Exclusive

Exclusive: House Creator on the Huddy Bombshell and What Lies Ahead

Warning: If you have yet to watch Monday night’s episode of House, run — don’t walk — to the nearest emergency exit. Everyone else, onward and downward…

To all the Huddy fans out there, I am sorry for your loss.

In the closing minutes of this week’s much-hyped, retro-tastic House, Cuddy (played by Lisa Edelstein) pulled the plug on her months-long romance with Dr. Crankypants (Hugh Laurie) after she uncovered his latest deep, dark deception: He needs Vicodin in order to be a good boyfriend.

To make matters worse, the breakup triggered a full-on relapse for TV’s most prolific drug-addicted MD. In short, the long-running drama changed the game once again, and series creator David Shore is here with an exclusive post mortem.

TVLINE | Why did you break up House and Cuddy?
We knew it wasn’t going to last forever. We knew it couldn’t last forever. We had it mapped out since the beginning of the season that it was going to last almost exactly this long. It’s like anything else we do on the show. We go, “Let’s explore that. And once we’ve exhausted the exploration, let’s move on.” Now we move on to what it’s like for the two of them to be broken up, which is different than [anything] we’ve seen. And it all has to come back to the reality of these characters. I believe these characters are in love with each other. And I believe in a certain way they always will be. But I also believe House is not a good boyfriend. House is not a good spouse. He’s got deep issues, and the reasons Cuddy breaks up with him are very valid. Taking House down an ultimately happy road just seems unrealistic.

TVLINE | Is it fair to say the breakup will stick?
Yeah, it’s fair to say that. I can’t [say they’re done] forever, but we don’t want to jerk the audience around.

Lisa Edelstein on House‘s Uncertain Future: Nobody Wants to See it Go Off the Air

TVLINE | When you were outlining the story, did you leave yourself some wiggle room in case, you know, the romance proved successful beyond anyone’s imagination?
That’s always a possibility. You never know how things are going to unfold. My bigger concern was that putting them together was going to damage the dynamic of the show. But I think we pulled it off. It was a tricky thing. Keeping House as House and keeping Cuddy as Cuddy [while in this] relationship was important to us. And it was challenging.

TVLINE | Were the elaborate fantasy sequences a way to cushion the blow for Huddy fans? Like, maybe they’ll be too transfixed by all the pretty bells and whistles to be too upset about the split?
No. If anything I was worried we’d piss them off more with the sequences. [Laughs] Whenever you do something [different], you get scared that you’re going to do it badly and that you’re going to alienate people. And it was important that we do it in a House-like way, and I think we pulled it off. I don’t expect unanimous consensus, but I’m happy with what we did.

TVLINE | How did the idea for the fantasy elements come up?
There was talk at one point about doing each act [of the episode] in a different genre, which I think would’ve been bad; it would’ve worn thin. And then we realized that there was an opportunity to do that in a limited extent. We used them to throw little grace notes out there that were important to the story.

TVLINE | House, it seemed, officially fell back off the wagon at the end of the episode. Is he back to square one now?
He’s certainly back on Vicodin. Probably fair to say he’s back to square one.

House Casting Scoop: Cuddy’s Mom Returns!

TVLINE | So, was his entire recovery period all for naught?
That’s the [big] question. That’s the challenge going forward. It’s frankly a timely issue out there. [Laughs] Staying clean is an ongoing challenge. And it doesn’t happen without slips. Sometimes extended and serious slips.

TVLINE | Would it be correct to assume that if House can’t be happy with Cuddy, he can’t be happy with anyone?
It’s going to be a challenge with anyone. Cuddy, on the face of it, was his best hope. But hope doesn’t die easily. And striving for happiness is not something that you can easily walk away from.

Thoughts on this week’s House? Did you love the fantasy elements but loathe the demise of Huddy? Or is it the other way around? Share your thoughts in comments.

1. Grace says:

I just want House to have what he wants. I just love him with all his faults and that is why I hated it when Cuddy broke up with him. I didn’t like the “fantasy/hallucinations” portions in some episodes of this season. They just turn me off and make “House” not the “House” I enjoy so much. I wish the writers/producers would stay away from it and go back to the old format we all love so much.

• foreverhuddyfan says:

I agree, I really Did NOT like this episode! I love house too, after so many years, all this amazing character gets is a few months? :(

2. Kat says:

I stopped watching House mid-way through season 5 and didn’t watch any of season 6. I was sick of the same tired addiction storyline over and over again, where the other characters beat up on House even though they’re all as dysfunctional as he is. House’s relationship with Cuddy brought me back to the show. I really enjoyed seeing a more positive House who still maintained his sarcastic self.

Now? We get drugged-out, angry, bitter House back? And get to watch him mooning over Cuddy? Guess which show is going off of my DVR?

What a waste. God forbid a character can grow and be happy.

3. Aque says:

They have to make things interesting so they need to bring back Sela Ward as STACY WARNER.

4. victoria says:

The show has held my interest through this episode. I did not watch early on, but caught reruns. House’s attitude and drug addiction
    wear thin after a while. Thought the two hour rehab story was one of the best. The next season was the best as House worked through
    his problems and eventually got to be with the woman he loved.
    To see a continually progress toward normality would have been nice, maybe with a few slip ups. There are many areas that were not explored. I kept thinking something would happen to Rachel and House would be the hero when he diagnosed her. I would have like to have seen him become attached to her and less self centered. Also
    would like to see House go into his childhood. What made him the way he is? That would be interesting. All that being said, it is time to kill the show guys. The story is over has been told, and I don’t see anything but deterioration from here.

5. steven says:

I understand the typical formula for the episodes of House…with this show…there’s an opening scene…a man,woman, or child has episode of blood coming from any one of the number of orifices of the body….then, comes diagnosing the problem of that the patient has. It’s like clockwork, with the ususal 5 to 8 mis-diagnosing the patient’s affliction for. Why this wouldn’t kill the normal patient alone…well, it’s beyond me! In the middle of diagnosing the patient problems and looking for a cure…you have all this High DRAMA btw Cuddy-House-Wilson, or Foreman-Taub-Chase, or whomever! Then, AS EVERYBODY can always count on, Greg House is able to pull the correct diagnosis right outta his ASS! How? From an epihany he get’s from seeing something or talking with someone–it’s like a little light being turned on in his brain, whenever he talks and converses with SOMEONE! Or sees something. ANYBODY!! ANYTHING!! You can bet your sweet ass, House will see the light! And cure the patient! (This happens with EXACTLY 3 minutes left remaining in the show) IT HAPPENS EXACTLY–Like CLOCKWORK! WATCH FOR IT! YOU CAN BET ON IT! IT’S A SURE THING!! Then, once he cures the patient from his/her dreaded affliction, its on to the wrap-up. During the wrap-up period, sometimes they play some really lame and silly song, from some unknown amateur artist, that makes your ears BLEED!!

Oh Yeah! I DIDN’T enjoy those lame and different dream sequences in this “Bombshells” episode. I can look back and pinpoint that was the exact moments that led me to abandon this show!! For GOOD!!! I am afraid this is the beginning of the END for this show!! You can tell the 20 plus PRODUCERS and WRITERS of this series are RUNNING OUT OF IDEAS! With little interest left in this series, you’ll soon be seeing this series switching to another time slot– like the slow death of the FRIDAY at 10 O’clock hour!! Put this puppy out of his misery…before it becomes any worse!! PLEASE!!!

And as for Cuddy announcing she was a JEW!!? Who knew?? Maybe all those 20 plus Producers and Writers of this show did, but who else cared!! Next we’ll have CHASE coming “out-of-the-closet”, in some upcoming episode, telling ANYBODY that will listen to him, I AM GAY! AND PROUD OF IT!!

6. Mariel says:

David Shore can f. himself for all I care. I decided to give the show another chance after the travesty that was S6 and he managed to ruin it again because he’s an uncreative coward. I’m done.

7. NOT WATCHING THE SHOW ANYMORE says:

Everyone should boycott the show and not watch it any more until they fix the freakin’ mess they just created. At least if they were to break them up, it should be over something meaningful. DAVID SHORE IS AN ASS!

• Ari says:

Lol, bitter, stupid, rabid huddy fangirls are so funny!

• Sam says:

@Ari
        i think you are the one who is stupid and bitter. You love misery! Can’t stand watching people in love and happy.

• lol says:

People? Are you stupid? We’re talking about fictional characters here, lmao

• Jess says:

There’s no reason for all of us who can’t stand the huddy crap to be bitter: right now we’re glad that it’s finally over. Nope, the bitter ones are huddys, bitter, rude, moron and obnoxious.
          Let’s hope the show will back to what it used to be before the huddy nonsense

• Jen409 says:

I agree with you, Ari. Huddy sucked, and I think the show will get a lot more interesting again now that it’s finally over. And even though the Huddy fangirls may be the more vocal ones right now, I don’t think they’re really in the majority.

• Jess says:

Actually the huddys’ reaction to the end of the huddy mess is the only good thing about it: if I want to have a good laught all I ahve to do is reading some of their posts :)

• foreverhuddyfan says:

Haha, yes, we are ;). AND WE HATE DAVID SHORE!!!!!

8. Tim says:

I obviously don’t have the time to read all the comments, but I think I side with the majority on this one. David Shore blew it big time, for reasons already expressed by several other people. I, for one, am moving on from the show I grew to love over the past 7 years. I was thrilled they were finally moving forward with the story and then I find out we are suddenly back to square one? Seriously? what have I been watching for the past 2 seasons, exactly? Sorry, Mr. Shore, but you just lost me as a viewer.

• James says:

Me too. David Shore and the writers are totally stupid. It’s one thing to destroy secondary characters’ relationships even kill them off, but give us a freakin’ break! Look at the simpsons – longest running series and you know why? Because we can always count on them, regardless of how wacky they are, to be a happy family that we grew to love. The fans have waited in hope and anticipation for so long. At least give us another season! At least if you are going to kill them off, then do it over something meaningful. Noone is perfect so if someone screws up (even though that was hardly a screw up) should they get the death penalty? How can we even respect Cuddy for this. If she loved him she wouldn’t dump him. But of course it’s not her fault, it’s Shore’s fault and he should be punished by losing his viewers and money in the process.

9. Sarah says:

That last scene was just heart-wrenching for me… We’ve never seen House so vulnerable as when he momentarily begged Cuddy not to break up with him. Sad to see them break up, but I guess I always knew he could never completely change… he did constantly frustrate me with his crappy boyfriendedness!

10. Mr. B says:

Well, Cuddy wasn’t the only one pulling the plug. After reading Shore’s interview and him admitting that we are now back to “square one”, I am also breaking up with this show. It lasted long enough, but I grew tired of the constant jerking around. That is no way to treat your fans.

11. R L says:

It cheapened the whole previous season. All the progress House had made has been destroyed because the producers cannot think of nothing better than return the character to the depression of previous seasons. It’s been done. Felt cheated. Not watching again.

12. honestly says:

Sorry Bueller,

Cameron has sailed. Would you really want this new and improved stuck up blonde and not just assertive but a bitch Cameron back? Season 4, yes. Season 5, yes. Season 6, no thanks.

They killed Cameron as surely as they did Amber. (Although I’m hoping that he’ll have some cool hallucinations this time. I’ve been waiting for Anne Dudek to pop up again.)

I was a Hameron fan before. I hated the idea of Huddy and I JUST started liking it. I have to say, this was an amazing break up scene. It worked, it was in character, and it did NOT backtrack on character development. It backtracked on House’s being clean, but that does not erase all that has happened. He’s a different person than the one who imagined sleeping with Cuddy. That’s why this relationship worked. And it’s the same reason it stopped working.

13. Connie H says:

I’m sorry, but I didn’t like the ending. I don’t think it is fair to the character (House)who is a recovering addict, to go through the fear of losing someone who made him feel complete, that brought joy (yes, joy because she didn’t put up with his garbage)and knew him for all his faults and failures. He went through therapy, to the point of being in an institute and comes out with hope of making a better life for himself. He is lucky to get into a relationship with a woman strong enough to deal with his personality and then tell us that she can’t handle it. 1. yes, a doctor knows about the falling off the wagon and the bad days, they know it is going to happen and are smart enough to know that if it looks too good to be true, it isn’t. 2. Cuddy has known House for years and knows his personality and she loves him. NO WOMAN who loves a man (and she has loved him for a long time)is going to walk away the first mistake the guy makes (after going sober)..granted there is the daughter, but Cuddy needs to make ground rules now. Stand by him and help him through this process of getting back on the wagon, not push him over the edge. I am very disappointed that they have written it showing her walking away. You are making Cuddy look very stupid and naive, and that is not a woman who runs a medical facility like the one she runs

14. HAPPY says:

I think that House and Cuddy need to split for a while, Since he went back on the vicodin it was because of the pain Cuddy was going thru. He felt her pain. Cuddy can help him pull thru it again. But House will be House, Its the only way he can deal with his pain he sees in somebody else > Cuddy. DHe needs to work with him. If she accepts him for who he is and his love,then you stay with him and help him if you really love him. Let me on theshow I will fill House’s needs and hurt and help him thru his crisis. LOVE always for HOUSE.

15. Jen409 says:

Thank goodness Huddy is finally dead, I was getting so sick of it. So I love Bombshell for their breakup and the fantasy sequences, specially the zombie one!

16. Jess says:

Not only the huddy crap it’s over, the huddytards are saying that they’re done with the show: bye bye, morons, bye and bye :D

17. Mark says:

It’s not the fact that House and Cuddy broke up that bothers me (because I never cared that much about them). But the execution was cheap and so were their reasoning. They really had to press the “reset” button to break them up? I’m sorry, but I actually enjoyed watching House making progress, struggling to grow. The fact that Shore now says we are back to “square one” is such a slap in the fact and disrespectful to anyone who has been watching the show since the Pilot.

I’m giving the show a couple more episodes to see where it’s headed, but it certainly doesn’t look promising to me.

18. Lea says:

“Did you love the fantasy elements but loathe the demise of Huddy?”
    I loathed both, to be honest. Im so tired of all the gimmicks and plot devices of this show. And House having a complete turnaround and going back on vicodin is such an insult to fans, really. And the promo for next week’s episode looks like a complete travesty. What a joke this show has become.

19. Kelly says:

LOL! Huddies think they make up a sizeable portion of House viewers. That is RICH!

• Sissy says:

They don’t.I could care less about the huddy whatever. it’s about the writing and storytelling, it has become a joke and horrible. put this show out of it’s misery by ending it.

• sophia says:

I WILL HAVE YOU KNOW THAT HUDDIES RULE THE HOUSE FAN BASE!

20. Phil says:

Honestly? This week’s episode was an insult to my intelligence. I don’t know about most people here, but I, for one, never cared for House and Cuddy together – yet their break up was an absolute travesty, not because it happened but because of the build up – or lack thereof. Furthermore, I believe David Shore either needs to resign or hire new writers because the constant moving forward and then yelling “Just kidding” is incredibly disrespectful to the audience, in my opinion.

Then again, to me it’s nothing but a TV Show – and now one I will no longer watch. Thank God for HBO and AMC.

21. Sissy says:

It’s time for the show to end. the episode was embarrassing, especially the end…I am sick of self pity House. I am sick of the VICODIN and I am sick of the no happiness CRAP and I am sick of the character assassination, especially on Cuddy, I don’t think I can look at her the same (what a hypocrite). I am moving on to a different show and I hope everyone who hated it does. This show has no more stories to tell but miserable House, life is not always about misery writers, try to find some happiness yourselves!

22. John T says:

So much for hope for all of us trying to get better from whatever probelms we have. Shore just said “Your stuck with what you got, live with it and don’t even try”. Cuddy and House have to get back together. He can still be a pain in the ass and a smart aleck but they make each other whole. Since there are no successful relationships on this show i can only think the producers have no successful relations ships themselves and hate anyone who does.

Shore and others may think misery sells. Which it does but only if there is hope for happiness. They just killed that hope. Say good bye to House as it will soon drop like a stone in the ratings. Another relatuionship for either of them will not work. They have to be together.

23. Donne says:

A happy House just isn’t House. Welcome back, grouchy, pill-poppin’, hurtin’, soft-deep-down doctor!

24. Brian says:

Gonna give this show a couple more episodes, but I can clearly see where it’s headed and it’s not something I would find enjoyable. Having said that, I was completely disappointed in this week’s episode but am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. We’ll see.

25. Magda says:

I do not like to have ended the relationship with the Caddy &House, thanks to the series has become more interesting. If we go back to the fact that House is a great diagnostician and only the medical puzzles solved will be very boring. Already been through this before for four seasons. The seventh season was the best so far. House solve puzzles medical loved Cuddy, and probably at some point would have fixed it. Maybe people do not change, but it is perfect. Perhaps the writers have no idea on this pair, I do not have, because I’m a mathematical mind and I can not think of a scenario. But I really just another season with the medical achievements of House will be boring. None of the emerging women will not be so smart I am Cuddy. Any other will be able to cheat. And Cuddy knows him. And he loves her in his own way. Her should forgive him. I want to have returned Huddy.

26. rondi says:

does anybody know the song played for next weeks preview of house where he is lying in bed and then on the balcony ? I would love to know the name of the song and artist .

27. Suzan says:

I agree with Gary completely…Cuddy should be more understanding of House and his addiction. True, they probably do not belong in a relationship, but this was a very unlikely way for them to break it off.

28. eviltwit says:

I never wanted them to put House and Cuddy together, but since they have been, I’ve enjoyed seeing House happy. Now, I’m pissed that they’re resorting to the drug relapse thing. Really, we’re going to have to go through all that again? Recycling that plot is just lazy writing.

As for Shore jerking us around. He’s already done that; that train has left the station.

I want House to be happy. I’m fine with him being brilliant and annoying and downright mean and grumpy. He should find someone. I’m fine with it not being Cuddy, but he should fine someone.

29. Clare says:

I’ve been watching House since it first was shown on TV. I have enjoyed the teasing with House and Cuddy over the years. But i did enjoy when they got together the most. The viewers got to experience a different House then what we had seen for the past 6 seasons. HUDDY should have been given longer.

30. RC says:

House and Cuddy needed to break up. There were at least three episodes that mainly focuses on the relationship. The relationship, in my personal opinion, is going to ruin the show if continued. Shore made the right decision.
    Come to think of it, no love-relationship has ever had a happy ending in House: House and Cameron in season 1, House and Stacy in season 2, Wilson and Amber in season 4, Chase and Cameron in season 6, Wilson and Sam in season 7. I think this is part of the reason that made this show so popular. People who is trying to find love, or failed countless times, will find comfort in the show. For people who found love or are happily married, the show would make them feel how lucky they are.
    While I felt very sad about the break up, it needed to be done…

31. Bandot says:

Unfortunately being in Bangkok I am usually a year behind in episodes. Not surprised House is back on Vicodan. Being in cronic myself for the last 23 years I have found that once you are completely off pain medication you are left with a perfectly clear mind to contemplate the pain you are still in. So it comes to a choice live in pain and suffer or take the medication which at least allows you to work and live your life. Easy to judge when you are not in pain a lot harder if you are the one that is suffering.

32. Dan says:

I would like to see an ‘really-over-the-top-Vicodin-abuse-and-beeing-an-ass’ House episode. Especially after this girlie romance arch.

33. eddie fl says:

how many years have we waited for house and cuddy to get it together? and now, after a few short months it’s over? seriously? is that the best we get? it’s not like she didn’t know he was an addict. so she’s a heartless bitch for bailing on his first slip? oh i hate this. he’s going to be even MORE unhappy than before. is that fair?

aargh.

34. Nesha says:

Well, I tuned back in this season after that bs from the prior season of House fantasizing he slept with Cuddy turning out to be not real. Enjoyed the episodes and loved the happier House, put up with the girl doctor while wondering when Thirteen was coming back, now to see House & Cuddy break up. That’s it for me… Yup this fan is out… Really wish Huddy would’ve made it

35. Leah says:

I’m annoyed that the producers teased us. I’m sick of seeing House be House. I liked it when he was with Cuddy and he grew up a little/was happy. Frankly, their relationship was the ONLY interesting thing about this season. The cases are getting boring and the show too formulaic. It’s ridiculous to say that House can only be a good doctor if he’s miserable.

36. foreverhuddyfan says:

House and Cuddy were made for eachother and I think everyone knows it. This was a horrible ending. So thanks a lot, David Shore for puting a big downer in my life. I loved seeing House happy and Im really going to miss it. Nothing would make more sense that to bring Huddy back. House is cranky and sometines jerky, but hes a great guy too, he always has been and he deserves happiness. Cuddy is his only happiness and Killing Huddy is killing hope. Huddy is the best thing that ever happened to the show and I think all Huddy fans would agree that nothing would make us happier than if Cuddy took House back. That relationship was very special and nobody is going to forget it.

Everyone deserves love! PLEASE BRING HUDDY BACK!!!!! :( :(

37. cony says:

no me gusta para nada House y cuddy eran la pareja ideal para mii lejos esta fue la mejor temporada house por fin se veía enamorado ojala que después vuelvan o no veo mas esta serie

38. carli says:

It was weird. I liked the old House, but I also liked to see House happy for a change. He has been through a lot and he kind of deserves it.He tried hard, but it seem out of character a bit. But, I must say that I never really liked th e way Cuddy was with him. She wanted to be with him even after he told him that he always messes things up, and then, she expects him to be perfect and not give him a chance. Weird. Cuddy has always been pretty unrealistic and hateful. I guess I just don’t like her character at all. First, her stupid relationship with the detective and now this. She is even more damaged than House. I wouldn’t miss her if she left for good.

39. amanda says:

seriously? i am so upset. it breaks my heart. i wanted house and cuddy to be together. i thought they stayed true to the character of house even when he was with cuddy. house and cuddy are the best part of the show.

40. RG says:

I agree with many of the people who have posted, for many years I have looked foword to every episode . Have not missed one sense it started. After Cuddy broke up with house, And the writers started House on the pills again, I believe it is time to end the show. It has been a GREAT show, but I think it is time to say good by. I Don’t want the writers be like Brett Farve, and linger on after your time has come & gone :-)

41. sue roesler says:

Sad to see Cuddy-House end. I still miss Cameron and wish they would bring both her and 13 back and mix it up again. somebody has to have a good relationship. Can’t stand the new girl. She is not sexy like Cameron or 13 and they are trying to make her an updated Cameron. It can’t be done. Cameron was the absolute best. What happened to her being in ER? That made more characters and more of a chance for fun episodes. Hope Cuddy and House get back together even if for a short flirtation.

42. Janie says:

i dont know if Im happy or sad about the breakup.. at least its a storyline and I will continue to watch.. however the thing I didnt like about the last 3 episodes was the way they almost had them break up in each one… I had read a spoiler that they were going to break up and then i was behind on the last few shows (just watched all of them this past monday) and they felt very disjointed in their storylines about the relationship.. I liked when house was doing his work and the relationship between him and cuddy was part of that story.. even the way he had to worry about whether to be a boyfriend or a doctor when asking cuddy for things at the hospital. That was interesting.. but in the episode where cuddy is mad at House and he goes to the preschool and tries to get her daughter in.. That did not feel right to me.. i dont think that Cuddy would just look around at the mess that House makes and get mad. I think she would call him on it. The fact that they just did a preschool story with rachel and it was cute with house trying to educate her how to use the toys really took away from this story.. I mean cuddy had a secret school that she really wanted to get rachel in? that was just weird.. Whoever did the writing on this episode doesnt know a lot about relationships.. Then on the next episode whre out of the blue Cuddy wsa getting an award at a charity event and house said he would be there and then his patient died and he didnt go.. Now part of that was interesting.. because would he have gone had the patient not died? But the whole drunk part at the end where it seemed like house was going to break up with Cuddy.. only to have him say he chooses her over anything else.. It was too much and then the very next week cuddy breaks up with him.. Anyone who knows him in the breakup episode could tell he was worried about her.. even when he tried to say he wasnt…or tell her nothing was wrong.. I think that even though House had to use vicodin to be there.. Cuddy shouldve understood that and given him a second chance….

43. Ariel says:

huddy sucks
    and huddies ate so bitter, too funny

44. Alex says:

Vicodin is back! Relationship-free Huddy tension is back! Hilson is back! Hookers are back! Funny-angsty House is back!!!

I can finally watch the show again :D :D :D :D :D :D

45. Gertrude says:

I think that the show will never be the same again!!

46. Marissa says:

I love reading these and seeing everyone’s opinions, I have to say I can agree and disagree with a bit of everything.
    Last season when House was becoming sober and going to rehab was something a true House fan probably struggled with, who wants our angry, cranky, Dr. Gregory House sober and talking about his feelings?
    However, I did want House and Cuddy to work. As said by previous people, I loved the sexual tension between then for the past six seasons so testing the waters was always a good idea — but the fact is, as much as I hate to admit it, it really was never going to work. House is a 40 year old child, and always will be. As much as we want our lovely Dr. House to end up with someone, being with Cuddy softened his harsher, sarcastic image, which changed the mood of House for this season.

I’m interested to see what’s to come for Princeton-Plainsboro and what’s in store for the Cuddy/House fiasco.
    Also, I agree with one of the previous posts — House and Stacy together would be my pick if House were to end up with someone. Their chemistry is undeniable.

47. Dissappointed says:

You know, I was actually enjoying the show until they unrealistically broke them up. Why watch a show that is static and keeps returning to suicidal Vicadin addict? It seems that everytime some emotional development occurs in a character, the writers destroy it in order to supposedly “protect the integrity of his character”. For me, it definitely destroys his character for me because they’re basically showing me that a depressed addict who hates his life is all that they’re going to let him be. Just ridiculous because people change. Thanks for the heads up, taking away any hope we had of them getting back together. Last few episodes without Huddy were completely bland. Ratings going down! Whatever. Can’t stand watching this anymore. And I used to love this show.

48. HouseMD says:

First of all,this episode was awesome.It was DIFFERENT.And it was great.I can’t believe that someone didn’t like it(except the break up).
    And why would anyone be happy about their break up?I mean for 6 seasons they were flirting and most of us wanted to see them finally together.I think they are fantastic together and that they will be together again…
    You all say “I hate what this show has become…”…It hasn’t become any different,they just made House in love,and he deserves it.
    I really can’t believe what some people write about this show.If you don’t like it,don’t watch it.. -.-

• Danielle says:

Very good points HouseMD I reread this article as we are so close to the end of the season and dare I out myself as a Huddy, BTW I will be out for blood DS, KJ, and GY if season 7 doesn’t end with Huddy, ok insert all negative comments to burst my bubble here, but when I look at this article again it is a contradiction in itself. First he says “we knew it couldn’t last, blah blah and then a few questions later makes the comment about Cuddy on the “face of it being the best hope” and that hope is hard to kill or die and that striving for hapiness isn’t something “you can walk easily away from” this implies to me that yeah we need to expect the episodes where they act like children coming off a high school relationship but I still think there is a chance, something dramatic will happen in true House style that will make them both realize their mistake and allow us Huddies to throw away the antidepressants. I’m really hoping I’m not just reading between the lines here, but I think my idea has some merit and sounds like the style of the show.

49. HouseMD says:

Yeah,it’s really contradiction…I don’t know what to think anymore.
    I’m hopping too. :)
    How couldn’t you love when he said that he choose her above saving everyone???Or…House:”Someone looks lovely tonight.” Cuddy:”Thank you.” House:”I meant me.Someone else looks simply stunning.That was you.” <3

• Danielle says:

HouseMD I know what you mean, I looked at a tv guide magazine article about the finale this season and there was that freaking quote from DS as caption on a pic of House something like “What not to expect in the finale, a Huddy reunion, it ain’t gonna happen,” DS. Which makes me doubt a little but then again DS and GY are notorious for jerking things around, much like the premire that was filmed then not used. Even with that, still makes me hope that we’ll get something I”m sure it won’t be a complete Huddy episode but sounds like from all the stuff I have read, it will be dramatic, and even with all the speculation of negativeity I shall remain a hopefully Huddy!

50. HouseMD says:

In Serbia we say: “Hope last dies.” ;)
    So that’s all we can do.