Pilot Scoop: VanCamp Plots Revenge at ABC

Brothers & Sisters and Everwood alum Emily VanCamp is returning to ABC as the star of a potential new primetime drama, Revenge.

VanCamp has landed the lead in the project, written by Swingtown creator Mike Kelley and directed by Phillip Noyce. It’s described as a contemporary re-imagening of The Count of Monte Cristo from a female perspective and centers on Emily Thorn (VanCamp), a mysterious young woman who comes to the Hamptons to exact revenge on the people who destroyed her family.

VanCamp, who joined Brothers & Sisters midway through the first season, left the family drama this fall.

TAGS: , ,
GET MORE: News, Pilots, Scoop

1. jenny says:

I don’t know why she gets these roles..her acting isn’t very good. She’s got that unappealing boring look.

• Brett says:

I’m with you. I have never seen an ounce of charisma from her. In my opinion I do not think she can carry a show like this one. Also, how long could this show go on for? If she’s being revengeful, she has to be breaking the law in some form… I dunno, not a fan of this so far.

• Michael says:

Thank you. I so agree. She is pretty but she is so boring.

2. Jenny says:

Oh, my god I love her from Everwood! I really hope ABC picks this up, because I will be watching!

3. Nikki says:

@Jenny

She gets roles, because she is so talented. Emily is also very gorgeous, and humble. I hope the show gets picked up.

4. shuayb says:

Emily is gud actress… Altho doesn’t the plot seem like something out of gossip girl…

5. Scott says:

Emily is very talented and adds instant appeal to a show she is on. Great casting choice!

6. april-ann says:

It sounds really good, but I’d be hesitant to get into it. ABC I think stands for “Already Been Cancelled”.

7. Jason says:

Emily cannot carry a show. Good supporting actor, but she’s in way over her head, and ABC will quickly see that when Revenge shoots its pilot…or they mistakenly pick up the series and quickly cancel it for lack of interest.

Too bad, because the premise does sound promising.

8. Torgen says:

I was so happy when Emily left Brothers & Sisters – she’s got that Britney Spears-like irritating vibe. I know that’s totally subjective but she’s not the most talented and/or appealing actress around. And “a mysterious young woman exacting revenge”? No way she can pull that up.

• JP says:

Every character on that show is irritating. The writing makes them all whiney and annoying, which is why I stopped watching it a while ago. If you want to see what Emily can do, try Everwood. At least that show had good writing.

9. Kris says:

I love Emily, so happy she’s getting her own show. I stopped watching BS when she left, she was the best part of the show for me.

10. Taylor says:

I never got into “Brothers & Sisters”, but “Everwood” was a great show. I thought Emily was really good in the first couple of seasons. I also liked the girl who played Delia Brown.

11. JPamp says:

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. Erica says:

I think its going to be a GREAT show! Pick it up ABC!!!!

13. Norm says:

If show is as good as pilot location shots it will be a hit!

14. Angie says:

Plz…ABC…pick up this show! My son was cast as an extra, down in Wilminton NC. Can’t wait to see what it is all about. Sounds really good!

15. Audrie Lawrence says:

I love Emily’s acting and she can carry the show–she isn’t the only person on the show you know. The show sounds like it will hold a viewer’s interest right fom the beginning. Just the title makes me anxious for it to be on. I am sure it will be a hit. There hasn’t been a good series on since Swingtown.

16. Melissa says:

I saw the pilot and thought all the people they picked
    are perfect! Not sure why everyone is saying she’s
    not good in this role, because she is. Also, from
    what I understand, it’s supposed to be a mini movie,
    not a whole series. That’s what IMDB says, at least,
    so hopefully they do that instead of making a whole
    huge show out of it! I definitely am excited to watch
    this show. It’s one of the rare ones that actually hooked
    me right in.

17. brunax5 says:

She is extremely charismatic and a great actress! It’s about time someone gave her a show of her own! Looking forward to watch it!

18. Trudy says:

I like her…don’t know why she got bashed at the beginning of this. I plan on watching. If I like it I’ll keep watching. She’s pretty and sweet. You don’t like it or her…don’t watch. I will….

19. Dawn says:

How long can a story last that is about Revenge? Don’t you eventually run out of victims? What happens in the winter? I don’t think the Hamptons are very populated at that time of year. I give it one season and not because of the acting but because ABC is not known for puttin alot of thought into new shows.

20. Bryan Rice says:

Anyone complaing about Emily must be out of their mind. She centers around a great cast and show. I don’t know who could play her part better and Madelyn Stowe is wonderful too. Great job ABC.

21. Juliet says:

I love this show, as one of the commentors mentioned what is going to happen when she gets her full revenge? I am sure she will make more enemies along the way whom might want to take out some Revenge on her!

22. pat terry says:

I love REVENGE! THE CASTING AND PLOT ARE GREAT I hope it continues many seasons. Thank for the great entertainment.

23. tori hill says:

Emily Vancamp is absolutely amazing. So Angelic. This SHOW has had me from the start.

24. B.Desir says:

I dont know what they’re talking about she’s one of the best actress, and she plays gud no complaint