Blind Item: Which Show Will Be Seeing Double?

The fans of a certain primetime actor will double their pleasure by season’s end, when their favorite star pops up in a dual role.

Is this a case of an “evil twin” (viva Grant Putnam!), an unexplained doppelganger (remember Peter Brady and Arthur Owens?), or the increasingly trendy alt-universe counterpart? I’m not at liberty to say, because the reveal is meant to be quite the finale-time showstopper. (And trust me, it will be.)

I can only part with this one hint: The show in question is a drama. Also, I’m personally curious to see the performer in question share his/her take on this “double take.”

TVLine Blind Item: Hit Show May Give Diva the Boot

Does this “double blind” item leave you sufficiently twin piqued? Share your guesses about whose workload could be increasing in the comments section below!

1. Liza180 says:

Please let it be 1) Rick castle on castle 2) raylan givens on justified or 3)dean and Sam Winchester on supernatural. Any of those boys woul rotally double my pleasure!

2. Lyss says:

I am thinking NCIS because they mentioned dopplegangers in a spoiler before… at a series high and being number one drama would be the perfect time to experiment especially when they were already picked up for next year!

3. sandra says:

yeah, definitely pretty little liars

4. Martin says:

Maybe Off the Map? If it is in the same universe as Grey’s, then I would maybe think that Otis has some long lost twin or something seeing as Jason George was originally on Grey’s. Just speculation.

5. Terry says:

I just saw this on a Castle update…..
    Castle
    Murder is an everyday occurrence on the set of Temptation Lane, but this time, it’s not an act. Could this mean there won’t be a guest appearance by a previously unknown twin?

6. Amber says:

Is Chuck considered to be drama-ish enough? Because I’m thinking evil Sarah or evil Casey, or maybe even Scott Bakula returns as an evil twin! Oh boy! [sigh blissfully] Love the Bakula. It has to be a show that’s at least a little bit corny, because no self-respecting drama that takes itself seriously would pull the soap opera evil twin trick. For example, can you imagine Law and Order: SVU trying to do something like that? =) Castle was another guess of mine. And Desperate Housewives.

7. jb says:

“twin piqued”…gotta be Kyle McLaughlin!!!

8. Margaret says:

Well it’s been confirmed that Seth Gabel’s alt. Lincoln will turn up in ‘Fringe’. An alt. alt. Peter would be awesome.

9. Nicole says:

Assuming it’s considered a drama, Fringe is the obvious guess. Introducing a third universe that Walter (and Walternate) were unaware of is something I could see them doing. Then we’d meet the third Peter in the finale. That would shake up the dynamic completely and make for a really awesome next season (assuming they get one).

Of course how many times do things turn out to be the obvious?

10. Larc says:

So some main character has an identical twin. And as important as something like that usually is in the life of a normal person who happens to be an identical twin, no mention would have ever been made of it? Hard to swallow is putting it very mildly. The word “impossible” comes to mind.

11. Alyssa says:

The Vampire Diaries? I’m surprised nobody has mentioned it.

12. ErixN says:

Brothers & Sisters! or not.

My first thought was Fringe, but that might be too obvious.

13. Renee says:

My first thought was Leroy Jethro Gibbs.

14. kate says:

i thought of Desperate Housewives…

15. Sophie says:

I bet it’s Pretty Little Liars.

• JohnDoe says:

I’m guessing it has to be a show that people actually watch in large numbers. That show gets a couple million viewers, but nothing people who don’t watch would really care about if they did.

16. Mel says:

NCIS is having a serial killer finale, so maybe….Perhaps it’s EJ ?

17. Brittney says:

Really hope its peter on fringe from a third universe. But maybe thats to obvious

18. Linderella49 says:

Saw film tidbit posted on Castle’s Facebook page and the character depicted was a Beckett look-a-like if ever there was one. Looked totally crazy – Corben Bernsen was in the snippet. Awesome!

19. Emily says:

Please, please, please be Peter on Fringe. If he is an evil guy from a third universe that they are not aware of, that would be awesome. Agreed there is so much we don’t know about Peter. Walternate could of cloned Peter or even someone in Massive Dynamics. Agreed, this could be too obvious.

20. JohnDoe says:

Simon Baker on The Mentalist. My best guess, especially with the Red John storyline.

21. Berenice says:

Hmmm… I think Pretty Little Liars. Maybe Alison had a twin?… That wouild actually explain a lot about ‘A’.

22. Mafalda Neto says:

23. Keith says:

Love the General Hospital reference.

24. boidiva02 says:

I’m thinking it’s BONES and that Booth will have a look-alike who is a suspect in a case?

25. Ryan says:

Clark Kent/Superman

26. Emgee says:

After tonight’s “House,” maybe our favorite doctor might start hallucinating again.

27. Marie says:

What about Hugh Laurie on House?

28. Trudy Handel says:

Castle.

29. ale says:

I think is between Fringe and Smallville for the alternative universe stories.
    But I bet is Smallville because next episode is in earth2

30. VBarkley says:

It’s Chuck

31. Susi says:

I’m going for a wildcard guess… Bones and it’s Hodgins’ brother. :O

Although I’d like it to be fringe…

32. Ang says:

Darren Criss on Glee. Blaine will have a straight twin named Shane. That way he can date the girls and sing all the solos that Blaine doesn’t get. ;)

Just kidding of course but it really does seem like Darren Criss is everywhere and getting more screen time and songs than the regular cast of Glee… I like him too but I’m getting burnt out.

33. Melissa says:

Spencer Reid on Criminal Minds? His family situation seems ripe for a secret twin brother. Also, I remember Matthew Gray Gubler commenting in interviews that he was “very curious” to see the new spinoff, and in the hint section it says “I’m personally curious to see the performer in question…” Hmm…that’s a strangely worded sentence now that I read it again. There’s a hint in there, people!

• Charli says:

They are already working the drama with Reid and the whole ‘is he going crazy after all’ stuff

So if they did it then he’s hallucinating, not an actual twin or look a like.

Otherwise it’s too dumb soap opera for them

34. Debi says:

Christina on Grey’s. Owen want a baby & she does not, and they are not trying, so I think it will be her. And Meredith will be upset, since she is tyring and can’t seem to get it right.

35. kit174 says:

‘evil twin’ that just makes me wonder if the show you are talking about is Pretty Little Liars?

36. Beth says:

Is it Gossip Girl? *suspicious*

37. Nat says:

Its Stewie right!

38. Pearl says:

Castle would be really great. And Jane would be so awesome. We know that is a hot guy, because is double of pleasure. And its a leadman with a lot of fans in a showstopper. I’m saying its a man because he said “actor” even if he used “his/her” in the end. The person never played twins (cause Matt said he’s interested in see the guy in this position). And we know that the part of the “twin/doppelganger” reveals the show.

So, i’ll have to wonder: Could be my dear dear Damon? *_*

39. Alex says:

Previews of next weeks Shameless prove it’s Frank Gallagher (William H. Macy) – didn’t see that one coming. Should be interesting

40. RickyD says:

I’ll say it’s Fauxlivia’s son…. Peter Jr.

41. Ariana says:

I’m thinking House- now that he’s back on Vicodin the hallucinations could come back

42. Ceecile says: