Exclusive: House Creator on the Huddy Bombshell and What Lies Ahead

Warning: If you have yet to watch Monday night’s episode of House, run — don’t walk — to the nearest emergency exit. Everyone else, onward and downward…

To all the Huddy fans out there, I am sorry for your loss.

In the closing minutes of this week’s much-hyped, retro-tastic House, Cuddy (played by Lisa Edelstein) pulled the plug on her months-long romance with Dr. Crankypants (Hugh Laurie) after she uncovered his latest deep, dark deception: He needs Vicodin in order to be a good boyfriend.

To make matters worse, the breakup triggered a full-on relapse for TV’s most prolific drug-addicted MD. In short, the long-running drama changed the game once again, and series creator David Shore is here with an exclusive post mortem.

TVLINE | Why did you break up House and Cuddy?
We knew it wasn’t going to last forever. We knew it couldn’t last forever. We had it mapped out since the beginning of the season that it was going to last almost exactly this long. It’s like anything else we do on the show. We go, “Let’s explore that. And once we’ve exhausted the exploration, let’s move on.” Now we move on to what it’s like for the two of them to be broken up, which is different than [anything] we’ve seen. And it all has to come back to the reality of these characters. I believe these characters are in love with each other. And I believe in a certain way they always will be. But I also believe House is not a good boyfriend. House is not a good spouse. He’s got deep issues, and the reasons Cuddy breaks up with him are very valid. Taking House down an ultimately happy road just seems unrealistic.

TVLINE | Is it fair to say the breakup will stick?
Yeah, it’s fair to say that. I can’t [say they're done] forever, but we don’t want to jerk the audience around.

Lisa Edelstein on House‘s Uncertain Future: Nobody Wants to See it Go Off the Air

TVLINE | When you were outlining the story, did you leave yourself some wiggle room in case, you know, the romance proved successful beyond anyone’s imagination?
That’s always a possibility. You never know how things are going to unfold. My bigger concern was that putting them together was going to damage the dynamic of the show. But I think we pulled it off. It was a tricky thing. Keeping House as House and keeping Cuddy as Cuddy [while in this] relationship was important to us. And it was challenging.

TVLINE | Were the elaborate fantasy sequences a way to cushion the blow for Huddy fans? Like, maybe they’ll be too transfixed by all the pretty bells and whistles to be too upset about the split?
No. If anything I was worried we’d piss them off more with the sequences. [Laughs] Whenever you do something [different], you get scared that you’re going to do it badly and that you’re going to alienate people. And it was important that we do it in a House-like way, and I think we pulled it off. I don’t expect unanimous consensus, but I’m happy with what we did.

TVLINE | How did the idea for the fantasy elements come up?
There was talk at one point about doing each act [of the episode] in a different genre, which I think would’ve been bad; it would’ve worn thin. And then we realized that there was an opportunity to do that in a limited extent. We used them to throw little grace notes out there that were important to the story.

TVLINE | House, it seemed, officially fell back off the wagon at the end of the episode. Is he back to square one now?
He’s certainly back on Vicodin. Probably fair to say he’s back to square one.

House Casting Scoop: Cuddy’s Mom Returns!

TVLINE | So, was his entire recovery period all for naught?
That’s the [big] question. That’s the challenge going forward. It’s frankly a timely issue out there. [Laughs] Staying clean is an ongoing challenge. And it doesn’t happen without slips. Sometimes extended and serious slips.

TVLINE | Would it be correct to assume that if House can’t be happy with Cuddy, he can’t be happy with anyone?
It’s going to be a challenge with anyone. Cuddy, on the face of it, was his best hope. But hope doesn’t die easily. And striving for happiness is not something that you can easily walk away from.

Thoughts on this week’s House? Did you love the fantasy elements but loathe the demise of Huddy? Or is it the other way around? Share your thoughts in comments.

Comments (880)

• I just want House to have what he wants. I just love him with all his faults and that is why I hated it when Cuddy broke up with him. I didn’t like the “fantasy/hallucinations” portions in some episodes of this season. They just turn me off and make “House” not the “House” I enjoy so much. I wish the writers/producers would stay away from it and go back to the old format we all love so much.

Comment by Grace – March 9, 2011 10:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree, I really Did NOT like this episode! I love house too, after so many years, all this amazing character gets is a few months? :(

Comment by foreverhuddyfan – March 11, 2011 02:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I stopped watching House mid-way through season 5 and didn’t watch any of season 6. I was sick of the same tired addiction storyline over and over again, where the other characters beat up on House even though they’re all as dysfunctional as he is. House’s relationship with Cuddy brought me back to the show. I really enjoyed seeing a more positive House who still maintained his sarcastic self.

Now? We get drugged-out, angry, bitter House back? And get to watch him mooning over Cuddy? Guess which show is going off of my DVR?

What a waste. God forbid a character can grow and be happy.

Comment by Kat – March 9, 2011 12:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • AMEN!

Comment by F*** THE SHOW FROM HERE ON – March 9, 2011 04:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They have to make things interesting so they need to bring back Sela Ward as STACY WARNER.

Comment by Aque – March 9, 2011 12:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The show has held my interest through this episode. I did not watch early on, but caught reruns. House’s attitude and drug addiction
    wear thin after a while. Thought the two hour rehab story was one of the best. The next season was the best as House worked through
    his problems and eventually got to be with the woman he loved.
    To see a continually progress toward normality would have been nice, maybe with a few slip ups. There are many areas that were not explored. I kept thinking something would happen to Rachel and House would be the hero when he diagnosed her. I would have like to have seen him become attached to her and less self centered. Also
    would like to see House go into his childhood. What made him the way he is? That would be interesting. All that being said, it is time to kill the show guys. The story is over has been told, and I don’t see anything but deterioration from here.

Comment by victoria – March 9, 2011 01:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I understand the typical formula for the episodes of House…with this show…there’s an opening scene…a man,woman, or child has episode of blood coming from any one of the number of orifices of the body….then, comes diagnosing the problem of that the patient has. It’s like clockwork, with the ususal 5 to 8 mis-diagnosing the patient’s affliction for. Why this wouldn’t kill the normal patient alone…well, it’s beyond me! In the middle of diagnosing the patient problems and looking for a cure…you have all this High DRAMA btw Cuddy-House-Wilson, or Foreman-Taub-Chase, or whomever! Then, AS EVERYBODY can always count on, Greg House is able to pull the correct diagnosis right outta his ASS! How? From an epihany he get’s from seeing something or talking with someone–it’s like a little light being turned on in his brain, whenever he talks and converses with SOMEONE! Or sees something. ANYBODY!! ANYTHING!! You can bet your sweet ass, House will see the light! And cure the patient! (This happens with EXACTLY 3 minutes left remaining in the show) IT HAPPENS EXACTLY–Like CLOCKWORK! WATCH FOR IT! YOU CAN BET ON IT! IT’S A SURE THING!! Then, once he cures the patient from his/her dreaded affliction, its on to the wrap-up. During the wrap-up period, sometimes they play some really lame and silly song, from some unknown amateur artist, that makes your ears BLEED!!

Oh Yeah! I DIDN’T enjoy those lame and different dream sequences in this “Bombshells” episode. I can look back and pinpoint that was the exact moments that led me to abandon this show!! For GOOD!!! I am afraid this is the beginning of the END for this show!! You can tell the 20 plus PRODUCERS and WRITERS of this series are RUNNING OUT OF IDEAS! With little interest left in this series, you’ll soon be seeing this series switching to another time slot– like the slow death of the FRIDAY at 10 O’clock hour!! Put this puppy out of his misery…before it becomes any worse!! PLEASE!!!

And as for Cuddy announcing she was a JEW!!? Who knew?? Maybe all those 20 plus Producers and Writers of this show did, but who else cared!! Next we’ll have CHASE coming “out-of-the-closet”, in some upcoming episode, telling ANYBODY that will listen to him, I AM GAY! AND PROUD OF IT!!

Comment by steven – March 9, 2011 04:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • David Shore can f. himself for all I care. I decided to give the show another chance after the travesty that was S6 and he managed to ruin it again because he’s an uncreative coward. I’m done.

Comment by Mariel – March 9, 2011 04:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • @Mariel
      you couldn’t have said it better! We wait and wait, and what so no one is entitled to happiness. Should we give up on hope too? F*** David crap!

Comment by EX-FAN – March 9, 2011 04:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • BYE BYE :)

Comment by lol – March 10, 2011 02:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I COULDNT HAVE SAID IT BETTER!!!!

Comment by foreverhuddyfan – March 11, 2011 02:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Everyone should boycott the show and not watch it any more until they fix the freakin’ mess they just created. At least if they were to break them up, it should be over something meaningful. DAVID SHORE IS AN ASS!

Comment by NOT WATCHING THE SHOW ANYMORE – March 9, 2011 04:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Lol, bitter, stupid, rabid huddy fangirls are so funny!

Comment by Ari – March 9, 2011 05:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • @Ari
        i think you are the one who is stupid and bitter. You love misery! Can’t stand watching people in love and happy.

Comment by Sam – March 9, 2011 05:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • People? Are you stupid? We’re talking about fictional characters here, lmao

Comment by lol – March 10, 2011 02:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • There’s no reason for all of us who can’t stand the huddy crap to be bitter: right now we’re glad that it’s finally over. Nope, the bitter ones are huddys, bitter, rude, moron and obnoxious.
          Let’s hope the show will back to what it used to be before the huddy nonsense

Comment by Jess – March 10, 2011 07:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree with you, Ari. Huddy sucked, and I think the show will get a lot more interesting again now that it’s finally over. And even though the Huddy fangirls may be the more vocal ones right now, I don’t think they’re really in the majority.

Comment by Jen409 – March 10, 2011 06:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Actually the huddys’ reaction to the end of the huddy mess is the only good thing about it: if I want to have a good laught all I ahve to do is reading some of their posts :)

Comment by Jess – March 10, 2011 07:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Haha, yes, we are ;). AND WE HATE DAVID SHORE!!!!!

Comment by foreverhuddyfan – March 11, 2011 02:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I obviously don’t have the time to read all the comments, but I think I side with the majority on this one. David Shore blew it big time, for reasons already expressed by several other people. I, for one, am moving on from the show I grew to love over the past 7 years. I was thrilled they were finally moving forward with the story and then I find out we are suddenly back to square one? Seriously? what have I been watching for the past 2 seasons, exactly? Sorry, Mr. Shore, but you just lost me as a viewer.

Comment by Tim – March 9, 2011 05:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Me too. David Shore and the writers are totally stupid. It’s one thing to destroy secondary characters’ relationships even kill them off, but give us a freakin’ break! Look at the simpsons – longest running series and you know why? Because we can always count on them, regardless of how wacky they are, to be a happy family that we grew to love. The fans have waited in hope and anticipation for so long. At least give us another season! At least if you are going to kill them off, then do it over something meaningful. Noone is perfect so if someone screws up (even though that was hardly a screw up) should they get the death penalty? How can we even respect Cuddy for this. If she loved him she wouldn’t dump him. But of course it’s not her fault, it’s Shore’s fault and he should be punished by losing his viewers and money in the process.

Comment by James – March 9, 2011 06:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That last scene was just heart-wrenching for me… We’ve never seen House so vulnerable as when he momentarily begged Cuddy not to break up with him. Sad to see them break up, but I guess I always knew he could never completely change… he did constantly frustrate me with his crappy boyfriendedness!

Comment by Sarah – March 9, 2011 07:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well, Cuddy wasn’t the only one pulling the plug. After reading Shore’s interview and him admitting that we are now back to “square one”, I am also breaking up with this show. It lasted long enough, but I grew tired of the constant jerking around. That is no way to treat your fans.

Comment by Mr. B – March 9, 2011 07:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It cheapened the whole previous season. All the progress House had made has been destroyed because the producers cannot think of nothing better than return the character to the depression of previous seasons. It’s been done. Felt cheated. Not watching again.

Comment by R L – March 9, 2011 07:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sorry Bueller,

Cameron has sailed. Would you really want this new and improved stuck up blonde and not just assertive but a bitch Cameron back? Season 4, yes. Season 5, yes. Season 6, no thanks.

They killed Cameron as surely as they did Amber. (Although I’m hoping that he’ll have some cool hallucinations this time. I’ve been waiting for Anne Dudek to pop up again.)

I was a Hameron fan before. I hated the idea of Huddy and I JUST started liking it. I have to say, this was an amazing break up scene. It worked, it was in character, and it did NOT backtrack on character development. It backtracked on House’s being clean, but that does not erase all that has happened. He’s a different person than the one who imagined sleeping with Cuddy. That’s why this relationship worked. And it’s the same reason it stopped working.

Comment by honestly – March 9, 2011 08:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m sorry, but I didn’t like the ending. I don’t think it is fair to the character (House)who is a recovering addict, to go through the fear of losing someone who made him feel complete, that brought joy (yes, joy because she didn’t put up with his garbage)and knew him for all his faults and failures. He went through therapy, to the point of being in an institute and comes out with hope of making a better life for himself. He is lucky to get into a relationship with a woman strong enough to deal with his personality and then tell us that she can’t handle it. 1. yes, a doctor knows about the falling off the wagon and the bad days, they know it is going to happen and are smart enough to know that if it looks too good to be true, it isn’t. 2. Cuddy has known House for years and knows his personality and she loves him. NO WOMAN who loves a man (and she has loved him for a long time)is going to walk away the first mistake the guy makes (after going sober)..granted there is the daughter, but Cuddy needs to make ground rules now. Stand by him and help him through this process of getting back on the wagon, not push him over the edge. I am very disappointed that they have written it showing her walking away. You are making Cuddy look very stupid and naive, and that is not a woman who runs a medical facility like the one she runs

Comment by Connie H – March 9, 2011 09:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think that House and Cuddy need to split for a while, Since he went back on the vicodin it was because of the pain Cuddy was going thru. He felt her pain. Cuddy can help him pull thru it again. But House will be House, Its the only way he can deal with his pain he sees in somebody else > Cuddy. DHe needs to work with him. If she accepts him for who he is and his love,then you stay with him and help him if you really love him. Let me on theshow I will fill House’s needs and hurt and help him thru his crisis. LOVE always for HOUSE.

Comment by HAPPY – March 10, 2011 05:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thank goodness Huddy is finally dead, I was getting so sick of it. So I love Bombshell for their breakup and the fantasy sequences, specially the zombie one!

Comment by Jen409 – March 10, 2011 06:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not only the huddy crap it’s over, the huddytards are saying that they’re done with the show: bye bye, morons, bye and bye :D

Comment by Jess – March 10, 2011 07:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Sure, you certainly come out as very mature and down to earth.

Comment by Tim – March 10, 2011 07:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I’m having so much fun with you huddys, I could care less of what you think

Comment by Jess – March 10, 2011 07:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Well we dont care what you think! I bet you are just as miserable as House was, or is now, so you want to kill all his hope too >:(

Comment by foreverhuddy – March 11, 2011 02:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Well, you cared enough to read and comment! Goodbye, stupid huddies, you won’t be missed

Comment by Lmao – March 12, 2011 03:29 AM PDT
  • It’s not the fact that House and Cuddy broke up that bothers me (because I never cared that much about them). But the execution was cheap and so were their reasoning. They really had to press the “reset” button to break them up? I’m sorry, but I actually enjoyed watching House making progress, struggling to grow. The fact that Shore now says we are back to “square one” is such a slap in the fact and disrespectful to anyone who has been watching the show since the Pilot.

I’m giving the show a couple more episodes to see where it’s headed, but it certainly doesn’t look promising to me.

Comment by Mark – March 10, 2011 07:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “Did you love the fantasy elements but loathe the demise of Huddy?”
    I loathed both, to be honest. Im so tired of all the gimmicks and plot devices of this show. And House having a complete turnaround and going back on vicodin is such an insult to fans, really. And the promo for next week’s episode looks like a complete travesty. What a joke this show has become.

Comment by Lea – March 10, 2011 07:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • LOL! Huddies think they make up a sizeable portion of House viewers. That is RICH!

Comment by Kelly – March 10, 2011 08:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They don’t.I could care less about the huddy whatever. it’s about the writing and storytelling, it has become a joke and horrible. put this show out of it’s misery by ending it.

Comment by Sissy – March 10, 2011 09:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I WILL HAVE YOU KNOW THAT HUDDIES RULE THE HOUSE FAN BASE!

Comment by sophia – March 11, 2011 02:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Honestly? This week’s episode was an insult to my intelligence. I don’t know about most people here, but I, for one, never cared for House and Cuddy together – yet their break up was an absolute travesty, not because it happened but because of the build up – or lack thereof. Furthermore, I believe David Shore either needs to resign or hire new writers because the constant moving forward and then yelling “Just kidding” is incredibly disrespectful to the audience, in my opinion.

Then again, to me it’s nothing but a TV Show – and now one I will no longer watch. Thank God for HBO and AMC.

Comment by Phil – March 10, 2011 09:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s time for the show to end. the episode was embarrassing, especially the end…I am sick of self pity House. I am sick of the VICODIN and I am sick of the no happiness CRAP and I am sick of the character assassination, especially on Cuddy, I don’t think I can look at her the same (what a hypocrite). I am moving on to a different show and I hope everyone who hated it does. This show has no more stories to tell but miserable House, life is not always about misery writers, try to find some happiness yourselves!

Comment by Sissy – March 10, 2011 09:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So much for hope for all of us trying to get better from whatever probelms we have. Shore just said “Your stuck with what you got, live with it and don’t even try”. Cuddy and House have to get back together. He can still be a pain in the ass and a smart aleck but they make each other whole. Since there are no successful relationships on this show i can only think the producers have no successful relations ships themselves and hate anyone who does.

Shore and others may think misery sells. Which it does but only if there is hope for happiness. They just killed that hope. Say good bye to House as it will soon drop like a stone in the ratings. Another relatuionship for either of them will not work. They have to be together.

Comment by John T – March 10, 2011 09:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • A happy House just isn’t House. Welcome back, grouchy, pill-poppin’, hurtin’, soft-deep-down doctor!

Comment by Donne – March 10, 2011 10:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Gonna give this show a couple more episodes, but I can clearly see where it’s headed and it’s not something I would find enjoyable. Having said that, I was completely disappointed in this week’s episode but am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. We’ll see.

Comment by Brian – March 10, 2011 10:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I do not like to have ended the relationship with the Caddy &House, thanks to the series has become more interesting. If we go back to the fact that House is a great diagnostician and only the medical puzzles solved will be very boring. Already been through this before for four seasons. The seventh season was the best so far. House solve puzzles medical loved Cuddy, and probably at some point would have fixed it. Maybe people do not change, but it is perfect. Perhaps the writers have no idea on this pair, I do not have, because I’m a mathematical mind and I can not think of a scenario. But I really just another season with the medical achievements of House will be boring. None of the emerging women will not be so smart I am Cuddy. Any other will be able to cheat. And Cuddy knows him. And he loves her in his own way. Her should forgive him. I want to have returned Huddy.

Comment by Magda – March 10, 2011 12:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • does anybody know the song played for next weeks preview of house where he is lying in bed and then on the balcony ? I would love to know the name of the song and artist .

Comment by rondi – March 10, 2011 02:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I agree with Gary completely…Cuddy should be more understanding of House and his addiction. True, they probably do not belong in a relationship, but this was a very unlikely way for them to break it off.

Comment by Suzan – March 10, 2011 06:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I never wanted them to put House and Cuddy together, but since they have been, I’ve enjoyed seeing House happy. Now, I’m pissed that they’re resorting to the drug relapse thing. Really, we’re going to have to go through all that again? Recycling that plot is just lazy writing.

As for Shore jerking us around. He’s already done that; that train has left the station.

I want House to be happy. I’m fine with him being brilliant and annoying and downright mean and grumpy. He should find someone. I’m fine with it not being Cuddy, but he should fine someone.

Comment by eviltwit – March 10, 2011 06:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ve been watching House since it first was shown on TV. I have enjoyed the teasing with House and Cuddy over the years. But i did enjoy when they got together the most. The viewers got to experience a different House then what we had seen for the past 6 seasons. HUDDY should have been given longer.

Comment by Clare – March 10, 2011 07:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • House and Cuddy needed to break up. There were at least three episodes that mainly focuses on the relationship. The relationship, in my personal opinion, is going to ruin the show if continued. Shore made the right decision.
    Come to think of it, no love-relationship has ever had a happy ending in House: House and Cameron in season 1, House and Stacy in season 2, Wilson and Amber in season 4, Chase and Cameron in season 6, Wilson and Sam in season 7. I think this is part of the reason that made this show so popular. People who is trying to find love, or failed countless times, will find comfort in the show. For people who found love or are happily married, the show would make them feel how lucky they are.
    While I felt very sad about the break up, it needed to be done…

Comment by RC – March 10, 2011 08:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Unfortunately being in Bangkok I am usually a year behind in episodes. Not surprised House is back on Vicodan. Being in cronic myself for the last 23 years I have found that once you are completely off pain medication you are left with a perfectly clear mind to contemplate the pain you are still in. So it comes to a choice live in pain and suffer or take the medication which at least allows you to work and live your life. Easy to judge when you are not in pain a lot harder if you are the one that is suffering.

Comment by Bandot – March 10, 2011 08:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would like to see an ‘really-over-the-top-Vicodin-abuse-and-beeing-an-ass’ House episode. Especially after this girlie romance arch.

Comment by Dan – March 10, 2011 10:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • how many years have we waited for house and cuddy to get it together? and now, after a few short months it’s over? seriously? is that the best we get? it’s not like she didn’t know he was an addict. so she’s a heartless bitch for bailing on his first slip? oh i hate this. he’s going to be even MORE unhappy than before. is that fair?

aargh.

Comment by eddie fl – March 11, 2011 07:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • So true!! This is very upsetting!!!!!

Comment by Sophia – March 11, 2011 02:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well, I tuned back in this season after that bs from the prior season of House fantasizing he slept with Cuddy turning out to be not real. Enjoyed the episodes and loved the happier House, put up with the girl doctor while wondering when Thirteen was coming back, now to see House & Cuddy break up. That’s it for me… Yup this fan is out… Really wish Huddy would’ve made it

Comment by Nesha – March 11, 2011 10:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m annoyed that the producers teased us. I’m sick of seeing House be House. I liked it when he was with Cuddy and he grew up a little/was happy. Frankly, their relationship was the ONLY interesting thing about this season. The cases are getting boring and the show too formulaic. It’s ridiculous to say that House can only be a good doctor if he’s miserable.

Comment by Leah – March 11, 2011 01:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • House and Cuddy were made for eachother and I think everyone knows it. This was a horrible ending. So thanks a lot, David Shore for puting a big downer in my life. I loved seeing House happy and Im really going to miss it. Nothing would make more sense that to bring Huddy back. House is cranky and sometines jerky, but hes a great guy too, he always has been and he deserves happiness. Cuddy is his only happiness and Killing Huddy is killing hope. Huddy is the best thing that ever happened to the show and I think all Huddy fans would agree that nothing would make us happier than if Cuddy took House back. That relationship was very special and nobody is going to forget it.

Everyone deserves love! PLEASE BRING HUDDY BACK!!!!! :( :(

Comment by foreverhuddyfan – March 11, 2011 02:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • no me gusta para nada House y cuddy eran la pareja ideal para mii lejos esta fue la mejor temporada house por fin se veía enamorado ojala que después vuelvan o no veo mas esta serie

Comment by cony – March 11, 2011 07:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It was weird. I liked the old House, but I also liked to see House happy for a change. He has been through a lot and he kind of deserves it.He tried hard, but it seem out of character a bit. But, I must say that I never really liked th e way Cuddy was with him. She wanted to be with him even after he told him that he always messes things up, and then, she expects him to be perfect and not give him a chance. Weird. Cuddy has always been pretty unrealistic and hateful. I guess I just don’t like her character at all. First, her stupid relationship with the detective and now this. She is even more damaged than House. I wouldn’t miss her if she left for good.

Comment by carli – March 11, 2011 07:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • seriously? i am so upset. it breaks my heart. i wanted house and cuddy to be together. i thought they stayed true to the character of house even when he was with cuddy. house and cuddy are the best part of the show.

Comment by amanda – March 12, 2011 01:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I agree with many of the people who have posted, for many years I have looked foword to every episode . Have not missed one sense it started. After Cuddy broke up with house, And the writers started House on the pills again, I believe it is time to end the show. It has been a GREAT show, but I think it is time to say good by. I Don’t want the writers be like Brett Farve, and linger on after your time has come & gone :-)

Comment by RG – March 13, 2011 09:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sad to see Cuddy-House end. I still miss Cameron and wish they would bring both her and 13 back and mix it up again. somebody has to have a good relationship. Can’t stand the new girl. She is not sexy like Cameron or 13 and they are trying to make her an updated Cameron. It can’t be done. Cameron was the absolute best. What happened to her being in ER? That made more characters and more of a chance for fun episodes. Hope Cuddy and House get back together even if for a short flirtation.

Comment by sue roesler – March 14, 2011 11:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i dont know if Im happy or sad about the breakup.. at least its a storyline and I will continue to watch.. however the thing I didnt like about the last 3 episodes was the way they almost had them break up in each one… I had read a spoiler that they were going to break up and then i was behind on the last few shows (just watched all of them this past monday) and they felt very disjointed in their storylines about the relationship.. I liked when house was doing his work and the relationship between him and cuddy was part of that story.. even the way he had to worry about whether to be a boyfriend or a doctor when asking cuddy for things at the hospital. That was interesting.. but in the episode where cuddy is mad at House and he goes to the preschool and tries to get her daughter in.. That did not feel right to me.. i dont think that Cuddy would just look around at the mess that House makes and get mad. I think she would call him on it. The fact that they just did a preschool story with rachel and it was cute with house trying to educate her how to use the toys really took away from this story.. I mean cuddy had a secret school that she really wanted to get rachel in? that was just weird.. Whoever did the writing on this episode doesnt know a lot about relationships.. Then on the next episode whre out of the blue Cuddy wsa getting an award at a charity event and house said he would be there and then his patient died and he didnt go.. Now part of that was interesting.. because would he have gone had the patient not died? But the whole drunk part at the end where it seemed like house was going to break up with Cuddy.. only to have him say he chooses her over anything else.. It was too much and then the very next week cuddy breaks up with him.. Anyone who knows him in the breakup episode could tell he was worried about her.. even when he tried to say he wasnt…or tell her nothing was wrong.. I think that even though House had to use vicodin to be there.. Cuddy shouldve understood that and given him a second chance….

Comment by Janie – March 18, 2011 09:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • huddy sucks
    and huddies ate so bitter, too funny

Comment by Ariel – March 18, 2011 06:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Vicodin is back! Relationship-free Huddy tension is back! Hilson is back! Hookers are back! Funny-angsty House is back!!!

I can finally watch the show again :D :D :D :D :D :D

Comment by Alex – March 21, 2011 09:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think that the show will never be the same again!!

Comment by Gertrude – March 21, 2011 05:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love reading these and seeing everyone’s opinions, I have to say I can agree and disagree with a bit of everything.
    Last season when House was becoming sober and going to rehab was something a true House fan probably struggled with, who wants our angry, cranky, Dr. Gregory House sober and talking about his feelings?
    However, I did want House and Cuddy to work. As said by previous people, I loved the sexual tension between then for the past six seasons so testing the waters was always a good idea — but the fact is, as much as I hate to admit it, it really was never going to work. House is a 40 year old child, and always will be. As much as we want our lovely Dr. House to end up with someone, being with Cuddy softened his harsher, sarcastic image, which changed the mood of House for this season.

I’m interested to see what’s to come for Princeton-Plainsboro and what’s in store for the Cuddy/House fiasco.
    Also, I agree with one of the previous posts — House and Stacy together would be my pick if House were to end up with someone. Their chemistry is undeniable.

Comment by Marissa – March 22, 2011 08:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You know, I was actually enjoying the show until they unrealistically broke them up. Why watch a show that is static and keeps returning to suicidal Vicadin addict? It seems that everytime some emotional development occurs in a character, the writers destroy it in order to supposedly “protect the integrity of his character”. For me, it definitely destroys his character for me because they’re basically showing me that a depressed addict who hates his life is all that they’re going to let him be. Just ridiculous because people change. Thanks for the heads up, taking away any hope we had of them getting back together. Last few episodes without Huddy were completely bland. Ratings going down! Whatever. Can’t stand watching this anymore. And I used to love this show.

Comment by Dissappointed – April 19, 2011 06:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • First of all,this episode was awesome.It was DIFFERENT.And it was great.I can’t believe that someone didn’t like it(except the break up).
    And why would anyone be happy about their break up?I mean for 6 seasons they were flirting and most of us wanted to see them finally together.I think they are fantastic together and that they will be together again…
    You all say “I hate what this show has become…”…It hasn’t become any different,they just made House in love,and he deserves it.
    I really can’t believe what some people write about this show.If you don’t like it,don’t watch it.. -.-

Comment by HouseMD – April 24, 2011 06:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Very good points HouseMD I reread this article as we are so close to the end of the season and dare I out myself as a Huddy, BTW I will be out for blood DS, KJ, and GY if season 7 doesn’t end with Huddy, ok insert all negative comments to burst my bubble here, but when I look at this article again it is a contradiction in itself. First he says “we knew it couldn’t last, blah blah and then a few questions later makes the comment about Cuddy on the “face of it being the best hope” and that hope is hard to kill or die and that striving for hapiness isn’t something “you can walk easily away from” this implies to me that yeah we need to expect the episodes where they act like children coming off a high school relationship but I still think there is a chance, something dramatic will happen in true House style that will make them both realize their mistake and allow us Huddies to throw away the antidepressants. I’m really hoping I’m not just reading between the lines here, but I think my idea has some merit and sounds like the style of the show.

Comment by Danielle – May 1, 2011 10:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yeah,it’s really contradiction…I don’t know what to think anymore.
    I’m hopping too. :)
    How couldn’t you love when he said that he choose her above saving everyone???Or…House:”Someone looks lovely tonight.” Cuddy:”Thank you.” House:”I meant me.Someone else looks simply stunning.That was you.” <3

Comment by HouseMD – May 5, 2011 03:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • HouseMD I know what you mean, I looked at a tv guide magazine article about the finale this season and there was that freaking quote from DS as caption on a pic of House something like “What not to expect in the finale, a Huddy reunion, it ain’t gonna happen,” DS. Which makes me doubt a little but then again DS and GY are notorious for jerking things around, much like the premire that was filmed then not used. Even with that, still makes me hope that we’ll get something I”m sure it won’t be a complete Huddy episode but sounds like from all the stuff I have read, it will be dramatic, and even with all the speculation of negativeity I shall remain a hopefully Huddy!

Comment by Danielle – May 5, 2011 06:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • In Serbia we say: “Hope last dies.” ;)
    So that’s all we can do.

Comment by HouseMD – May 12, 2011 05:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh my gawd you took the words out of my mouth and I feel like you represent a large population.

I think the day and age of unhappy characters is out. Can House please be happy again?

Comment by Drea – March 7, 2011 09:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I feel like you! TV was an excape from my life, wich by the way is not what we a happy life… House being happy with Cuddy let my happy but when they split up it was like the end of my happiness! House is my favorite Tv show and that is where I found happiness it’s like my happy place.
    I think they should bring this relationship back again!!
    I already feel like crap,so don’t spoil House’s life even more -let him and Cuddy be happy- because after all what they said to eachother they need to be together!

Comment by Tania – March 8, 2011 03:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You are so right. The only reason David Shore split Cuddy and House up is because he wants to keep the show going forever, and he’s the one scared of change — he’s so scared to let House find happiness because of the risk that it’ll ruin his amazing super show. But nothing lasts forever, not even shows, and this one’s just going round and round in pointless circles now that House is back on drugs. Thanks very much for making the character flat, the arguments circular, and thanks for making House look like a lab rat running constantly in an exercise wheel. He deserves more than that. Cuddy deserves more than that. They deserve to be with each other! They’re IN LOVE, you can’t just ruin that because you’ve finished exploring the concept. Thanks for not taking any of the fans of this relationship into consideration. Bastards. I can’t watch anymore. I’ve had it. I was going to keep watching, because I had hope that they might get back together, but you couldn’t even leave me with hope — no, you had to “not jerk the fans around”. Hope-killers. You’re really enjoying this. You suck.

Huddy Forever!

Comment by C – March 8, 2011 04:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’M SOOOOO DEPRESSED! GET HUDDY BACK TOGETHER… AND SOON!!

Comment by Valerie – March 8, 2011 08:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • David Shore, please get them back together. I am, somewhat pathetically, really sad today because of last night’s episode.

Comment by Sad fan – March 8, 2011 09:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Exactly what I wanted to say. This sucks even more than real life

Comment by Giulia – March 8, 2011 09:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I KNOW! I actually wet to bed sad!

Comment by AG – March 8, 2011 10:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m also disappointed… They were so good together, and the show stayed the same, each episode’s story was great, I was waiting for the new episodes to air… Now… After reading this interview, and the previous episode, I’m not sure at all… :(

Comment by Bethany – March 8, 2011 10:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Really?? It’s not Shore’s fault you hate your life. He’s not writing it to keep YOU happy. Be grateful you have a great show to watch. You have a TV to watch and a place to watch it in. Roll with it (Huddy breakup) and see what happens…

Comment by Pens4Eva – March 8, 2011 10:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Honestly, I don’t know if I will watch the show anymore. I mean, as it is, it seems as if the storyline has pulled away from why I watched it in the first place. I liked to see the process of House and the team curing the seemingly uncurable. You pulled me away from that to explore this “Huddy” relationship, so then I got pulled into that… and now you broke them up so basically the show is just done for me. What’s left?

Comment by Kelsey – March 8, 2011 10:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • yeah, I was completely shocked after the episode, what is wrong with house being happy?

Comment by penny – March 8, 2011 10:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I 100% agree with James post. House being miserable ALL the time, and having life and everything kick him ALL the time – is not that entertaining. I love this show – and I was at my happiest when House and Cuddy were together. And I feel they didn’t give it long enough time. There were sooo many other ways they could’ve written the story – they didn’t have to break them up. If they made it thru her mother visiting – they “should” make it though anything. I’m sad now. :(

Comment by Joan – March 8, 2011 10:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I couldn’t agree more.

I’m so sick of House being on Vicodin. I’M SO SICK OF IT. They’ve done it for five years. Enough already. I for once got see House being funny and enjoying himself (….and Cuddy). And I loved it!

Now he’s back on vicodin. Everyone’s going to be worried. He’ll say how he’s fine. And then some dramatic thing will happen where he’s close to dying. Same story over and over.

Comment by B – March 8, 2011 11:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Watching “House” can definitely be a form of escapism, but who in the world would watch it to feel joy? You must know by now that this is not feel-good show. If you watch “House” to escape an awful life, your lack of judgement suggests you have have deeper troubles than a TV show an allay.

Comment by Wharfrat – March 8, 2011 11:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I agree! Frankly, I felt betrayed last night, and everything felt VERY out of character, and contrary to the growth we have seen in House and Cuddy the last season and a half. House would NOT have had trouble providing comfort to Cuddy. Not the same House that has learned so much, and has even established a fledgling relationship with Cuddy’s child. Cuddy would also have been more understanding of House’s slip (though I still maintain House would not have MADE the slip). I have been pretty happy with the show’s progression over the years, it just seems like if this is what you are going to do, go slam back to square one, you as well just end the show this season because you have just nullified any and all character growth. Very disappointed, and the fantasy scenes were just a sucky distraction.

Comment by JB – March 8, 2011 11:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • EXACTLY!!!! I hate to say it but seeing someone else have some hope to totally recovering the lives help people with real addictions know not to give up too. Our supporters never quit, (OK sometimes out of frustration) but they are there and you can be happy. REALITY BITES!

Comment by angelnmaking – March 8, 2011 12:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I totally agree. They think that the Huddy relationship messed with dynamics of the show, but I really think it finally add that missing factor. After 6 seasons of pain, finally there was hope for him, which means there’s hope for us all. It wasn’t depressing to watch anymore. But after last night, I was just mad. The dream sequences were great, but that didn’t make up for the fact that I was just mad after it was over. I see House falling into a giant downward spiral and ending up in a very dark place – a place where even his medical puzzles won’t draw his interest anymore.

Comment by Candice – March 8, 2011 01:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t believe that you broke them up. It was one thing that you had going good for this season. You save the rest of the show for the week of Halloween.

Comment by Rod – March 8, 2011 02:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My thoughts exactly.

Comment by ... – March 8, 2011 03:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • hey ya want some cheese to go with that whine. David Shore did us all a favor. House could never be happy with Cuddy

Comment by cheese – March 8, 2011 06:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i feel the same way. its fun to escape and worry about an imaginary life and get involved with other’s feelings even though they aren’t real. i loved House with Cuddy. it made me happy as well..and now i just wanna cry for him. its so sad.

Comment by Megan – March 8, 2011 06:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I agree with you 100%! I’ve been a fan of the show since day one and this was disappointing for me.
    I am upset that after I waited all this time for House to get clean and for Cuddy and him to become an item they’re now going to take the series right back to the beginning.
    You may not agree with this but I was actually wishing that Cuddy would become pregnant with House’s baby.

Comment by Jessie – March 8, 2011 10:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I agree with you 100%! I’ve been a fan of the show since day one and I find this plot twist to be disappointing to say the least.

Comment by Jessie – March 8, 2011 10:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have to say that the extra’s made my husband and I feel that the writers are running out of ideas and need to find a way to fill in the time. Also, we where very upset about the break up. This is the only show that we look forward to watching and it has been nice to see House and Cuddy together and happy for once. I think there could have been a lot more options.

Comment by Dawn G. – March 9, 2011 11:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • He didn’t kill a romance or love, he killed the show! A**!!

Comment by DAVID SHORE IS AN ASS – March 9, 2011 04:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 100% true. I couldnt agree more! if only More people listened to this logic! I think its the popular opinion too.

Comment by Sophia – March 11, 2011 02:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You’re absolutely right!
    I really do not want to keep on watching House, if Huddy is not going to come back. Why should I? It is not fun. Even when they were together, they were mostly argueing about their relationship and less having one. The break up is the real damage to the show. And I found 7X16 extremely unbelievable.

Comment by Maxi – March 15, 2011 09:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I agree with you James. I said exactly the same thing after the break up episode: I watch TV to escape reality, not be reminded about my day as a social worker. And it makes me happy to see that the writers were successfully handling House and Cuddy. And on the same token, I think that House and Cuddy staying together IS realistic. House was still sarcastic, nasty to patients, self-centered, but he was actually TRYING!!!! And trying with all his might, to engage in a relationship and change his ways. Because that’s what people do when they’re in relationships: they give up behaviors and habits to make the other person happy. And I found it amusing/adorable that House tried to please her but was still himself. Like when he taught Rachel the parts of the test and snuck around behind Cuddy’s back. When you truly love someone, you are also willing to overlook a lot of hurts and mistakes, as long as the person is willing to at least TRY to change. That’s all I ever ask of the other person in the relationship. And that’s all my girlfriends ask of their boyfriends/fiances/husbands. And the only female clients that I have that are willing to break off a relationship over a slip up have serious personality disorders (which Cuddy does NOT), or have been with their significant other for over 15 years. So honestly, I thought this episode was poorly written and UNrealistic. Cuddy just goes out on a whim and breaks up with House in the middle of the night after she realizes he took Vicodin when he thought she might DIE? Would it be okay if he took a klonopin or xanax to deal with the situation? I know plenty of people that would, and no one would blame them for doing so. And I think that yes, House was an ass for not going to see her and support her, but she KNEW this about him before she got involved. She acted like she was so committed, and then all of sudden, she’s done? Retarded.

Comment by Reggie-na-na – March 17, 2011 07:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They just couldn’t let a good thing last *sad* :/

So is the message that no one can ever find happiness? There is no hope? We can never escape our problems and past failures? No one is capable of change for the better? I just find the episode depressing.

I liked House and Cuddy together, and to end it so quickly seems like a waste. And unrealistic. I mean these two have been secretly pining for each other for years, and know each other so well that I really was happy when they got together. It’s made me start watching house regularly again.

I think the break-up is unrealistic because Cuddy always knew House was addicted to Vicodin. Nothing “new” really happened in this episode. Cuddy is the dean of medicine I’m sure she knows relapse is very common among addicts. But she (at least I thought) recognized this challenge and accepted House even with his flaws. So when she nearly dies (which is a very stressful situation for a significant other to deal with)wit House relapses. But instead of being understanding and dealing with it like she has done so many times in the past h him she decides to end it? I don’t buy it. Just one episode before House tried to “end it” because she “made him a worse doctor” and she basically yelled at him.

This episode pissed me off big time. I did like Hugh’s musical number tho, he can really sing :) the zombie thing was cool too. But overall I dislike the direction of the show right now. I watch to enjoy myself, not to be reminded of break-up which I have experienced and don’t enjoy dwelling on. Hopefully the writers can make the show somewhat enjoyable to watch and not totally depressing as I anticipate it might be :/

p.s. I never did like the term “Huddy” though. It sounds campy & stupid. lol anyways that’s my two cents which I’m sure no one will read. Now I dislike Cuddy as I identify with House who is still completely awesome.

Comment by Paul – March 21, 2011 07:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would have to disagree with that statement. I might be one of the few to think so but the House character to me only works when he’s unhappy and being an ass to everyone. I never bought into the relationship with Cuddy in the first place so I was happy they broke up. I was even happier that they did it in away that stays true to the character of House. I’m not a big fan of this season, but I do think tonight’s episode made up for some of the disappointment I’ve had with the show recently. It was a well written and thought out episode, with a good musical number.

Comment by Rwings – March 7, 2011 09:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Who wants Gregory House to be happy all the time? What the hell show is this? I would recommend not watching the first few seasons if you don’t want to see a sad, angry, depressed, bitter House.

Comment by JohnDoe – March 7, 2011 09:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • House is at his best when he is mean and thoughtless and on pills the show was better and the story lines were better. I do not understand why people want him to change you fell in love with the persona of an addicted narsicist who has a great medical mind why change that?

Comment by joe – March 8, 2011 10:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • House just wouldn’t be House if he’s happy. Huddy couldn’t last. I much prefer House/Wilson dynamic.

Comment by toodygoodshoes – March 8, 2011 10:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I agree. I wanted House and Cuddy to work. She was his best chance for happiness. You wanted to change things, why couldn’t you have gottent rid of that twit girl that’s part of his team as a replacement for 13. She is the most annoying broad on the face of the earth!

Comment by Colleen Beamer – March 8, 2011 03:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I agree. I wanted House and Cuddy to work. She was his best chance for happiness. You wanted to change things, why couldn’t you have gotten rid of that twit girl that’s part of his team as a replacement for 13. She is the most annoying broad on the face of the earth!

Comment by Colleen Beamer – March 8, 2011 03:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I get the whole “WE WANT THE OLD HOUSE BACK” thing but seriously guys come on. House did not become the greatest TV show on the planet by following the stereotypical TV progression. House can’t stay miserable and unhappy forever. The show will never last and it will lose its dynamic and depth entirely. These personal side stories are what connects us to the characters, without them we wouldn’t understand them even remotely as well as we do now. To be honest it allows us to enjoy the medical mysteries much more then we would if we didn’t know them.

A perfect example is when I see the previews for the next episode every week, and the guest stars character is “clever” or “innocent” or w/e I can’t wait to hear Houses one liners and see what he does to “rip” them apart. At the same time though, I want to relate and experience the characters, not just the actions and situations.

Personally I was out of my chair cheering when House and Cuddy got together. IT WAS ABOUT DAMN TIME! It brings / brought a completely new set of rules to the table for house and the team. How could house still practice medicine the way he does (exploiting Cuddy emotionally, manipulating etc.) while never crossing that moral line and still being able to show her he loves her and genuinely really cares. We all know House wasn’t going to be all nice and giddy, look at his track record – for 6 seasons there have been TONS of moments I thought House would have been emotional or changed, and he NEVER has. So when this came bulleting down the barrel I was definitely caught off guard. I saw a brief glimpse of happiness & hope for him, and its starting to fade away :( DAMN! Though I really love the symbolism, I hope they keep Huddy on the forefront because that IS the big hope for house, and we all understand both of the characters extremely well. Whatever the writers decide to do, I hope they keep the awe factor involved. I’m at a point right now in which I can’t really predict where it is going to go, either way – I’ll be tuning in every single week and will have hope unconditionally for House. The audience may be a little upset right now but you guys have set us up PERFECTLY for something awesome, I mean just look at how much emotion is stirring in the community, and seeing what you’ve done for the past seasons finales – I know our jaws will be on the floor by the end of this one.

Comment by Cody – March 28, 2011 03:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I couldnt really care less about weather house and cuddy are together or not, however i find it ridiculous that people are calling this episode amazing. Cuddy breaking up with house in that situation is ridiculous, and irrational. Cuddy knows house is an addict, she knows this is the most stressful situation hes been in since hes been clean, and being a doctor… she knows the implications of that anyone in her position would either forgive house or at least stick by his side through the fight to stay clean. non-sensical writing. If they were gonna breakup they should have done it without pulling the addiction into it

Comment by Gary – March 7, 2011 09:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • @Gary: I disagree completely. Cuddy has a child to think about, and she can’t risk Rachel being cared for by (or even around) someone who’s not sober. Yes, she knows how recovery works, but IMO that’s exactly why she should have stayed away from the relationship in the first place and it’s just taken her longer than it should have to realize that. Nobody owes it to anyone to “stick by their side through the fight to stay clean” – that’s a fight that leaves a lot of collateral damage, and it’s up to Cuddy (or any individual) whether she personally wants to put up with that damage and risk it affecting Rachel as well. Nobody is a bad person for not wanting or being able to see an addict through recovery – only the addict is responsible for his or her own recovery.

Comment by b – March 7, 2011 11:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t believe there is another person who thinks the same as me. I never bought into House and Cuddy’s relationship exactly because I could never see House in a romantic relationship with anyone. It just doesn’t seem true to House’s character, or at least to House’s character that we have loved all the seasons prior to this one.

Comment by Christine – March 8, 2011 07:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I agree, House will never be completely happy with anyone. He tried to please her, but that didn’t fit his character. And addiction is just that. There is always that sword hanging that things will go wrong and the person can’t handle the stress. I was confused at first what was happening, but it comes together in the end.

Comment by Jean – March 8, 2011 10:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes, I am with you. Never liked the House/Cuddy relationship. Have hated the season with them together. Cheered when she broke up with him. Was afraid they were going to kill her off, didn’t want that! Not that I like the fact that he went back to the drugs, but I want the old house back. I liked the zombie sequence but the rest of it was killing me. I wish they would go back to the cases.

Comment by Barbara – March 8, 2011 10:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Personally, I wish they would bring Stacy back. The chemistry between her and House was FAR better than anyone else they’ve ever put with him. If they do decide to pair him with someone as the series ends, I hope it’s her. (Even if she does have another show now.)

Comment by Adrienne – March 8, 2011 10:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was sure Huddy was doomed from the start, so I wasn’t surprised. This show has been off track this season, especially the unrealistic Huddy relationship, and the musical numbers mad it even stranger. Let’s get back to the old House format.

Comment by Oldlady – March 8, 2011 10:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i agree, i kinda like the smart ass not happy house that is hooked on the drugs… i know im weird… but i like his angry/sarcastic humor. and it kinda slacked off with the relationship.

Comment by sarah keele – March 8, 2011 10:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I agree with Gary. That’s what bothered me about the break-up. She knew what she was (potentially) getting herself into. To expect “the perfect boyfriend” out of House after a few months – or ever, for that matter – was ridiculous.

Comment by Sasha – March 8, 2011 10:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I totally agree. Having been seriously involved with addicts in my past, both Cuddy and House are totally identifiable in their roles as addict and codependent. This episode was entirely appropriate and makes perfect sense. (Not to mentioned the awesome “musical interlude” which kept it from being totally dark otherwise. As much as we all would like to believe in “happily ever after”, an addict’s life is a tortuous one and they and everyone involved with them suffers. This relationship ended exactly as it should have and for the reasons it should. KUDO’s to programming….and for keeping this series real and changing the dynamics each season. I, too, was not a fan of their relationship but it was fun to see it develop even though it was painful to see it destroyed. It is what it is….. Hope this shows goes on for a long, long time!

Comment by Marsha – March 8, 2011 11:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I disagree, House can be happy as evidence by Stacy who sent House down the deep dark path in the first place. He wants to be happy, he needs to be happy, but they fact that he is an addict and has trust issues, keep him from being so. Being a phenomenal doctor is tired to his misery, but in my opinion, on his worse day he is better than most on their best day.

I agree that Cuddy has to think about her and her family. If she feels house cannot pull it together, than she is right to leave. However, she knew what she was getting into. She left Lucas, she made the decision to admit that she loves House and wants to be by his side. She knows by leaving him that he’s going to start abusing drugs again. Knowing what she knew/knows she should have made a decision and stuck with it.

The episode was weird, I thought it was going to be a musical episode, but turned into fantasy land. I didn’t hate it, but it could have been better.

I think the writers should find a way to strike a happy balance between House’s flaws and his happiness. I think to keep him away from being able to emotionally connect with someone is doing him a disservice and a copout. House needs someone to keep him stable and call/check him on his BS, if not. He’s headed to an early grave. The true character of House wasn’t always doom and gloom, he was happy and him becoming injured didn’t trigger his brilliance, so his happiness shouldn’t be the end of it.

Comment by Lbbennett504 – March 8, 2011 11:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Keeping true to the characters is what matters most but let’s not forget that people are influenced by their failures more than their successes. House wants to be loved and admired but knows that he doesn’t deserve it if his behavior toward others is his measuring rod. Cuddy wants to love a difficult man that is not awed by her position. She respects House because he can do what she can not and strong women in power NEED a man who is not easily caught. I think this show is incredibly well written, however, I would really NOT like to see musical numbers again appear in the script. It was a risk, you knew that, it worked for some viewers, didn’t for others and I agree that it’s time to really explore the human behavior that will take Huddy through the breakup without being a forgone conclusion as to human reaction. Surprise us David! We are an informed, educated audience. Please don’t forget that!

Comment by Linda – March 8, 2011 11:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have to agree, I am one of the few purists who thought the show suffered when they added the romance. And while the sitcom scenes and musical numbers showcased the other talents of the actors, I think they were hokey and did not add anything to the show. I watch House for its smart dialogs and storylines, I watch for the drama and subtle humor. The romance was a “jump the shark” moment, and I hope they get away from it and go back to the original formula. It worked.

Comment by Ange – March 8, 2011 01:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The last 3 episodes have been trash. I couldn’t care less about the House/Cuddy relationship. If they are together, that’s fine as long as every episode doesn’t have to be about how he’s going to screw it up next. If they aren’t together, that’s fine, too, but I did think that their relationship shouldn’t be the the main focus. The never-ending story-telling 2 episodes ago, when House did the whole school career day in the “Two Stories” episode was so boring that I considered turning it off more than once. And in this week’s episode “Bombshells,” I couldn’t stand all the dream sequences and the analogy of candy was ridiculous. If the writers don’t get back to the hard-hitting fast-paced dialogue about medical mysteries, which is where the character of House excels, I will stop watching. And it better improve really quickly.

Comment by JBug – March 8, 2011 04:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I, too, think House only works when he is horrible. And, since it is a tv show, and not real life, I have to admit that I am glad the character is back on pills. First of all, his total disregard for the stares and opinions of others as he popped his pill like (I will say it) “candy” spoke not only to his character, but to the real pain he has. Real chronic pain from his leg. Heartbroken (mean) pill-popping House is the guy I was interested in seeing when I started watching the show. “Clean” he lost his edge.

Comment by Barbara – March 9, 2011 10:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I agree your thoughts, House is and will always be the junky moron doctor, and I loooove it. Moreover this episode was amazing with the musical numbers. So I’m not very sad about the end of Huddy, I see it like a new nasty beginning for my favorite doctor ;)

Comment by Nawel – March 10, 2011 07:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “Hope-killers. You’re really enjoying this. You suck.
    Huddy Forever!”

I’m with you at 200% ! TPTB you ruined the show last night . Thanks !!!

Comment by Huddy – March 8, 2011 08:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I agree completely. Now that they’re broken up and he’s back on pills.. it’s just running in circles! There’s no growth, there is no progression, nothing. They should just start the show over again from episode one because that’s what it’s back to!

Huddy forever!

Comment by ladyofshalott – March 8, 2011 10:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow, seriously? Love killers? Hope killers? It’s a freaking TV show. And from the sounds of things you don’t even know what it’s about. Try watching from the first season. And those of you using it as a happy escape, try the Disney channel and quit complaining. Go write your own show if you don’t like the direction that it goes in, because the twists and turns keep people coming back for more. You’re acting like he broke up a real couple… FICTION people!

Comment by Drew – March 8, 2011 10:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • THANK YOU C.
    Seriously – don’t they think getting him clean and his on again off again love affair with Vicodin not considered a slip up on the road to recovery? That wasn’t enough?
    And really – you don’t think you have jerked us around with this episode?!?!?
    I think you were ‘exploring’just fine with the types of trials and tribulations you were giving Huddy just having to deal with daily procedural decisions in the workplace!
    I personally LOVED the references to The Walking Dead, 2 and a half men(down to the Charlie Sheen shirt!) and the 50′s black and white portion. After reading who they brought on for the musical segment – I felt that was a little disappointing. Theymade it sound like there would be an actual dancing scene beyond a few seconds that I saw.
    But even liking that couldn’t cushion the blow of his getting dumped AND falling off the wagon.
    Believe me – I know 1st handed the impact of what Cuddy told him at the door.
    But in all the attempts to be realistic – when someone knows the person they love has an addiction and they START the relationship knowing that, are they not committed to seeing that person through thick and thin? Sure she has a child – but they weren’t living in the same house and from what they have written, House has minimal exposure to Rachel.
    Nope – Shore and company really screwed up this time.
    This show is an ensemble cast and even though House is the main and foremost character – I love all of them (with exception of the new chick….).
    Shore and company brought them to us to love – and we have seen them through the thick and thin.
    The thick is starting to get old….and may have turned this fan (who has seen every episode and owns all seasons on dvd)away for good.
    Boo David Shore – if you didn’t want to jerk the fams around – why did you start it all over again?!?!?

Comment by SFJ – March 8, 2011 10:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I completely agree with this. The show took a total 360 and is now back to where they began. It’s not fair for David Shore to keep House unhappy. Maybe he was a better doctor, but people die all the time. Should everyone sacrifice their own happiness to try to keep everyone else from dying? That’s just NOT POSSIBLE. David Shore is an idiot. So House should go into depression and try to commit suicide? Wow great idea, a lot more patients will benefit from that (sarcasm). House and Cuddy loved each other and it was difficult, but House finally admitted to Cuddy that he loved her and she was more important than anything else to him. He doesn’t know how to handle pain, which is why in this episode he took the Vicodin. All that he needs is to learn how to handle pain without escaping to a narcotic. Oh and by the way… WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO THIRTEEN??? I’M TIRED OF THIS MASTERS BULLCRAP! I’m about to stop watching the show. It kept hope in me and happiness, then they got rid of thirteen and I was sad but handled it… now they’ve gone too far. It’s like there’s no hope anymore! How depressing. Someone should put David Shore in the same situation that House was in and see what happens to him. David Shore, you are an ignorant, selfish, asshole.

Comment by Riley – March 8, 2011 10:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YES! YOU ARE SOOOOOO RIGHT!!!!!!!!!

Comment by Mick – March 9, 2011 12:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If I wet my bed, I’d be sad too…

Comment by Jeff – March 8, 2011 10:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I decided last night I am no longer going to watch the show. When “7* left and they brought it that new character, I could barely watch anymore but last nights episode was the last straw.

Comment by Susan – March 8, 2011 10:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I too was very happy for House and Cuddy. I’m disappointed with the break-up and I think that Shore and his writers are wrong about the dynamic of the show, but especially about keeping “House – House and Cuddy – Cuddy.” There are lots of relationships in the real world that involve a self absorbed ass and an otherwise “normal” partner. I think they barely touched on the possibilities – besides, I think the show needs to grow. While the characters are entertaining, I find them stale – I don’t think the show can last much longer without some growth in the main characters.

Comment by Mary – March 8, 2011 10:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was so bummed after this episode, I had to keep reminding myself that these are not real people! I’m an incurable romantic. Please get them back together!!

Comment by olean – March 8, 2011 11:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Don’t rely on a tv show for a bit of happiness. Find other things in life that bring you joy. I love House, but what does or doesn’t happen on there has no affect on my personal happiness. In my opinion, the show was much better before they got together anyway!

Comment by Jane – March 8, 2011 10:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have always loved this show because it makes me think about parts of my life, and it gives me hope to see everyone coping and growing in their lives. And of course it makes me laugh in the process. I think the writers do a good job of understanding the intricacies of people.

However, now I think they’ve just gotten worried that people will stop watching if house is ‘happy’ so they are now attempting to go back to what seemed to work so well in the beginning – “the cases”, drugs and misery.

I think there one thing that completely ruins a show. It is making the situation and the characters perpetually and hopelessly miserable.

Many of my very favorite comedies and dramas eventually made the characters endlessly miserable with divorce, failed on and off relationships, depression, cheating, alcoholism, illness, death, etc, etc. And every time there was any hope of future happiness, it was dashed. Every one of these shows went off the air not long after sinking to this level. And they all left a bad taste in my mouth. Realistic and emotional is one thing. Depressing and completely hopeless is another.

Why do once great series have to end with the main characters loving each other, breaking up, and then painfully loving each other but not being able to be together for the rest of their lives while always pining? Is that really the best the writers can do? Haven’t we already seen that like a million times on other shows??? This formula drags the show out for a while, but ultimately it JUST DOESN’T WORK. Come on, writers. We all know you are more talented than that.

We watch TV to be entertained, not to be dragged down. If House can ‘never be happy’, no matter how hard he tries or wants it, what is the point of watching. I don’t need to be reminded that life sucks. Snarky jokes, rehashed illnesses, and stupid short-lived meaningless relationships of other characters just aren’t enough.

I absolutely love this show, and will continue to watch since the writers have been talented enough to bring House out of crappy situations before. But if this is the start of a never-ending miserable downslide, I’m out.

Comment by Kelley – March 8, 2011 01:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I totally agree with you. They have to bring them back together. They belong together and I liked seeing them fooling around. Rachel and House were cut together and I loved seeing him getting soft. Now we are getting back to the depressing house *grrrr* Bring them back together again…because maybe there will be no season 8 and I want a happy end for all of them!!!!!

Comment by Mick – March 9, 2011 12:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like House as much as anyone else commenting on here does… maybe more, I’ve been a fan since they were airing only the previews for the show. The decision to break them up was a fair choice. Coming from a former pill addict, any addiction is not cured instantly by rehab. It takes anywhere from a few months to several years to finally become clean, and in the decision to end it was rightly done. House destroyed it by hiding his relapse from the woman he was supposed to love and care about. That’s NEVER good, especially when a small child is a part of that relationship, as it impairs one’s judgement, and could lead to the severe injury or even death of said child if that person has in fact relapsed unknowingly and is left to watch them. Figure things this way: It’s less disappointing when you do research and get facts about these things. If you have the facts, then you can see that it was better that way for them both. Be an adult and stop pouting when you obviously don’t know what you are even crying about.

Comment by Kati – March 8, 2011 11:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • There is enough sadness and hate and not enough of the other good stuff in this world. I think House balanced well his good and evil side. That part of him that made us laugh was even better when he wasn’t being bad, but trying a new life of love. Although not everyone agrees with me I enjoy seeing him have some happiness and in his own way try to get outside his comfort zone. We always knew that wouldn’t be easy for him and to see if he could finally master it, well I hate to think I may never know that. I think any effort was effort to him. I saw him stop and begin to think. And for him to be called out on the carpet in the name of love is much different that having nothing to loose before at all. Someone like House couldn’t be expected to master loving someone else in a couple of months.

Comment by Diana – March 8, 2011 11:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG!!! Finally someone with some sense of realism! It’s only television people!! zi think Hugh Laurie and Lisa are fine actors! Let them exercise their chops!!!!

Comment by Stephy – March 8, 2011 11:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You seem to forget that people in the entertainment industry are in it for just that reason to make us happy. To allow us an outlet from whatver may or may not be a perfect situation. The sad reality is that if you make enough of them unhappy then your chances of success go out the way of the dinosaur (extinct). Remember everyone in the entertainment business has a job because life is life, it is full of ups and downs, twists and turns, and happy and sad times and this is what allows people to connect to a show and a show in turn to be successful.

Comment by MM – March 18, 2011 04:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If you think House has been happy all the time this season, you’re nuts. I think it’s done a great job of showing that there’s still a lot of emotional drama even when someone’s not completely and utterly emotionally destitute.

Comment by Ben – March 8, 2011 11:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • you’ve got to be kidding – most interesting show and turn of events – interesting display of fantasies around anesthesia. Their romance was not going to go anywhere anyway. Makes me more curious.

Comment by cb – March 8, 2011 11:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You are so right! Cuddy knew what she was getting into – they have actually been together for years. She needs to stick with him through his pain, too. All relationships are learning experiences, but she missed the point on this one. Like so many other fans, I am totally depressed today, thanks to your destruction of my fantasy. (I know – I should get a life.)

Comment by Nancy – March 8, 2011 11:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 13 is coming back…she is filming new episodes..I agree with you about Masters…she is Cameron on steroids.

Comment by Teri – March 8, 2011 12:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thirteen will be back in a couple episodes.

Comment by Colin – March 8, 2011 01:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 13 is back filming now.
    And Amber will be leaving soon.
    Now if only Taub would go away.

Comment by Jill – March 9, 2011 01:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am totally with you Drew- this show is so much fun and full of so many surprises. Don’t watch soap TV and don’t want this to become soap TV. Thanks for your input,

Comment by cb – March 8, 2011 11:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WOW……..I too watch TV for a small escape, but COME ON PEOPLE!!!!!!!! Anybody who is a true House fan knows the romance could not last forever. Over the years I have watched him be himself, go through rehab and we all knew he was in love with Cuddy from day one. The experiment with them having a relationship was inevidable. It has to move on and I think David Shore is doing a good job of keeping it moving. Some of you act like it is your Uncle House and Aunt Cuddy breaking up. Keep watching the show and look for the same interesting dynamics that have always been there.

Comment by Jennifer S. – March 8, 2011 11:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Isn’t the point of FICTION to pull at the heart strings and make people identify with the characters emotionally? Stop insulting people and trying to act all cleverer than thou. I bet you’d love to inform all of us at nauseating length regarding what the show is about. I diagnose a narcisism. House is the grumpy genius, not you.

Comment by DrJaysusChroist – March 8, 2011 07:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yea but as you grow to love a character you start to empathize with them and want them to be happy, that is if you want to be happy.

Comment by Polina – March 8, 2011 11:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • duh! people change, tv shows that show people who don’t change get boring.

Comment by DrJaysusChroist – March 8, 2011 07:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I guess you’ll have to keep watching to find out!!

Comment by Debbie – March 8, 2011 11:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Watching HUGH LAURIE act for one. A GREAT pleasure for me.

Comment by Grace – March 9, 2011 01:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Duh? What about the crackling dialogue every episode??

Comment by Donne – March 10, 2011 09:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes, thank you, SFJ — you’ve highlighted even more good points.

And also, to Kati above, I do have first-hand experience and know what I’m talking about, but I’m sure you know what they say about people who make assumptions.

Comment by C – March 8, 2011 01:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I agree, starting all over again is jerking the fans around. I see the point, it’s realistic that he would have a relapse, but I thought you were really only getting started exploring that relationship. They were still only ‘dating’, it didn’t get beyond that, no living together, no sign of an imperfect Cuddy, no major risk taken by Cuddy since they were just dating at not living together or anything…Cuddy could have really been sick, and House may not have been able to save her, that would have been interesting. How many seasons did you already get out of the addiction? and now we’re back to the same? There were loads more avenues to explore, it’s too soon to revisted that theme, we’ve seen that already, and I think it’s far more likely that a medical emergency would have snapped him into coping mode, he might have freaked out afterwards, but he’s a doctor, even if he is panicking, he would have just gone into doctor mode. Really like the episode, but now that you’ve given us the spoiler that the relationship is over and we’re back to exploring addiction, again, just couldn’t be bothered.

Comment by DrJaysusChroist – March 8, 2011 07:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh man, do I ever agree with you. Huddy was doomed from the start and I didn’t really even get the ‘loving’ vibe so many Huddy fans seem to coo about. To me, House was so desperate for a relationship with Cuddy simply because he didn’t want to be alone and Cuddy was just kind of there…sort of…eager…and…sort of…willing (do people forget she called House a pathetic loser, told him she didn’t love him and to get over himself, right before turning around and reversing all of that?).

Also, the first episode of this season proclaimed Cuddy as the valiant hero, herself saying she knew what she was getting into and she would be amazing and awesome and would make it work, and fight for love! and so on and so forth.

After that? She wanted House to change in drastic ways and minute ways, but I know that in some episodes she just came off as a PMSing drama queen. I’m not sure whether they were pitching for the ‘realistic’ approach or not, but the early problems still seemed overdone and served to make me dislike Cuddy. After a while, I started to think of House in terms of ‘whipped’ and I don’t want to go there again.

Which isn’t to say House was perfect in the relationship either, but they just don’t work together, do they?

Personally, I found the House/Wilson dynamic was one of the best things going for the show and I hate how they cut back on that this season. Sometimes I think neither House nor Wilson can sustain a lasting relationship with anyone but each other. In a way…they are the perfect pair, and that’s it.

I think I could handle a contented House, really, I do. But for some reason, no matter how I look at it, I will always see the Huddy relationship as simply dysfunctional and destructive to both ends.

Honestly, Cuddy and House worked so much better in scenes when they were snarling at each other, having the odd quiet moment, and always playing that cunning game of who could beat the other…with no romance involved. THAT was interesting, and within the boundaries of ‘frenemies’ their relationship STRIVED. I want that back, and I know I’ll be disappointed if Huddy ends up sticking later down the road, because I just don’t like it.

It sucked the life out of this season and Huddy fan or no, if you’re a true House fan, I don’t think you can deny that.

Comment by Kyla – March 8, 2011 02:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I agree here.
    Betrayed is a good description.

At first, I didn’t really want them to be together because I was afraid that it would ruin the dynamic between the characters. Then, I saw their first love scene (when she got down and kissed the scar), I was hooked.

I figured that they would break up eventually. I think House isn’t happy unless he’s UNHAPPY (I know a few people like this in person). However, it was nice while it lasted, and Hugh Laurie and Lisa Eddlestein were HOT. I’m sad today, but it’s Tuesday, and that means I can turn on “NCIS” tonight and feel better again :-)

Comment by Kenna – March 8, 2011 02:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • LOL.

This. Just This.

Comment by Kyla – March 8, 2011 02:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You are exactly right. The writers are trying to hard, and creating these near impossible situations. All of a sudden Cuddy has this potentially life ending illness – the dreaded cancer that is going to kill her. And house is about to lose the one person who gives him dimension. So he relapses and MIRACLE, Cuddy doesn’t have cancer but House still loses her? All in one episode, to boot. It was sadistic and even slightly demonic. For this guy to say he doesn’t want to jerk the audience around? Guess what, too late.
    Just overkill. Here’s a thought. Keep them together. Make it normal – live like normal people do (I.e., people with all their oddities and hang ups). Show us the ins and outs of a normal relationship. Not this hyper OMG he’s done something wrong again/OMG I am going to lose her bs. They are both flawed and maybe 2 is still better than 1. And maybe they make each other better. Maybe she is more active on the team. Maybe he continues to love and fall in love with the baby. Maybe someone has an affair. IDK – maybe someone actually has a beautiful wedding, or has children. Maybe at least 1 person on the show can have a healthy and positive relationship. Just 1 couple. Whatever. But this episode was just too much and unfortunately that is what makes it too unrealistic and just bad TV. clearly you guys are just not that into it and you’re going to lose your audience. Stop playing with us.

Comment by Kewtee – March 8, 2011 07:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • wow – mr. cliche man, you sure do construct some winning one liners, is this charlie sheen, by any chance? WINNER.

Comment by DrJaysusChroist – March 8, 2011 08:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I agree with Colleen. I also think that “Martha Masters” is one of the worst characters on House. It’s good to know she’ll be gone soon. I also have no use for Olivia Wilde’s charachter (13), nor do I have any use for Olivia Wilde. It’s plain to see how she worked her way up to where she is, she is by no means a decent actress. Actually, she stinks. (check out some of her pics), especially beach pics. She has no trouble baring it all. Now that she sees her career moving along, she has decided that “being married is inconvenient”, in her own words. NICE!!!

But to get back to House, I love the Huddy story and hope this is not the end of it. C’mon, please don’t say House cannot be happy and still be House. Of course he can, just a moderate version. It’s like saying if your’re addicted to anything, even if you get help, forget it, you cannot possibly be happy and contribute to a healthy relationship, so forget it, you’re screwed. Isn’t that supposed to be what therapy is all about?? I think it’s important to look at the lives of the characters. (Taub’s episode was excellent). It makes the show more interesting. The show is a drama, not a medical documentary. Witness ER’s 15 years. There was plenty of exploring the character’s personal lives intersperced with the medical issues. So, to those who want the medicine only, watch a medical documentary! PLEASE, BRING BACK HUDDY!!!

Comment by L. Moffat – March 8, 2011 09:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • When someone you love has an addiction, and you are committed to that someone, when you tell them you love them for who they are, you don’t dump them when they fall off the wagon, especially the first time. It would have been better to have House tell Cuddy why he did what he did, because he loved her so and couldn’t bear the thought of life without her. It’s part of who he is, but also the honesty and his ability to start admitting it to her is a good step in the right direction. I can see her being hurt about the way he handled it, but when you really love someone, and I think she does, you don’t dump after the first slip. I found it interesting that they ended the relationship exactly the way they started it, except his saving angel wasn’t there. Too bad!! WAKE UP GUYS, BRING HUDDY BACK!!

Comment by JITTERBUG – March 8, 2011 09:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • XD LOL, me too.

Comment by gatik – March 8, 2011 11:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sorry, I meant MASTERS not AMBER. Wishful thinking I guess.

Comment by Jill – March 9, 2011 01:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No she’s awesome! 13 is the twit. I was hoping she’d go for good.

Comment by sashay – March 13, 2011 12:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Exactly my thought. It’s just a TV show. I’m beginning to think ‘Huddy’ should be the new diagnosis in the next DSM.

Comment by ChiChi – March 13, 2011 12:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The best part of the show for me. Absolutely loved his singing too, but I’m afraid that was a one-off.

Comment by ChiChi – March 13, 2011 12:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I will watch HOUSE no matter what. I love Hugh Laurie.

Comment by Isabella – March 18, 2011 06:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post