Pilots: Perfect Couples Star Gets Bent

Get More: News, Pilots, Scoop

David Walton has been tapped as the male lead opposite Amanda Peet in NBC’s single-camera comedy pilot Bent. The romantic comedy  enters on a recently divorced Type A single mother (played by Peet) who tries hard not to fall for the sexy surfer dude contractor (Walton) she has hired to re-do her kitchen.

For Walton, the casting is in second position to softly-rated midseason comedy Perfect Couples, which shares the same network, NBC, and studio as Bent. He is the second Perfect Couples star to book a pilot in second position, following Kyle Bornheimer’s casting in the Fox comedy The Council of Dads.

This is the third consecutive comedy pilot at NBC for Walton, after 2009′s 100 Questions and Perfect Couples.

Tags: ,

Comments (11)

• I love this guy!! will def watch this show!

Comment by eddie – March 4, 2011 09:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not cancel Perfect Couples. I may be its lone viewer but it is high quality comedy that keeps me coming back week after week. After FOX ruined my TV season by canceling Lone Star after only 2 episodes (still upset about it!!), the TV Gods owe me big time! Perfect Couples needs a chance to excel!

Comment by Alexis – March 5, 2011 07:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I absolutely agree. What a shame if they don’t go on, I Love this show it is something for me to look forward to on Thursdays. The Vegan Puppy on tonights show – too funny!

Comment by Rich68 – March 17, 2011 08:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think PC is effectively done for. I couldn’t stand it personally, especially the character Walton played but I just stopped watching. No hate.

Here’s hoping he can do better with better writing or a less annoying character.

Comment by Mikos – March 5, 2011 06:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I also hope that Perfect Couples is not cancelled. I think that it is one of the funniest shows on TV with a perfect cast. I pray that this show does not enter the realm of incredible shows that have been let go do to the majority of America watching brainless idiot reality shows like Jersey Shore, Bad Girls Club, Basketball Wives, Celebrity Rehab, etc… I am tired of watching high quality, well written shows like Medium, Men in Trees, Boston Legal, Arrested Development, The Gate, Scrubs and so many more just disappear. I am even more tired of seeing someone like “Snooki” running around making guest appearances and writing books, while Patricia Arquette, who has done movies, has studied her craft and been acting since her teens, is nowhere to be seen. The quality of TV entertainment in American is truly something to be desired, seriously it sucks…!!! All I can hope is that Perfect Couples comes back for another season…please, please, please bring it back….between that and Always Sunny In Philadelphia, I will have atleast two shows to look forward to that I know will make me laugh…!

Comment by Johanna Kohn – March 16, 2011 10:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please do not cancel this; it is really one of the funniest shows on TV currently!!! Parks and Rec is OK and I love Amy but it is by no means as funny as this show!

Comment by Rich – March 17, 2011 08:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Best cast and show on NBC besides Community! LOve the characters.

Comment by Cory Boiwen – March 18, 2011 07:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Give me back my couples!!! Even my marriage-hater friends love it! PLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by Laura – March 23, 2011 09:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • keep perfect couples on TV…HILARIOUS!

Comment by DB – April 6, 2011 12:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If NBC wants to cancel a show, why not Outsourced? That show is terrible and not just a little racist. I watched the Paul Reiser Show. It was AWFUL! Why can’t they just put Perfect Couples back on? Even Seinfeld needed a season or two to really develope!

Comment by Chris – April 28, 2011 12:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I want Perfect Couples back so bad! I have watched all of the episodes multiple times on Hulu, and quote it frequently with my husband and sister. I need more!!!

Comment by Jamey – June 27, 2011 01:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post