Exclusive

Exclusive: NCIS Launches Major Serial Killer Plot

No one can accuse NCIS of resting on its laurels as TV’s most watched scripted hour. The CBS smash is set to close out its eighth season with a dramatic serial killer plot that will span several episodes and (presumably) claim multiple lives.

A NCIS rep confirms to TVLine exclusively that the arc, which revolves around a murdering psychopath dubbed the Port-to-Port Killer, is slated to kick off in the April 5 episode and continue through May Sweeps.

And this menace will prove to be extremely formidable  — so much so that Gibbs will be forced to expand his team. According to an NCIS insider, at least two new special agents will be introduced later this season to assist with the case.

NCIS Exclusive: Ziva’s Boyfriend Is Without A Trace Hunk Enrique Murciano!

One of the two recurring characters is described as “a well-traveled and experienced federal agent who is happy to be reunited with his team in their new DC home.” Are you thinking what I’m thinking? ‘Cause I’m thinking this guy’s got ties to the Sarah Jane Morris’ newly introduced overseas detective EJ Barrett. (As Michael Weatherly told us, Morris’ Special Agent will “arc out toward the end of [the] season and be a part of that epic season-finale situation.”)

NCIS‘ Michael Weatherly: Newcomer EJ Revives Tony’s Spirit

I’m also going to go out on a limb and predict the PTP Killer will target (and possibly take out) a member of Gibbs’ team. Just a hunch.

Thoughts? Do these season-ending serial killer arcs give you the heebie-jeebies? Are you worried TPTB may use the opportunity to make some cast changes as the show heads into its ninth season? Sound off below!

1. Achilles927 says:

I doubt the whole of NCIS’ average 20 million viewers dislike Ziva/Tiva. Thats just unrealistic and short sighted. I’m like a lot of people…I never watched NCIS on CBS and only got into it because of the repeats on USA…which I still watch daily. NCIS is one show where I can watch repeats and not mind. I have since purchased all seasons and watched most of them. So although I am not an 8 year fan – I have seen them all. Several times. Kate was great, but the show doesn’t lack anything for me with her gone. I also dont feel Ziva necessarily made it “better”…just different. I dont have a strong opinion, like many, regarding the whole Tiva thing. It was cute and I like seeing it from time to time. Would they work as an actual couple? Does any TV couple ever actually work out? Rarely. So I doubt this will ever be either. As for speculating who should go and who should stay…anyone of you could be right. Cotes apparent lack of a contract renewal could be nothing more than a red herring. Granted, she may want to purse other interests, but that doesnt mean she has to be killed off to do it. Extended leaves seem far more likely. As mentioned, NCIS is a winning formula. No one is going to want to let her go just yet, but they may be willing to have her be less visible. A coma perhaps? Yes – overdone, but often effective. It would certainly shake up the team – even Tony. Might be a catalyst to bringing the more focused Tony back around. Actors leaving succesful shows to pursue other things rarely works out either. Look at our little red haired friend Horatio Kane …(wont even say his name because I’m still angered over the whole NYPD thing nor will I watch his show). he wanted to be a big STAR and he was obscure for years before he jumped back to network tv where his less than considerable talent was utilized. Sasha wanted to do other things as well and I havent seen in her anything. The list goes on. Even before hearing all this speculation about someone going I thought Vance was on the chopping block. After his brush with death, his questions about his life and career, etc… it just seems like they are setting his character up for something. If not death – departure. Seems like it would be cliche to kill of another director. Tony has already taken Gibbs job once – doing it again also seems unlikely. And Gibbs would never be Director. Thats would be completely out of character. Yeah he stepped in once…and hated it. No way he takes that job. The new agent – shes extremely annoying. I find it hard to see how anyone can say they have chemistry after a total of 15 minutes of screen time. Really? A little thing in the shower? Thats not chemistry thats a hard up playboy looking to score. Ok so strictly speaking thats chemistry, but not the way spoken here. If anyone has to go, I’d like to see Vance or Palmer go. Any of the others would be pure sacrilege.

• Cathy says:

I agree with you that Gibbs would never be director. He has said that many times over the past few years – he has even filled in for both Jenny (when she was in Paris) and Leon (when he was out because of his injuries) and he has made it clear that he hated the job.

As far as Tony being described as a hard up playboy looking to score? 1) Tony has not been a playboy for quite some time and 2) anyone as good looking as Michael Weatherly aka Tony is never hard up, lol.

2. emeli says:

No puedo crrer que ahora aparezca una nueva NCIS que se engancha con Tony !!! La serie está cada día mejor en lo que hace a los argumentos, pero en cuanto a las relaciones, nos fuimos al c….. !!!

3. charles says:

Deberían morir la nueva EJ y Ray y así terminamos con esta demora ridícula en afianzar una buena relación como la de ziva y tony.

4. Dj says:

Before he said some one on Gibbs team might get killed he did say that the team would get two new members. So I’m thinking it’s one of the new people they bring in to help find the killer. But since I hate Tiva I wouldn’t mind if Ziva was killed off.

5. Neille says:

I really hope that they do not kill anyone off. If they do, let it be EJ, I hated that woman from the moment she stepped off the elevator! OR you could kill off Ray, that would make my day too.

6. A says:

Look ok I LOVE TIVA I HAVE ALWAYS BEEN A TIVA FAN!!! I LOVE ZIVA AND TONY SOOOOOO MUCH!! I HATE THIS EJ PERSON I THINK SHE TOTALLY NEEDS TO BUT OUT OF THERE!! I AM EXCITED TO MEET THIS RAY THAT ZIVA’S BEEN TALKING ABOUT BUT I HOPE HE DOESN’T STAY AROUND FOR LONG I WHAT TIVA TO HAPPEN ALL THE WAY!! I ALSO HOPE RAY DOESN’T TURN OUT TO BE A BAD DUDE THOUGH ZIVA DOESN’T NEED THAT SHES BEEN THROUGH ENOUGH WITH THAT LIKE SHE SAID SHE REALLY DESERVES SOMETHING PERMINENT THAT CAN’T BE TAKEN AWAY SHE HAS SUCH GOOD CHEMISTRY WITH EVERYONE AND IS SOOO MUCH BETTER THEN KATE AND EJ AND IF THEY KILL HER OFF I AM SOOOOOO GONE SAME WITH DINOZZO IF ANYONE OF THE MAIN CHARACTERS GO IT HAS TO BE VANCE OR PALMER……. AND TO ALL U TIVA OR ZIVA HATERS OUT THERE TIVA IS AWESOME U CAN SEE THEY R SOO DEEPLY IN LOVE THEY JUST CAN’T FIND THE RIGHT WORDS TO TELL EACH OTHER THAT AND THAT STUPID RULE # 12 KEEPS MAKING IT WORSE AND ZIVA IS SUCH AN AWESOME CHARACTER THAT TOTALLY KNOWS HOW TO KICK BUT AND SHOW THAT A WOMEN CAN DO ANYTHING A MAN CAN DO AND COTE DOES SUCH A GOOD JOB PLAYING HER! ZIVA’S MY FAV I LOVE HER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. Robby says:

I think its going to be Direcor Vance that gets killed. we really have seen him much since he was shot. i think they will try to move gibbs into the director position and move dinozzo into gibbs place. and i think Franks is going to come in it to save gibbs tail again.

• Robby says:

you could be right it would be a huge shocker if zivas father became the director. it would also be a huge shocker if they made Franks the director.

• robby says:

muse watson is scheduled to guest star in the season finale i believe so it could get more interesting.

• Bobbie says:

I wonder if Franks will be one that dies?

• Bobbie says:

I just read they are bringing Kort back to! I can see secret meeting in Gibbs basement between Kort (CIA), Fornell (FBI), Mike Franks,Gibbs, Maybe Ray (CIA)to try to oust Vance. I also read that Chad Lindberg (who is know for his serial killer roles and horror flicks)just taped a top secret episode of NCIS. Google him and check it out. But if he is the serial killer I am sure he is not working alone.Possible inside person feeding him investigational info. I find it interesting that we have seen Ray talking on phone to associates and also EJ and also Vance.I don’t think EJ is the serial killer. I think her ambitous attitude will get Tony injured!I think Mike Franks may get killed,Vance made to resign or fired.Maybe Palmer dies.Mcgee takes a new job? I think the dividing of the team again.Maybe Ziva will have to decide if she will go with Ray or stay and help Tony recover. When it comes down to it the team is family.Abby the scientist who never gives up until solved,Gibbs the back bone of the team,Mcgee the hacker the computer and electronic whiz,Ducky the confidant, counselor,profiler,Ziva the strength remember when she was in the safe house and she was talking to Abbey on the phone and she laid the phone down and pulled out both guns and she shot both assailants and then picked up the phone and said everything was taken care of.She is the one they take for back up 1 of Ziva is like having 3 extra people. Tony the light hearted great investigator and the one that watches everyones back. The shrink said it best~ alone they are all fractured but together they are a well oiled machine and that is what makes them work as a team each makes up what the other lacks.

8. A says:

Well i don’t think that they will move gibbs into the directors spot because gibbs doesn’t want to be director he has already said that… i think vance will die and a new director would come.. i know this is never going to happen but it would be intersting to see ziva’s father quit mossad and be the director for ncis that would be a huge shocker!!

9. Martha Escalante says:

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Don’t they dare kill off any of the characters!!! I’ll boycott the show if they do!!! I’m still upset about Kate getting killed!! On second thought, I don’t like EJ, so if she gets dusted off, I’ll be OK with that.

10. jo says:

I wonder if they won’t get rid of MaGee. I think he must be very ill or dying. He’s lost way too much weight for it to be natural. Something is really wrong with him. In last weeks episode he looked gaunt and older because he’s lost too much weight.

11. A says:

like i said none of the main characters better die or i will probable stop watching the show expecally ziva,tony, or gibbs but sadly if one does have to go i hope they die saving someone and put up a good fight they have been together for soooo long they r all like a family i think this season will hit them hard and all of the fans if one does die but all we can do know is pray….

12. Erin says:

What if EJ or Ray (or both) is the serial killer? I think that would be a cool story to go with…but I’m not Brennan, Bellisario, or Jesse Stern so what do I know. As a fan, I do feel that killing any of the current “main” cast (Palmer included) would be a mistake. Also, let’s bring in some more of the recurring roles. I’ve missed them this year. And please, can we get at least one more Tony-Ziva episode this season!
    PS: I wasn’t a Vance fan until the end of last season. This was renewed in S8 with “Enemies Foreign” and “Enemies Domestic.”

13. MB says:

My honest opinion is that Vance will be killed off and Gibbs will take Director. It’s been alluded several times in the show; the most recent being in the latest episode, with DiNozzo telling Gibbs he’d be a good (film) director but the look that Gibbs gave Vance suggested that he wants the chair.

Not only would it allow the producers to add a new character to the show (EJ, perhaps?) and freshen things up (DiNozzo as Boss would certainly do that) but they’re keeping the core cast in place.

We’ve already seen that the show can work with a Gibbs stepping back from the crime (and taking a Jenny role). Freshening the show can extend it’s lifespan (+ for fans and the producers) but give a vast amount of episodes and plots.

God, I hope that it does happen like that.

14. Steven says:

i dont think they should change the cast they are doing good with what they have and the “port a Port killer” i am betting big money it is gonna be Enrique Murcianos character ziva’s boyfriend

• A says:

Yes i agree i think it will be him or this EJ person i really don’t like her and i hope she doesn’t become part of the team…

15. SABLE says:

This is my favorite show. I love all the cast- except Leon (he just doesnit fit like Jenny did). Is everyone forgeting the new girl who caught Tony’s eye? To early (haven’t had my coffee-LOL)can’t think of her name. I prefer watching Ziva and Tony)they make me wonder every week- are they gonna begetting together or not- They always almost get there. Makes me laugh the way they bicker an fuss like a little brother and sister; while at the same time reminding us they are mature and that they are surpressing their feelings
    I remember a few season’s ago when Gibb’s wanted out!! Thank Goodness he didn’t go!! It could be Abbey (I really love her.); but I’ve been seeing her do other things besides NCIS lately. I am with everybody-please make it Leon and the new agents!!! Could also be Tony’s dad or Ziva’s dad. Both of them have been appearing lately. And as much as I hate to say this (I do like McGee) He doesn’t quite fit like he used to. I get this feeling like his caracter is not fitting as well. Almost like be doesn’t feel comfortable with the rest of them. Doc- I remember him in I Spy; shows my age- but here he makes the show!! The Gibb’s; Doc; Abbey thing I love. They are one side of the show while Tony; Ziva; McGee and Gibbs are the other.

• NCIS:MCRT says:

I wouldn’t really mind if Vance left I agree with “SABLE”. He just isn’t like Jenny!:D
      They probably won’t because of his “near death experience” in Enemies Domestic/Foreign!:/

16. NCIS:MCRT says:

There is a lot of things to take into account here.
    Do you really think any of the cast WANT to leave?
    Alexander left season 2, Holly season 5.
    3 years apart? Season 8 is 3 years on from last “major cast” (if you will) death as was Jenny’s death from Kate’s? That’s more of a hunch.
    Each and every member of the “deep six” makes the show what it is!
    If one leaves it would ruin the show and the producers know that.
    They have it perfect now most scripted show on tv it’s what they do next that will determine if they stay at that rank….

17. ncisings says:

i hope nobody dies from the present cast; not even palmer whom we have grown to be fond of. if someone really needs to go, maybe dir.vance has to be the one. he’s been having issues these last episodes.

18. Lori says:

Personally I would love to see a love interest for Mcgee. Poor guy its always Tony who gets the girls. I’d love to see Mcgee and Abby together they have such a chemistry together. Heck we even named our birds after the cast lol so they cant kill anyone off!!. We have watched ncis from day one, and we have all the episodes. So we are huge fans, if anyone LEON, Id like to see him go. I dont like him much at all. I miss Jenny. She was an awesome director. I guess time will tell….. Love to ncis keep up the awesome work!!!

• Cathy says:

Have you been watching the show lately, lol? McGee has gotten more than his fair share of women in the past few episodes.

19. alex says:

If any one dies i will never think about waching the show again

20. Hope says:

I think the show is fine the way it is and I don’t think they should make any changes. Some shows just shouldn’t be messed with. I love all their characters. The show is awsome. Maybe some interaction with other agents and teams but the main team should remain the same.

21. becki killion says:

I am gone too if they mess with the chemistry and Kill someone off just for one week of rating. I will be gone too.

22. Dave says:

If anyone goes i imagine it will be Mcgee. The reason why is Bellisario and Sean Murray are related. So i could see Bellisario sayin hey Sean i got another show im starting and youre gonna be in it. If it is anyone else i think it would shake things up too much. If they are going for a heart stopping shocker then Gibbs or Tony will be the one.

23. Dave says:

Although Seeing Vance die Gibbs becoming director and Tony team leader would be clutch and make the show better.

24. JTC447 says:

THE TEAM WORKS GREAT. DON’T CHANGE IT. MY SON AND I WILL PROBABLY STOP WATCHING.WE HAVE SEEN EVERY SHOW AND OWN 3 SEASONS.

25. Stephanie says:

I think the core team should remain intact. It would not be the same without them. I’m thinking Palmer could go, MAYBE Vance? But then again, I was LIVID they killed off Shepard.

26. sanny says:

nooooooooooooooooooooooooo

27. gibbs says:

I think that Vance is gone and Gibbs will be made director! Then EJ and DiNozzo will fight it out for Team Lead! That will put a crimp in everyone!

28. annette says:

cbs needs to leave ncis alone. this new chick has to go

29. Amber says:

i heard pauly tweated the eyball is some one we know.
    keep in mind it isnt neccesaruily the killer, but possibly the next victim. i was looking at people with blue eyes and the only one that makes sense is trent kort, he has blue eyes hes cia like ray, and if he is the killer, he has been sitting behind a desk recently, and wouldve had time. also, he fits ej’s profile of the killer. hope im right please commment.

30. Delfonso says:

If ain’t broken don’t fix it! How many times do TV executives need to be reminded of this old,very old axiom and yet…they never learn.

My wife and I are devoted fans of Gibbs’s team and, hear this TV execs who feel the need to tinker: you mess with team and we are gone.

So what’s a couple of viewers? Has anyone have any idea how many fans feel the way we do? Maybe you guys should find out before you shoot your own two left feet.

31. J.Benn says:

With this new introduction of the serial killer, I was actually starting to wonder if there was a new writer on the show. I don’t recall NCIS ever doing a serial killer this way. Anyone else notice some of the camera shots from the last show…the open eyes and slightly more graphic dead body pics? Almost seemed like NCIS was trying to go the way of all the CSI shock and gore (not that I don’t enjoy those shows, there’s just a more graphic element to them, I thing). The music seemed different, I’m not liking all the “change” comments, and I’m not thrilled about the introduction of EJ. If you’re tv’s #1 show, what’s the deal with these changes?? I love everything about the show, but I could possibly see a Vance replacement in the future. He’s the only one who doesn’t seem to have the team morale going on. Please don’t EVER get rid of Gibbs…he’s the sexiest man on TV!!

32. Liz says:

If you take away Gibbs, Tony, Ziva, Abby, McGeek or Ducky it would be a HUGE MISTAKE. They are a family and our family on the number one show, that is number one for a reason. If you are going to kill a main character make it Vance or Palmer. I don’t really like Vance he is agitating. Palmer although I like him, I have seen no growth in him as a character. YOu could then introduce a female me. Please, please, please do not take away the core five. They are the best!

33. nis says:

It better not be anyone from the main team!!! I will stop watching. Losing Kate took a while to get over.. But, I have fallen in LOVE with then ALL now. Kill Vance, Palmer or Franks.