Breaking: Charlie Sheen 'Terminated' From Two and a Half Men

Good luck putting a “Winning!” spin on this, Charlie Sheen.

CBS and Warner Bros. Television have reached a joint decision to fire the troubled actor from Two and a Half Men. “After careful consideration, Warner Bros. Television has terminated Charlie Sheen’s services on Two and a Half Men effective immediately,” read the statement.

Hot Video: Men’s Jon Cryer Scores a Temp Job!

A decision regarding the future of the series — i.e. to recast or simply cancel — has not yet been made. Men has one season left under a two-year deal CBS struck with Warner Bros.

Sheen, meanwhile, wasted no time responding to the development, telling TMZ in a predictably <del>manic</del> colorful statement, “This is very good news. They continue to be in breach, like so many whales. It is a big day of gladness at the Sober Valley Lodge because now I can take all of the bazillions, never have to look at whatshiscock again and I never have to put on those silly shirts for as long as this warlock exists in the terrestrial dimension.”

The formal dismissal means that Sheen is now free to pursue the myriad opportunities that have allegedly come his way in recent weeks. It also sets the stage for what is sure to be a dramatic legal showdown between the actor and Warner Bros. The studio’s case against Sheen was previewed in a terse letter sent to the ex-Men star’s attorney (and later leaked to TMZ) earlier today. “[Sheen] has been engaged in dangerously self-destructive conduct and appears to be very ill,” the letter read. “[He] undermined the production in numerous and significant ways… Warner Bros. would not, could not, and should not attempt to continue ‘business as usual’ while Mr. Sheen destroys himself as the world watches.”

Thoughts? Did CBS/Warner Bros. make the right call here? And should a new actor be brought in to replace Sheen? Or would you prefer to see Men euthanized? Sound off below!

1. waheed says:

first.
    winning.

• Starkist says:

Sorry, Charlie…

• Jessica S. says:

Tuna? I thought Chicken of the Sea was chicken……

• Barbara says:

It still airs on TV. What is the point of removing someone because of self destructive behavior. Celebrity rehab???? I saw it once and it did not hold my interest, however, two and a half men is on tv and will continue to be viewed long after Charlie Sheen is dead.

• Darlene Williamson says:

please offer Russell Brand …sheens place as british cousin trading places is the perfect replacment

• William says:

You can’t replace Charlie Sheen!

• Nathan Tansley says:

I couldn’t agree more!

• E. HEATH says:

THERE IS NO WAY ANYONE CAN REPLACE CHARLIE SHEEN IN TWO & A HALF MEN.
          HIS VOICE, THE WAY HE LAUGHS, THE WAY HIS EYES LOOK WHEN HE SPEAKS, THE WAY HE WALKS. IT JUST WON’T BE A SHOW AT ALL. THEY MAY AS WELL SCRUB THE WHOLE MOVIE OFF. PEOPLE WILL STILL BE WATCHING RERUNS, THEY WILL STILL SEARCH FOR THEM. HE HAS MADE THE MOVIE WHAT IT IS TODAY. ALL AGES OF PEOPLE WATCH HIM. MY MOM IS 81 YEARS OLD. WHEN SHE HEARD WHAT THEY WERE GOING TO DO SHE WAS VERY VERY UPSET. SHE SAID CAN’T THEY WAIT TILL I AM NO LONGER AROUND.
          AUSTIN,TEXAS
          AP

• brenda says:

I couldn’t agree with you more I love two and ahalf men it is just so funny and trying to replace charlie will never work just take the show off the air and be done with it I hope Ashton Kutcher is for some not so nice comments.

• Joe says:

You cant replace the best!

2. Maro says:

Ha!!!!

3. #winning says:

Just means this tv show is done. Time for the next one. Chucks’ still got serious cash incoming anyways.

So what show is going to replace it?

• d1ggitydan says:

let’s put this into perspective

>haggard looking raspy old man loses job
      >does the most loserish of drugs. crack and coke.
      >bases life around money as principle of “winning”
      >losing money due to poorly made investments
      >sells all baseball memorabilia (keeps Babe Ruth ring)
      >pays women for sex
      >one leaves anyhow
      >he’s missing teeth (inb4 look at dem teef)
      >he has no humor
      >he has no talent
      >manic depressive
      >people keep him around as a joke. a broken down pile to laugh at
      >WINNING! I agree!

• Lindsey says:

I just had to say this – I see how you added all these points together, and I agree with most of them, but some of them are irrelevant. I was diagnosed with severe manic depression 6 years ago and I haven’t gone crazy. My teeth are far from perfect. I don’t have many talents, and I’m sure not that funny, but still lead a productive life. His biggest problem is he can’t deal with the fame, the drugs, unwillingness to do anything about them, and now he’s too full of himself, that’s all.

• Wagner says:

who cares? you are mentally off. no one cares to read about it.

• Rosa says:

I care that she said what she said. So BTFU.

• Ace says:

Care more about reading what she says then you, you douche.

• Ben says:

Wagner – your comment has got to be one of the most insensitive, hurtful and stupid comments I’ve ever seen posted on the internet. You should be ashamed of yourself. Lindsey – thank you for posting your thoughts. I agree with you.

• Jeo says:

Dude, I hope you die alone a slow and painful death!

• silva says:

and your an asshole!

• zyzz says:

all of you that replied to wagner need to shut up
            stop being keyboard warriors no one does honestly care what some depresso thinks about anything

• SkyHawk says:

I think you are also an attention craver, too. You bare your problems to the world “oh woe is me, I have so many problems”, hoping someone from the great vacuum of the internet will care. Well here’s the truth in a nutshell. No one cares. We all have problems. Do we go on and on and on about it (on the internet of all palces)? No. We shut up and accept it. You can’t say you didn’t expect comments like this. It’s the internet, it happens. You can RAEG, or you can just grow up and accept that some people really don’t care.

• SkyHawk says:

*places

• b says:

She didn’t “go on and on” about it, nor did her comment at all read like someone seeking attention.

She basically just said “Look, I have some of those same problems, and I am nowhere near as much as mess as Charlie Sheen right now, so clearly those problems are not his main ones.” Her point wasn’t to get attention for herself, but to call attention to the fact that people with certain problems (like bipolar disorder – if I admit that I share the diagnosis, am I also attention-seeking) don’t need the extra stigma of being associated with someone who is blowing up as publicly as Charlie Sheen.

And I agree with the sentiment, although while his narcissism and drug use are probably the biggest problems his other ones probably don’t help him deal with those.

• Charlie Anonymous says:

They should Fire Chuck lorre and Keep Charlie The star of the show If we loose Charlie Sheen this is a GREAT lose for CBS and Warner Com
          Remember this is a business and our business is our Advertisers
          Two and a Half men would never have been so successful with out our star and replacing Charlie is the dumbest thing I’ve heard in my 20 years of television production
          Maybe Charlie needs help not abandoned

• DL. says:

ONE! Chuck Lorre is the creator of Two and A Half Men.
            With out Lorre there would be no show to begin with for Charlie, Sheen to claim tobe the one and only star of. (Which for a fact,
            Not an opinion) He is not! It takes a lot more than just one,
            Celebrity to make or break a TV Show, It take Chemistry,
            Between all actors and actress involed in the show to make it work.
            If one character in the show is not working to the show advanage.
            than they either replace the character all together or change it to make the character better. So the show can be productive.
            With out costars, To play the other characters in the show.
            There would be no show! From The Character of Alan, all the way to,
            The character Of Berta, and all the ones in between,( Herb, Rose,
            Judith, Evelyn and Jake0 with every other character that adds to this show. With out all the actors and actress that play these charcter’s each with talenet, strive, and the know how of what,
            Their character needs from them to be brought to life.
            If it were not for these suporting…. I take that back.
            I can not for the life of me, TO GET MYSELF TO WRITE.
            That these great and wonderful actors and actress, Of the show.
            Two and a half men, were suporting cast to Charlie Sheen Character,
            When in fact these men and women who played these characters on, this show are equally entitled to the same gratitude and praise,
            As Charlie Sheen, If it weren’t for this cast of men and women,
            THAN TELL ME. REALLY TELL ME! Who would Charlie Sheen’s,
            Character tell, to change his sheets and tell his woes of his,
            muoching leach of a bother, to, if not for the character, Berta.
            who would he tell to get out of his house, you low life moching leach, or say by now Alan, I can claim you as a depentant on my taxs.
            and your knuckle head son too, with out the characters of Alan and,
            Jake. So you see Charlie Sheen is not the only star of this TV hit,
            Show. So is everyone one of them, from the rest of the cast, to its,
            crew, all the way up to it’s creator, producers, to the studieos,
            with out all the wonderful ppl, with their chrmistry,perseverance, and endurance to go to work and film this show each and everyday.
            Dealing with their own personal promblems too.
            With out all of these wonderful ppl as a whole!
            There never would have been a show, called.
            TWO AND A HALF MEN, for us to watch and Love.

• TLB says:

Charlie is definatly the star of the show nd he is great but mayb some of yall should look back on what was said in the news up there…..he didnt wana be in the show anyways….so either way its a loss!! Id b surprised if they gave him another chance nd he actually took it!

• stOneskull says:

treacherous trolls, they are.

and prim and proper penelope popping pills..
            pointing and pouting at the warlock.

a real-world charlie harper too freaky to handle.

keep fantastical immorality safe and sound on the idiot box.

hypocritically critical of a dream that is not..
            in your looking glass.

• cheese says:

Charlie Sheen sure has a lot of people who are experts on what his problems are and the apparently simple solutions to said problems. He’s also apparently a bad person.

Why is a manic depressive person telling anyone how to live their life?

People love to look down on others don’t they.

• andrew01 says:

no one asked about YOU

• God's Son says:

How dare you speak of Charlie in the manor he is a great actor without him i would of never watch two and a half men, he is the main comedy on that rotten show, his mind and attitude brought the whole show together, who are you to hate on him could you ever do it? TELL ME COULD YOU GO THROUGH HIS STRESSFUL LIFE AND NOT TURN TO DRUGS! YOU HAVE NO CLUE WHATS ITS LIKE TO BE FAMOUS ESPECIALLY NOW PREPARING FOR THE NWO HE WAS PROBABLY USED AS A PUPPET THATS WHY HES HAPPY TO LEAVE AND GOD BLESS HIM FOR HE IS A GREAT MAN AND YOU HAVE NO RIGHT ONLY GOD CAN JUDGE. PEACE LOVE AND PROSPERITY TO ALL

• stOneskull says:

the betrayal of the trolls gives freedom.

the fear of what others think dissolves..
          when those others turn out to be trolls.

then you can be your self..

haha!

• Bloox says:

Seriously, he’s the main comedy? he’s an actor that rattles lines from a script. and that could be done by any other actor and still be funny. don’t get me wrong I think Charlie Sheen brought a lot to the show and i’m sorry to see him go. and I’m not going to knock him for turning to drink and drugs, as this happens all too often to actors.
          this frequency is something that should be looked into. we have lost a lot of stars to drugs and drink, we need to know why

• Lucy says:

I Love Charlie, The show is,nothing with out him. Me and my boyfriend always refered it to charlie. Is Charlie on yet? We refuse to watch itwithout

• Lucy says:

We will not watch 2 and a half men without Charlie! The show is about Charlie! And as long as he was showing up for work it nobodys damn business what he did in his personal life. So what he makes mistakes. Whatever person who hasnt made a mistake throw the first stone. But Charlie sure has been entertaining us through all these years of 2 and a half men! I Lov

• Mark says:

I think it’s less of an issue with his personal life than it is with the fact that he went on the radio with a profanity-laced verbal tirade against his boss that is the ultimate reason he got fired. To put this into perspective, consider somebody who secures a contract that is supposed to last a certain amount of time, and then they proceed to rail against his boss in so many offensive ways that it isn’t remotely funny, and then they should somehow expect to ever return to work, or worse, expect to sue the company for firing them due to the broken contract, while, at the same time, still being wholly free to look for work elsewhere? If he had so many issues with his boss being arguably abusive towards him all this time, I feel compelled to point out that he was not a slave, and he was quite free to find alternative employment. And lots of people have issues with their bosses anyways, but most people have the sense to not air their grievances in a highly offensive and quite public fashion where it is going to get back to those that cut the person’s paycheque. Those that do not abide by this quite simple policy get canned. Plain and simple.

• terri haas says:

This bastard son of Martin Sheen is a buffoon. He is atypical of
        Hollywood brats that make it big, screw up, scream like a crybaby, only to watch their career go down the toilet, and can NEVER make a comeback. Boo-hoo. Good riddance and this stupidity he’s doing now is nailing the final nails in his career coffin…I love it though…the stupider he acts, the more he proves what a low-life moron he is. Good luck Charlie on getting theatrical work in the future in your lifetime. Thank God CBS has the vision to rid your worthless a*s.

• ernie says:

I think hes a great actor and you guys are just jealouse that you dont have his talent. Wihout him there is no two and a half men

• Filipe says:

I was getting sick of Two And A Half Men because it was always the same thing charlie would get in trouble with women and alan would suppourt him it was always the same thing. so i think Ashton Kutcher is best for Two And A Half Men

• Rowan says:

So far they have not cancelled the show – although I think they all know that it will be hard to keep up the viewers without the Charlie/Alan chemistry.

I read the letter the Warner Bros. Attorneys sent Charlie’s lawyers. Charlie doesn’t have a leg to stand on. They have him dead to rights with the firing AND not paying him for the right episodes they pulled. In fact, they can sue HIM for the lost revenue from these and the two episodes they pulled because if him last season.

Charlie also isn’t honest about always hitting it out of the park on stage this season. They have filmed proof of all the times he forgot his lines, missed his marks, etc. because of his physical and mental condition. They even had to move his marks so he could lean on things because he was unable to stay in place without help.

Sorry, Charlie, but this looks bad for you.

• Suncatcher says:

Absolutely. CBS and Warner Bros. showed amazing restraint (probably while the suits decided where they stood legally with a rogue employee with a contract). Their response to Sheen’s psychotic shrieking over the past several weeks was conservative. THEY could sue HIM for breach of contract, slander, defamation, global damage to the reputations of CBS, Warner Bros., the show, and execs of the show, and more.

The stage workers and support actors have been considering a class action lawsuite against Sheen for over a week now for putting them all out of work this season. I say, sue his a** off!

Sheen may die of egomania before any intake of drugs – and that’s so sad. I feel bad for his Dad and his family who are helpless to help.

• laughing says:

Yeah it’s not good for the cast and crew but he definitely needed to be gone. What is worse is that CBS ignored all his other behavior in the past and allowed him to continue his drug and hooker binges, beating up wives and girlfriends, etc, just because they were making money.

• SybilT says:

His lawyer issued a statement this afternoon basically saying, “Hey, you tolerated his terrible behavior for years, you didn’t fire him when he beat his wife, you didn’t fire him when he trashed a hotel room at the Plaza, why are you firing him now?”

Also, his lawyer claims that his contract has no morals clause (what a surprise) and that the clause that permits them to fire him for a felony or moral turpitude requires him to be formally charged with a crime. Committing felonies in plain sight is apparently not enough.

The producers are greedy fools who didn’t want to fire the goose who laid the golden eggs, and Sheen is clearly mentally ill, in addition to be a profoundly spoiled and egotistical man. The wonder of it all to me is that anyone ever thought the show was funny. I watched it a few times, and I found it painfully unfunny.

I feel very very sorry for his four children under the age of seven.

• susela says:

They didn’t ignore his behavior; they got him into rehab a year ago following the incident with his wife. And they tried to get him into rehab this time, too. I don’t think they suspended him because they felt wounded or offended by his rants—rather, his statements were evidence of an increasingly incapable man. How could they bring him back to the set after firing his sobriety coach and going on a media binge?

• JB says:

Stick a fork in it, this show is done! A half hour of watching someone constantly masturbate because he took a pill is not funny, just sad. John Cryer is better than that!

• trespea says:

I feel bad for his family too. He just won’t stop and I fear someone (will) die. If not himself if he has clarity and sees what he’s done or worse, his kids to “get back” at his ex’s. In which he will justify it. So sad!

• Patrick Munn says:

Not entirely true, the situation around Sheen’s pay was that he had agreed to voluntarily do the remaining episodes of season 8 sans pay so that the crew would be paid for any missed episodes. As for what sheen was saying about ‘taking the bazillions’ in his statement to TMZ, that was referring to his ‘Pay or Play’ contract, basically meaning regardless of whether The show is cancelled or goes forward without Sheen, under his contract he has to be paid for a ninth season

• Suncatcher says:

Not sure Patrick. Sheen seems to have broken HIS contract first. It would be helpful to hear from an attorney here on this. My guess is that this will be in court for a very long time, no matter what…

• Rowan says:

Read the letter from Warner Bros. lawyer. He does not have a pay or play contract. Chuck Lorre has it in HIS contract that he can decide to shorten the season due to certain reasons (and what is happening falls under that area cleanly) and Charlie’s contract is based only on how many episode are actually produced. They only produced 14 episodes, so he only got paid for 14. That is very clearly laid out.

They are allowed to fire him for a variety of reasons – including if the producers believe in good faith that he has committed a felony (he doesn’t need a conviction or to even be charged, just that the producer truly believes the felony took place. Charlie has already admitted to procuring a briefcase fill of coke (felony), that he and the others did the coke (providing drugs for others is another felony). They also have proof on film of his bloopers showing he often forgot his lines and where his mark was – and had to move his marks to areas where he cold lean on things because he was too physically spent from partying to stand up on his own. Under those conditions they can fire him and the rest of his contract is void.

• trespea says:

Rowan do you have a link to go to the footage of mis-takes on the set?

• Rowan says:

I never said Warner Bros released the footage, only that the letter from their attorneys said the have the outtakes as proof he did not deliver performances in the consistently great manner he repeatedly claimed he did in all of his interviews.

• Andrew says:

Seems Charlie is standing up very well with CBS/Warner Bros on the losing end with only 1 season left and $125M down. Watched SE9 episodes 1&2 and definitely Ashton doesn’t bring the chemistry that Charlie had carrying the show for 8 seasons…

only reason so many people watched the first episodes is to see how bad the show could be without Charlie. Mission accomplished and now let the viewer rating fall as expected.

4. XK says:

So it’s now 1 and half men? Or is the show not coming back for the 2011-12 season?

(I don’t watch it… just curious)

5. Dan says:

I don’t watch the show myself, but if they want to continue the show, I think Jason Bateman would be a perfect replacement for Sheen’s character.

• bondfool says:

Please don’t do that to Jason Bateman.

• Rowan says:

you can’t recast Charlie’s character after 8 years. This isn’t a soap opera where everyone is interchangeable. They will have to get rid of the character and bring in a whole new guy to fill the void.

• Amanda says:

They’ll never recast his character. We are talking about bringing in a new character or working the show with only the current cast. I think they should send Charlie overseas for a while by saying he got a job scoring a new foreign tv show or something. Then either have Mom move in or bring in another “family” member played by a new cast member.

• wanda says:

I’m sorry the way things turned out with Charlie, Two and a Half Men was my favorite show. I cannot believe that it would work with replacing Charlie’s character, but having Charlie move to London with Rose and adding a new character I think Rob Lowe, would be a great fit.

• Erica Kane says:

Ahem! Rowan, not everyone on a soap opera is interchangeable.

• Hannah says:

They kind of are. Generally, as well as the idiocy of soap operas, they also tend to put in new actors that look completely different, seemingly hoping no one will notice. So they often are.

6. KC says:

aw man. my grandma’s gonna be so disappointed! that was her SHOW

7. Jacques says:

This story is getting juicier & juicier every day! Very curious about how this will end … prolly in court.

8. Tucker says:

It had to happen. For WBTV and CBS to have any sort of respect for themselves and to put a foot down on any similar sort of behavior happening in the future, this is the only way it could play out.

Kudos to them for doing the right thing.

Now, hopefully, the people in Sheen’s life can help him see he needs to get help.

9. Goober says:

Get him on Chuck . The show could use the ratings that Sheen delivers . He could play Timothy Daltons estranged brother ‘ Charlie Volkoff ‘ lol

10. Sydney says:

I literally gasped when I saw this headline, but I can’t say I’m surprised. This was totally coming his way.

11. mary says:

That’s too bad for TAAHM fans, but I wouldn’t want Charlie Sheen to work for me so I can understand their decision.

• d1ggitydan says:

Two and a Half Men had viewers?

• Simon says:

Somehow it was one of the most popular shows on TV.

• Rowan says:

Strangely, it is the highest rated sitcom on TV.

• lisa morland says:

i know?everyone is different, i loved seienfeld and friends, but tried wathcihng 2 and half men and just did not feel the show, in charlies defence, he has good stage presence, and delivered his lines well…everyones taste is different. it is hard for me to undertand the attraction to that show as well, and i was told it kinda put down religion?

12. Debby says:

Good. I wish him well but I’m SO tired of hearing about him. How could you be “winning” when you’ve lost friends, family, kids, job and respect from your piers? Get help Charlie! REAL help!

13. John says:

Pretty much had to happen, if he was welcomed back as if nothing happened his ego would have sky rocketed (even higher than it already is)

14. Scott says:

GOOD !! What took so long ??

15. jin says:

Nathan fillion would be a good replacement, though I love castle and wouldn’t want that to end either

16. Alli says:

Its beyond sad. He’s talented, but needs to get his life together and find joy. Otherwise this will never end.

17. Jewell says:

About time they fired Charlie, they held his job while he supposedly did rehab? Then he bath mouths everyone. I think CBS should sue him.

18. Mel says:

Yeah, couldn’t see how they’d have him back after all this. He burned every bridge he could possibly burn. Although the headlines don’t match — firing him and canceling the show are two different beasts.

• Christine says:

Actually, they *are* firing him, it hasn’t been decided whether the show should be canceled yet. That’s a likely outcome, but the decision at this point is a termination more than a cancelation.

19. yasin says:

Not surprised at all.

20. #tigerblood says:

Trolls!

• d1ggitydan says:

I’m really starting to think that Charlie Sheen and the people that follow him don’t know what a troll is….. a troll is someone who does something outrageous/stupid in order to garner attention, see where I’m going with this? Probably not, because you are beyond my understanding right? lulz

• SAM says:

Thank you for writing that because it saved me the trouble. ;-)

• anon says:

The term ”troll” was in use somewhat before ”gaming” was invented – perhaps a check on google???? Or a dictionary??? BTW for others, 45, Sheen’s age, does not categorise him as an old man, but does put him at an age where his vocabulary allows him to use words that have apprently lost their original meaning for much of the population.

• Rowan says:

I think Charlie means the kind of trolls that are in fairy tales. You know, the ugly monsters that live under bridges and in caves, not internet or gaming trolls.

21. Lynn says:

Finally CBS grew a brain. Hopefully this means the end of the media kissing CS’s ass

22. Renee says:

I am so amazed on the attention spent on Charlie Sheen. What about what he’s done to his fellow cast mates, production crew, etc.? He’s screwed a LOT of people out of work because of his antics.

I just hope that karma keeps up with him.

23. Terrie says:

Not surprised, only right! This man-child is very disturbed! Very scary and dangerous!!! Keep him away from small children, especially his own !!!!0

• Jillpushedjack says:

Uncalled for I think. He does have problems but don’t get carried away.I love the show and will miss Charlie. Say what you will I don’t believe anyone could take his place. Perfect, really. Do tell.

24. Chris says:

If they want to keep it on so badly surely the kid has reached puberty by now. All he has to do is knock someone up, he gets stuck with his newborn son while he still lives with Jon Cryer. Don’t even need to change the title.

25. Jesse says:

About effing time. Can we just forget he exists now, PLEASE?

26. Simon Crook says:

Continue the show, but have Judith throw Herb out. After some particularly interesting plot device requiring Alan to be sent to prison for some length of time, Herb moves in with Alan into Charlie’s house.

I’d love to see Berta having to follow Alan and Herb around.

‘Shut your piehole, Herb!’

27. Jessica says:

Hopefully this means that the Charlie Sheen frenzy will disappear in a few days. Even though I never watched the show, I do feel bad for the rest of the cast and crew. I also hope that everyone stops saying ‘Winning’ all the time. It’s already tired and annoying!

• Lisa says:

My thoughts exactly!

• Rowan says:

Sadly it won’t die down unless he listens to his attorney when he’s told that his continuing public rants just prove Warner Bros. Television’s point.

Whatever he sues them for (I’m guessing the $16M plus a massive amount of punitive damages (there is no cap on punitive damages in California), Warner Bros should sue him for more. I will be very upset if they settle out of court and give him any money. He is entirely in the wrong here.

28. Hillary says:

They had to do it. I wonder if the show will come back. Interestingly, the last new episode that aired had Charlie and Rose heading to Euro Disney . . . they could stay there. I’d give the show a chance if the grandmother moved in and we had more of Herb and Alan.

29. joe blow says:

Honestly, I am a massive Charlie Sheen fan, but you can’t do anything but respect the decision of Warner Bros./CBS… If they were to give Charlie a raise or even let him keep his job, then more and more cast/crew members would be pulling off his antics.

Charlie needed to be made an example out of. However, this does mark the death of 2 and 1/2 men.

30. DoomCookie says:

Unemployment = #PlanBetter

31. nice says:

Nice… Now he can collect royalty checks and not have to work for them… Winning!

32. Robyn says:

You know,other shows have recast and kept the character name (think Darren Stevens in “Bewitches”) I would love the “In you face: if they recast another Charlie and kept filming. I never thought Charlie Sheen was the end all be all of that show.
    I think John Stamos has the right snark for the part!

• Melissa says:

Me too! I love John Stamos… How about a long lost brother who moves in after Charlie dies? He’d be nice to look at Monday nights… Much better than Sheen.

• lolie says:

I don’t know if John Stamos is sleazy enough. A comedian on “Chelsea Lately” suggested Christian Slater. I think he would be perfect. He could step right into the role without missing a beat. Though why he (or anyone) would want to is a mystery . . . though I hope the show continues, just because.

• kelly says:

Yes!! John Stamos is the absolute BEST choice for the role. He is muscially talented and quite handsome. Please don’t take 2-1/2 Men away CBS/Warner Bros. The show can go on without Charlie Sheen. The Rose and Charlie staying in London is the a great idea. Just bring in a new cousin, that could be John’s role. Or even, Emilio Estevez, has he given up show biz? He would be a natural for that.

• Stephanie says:

Isn’t Emilio Estevez like 15 years older than Charlie? I seriously doubt that he would make a very good womanizing character.. He would go better as Charlies stepdad! LOL.. Although I do hope that they do not cancel the show. Charlie can be replaced. They need to find someone better looking with a little more SPUNK!

33. Leslie B says:

Good decision. Charlie has been the least funny/interesting person on the show for several seasons now.

34. Barbara B says:

Thank God Charlie has been fired!!! His brain has already been fried!! He is so full of himself..There is nothing sexy about this nasty person..He is easily replaceable!!! I have a few ideas so write if interested:)

35. bettina says:

Well all I can say is that two and a half men will b very boring from now on. So they might as well discontinue the show as I think charlie sheen made the show.

36. amy slack says:

I think the show can definitely go on… Judith could throw Herb (Ryan Stiles) out and he could move in with Alan. Charlie’s absence could be explained by him going on a world tour doing his children’s songs/program. I think it would be funny as hell to see the nerds Herb and Alan trying to pick up girls and raise Jake, and if the woman Alan was with is still with him, even better! The rest of the cast including Berta, Rose, Jake and Alan’s mother could still work real well.

37. Shayde says:

Another stupid Hollywood decision.

Think of the ratings this show would have gotten when it got back on the air. Superbowl ratings.
    Now there’s no reason to watch. Charlie’s golden goose comment was spot on.

• Kay says:

So its a good decision to let someone go on and destroy themselves all for good television? Seriously? Wow.

38. Brian says:

Um…silly shirts???

I own half of those!

39. Sheldon says:

Forget him and hire John Stamos.

• Sue says:

I hope John Stamos has better things to do with his time.

• Darlene Williamson says:

DEAR WARNER BROTHERS AND CBS … KEEP THE SHOW… REPLACE SHEEN WITH BRITISH COUSIN…. RUSSELL BRAND I THINK IT WOULD BE GENIUS…JUST A THOUGHT

40. Alexis says:

haha – breached whale

41. Donna says:

Finally some sanity. Keep Two and a Half Men but recast with a plausible seque.

Just watchd Ep 2 of Sheen (crack) Korner. If all the sycophants disappeared and he was on the street rambling in the violent way he is, he would be locked up in seconds. This is a dangerous man who is no longer able to keep up the appearance of rationale thinking. Before he murders someone (which he mentions about every two seconds) someone needs to step in and get him the help he needs so badly.

42. john says:

Look at it this way, if the show returns next season, they’re looking at huge ratings for that first episode back

43. Abby Zauss says:

Big mistake. Why is ok for Charlie to play a womanizing, drunken badboy on TV but he can’t do it in real life? Hypocrites! I could care less what people do in their personal lives as long as they do their job and don’t hurt anyone but themselves. Charlie has been more entertaining on the news this week than he is on Two and a Half Men! I won’t watch it without him. Shame on you CBS.

• Tucker says:

Dean Martin’s public “persona” was that of a drunken lush but the guy rarely touched alcohol in his private life. The reason being that one is a character and the other is a life with responsibility and the possibility to harm one’s self and those around them. Charlie’s personal life is now encroaching on his professional life. In anyone’s job, that’s grounds to be fired, especially if the employer has actually tried to help out in what ways they can.

• SAM says:

You wrote: “I could care less what people do in their personal lives as long as they do their job and don’t hurt anyone but themselves.”

Did you REALLY write that in all sincerity? He’s not doing his job! He’s missed work, plus CBS has it on film that he’s not memorizing his lines or hitting his mark! AND HE’S BEEN ARRESTED MORE THAN ONCE FOR HURTING WOMEN!!!!

• Moonlightlady339 says:

I’m sorry but that’s the most moronic comment I’ve seen so far. Do you realize that when a person takes a “job”…any “job” that there are “job requirements” and guidelines that must be followed. Mr. Sheen caused productions to halt, caused other cast members to lose pay, he disrespected his bosses…those were things he did “during his employ”. Anyone who has half a brain knows that when your “nightlife interferes with your daylife”, you’re in trouble. Charlie Sheen’s lack of appreciation for his HUGE salary also is simply disgusting. There is no one on this planet who is “irreplaceable”. What’s even sicker is this man, who is behaving like a child, had “four children”. Do you honestly think they they are NOT affected by all of this? GET REAL!!!!Warner Brothers exhibited an amazing amount of patience in this situation. I respect their decision.

44. Leanne balazs says:

Ah, but those funny shirts have made you squillions of bux thow my friend :)

45. readinrobin says:

I think Herb and Judith should split up, and Alan and Herb could rent an apartment or a house together, thus making Herb the replacement for Charlie. Although I love Judith and would like to see more of her character.

46. BP says:

I’m disappointed, I enjoyed this show, but Charlie’s right! He made gold out of that tin can. If they think they can easily replace Sheen, they’re sadly mistaken. There’s a lot of sleeping people out there and they stir only enough to criticize. If ya can’t wake em up, shake em up! See ya on the parallel plane Charlie!

47. peter says:

well there goes two and half men. That show is and was charlie sheen, not to say his life was one that I think anyone should lead. But without him you have no show.

48. Melissa says:

How about a spin off about Berta? She’s so funny!!!!! I loved her.

• stOneskull says:

a lesbian affair with alice from the brady bunch leads to a live-in relationship. 9:30pm on HBO rated MA (nudity, sex scenes)