Breaking: Charlie Sheen 'Terminated' From Two and a Half Men

Good luck putting a “Winning!” spin on this, Charlie Sheen.

CBS and Warner Bros. Television have reached a joint decision to fire the troubled actor from Two and a Half Men. “After careful consideration, Warner Bros. Television has terminated Charlie Sheen’s services on Two and a Half Men effective immediately,” read the statement.

Hot Video: Men’s Jon Cryer Scores a Temp Job!

A decision regarding the future of the series — i.e. to recast or simply cancel — has not yet been made. Men has one season left under a two-year deal CBS struck with Warner Bros.

Sheen, meanwhile, wasted no time responding to the development, telling TMZ in a predictably <del>manic</del> colorful statement, “This is very good news. They continue to be in breach, like so many whales. It is a big day of gladness at the Sober Valley Lodge because now I can take all of the bazillions, never have to look at whatshiscock again and I never have to put on those silly shirts for as long as this warlock exists in the terrestrial dimension.”

The formal dismissal means that Sheen is now free to pursue the myriad opportunities that have allegedly come his way in recent weeks. It also sets the stage for what is sure to be a dramatic legal showdown between the actor and Warner Bros. The studio’s case against Sheen was previewed in a terse letter sent to the ex-Men star’s attorney (and later leaked to TMZ) earlier today. “[Sheen] has been engaged in dangerously self-destructive conduct and appears to be very ill,” the letter read. “[He] undermined the production in numerous and significant ways… Warner Bros. would not, could not, and should not attempt to continue ‘business as usual’ while Mr. Sheen destroys himself as the world watches.”

Thoughts? Did CBS/Warner Bros. make the right call here? And should a new actor be brought in to replace Sheen? Or would you prefer to see Men euthanized? Sound off below!

1. Dave says:

Simply stated, the studio took too long to do this in the first place. I agree that Sheen is ridiculous if he thinks for a second that he will win a legal battle in this instance, in the main due to the footage of his inability to act without assistance. However, I strongly believe that the studio has a lot to do with the situation they find themselves in now, and at least partially responsible for Sheen’s current behaviour. They were enabling him for years, and when you do that you run the risk of it biting you in the ass.

For more on my thoughts, follow the link to my blog, where I wrote about this back in February in great detail.

2. John says:

I like the idea of Judith throwing out Herb, and him moving in with Alan. I’ve always liked him since the Drew Carey days. But they should write out Charlie in a more comical way. Somehow it has to reflect that he was losing while saying he was winning.

3. WB Frog says:

Replace Charlie Sheen with John Stamos. Have John play Charlie on the show and not even acknowledge the replacement. Best all the way around.

4. katy says:

I have not watched this show in a couple of years but caught the last ten mins. last night while waiting for Mike and Molly. The show was not funny and charlie looked like he was not even there; just his body was and his “acting” was awful. Show has gone downhill and it is time to end while it is still on top; although for the life of me I cannot understand why it is the top rated show. He is looking more and more bi-polar by the day. If he did not have all the money he has; he would have been confined to a psych ward with his kids custody taken away in a New York minute.

• Tosca says:

I agree that the show has lost its edge. Mostly, it’s just really hard to buy into someone who looks as haggard as Charlie being a successful cad. Even my mom doesn’t find him attractive anymore. Maybe a hilarious “kill – off” would reinvigorate the show. They could bring on another brother for Alan that Evelyn had put up for adoption, but he comes out of the woodwork to get his share of Charlie’s estate.

5. Spike says:

Your opinions count for nothing. You are meaningless. You are the trolls Charlie speaks of. You reek of jealousy. You spend your time responding to insanity as if you matter to anyone besides yourself. You are the pitiful ones. Get a life you sad sad people.

6. Diane says:

I think Charlie Sheen should be off the show now and am glad he was fired. I love the show and would like to see it continue with a new “Charlie.” Send the Charlie character off to Evelyn’s plastic surgeon for some “work.” The doctor does a great job and when the bandages come off – we see John Stamos!!! I think the show will be just as entertaining with a “new” Charlie.

• Ed says:

That senario would last a couple of episodes as John Stamos attempts to copy Sheen’s impeccable timing, delivery and expressions. And the show will drift down the charts into obscurity. It would be like watching the remake of “Get Smart” without Don Adams or “The Nutty Professor” without Jerry Lewis–it would only be rated as “good” by those viewers who never saw the original, and those who saw the original would rcognize it for it’s mediocrity..

7. rl says:

I think that we should be concerned with the price of oil, our failing education system and our corrupt and ineffective healthcare system.

Concern over what this self indulgent, self destructive and self promoting train wreck of a man does, should be up to his employers…ooops former employers and his poor family.

• Karen says:

Yes, I feel bad for Charlie – but he has had SOOOOO much help!!!!!! AND money!!!

BUT – this country has MUCH BIGGER problems – we have a Marxist Muslim President and 49 Communist Czars!!!

THINK that is a problem??????

8. UKnowWho says:

SERIOUSLY, the stupidity of most that are throwing their Proverbial stone of “NO SIN” freaKin amazes me. The hypocritical/ignoran/assinian nature of Hollywood I will never understand and hope I never do. What if it were you or your child, Yeah you say this but it would actually be.that just like every other time. Hell, y’ all already have the rope in your hands and Charlie is on the horse with the rope around his neck, so what are you waiting for, slap that horse on the ass!!!! Oh wait, you guys might as well go gay bashing first, that shuld make you feel better. WTF people??????

9. Camilla says:

I at least wanna see the rest of season 8, Charlie Sheen or not! Well, I like Charlie, it won’t be the same without him, but I’d rather see a replacement, than that they discontinue the series. It’s like reading a long book, and not being able to read the end, the finish. Come on Chuck, I want to read the finish!

10. Ed says:

In my book Charlie Sheen made Two and a Half Men what it is, the TOP comedy show on television. There is no replacing Charlie and carrying on because Charlie is the show. If it is gone, I will have some spare time because nobody has a show that can fill that spot.

11. Mike says:

I’m saying Bruce Willis. His movie career is struggling. He would be a different kind of character, but could definitely pull it off.

12. With will Charlie do now? With His new 2 million followers on twitter… his “people” Winning… it yet to be seen. Are we looking at the beginning of the end or is the something more going on? Only time will tell!

13. wendy maree says:

Come on everyone, we are watching a man die here. the only difference between another drug addict die and charlie sheen – is charlie is airing his last days, weeks or months on national tv. I think this is so sad. No matter how you feel about Charlie sheen – it is not nice to downgrade a very sick individual. If he gets through this, he is going to be so humiliated when he reflects back on these times. Can you imagine how his family must feel….not only are they worried for their son/brother, they are also extremely distressed at everyone laughing at him. The television studio is in their rights to take whatever action is required. They are not calling him names, they are needing business to go on as usual. I only wish for a positive outcome.

14. Rhonda says:

I think 2 & 1/2 men could make it. Have Charlie in a Mexico jail for drugs or underage girl. Make it so Charlie has to give Allen his power of attorney. Could you see Allen with Charlie’s life and money? I think the writers could have alot of fun with this. Plus the cast could really run with it too. The writers really make this show and we all know this. I think it would have a chance but if you try to replace Charlie the show will tank forsure~

15. sad.. says:

seriously, the ones of you who are like “it’s about time”, or “he isnt funny, and hes a piece of crap anyways” …. Wow .. Just wow.
    What are you doing here? Gtfo rofl seriously.

I find it sad that Charlie is terminated from the show … That means gf Two and A Half Men.

16. Memento says:

Hm…..I would love for Herb to be one of the new leads but part of his humor comes with Judith’s b****iness (idk if cuss words are allowed here so I’ll keep it a little clean :P). He’s my fav character on the show but I wonder how well he’ll do as a lead.

If they do add in a new character to play as the lead though, I hope they don’t replace Charlie (the character) with a cousin or something that leads a very similar life-style and has the same attitude as Charlie. They have a chance to create a new character and expand on their humor (the humor related to the 3 leads anyway) instead of Jake growing up, Alan choking the vein snake, and the other main lead to be an undeserving, successful drunken musician who always has one-night stands and can’t let go of the past which results in blaming a ridiculous amount of his problems on his mom.

17. Amy says:

2 and a half me was my fave show never miss a show! without Charile Sheen THERE IS NO SHOW!! Charlie makes the show! he can’t be replaced hes ONE OF A KIND!! I will never watch it again as long as there is no Charlie Sheen!!! YOU SHOULD LISTEN TO THE PEOPLE!!! WITHOUT US YOU HAVE NOTHING! without us watching the show anymore there will be no ratings and the show will get canceled!!! yes Charlie may have issues in his personal life BUT HE IS ONE DAMN GOOD ACTOR!!!!!

BRING BACK CHARLIE SHEEN!!!BRING BACK CHARLIE SHEEN!!!BRING BACK CHARLIE SHEEN!!!BRING BACK CHARLIE SHEEN!!!BRING BACK CHARLIE SHEEN!!!

18. Emalie says:

I think this piece of trash got what he deserved. If he was in jail for attempted murder instead of barely getting a slap on the hand, he would have been off 2.5 men a long time ago. Charlie is mad at Jon Cryer for not calling him and saying “Poor Charlie, why is everyone picking on you”. Grow up Charlie, but he should have called to say, “You piece of trash thanks to you we are all probably out of a job”. Yes, I believe Hollywood has to take responsibility for this also. Stars get in trouble left and right but their money gets them out it. So I guess the justice system is as much to blame also. The justice system is as big a joke as Charlie Sheen.

19. Stig says:

Charlie is Two and a half men. Imposible to replace him.

20. gayelord says:

youre all idiots

21. Braam says:

I truly love this show. Charlie cant be replaced. 8 seasons later and they are still as funny as when they started. i watch old seasons over and over, and even when i know what is coming i still cant help to have a good time watching it.

It is one season, let him just shoot it, and then you will never have to see him again.

yes he said stuff he shouldnt but just because he is a famous actor now he is treated difrintly. im sure there are many people just like him out there. but the fact that you are on this site, means you like the series.

Please dont cancle the series.

Have fun everyone. B from South Africa

22. Reta says:

Charlie Sheen is is actor. He plays a character that he imitates in real life. Keep the show — hire a trained monkey to learn the lyrics and present them while smirking like an idiot. He’s an old, skinny piece of humanity that needs to grow up.

23. Magnus says:

Two and a Half Men will never be the same..

24. grim says:

lol if they replace sheen the show will go down the drain and every 1 will laugh coz charlie is the sickest cunt ever hes #WINNING!!!!

25. grim says:

lol if they replace sheen the show will go down the drain and every 1 will laugh coz charlie is the sickest c#nt ever hes #WINNING!!!!

26. grim says:

lol if they replace sheen the show will go down the drain and every 1 will laugh coz charlie is just awsome coz hes #WINNING!!!!

27. Karen says:

How about Harry Connick Jr??? He is also a wife beater and gets away with it – but he does have Charlie’s charm?????

Hollywood needs a HUGE wakeup call!! They WILL have to face their maker!!!

28. milianidz says:

4 me i’m done with the show !!!!!!

29. Regina says:

I am really going miss charlie sheen and believe no on else is going to be good as his character or work well with jon cryer. They are like ying and yang and thats what we love about the show. As it starts the platform for the characters.
    We should not be involved with his private life or his comments, freedom of speech and all but we all know no one can replace charlie.
    People can go to fulfil the role and try but because we love charlie and his character, his flaws jokes and relationship with jon and jake that we will not allow anyone us to fill his shoes.
    I certainly will nit buy the final season of dvds where he is not in them and nor will i watch.
    Just would like to thank the 2 1/2 men team for producing the show and i will happily engagr in watching my dvds.

30. Shawn says:

Sheen does make the show and most agree, but im open to new ideas….mosy of u need to learn how to let go…if he really wanted to be casted still u think he’d clean up his act,so just L I G it…..LET IT GO……

31. neanderson BRAZIL says:

que merda,filhos da puta, tiraram o melhor do seriado para colocar essa merda, seu diretor desgraçado,como pode tirar um dos principais do seriado,agradeço pelo tempo

32. allen says:

the new 2 and a half men sucks without charlie sheen

33. Fifi says:

The show sucks without Charlie Sheen!

34. My brother suggested I would possibly like this blog. He used to be totally right. This submit truly made my day. You cann’t consider simply how much time I had spent for this info! Thanks!