wrangler by night. I’m even happier that she’ll be back in some capacity. Let’s not forget, hubby’s got that Omega symbol on his forehead, and I’d expect no less from Chloe than to support Oliver in some way. Not only that, I get to see one of my favorite TV couples on my screen one more time. Thanks again for the info, Matt! :)

18. Marcela says:

I’m so happy to have Chloe in the finale.

19. Sam says:

Allison Mack back for the finale?

As the only original cast member other than Tom to be in every season, she and her fans deserve this.

So looking forward to it.

• Katherine says:

ICAM, 10 years ago I started watching Clark, Chloe, Lana & Lex! It’s been quite the journey! Along the way being inspired by a girl who worked for her dreams, at the side of future Superman! She’s become a heroine in her own right & totally should be part of the finale! Allison Mack is an amazing actress & can’t wait to see the ending!!

20. Sally says:

YAY! Thanks! I can’t wait to get some Chlosure. Nice pun. I liked it!
    I hope Chloe comes back it’d be weird for Ollie to face the darkness with out her there.

21. Mariah says:

I really hope this source is correct and we get to see Chloe and Chlollie one more time ;-P

22. Alex says:

YAY! Finally confirmation that Allison Mack will be back for the finale. People were nervous something might happen and screw up her return. Chloe, Clark and Lex have been there since the beginning. She had to be there to end it with Clex. I just hope she and Michael Rosenbaum get a scene together. I know he already filmed his scenes, but I hope they do some creative editing to make it happen.

Please SV writers, I need one more verbal judo scene before it all ends.

23. Turtle says:

Awesome news about Chloe! I liked that she went back to being a reporter in her last episode, but the episode overall was silly and not even Chloe-focused, so overall it was disappointing. Hopefully we’ll get to see a little of Classic Reporter!Chloe again. And wow, the finale is sounding amazing so far!

24. *Makushka* says:

I´m so happy. I hope Allison Mack is coming back and it´s true.
    Sally: “It’d be weird for Ollie to face the darkness with out her there” > Absolutely agree!!
    She needs to be in the finale because she was there from the very beginning and if there will be Clois WEDDING in the finale, she really has to be there. She´s the maid of honor ;)

25. clois says:

since matt said that lois is get’n a mindwipe at the end on his tweeter they better mindwipe chloe to.

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

Do they not have sarcasm in your country…? 79% of my tweets are drenched in delicious buttery sarcasm.

• clois says:

I think you could show some reaspect i used to like some off stuff from you.

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

Respect is a two-way street, friend, and you seem committed to coming into every SMALLVILLE post and being entirely negative.

• clois says:

and you seem to bash lois lane of smallville all the time you don’t show respect to actors who have stayed with the show you put me in mind of tom welling who just want’s to show respect to past actors if i was ED i would have left this 5 years ago very disrespectfull.
            and i am done talking to you i feel like i am talking to a brick wall really sad.

• jpooch says:

I have a hard time believing that somebody who professes to be a huge fan of Smallville is actually worried about Clark and Lois. If anything I would be upset if we got news that Clark and Lois were going to be together… it would honestly be a waste of post. Lois and Clark are pretty much the most enduring relationship in all of comic books, and them not ending up together would make zero sense. So calm down

• Stephanie says:

Wow, “clois” you are such an embarrassment to the Smallville fandom. It’s is absolutely ridiculous and everything you wrote is completely without merit.

• castiella says:

Get lost, clois. MWM has always been the epitome of a class act, and the rest of us LIKE his “delicious buttery sarcasm” (even though it kinda makes us want popcorn).

26. Samantha says:

Thanks for the AM news, Matt! I’ve long suspected that she would be in the finale, and Clark can’t get a proper sendoff as Superman without his BFF there. (Maybe this points to a Clois wedding after all, since Chloe is maid–well, matron now–of honor?)

Also, much love to the Clois fans here who are happy about AM’s return–it’s nice to see the non-hater Cloisers representing. :) We’re all going to get our happy endings, so why be negative?

27. Pat says:

Awesome news about Chloe being back. Even though I loved that Chloe got back to reporting/helping heroes like she alwayd did since season 1. I was kind of hoping for more from her last episode. Now we can get more Chloe and hopefully the execution will be better whatever her storyline is. Just once again don’t make it everything about Ollie. I loved that her return was not all about him and let’s hope that trend continues.

28. peggy says:

Booth, dont know how to tell the truth/but maybe he grow a set and give it a try.

29. TJCrinc says:

booth likes boxers. in that one episode where the santa blew up, he had his clothes removed by temp as evidence, and all he had on was boxers. Of course if his opinion changed to nothing at all…woohoo!

30. Mariko says:

Great to hear that Chloe will be back, although I’m not all that surprised. Walking off with Ollie who is apparently latent evil now isn’t a happy ending- it’s not an ending at all! Chloe was there for the beginning of Clark’s journey, she should be there for the end.

31. Angie says:

Yay Chloe for the Smallville finale! I hope you’re right! Wouldn’t be the same without her! :D

32. Jamie says:

I’ve never known Ausiello to be wrong, so Mack in the finale will be great.

Now I’m hoping for a small appearance by Kreuk.

33. Alex says:

A message to the crazy clois fan poster:

Stop disrespecting Matt. He’s awesome for continually giving us great scoop on our favorite shows.

34. Naomi says:

Yay for Chloe returning!

35. Audrey says:

Good to hear, Chloe was ther from the start and a huge part of Clark’s journey. I’m delighted to hear we will see her again.

36. Mariana says:

Awesome news! Chloe was there from the Pilot, she had to be in the finale. :D

37. Biz says:

This is the BEST Chlosure I could hope for! I knew they couldn’t end her story in Fortune especially with possible evil Ollie walking around. So excited for Allison Mack’s return for the finale, like a previous poster mentioned, she was there from the beginning it’s only natural that she’s there for the end. Tom and Allison started this journey together 10 years ago and I’m so excited that they are shutting it down together! I know some people have mentioned that she won’t be in 22 only in 21 one, pick up shots do exist for a reason…I’m just saying. Besides I don’t think she’d just come in for a cameo since she’s is so important to the journey of Smallville’s Superman! :D

38. Carrie says:

I had a feeling that wasn’t the last we’d be seeing of Chloe! I would love to see as many original cast members return for the finale as possible, or at least before the end of the series. I’m so glad they brought Lionel back. Martha came back and I hope she returns again. I know that Jonathan also returns. We definitely won’t be seeing Pete again, but they could always mention Lana. I think she should send Clark and Lois a wedding gift. :)

39. Stacy says:

yay…for the Chloe news! thanks…She should be at the end with Clark,Lois,Tess, and especially with Oliver.(he has the symbol and all) Hope that it is true…

40. Toronto says:

Not having Chloe on the series finale would have been a crime.

41. Nia says:

yay chloe is coming back !!! thats amazing news !!

42. Nick says:

Yes! Allison Mack’s “Chloe Sullivan” is the creative legacy for Smallville! She belongs in the finale! Awesome news!!

43. heartbeatsgreen says:

OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

MORE CHLOLLIE ON MY SCREEN!!

THANK GOD!!!

*HAPPY DANCE!! XD

44. Exile says:

1) more Chuck please

2) to the Clois and Chollie shippers
    – Clark married Lois – like 16 years ago, so, no big spoiler there? Right? Also Ollie has been on and off with Dinah (Black Canary) since the 60’s. So after Smallville is done, Chollie will disappear and Green Arrow and Black Canary will probably see a reconciliation.

45. Elizabeth says:

Thanks for the Chloe news! Can’t wait to see how it all turns out for her, her sendoff was absolutely terrible even though I loved that she decided to be a reporter again.

46. Mari Guerra says:

Oh God, let this be true!! I really need Chloe back in the show… I really want to see Allison Mack again!! I love her and her character!

47. K says:

I’m very glad to hear about Allison returning, i’m not too fond of Chloe anymore but I agree her sendoff was very lame. Plus it wouldn’t be right without her there! Lastly I’m a clois fan and we’ve had tons of spoilers so I really don’t see what the fuss is.

48. SnazzyO says:

Thanks Matt. I love the “Chlosure”.

You and Micheal have been good to the fans of Smallville over the years — thanks for that, it really has been to the benefit of the fandom IMO.

And although I think Booth is strictly a boxers kindof guy, I kindof hope “commando” SIMPLY to have Tempe ramble on about it.

49. Chloie says:

THE MACK IS BACK!!!!! I am soooo happy about that! Thank you so much for the info!! The finale just wouldn’t be the same without her and I love that they are trying so hard to keep her return under wraps….but I was way too impatient to wait till the finale to find out about her return so thank you for getting the inside scoop on that!

Also LOL at the Chlosure comment! Cheesy awesomeness!

50. Bouroux says:

Thank you for the info on Chloe’s return, Matt!
    It’s a very good news.
    Smallville without Chloe is not Smallville.
    She is a great part of the show.
    Thanks Allison.