Pilot Scoop: VanCamp Plots Revenge at ABC

Get More: News, Pilots, Scoop

Brothers & Sisters and Everwood alum Emily VanCamp is returning to ABC as the star of a potential new primetime drama, Revenge.

VanCamp has landed the lead in the project, written by Swingtown creator Mike Kelley and directed by Phillip Noyce. It’s described as a contemporary re-imagening of The Count of Monte Cristo from a female perspective and centers on Emily Thorn (VanCamp), a mysterious young woman who comes to the Hamptons to exact revenge on the people who destroyed her family.

VanCamp, who joined Brothers & Sisters midway through the first season, left the family drama this fall.

Comments (28)

• I don’t know why she gets these roles..her acting isn’t very good. She’s got that unappealing boring look.

Comment by jenny – March 7, 2011 10:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m with you. I have never seen an ounce of charisma from her. In my opinion I do not think she can carry a show like this one. Also, how long could this show go on for? If she’s being revengeful, she has to be breaking the law in some form… I dunno, not a fan of this so far.

Comment by Brett – March 8, 2011 06:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Thank you. I so agree. She is pretty but she is so boring.

Comment by Michael – March 8, 2011 08:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh, my god I love her from Everwood! I really hope ABC picks this up, because I will be watching!

Comment by Jenny – March 7, 2011 10:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • @Jenny

She gets roles, because she is so talented. Emily is also very gorgeous, and humble. I hope the show gets picked up.

Comment by Nikki – March 7, 2011 10:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Emily is gud actress… Altho doesn’t the plot seem like something out of gossip girl…

Comment by shuayb – March 7, 2011 11:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • @ shuayb: No, it sound like something out of “The Count of Monte Christo”. :)

Comment by Hannah – March 9, 2011 02:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Emily is very talented and adds instant appeal to a show she is on. Great casting choice!

Comment by Scott – March 8, 2011 06:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It sounds really good, but I’d be hesitant to get into it. ABC I think stands for “Already Been Cancelled”.

Comment by april-ann – March 8, 2011 06:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Emily cannot carry a show. Good supporting actor, but she’s in way over her head, and ABC will quickly see that when Revenge shoots its pilot…or they mistakenly pick up the series and quickly cancel it for lack of interest.

Too bad, because the premise does sound promising.

Comment by Jason – March 8, 2011 06:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was so happy when Emily left Brothers & Sisters – she’s got that Britney Spears-like irritating vibe. I know that’s totally subjective but she’s not the most talented and/or appealing actress around. And “a mysterious young woman exacting revenge”? No way she can pull that up.

Comment by Torgen – March 8, 2011 08:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Every character on that show is irritating. The writing makes them all whiney and annoying, which is why I stopped watching it a while ago. If you want to see what Emily can do, try Everwood. At least that show had good writing.

Comment by JP – March 8, 2011 09:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Emily, so happy she’s getting her own show. I stopped watching BS when she left, she was the best part of the show for me.

Comment by Kris – March 8, 2011 09:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I never got into “Brothers & Sisters”, but “Everwood” was a great show. I thought Emily was really good in the first couple of seasons. I also liked the girl who played Delia Brown.

Comment by Taylor – March 9, 2011 08:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by JPamp – March 13, 2011 08:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think its going to be a GREAT show! Pick it up ABC!!!!

Comment by Erica – March 17, 2011 03:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If show is as good as pilot location shots it will be a hit!

Comment by Norm – March 26, 2011 08:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Plz…ABC…pick up this show! My son was cast as an extra, down in Wilminton NC. Can’t wait to see what it is all about. Sounds really good!

Comment by Angie – April 12, 2011 04:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Emily’s acting and she can carry the show–she isn’t the only person on the show you know. The show sounds like it will hold a viewer’s interest right fom the beginning. Just the title makes me anxious for it to be on. I am sure it will be a hit. There hasn’t been a good series on since Swingtown.

Comment by Audrie Lawrence – May 16, 2011 03:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I saw the pilot and thought all the people they picked
    are perfect! Not sure why everyone is saying she’s
    not good in this role, because she is. Also, from
    what I understand, it’s supposed to be a mini movie,
    not a whole series. That’s what IMDB says, at least,
    so hopefully they do that instead of making a whole
    huge show out of it! I definitely am excited to watch
    this show. It’s one of the rare ones that actually hooked
    me right in.

Comment by Melissa – May 17, 2011 10:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She is extremely charismatic and a great actress! It’s about time someone gave her a show of her own! Looking forward to watch it!

Comment by brunax5 – July 21, 2011 09:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like her…don’t know why she got bashed at the beginning of this. I plan on watching. If I like it I’ll keep watching. She’s pretty and sweet. You don’t like it or her…don’t watch. I will….

Comment by Trudy – August 20, 2011 06:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How long can a story last that is about Revenge? Don’t you eventually run out of victims? What happens in the winter? I don’t think the Hamptons are very populated at that time of year. I give it one season and not because of the acting but because ABC is not known for puttin alot of thought into new shows.

Comment by Dawn – September 19, 2011 10:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Anyone complaing about Emily must be out of their mind. She centers around a great cast and show. I don’t know who could play her part better and Madelyn Stowe is wonderful too. Great job ABC.

Comment by Bryan Rice – September 29, 2011 11:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love this show, as one of the commentors mentioned what is going to happen when she gets her full revenge? I am sure she will make more enemies along the way whom might want to take out some Revenge on her!

Comment by Juliet – October 6, 2011 04:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love REVENGE! THE CASTING AND PLOT ARE GREAT I hope it continues many seasons. Thank for the great entertainment.

Comment by pat terry – October 20, 2011 03:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Emily Vancamp is absolutely amazing. So Angelic. This SHOW has had me from the start.

Comment by tori hill – November 19, 2011 06:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I dont know what they’re talking about she’s one of the best actress, and she plays gud no complaint

Comment by B.Desir – May 30, 2012 10:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post