Exclusive: Law & Order: LA to Relaunch in April

Get More: News, Scheduling News, Scoop

Get ready for Law & Order: Los Angeles 2.0.

Sources confirm to TVLine exclusively that a retooled version of Dick Wolf’s latest franchise extension will return to NBC’s schedule with a two-hour episode on Monday, April 11 at 9/8c before settling into its regular Monday 10/9c time slot the following week. (Current occupant Harry’s Law completes its freshman run on April 4.)

LOLA — which premiered to disappointing ratings and reviews — has undergone a slew of cast changes since getting pulled off the air earlier this year. (I’m told new NBC president Robert Greenblatt was very hands-on during the revamp.) When the dust settled, original cast members Skeet Ulrich, Regina Hall and Megan Boone were gone. Additionally, Alfred Molina’s DA character, Ricardo Morales, will now work the detective beat alongside Corey Stoll’s TJ Jaruszalski. And Alana De La Garza will reprise her role as ADA Connie Rubirosa from the L&O mothership. Terrence Howard remains as DDA Jonah Dekker.

Will you watch the new (and hopefully improved) LOLA when it returns this spring?

Comments (90)

• NO!!! How about they bring Bernard & Lupo to L.A. instead???

Comment by JD – March 7, 2011 02:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree 100%!!! Bring back Jeremy and Anthony!!!!

Comment by Marina – March 7, 2011 03:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The show needs more action.

Comment by Richard – March 8, 2011 05:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I so agree with this!

Comment by judy payne – March 8, 2011 05:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I won’t watch-Skeet Ulrich is the only reason I tuned in, and judging from Facebook comments on their own LOLA page, many many other fans feel just the same. No Skeet, no LOLA for me.

Comment by Margaret – March 8, 2011 06:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree, I watched for Skeet.

Comment by Jamie Greco – March 17, 2011 07:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree skeet was my only reason for watching!No skeet no L&O:LA

Comment by maegan – March 19, 2011 08:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Without Skeet, I won’t be tuning in…

Comment by Martha – March 29, 2011 11:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is Harry’s Law moving time slots or will its first season end by then?

Comment by Midori4 – March 7, 2011 02:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I believe Harry’s law will be done by then. There is only 5 episodes left this season.

Comment by Don J – March 7, 2011 02:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I’d rather Harry’s Law get a back nine than see NBC keep beating this dead horse.

Comment by Anna – March 8, 2011 08:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The finale should sync up with the 11th of April, so I’m guessing that episode will air at 8?

Comment by Michael – March 7, 2011 03:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Here’s a question. Only 8 episodes have aired and there is 14 left to air. I wonder if they are going to scrap all the remaining episodes that Skeet, Regina and Megan were in and start over with this new 2.0 version which I believe started with episode 15.

Comment by Don J – March 7, 2011 02:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I refuse to watch any more L&O since they gave the original the unceremonious boot. That was so not classy and I can’t justify watching any franchise that treats its flagship that way. Don’t care how “retooled” it is.

Comment by Stephanie – March 7, 2011 02:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree! They should have done a big 2 part movie finale to end such a long running show. Show the Lou get married and have Jack retire or something…there really was no ending.

Comment by Erika – March 7, 2011 03:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • AGREE! I WILL NOT watch this show – not without Skeet Ulrich.

Comment by Pam Thompson – March 7, 2011 05:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I won’t watch since they took Ulrich out, he was the most interesting character. Molina in a even bigger role is a total disaster in my opinion. No, I won’t be watching anymore.

Comment by J – March 16, 2011 07:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I agree, bring in Lupo and Bernard, and I’ll watch!

Comment by Sarah – March 7, 2011 03:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I may have considered watching it as I love both L&O and LA, but the cast was just terrible. This retooling is not any better, in my opinion. I really dislike Terrence Howard ever since he did that extremely misogynistic interview a couple of years ago.

Same problem with the Criminal Minds spinoff – love the original, but the cast of the spinoff leaves something to be desired.

Comment by Jennifer – March 7, 2011 03:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I like Criminal Minds but the new show needs to replace the head guy. Common folks, we females like to see a pretty face, by that I mean handsome and someone with charisma. The choice of actors on this show really needs to be changed.

Comment by kathryn – April 19, 2011 02:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Absolutely not watching. It’s a real shame they got rid of the actors I cared about the most. Going forward I will only continue to watch L&O SVU, the best of all 3. Good luck getting “good” rates.
    Ps it was the crappy dialogue that made LOLA stink!

Comment by Elle – March 7, 2011 03:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bring back Skeet – he’s the ONLY reason I watched!!!!!

Comment by Donna – March 7, 2011 03:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Seriously, Skeet’s not coming back? I watched the show just for HIM!! TOTALLY WON’T WATCH IT NOW! BRING BACK SKEET!!!

Comment by Chelsea Flowers – March 7, 2011 03:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Couldn’t agree more!

Comment by Cathy – March 7, 2011 04:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • ABSOLUTELY!!!!!!!

Comment by Pam Thompson – March 7, 2011 05:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • What were they thinking killing off the best character on the show./ Please bring back Skeet because he kept me watching each week.

Comment by kathryn – April 19, 2011 02:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • SKEET GOES… I GO…

NO SKEET NO L.O.L.A….

Comment by Jennie – March 7, 2011 03:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • (Current occupant Harry’s Law completes its freshman run on April 4.)

Comment by SARAH – March 7, 2011 03:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • of course, i’ll watch it..i watched it when it was on the air

Comment by Mark – March 7, 2011 03:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Megan Boone and Regina Hall’s characters were the most interesting to me, and I’m not the biggest fan of Terrence Howard’s always-on-the-verge-of-crying performance, but I’ll keep watching, if only for Corey Stoll’s badass moustache, Connie Rubirosa, and the much more engaging score (no disrespect to Mike Post, but Orvarsson’s scoring is just wonderful).

Comment by Kireet – March 7, 2011 03:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Getting rid of Skeet was a mistake. I think letting Howard go makes more sense, but I guess he’s a bigger name. I don’t like him or his acting and smarmy smile.

Comment by Amy – March 7, 2011 03:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I actually enjoyed the original cast. There were tweeks that could have been done but not the major layoff. Skeet was great and I likes him and coreys chem together as partners. What I didn’t like was the casting of his wife and him having one. He would have been better as a single loner and they should have had tj be the family man. Also there were too many office characters. That got a little confusing. Some xharcter background was necessary. I blame the writers not the actors.

Comment by maggie – March 7, 2011 03:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes, I’ll definatly watch!

Comment by David – March 7, 2011 03:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why not transfer ADA (the blond guy – went blank on actor/character names too?) He definitely had some out-of-the-box moves.

Comment by Vel Jaeger – March 7, 2011 03:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I believe you mean Linus Roache.

Comment by Megalion – March 7, 2011 05:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • As a former mothership employee, LOLA has no grit, energy or texture. It’s as bland as the show’s setting. It’s beyond tepid, maybe Alana can infuse the show with some badly needed energy! What was done to us as a crew was harsh, payback’s a bitch.

Comment by Giuseppe – March 7, 2011 03:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The cast was fine, it was the writing that was the issue.

Comment by Kelly – March 7, 2011 03:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bring back Skeet! Keeping him makes WAY more sense than Howard. Howard always looks like he’s about to cry and it’s PAINFUL to watch! He SUCKS!

Comment by Sly – March 7, 2011 03:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I will watch. I love connie. Although I did watch for Skeet. I liked his story line. The cast seemed a problem from the start. I’m not a fan of Terrance Howard. Since Lupo was studying law he should come in as assistant da & bernard could still work with him. I love the original. SVU has been lacking substance. Criminal Intent??

Comment by Dianna – March 7, 2011 03:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • bring back Sam Waterson as DA, boss to Decker and Rubirosa… I definitely will watch

Comment by Peter – March 7, 2011 03:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m excited about De La Garza. Hate to see Skeet go he wasn’t part of the problem. I wouldn’t mind Lupo and Bernard back but it would be stretching it to have 3 of them from the original L&O move to LA. Roache seems to get no love which is too bad, I liked him as well. Molina as a detective seems off. Not that he couldn’t do it but I hope he doesn’t have to run around like a younger man, it would look stupid. Much better to leave him in the DA role as a mentor ala Waterston and have him do some special cases. It will be interesting to see the Howard/De La Garza dynamic but I still feel there are problems. I don’t know if I buy Molina as a detective unless if done right. Why would his character take the step back?

Note – Stephanie it wasn’t the franchise but the network that gave it the boot. Dick Wolf wanted the show back and wanted other networks to continue it.

Comment by Joe Huber – March 7, 2011 03:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is Coyote still the DA?

Comment by Michael Sacal – March 7, 2011 03:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t wait for LOLA to be back! Great news! I will finally get my Corey Stoll fix.

Comment by Karyn – March 7, 2011 03:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So I tried really, really hard to watch this before and it was boring, and the actors seemed to really have no chemistry together. That’s the problem when you are casting right up until filming and shows being greenlit without a pilot. I think recasting and revamping this show is essential to it’s survival. I actually hope that they don’t show the remaining episodes with the original cast – at least until the season is over. They need to go right to the revamping. Terrence Howard is a great actor but honestly I wasn’t too impressed with him in this so far. I wasn’t expecting this to be the original only in LA, but the acting was just so stiff – especially on Skeet’s part. I’m looking forward more to the final season of CI, but I think that the new LOLA might actually be watchable now.

Comment by David – March 7, 2011 03:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I watched for Skeet and nothing else. Without him, I’m gone. Now NBC has left me only Chuck to watch on their otherwise crappy network.

Comment by Melody – March 7, 2011 03:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No! Not without Skeet.

Comment by Catherine – March 7, 2011 03:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not a chance. You fired Skeet and now you put it up against Hawaii 5-0 and you expect me to watch? Have you lost your minds? 5-0 will kill this show and rightfully so.

Comment by Bill – March 7, 2011 04:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not Watching without Skeet. He is the only reason I watched. Why no skeet?

Comment by Brittney – March 7, 2011 04:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The cast redo sounds promising – not crazy about Terrence Howard but willing to give it a look. I do wish we could get Lupo and Bernard back SOMEWHERE! Skeet didn’t do “sullen” very well so I’m not really missing him.

Comment by Linderella49 – March 7, 2011 04:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I will definitely watch and I love the changes. Especially Rubirosa. I loved her from the original. Even though the original show will always be my fav, LOLA can bring some great storylines. Just my opinion.

Comment by Kathy – March 7, 2011 04:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was crushed when I heard Skeet Ulrich was off the show! Not sure I’ll be watching.

Comment by Janet – March 7, 2011 04:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If Skeet is gone, I am gone!

Comment by Lynne – March 7, 2011 04:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree, Skeet Ulrich was the only reason I watched. I will now be watching Castle on Monday nights.

Comment by linda – March 19, 2011 10:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like Watching Law & Order Los Angeles. Terrence Howard IS My Favorite Actor. Terrence Howard did Such A Good Job On That Show. May Be Terrence Howard Dose Cry On The Show But He Cares About The People who was Hurt Or Killed. I Am Glad That Terrence Howard Will Be Back On The Show. Terrence Howard IS Such A Good Actor. You Haters need To Stop Talking Trash About Terrence Howard He IS Such A Wonderful Actor. I Hope Terrence Howard Do Some More Tv Shows. I am Glad That Law & Order Los Angeles IS Comeing Back Next Month.

Comment by Sherice Bethel – March 7, 2011 04:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You must be related to Terrence Howard or work for him or you have no real awareness of bad acting when you see it. He was terrible! No energy! No charisma! No substance or subtlety to his work at all.

They really should dump the whole LA thing and go back to the original show in NYC. They would have had my attention for another 20 years.

Comment by Cheryl A. Wilkinson – March 8, 2011 06:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Sharice, I think you forgot to capitalize a few words. I likt Terence Howard, too, but this part has never suited him well. All the monologues he gave were the same pitch and delivery. I hope he makes this character seem more like a real person in future episodes. The first three episodes of this series completely turned me off. The second was a cheap ripoff of “Entourage.” The changes may make it watchable but I am not sure. I’ll have to wait and see.

Comment by M – March 24, 2011 10:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Without a doubt. I have missed it these past weeks. Love Terrence Howard, he is so great in that part. Am sorry Skeet will be gone, but can handle it as long as soft talking Terrence is still there.

Comment by Barbara Canonico – March 7, 2011 05:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Pleeeease…. I agree I miss Lupo & Bernard, even though I never really watched LO:LA , im gonna watch just for Alana De La Garza. Maybe theyll give her a personal life and some personality

Comment by Marshall – March 7, 2011 06:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Cant wait till it is canceled which it will be.. The show is going to be awful without Skeet. I will no longer watch it because he is gone and have stopped watching Law and order: SVU…I’m done….

Comment by brandi lopez – March 7, 2011 07:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Harry’s Law is the only other good show that airs on Mondays ,second to Castle,which is the best show on tv….

Comment by peewee – March 7, 2011 07:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NO SKEET NO ME You fired the WRONG person. He was NOT the problem!

Comment by Jill – March 7, 2011 07:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I will watch the episodes Skeet Ulrich is in. Once he is killed off I will no longer watch the show. He was the only thing good about that show.

Comment by Debi – March 7, 2011 10:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • People were watching this show because of Skeet Ulrich? Geez, that was the biggest mistake ever, getting him into the franchise.

Comment by Leon – March 8, 2011 02:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No Skeet, No watch

Comment by Sandy – March 8, 2011 04:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The entire cast put me to sleep, and after 5 minutes into the show, I was in Zzzzzzzzzzz land. I now see that changes have been made. I just hope it’s everyone. Including the original Casting Director.

Comment by P. G. Crawford – March 8, 2011 06:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • As long as Corey and his mustache are there, I’m watching.

Comment by 4F – March 8, 2011 06:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m disappointed NBC didn’t give the LOLA more time to catch on. But, I’ll give the “New” and “Improved” version a chance.

Comment by Bob – March 8, 2011 11:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They need to resurrect Lenny Briscoe!! #1 in all of Law and Order-dom!

Comment by Pamela – March 8, 2011 02:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Assuming you mean the part for Lenny Brisco and not the same person who played that part, especially since that person passed away from cancer … Personally, the original LAO was still would be the best … after that, I’m looking forward to seeing LAO Criminal Intent that is coming back on USA … SUV has had more not too good shows this past season which had been disappointing … But for me, the VERY BEST SHOW ON TV is still NCIS … that show is like magic and seems like NCIS LA can be the same if we all just give it a chance … lots to be considered in a case like this and that is don’t put all the blame on the actors since they are only following the direction of someone else and also the writers must carry part of any criticism any of us might have !!!

Comment by Pat – March 8, 2011 06:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I Love Harry’s Law its a good show…Love Kathy Bates and Company please DO NOT TAKE OFF THE AIR

Comment by Lourdes – March 8, 2011 05:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Skeet Ulrich is my favorite on LOLA. I enjoy Terrence Howard in other roles but his role is so emotional that he isn’t a good DDA too soft…seems to be welling up each time he talks with a suspect and his widow’s peak is really peaking. I’ll watch the two hour episode next Monday, but ya’ll will have to do some seriously suspenseful writing to keep me for two hours.

Comment by Watson – March 8, 2011 05:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • time for this show to retire.
    When a show spins off to new locations, it’s to try to save a dying production.
    The originals were great, don’t mar their legacy

Comment by taszar – March 8, 2011 06:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • just bring back all law and orders… i will be happy then.
    it was the only television worth watching

Comment by m – March 8, 2011 06:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post