Exclusive

Exclusive Glee Video: Watch Gwyneth Paltrow Channel Her Inner Joan Jett

On Tuesday’s Glee, Gwyneth Paltrow reprises her role of McKinley High’s Will-crushing substitute Holly Holiday — and we’ve got an exclusive clip of the performance that will have tongues wagging.

Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on a Glee Death, and More!

This time around, the Oscar winner is filling in for the MIA sex ed teacher. When she gets a tip that the glee club could benefit from a crash course in the birds and bees, she takes her little show on the road. Her first and only stop? Yep, the choir room.

This being Glee, the reproductive lesson is, of course, set to music — specifically the Gary Glitter/Joan Jett randy rock anthem “Do You Wanna Touch Me?” Now sit up straight, open up your notebook and press play. Oh, and no giggling!

1. LOL says:

Jeez, Glee is such an embarrassment. Stick to movies, Gwynnie.

• Avonte' S. says:

I dont feel that that is so.. Its AWESOME!! “Gwynnie” continue..

• postsalot says:

“I dont feel that that is so.. ” I love this. You keep on keepin on Avonte.

LOL, stop being one of those turds who starts of a comment section with a troll/just being a prick for no reason.

• sharion david says:

Glee would be a honor to be on yeah ok im a gleek but gwen is no prize

• Jess says:

It’s not an embarrassment at all, and she is awesome!! Rock on Gwyneth!

• Sally in Chicago says:

She needs the work. Have you seen her imdb profile? She only has one movie out this year. Nothing in the future.

• Bella says:

She is from Hollywood royalty a super wealthy family, and is married to the lead singer of one of the most successful bands of the last decade, I hardly thick she need the work, this is properly just a fun thing forrnher to play around with.

• Rowan says:

I don’t think Sally was talking about needing the money. Gwen has been out of things for a long time. Her Oscar win was 13 years ago and she hasn’t had a stellar performance since. She needs to e in front of the camera to be relevant. That’s why she’s doing the country music thing beyond that lame movie. She’s trying to be relevant again. She NEEDS to be relevant.

• Gwyneth doesn’t even have to look for work. She has scripts sent to her agents, too many to count. She is just doing things she loves to do. She will never go out of style or have a lack of projects she could be doing. She chooses to do the things that make her happy. Right now, its singing. More power to ya!

• Sally in Chicago says:

This is all speculation by you and me, but let’s face facts. She’s 40 y.o. not many movie roles beyond Iron Man….she’s not Natalie Portman who’s probably going to get the lions share of scripts….she’s not Mila Kunis….so she’s trying to stay relevant. Money or not. So Glee keeps her profile out in the public, but she’s boring as hell as a personality.

• miker says:

I don’t really have a reply to your post, I just want to thank you for the sissy poo poo visual.

• Sally in Chicago says:

Let me restate myself: She needs to feel relevant.

• John says:

@ Sally. Get a clue. Get a job. Get a life. Gwyneth Paltrow is in demand and makes more money in a week than you will in your entire life time.

• john says:

could not agree more. This girl is so full of fail its absurd. Please go back to Europe Paltrow.

2. Kristina says:

Could have been worse….

3. kaitlyn says:

hell yeah holly and brittana, the only relevant part of this episode.

4. Melissa says:

I made it on the no giggling until “everybody’s got a random.”

5. Dom says:

EVERYONE HAS GOT A RANDOM, BEST JOKE I HAVE HEARD ON TV IN AGES!! CAN’T WAIT.

6. Yesssss says:

Holly + Faberry = fainting!

7. Cristian says:

She is a great actress and she is gorgeous.

And… and… Did I mention that she is a good actress? :P

8. NIck says:

TERRIBLE.
    From Glam Rock perversion, covered in glitter and sex, to bratty teenagers. (Who, while we’re on the subject, glitter would probably adore.)

• Ismay Woods says:

Wonder what will happen when this is shown here in the UK? Gary Glitter is persona non grata here and it is an unwritten rule for radio stations etc not to play his records.

9. hnnnng says:

i can’t feel my legs.

10. Jen says:

Can’t wait!! Love Love Love Gwyneth Paltrow as Holly Holiday!

11. Allie says:

didn’t love, twas ok. Love the Brittana stuff X3

12. Carlos says:

OK, now I’m in a good mood, for the rest of the day.

13. Mandy says:

She sucks, get her off the show. She butchered that song.

14. RP says:

Will’s note is ADORABLE. I really don’t like Holly Holiday, but if it makes Mr. Shu cute and somewhat relevant again, then okay!

• JB says:

Completely agree with this one! I really don’t get Gwyneth’s role on this, and I hope she doesn’t turn into Will’s girlfriend. That being said, if it does loosen him up a bit then I’m all for it.

Otherwise, her singing isn’t all that great but Will’s note was definitely adorable!

• Becka says:

yeah, Will has had enough weird girls in his life… he deserves someone smart and beautiful. She’s a ditz and almost everything she does make me say “that was dumb.”

But yeah – the sign was cute and mature at the same time.

• Jacob says:

She will be Will’s GF till episode 17 where they break up. The relationship lasts 2 episodes… nice job. More Wemma.

15. Veronica says:

My sex ed teacher did that with us lol jk we watched Lifetime movies.

16. Grignac says:

Santana chair dancing… Yum.

17. A says:

Heather Morris is a so sexyyyy

18. Raluca says:

I liked it. Giver her a chance. I liked her in the last episode. I think it will do go for Pervy Will to actually have his own age love interest now that Emma doesnt want him.

19. jojo says:

AWW!!! missed that epi:{

20. Nate says:

I made it without laughing until the “TOO MUCH?” sign.

• miker says:

I don’t know if it’s me or the writers.

Someone please tell me whether he was referencing her behavior, or answering her question?

21. Zapphe says:

Not liking it one little bit. Too much of a wanna-be sex kitten, not buying it.

22. kasiee says:

omg! i love glee sooo much! it inspires my choir so much that we are doing a glee song! i loved this!

23. Alanna B says:

“And everybody’s got a random.”

Brilliant.

24. Angel says:

I don’t know who told her she could sing. SHE’S HORRIBLE!! She ruins this show EVERY time she is on it and now she has ruined another awesome song for me.

• Singerar says:

Wow – You’re either tone deaf or a troll. Listen to her stuff on “Country Strong”. She almost won a Grammy for it.

• Sally in Chicago says:

She’s an “average” singer. The girls on AI can outsing her…but look at her age – 40. She’s just getting started late….she better know how to dance and be an entertainer. I doubt she could do more than just be a piano bar singer.

• ch says:

o thats a load of crap!

• miker says:

The person ‘whom’ told her that she could sing offerd her (and rewarded her) a contract. Perhaps you should have one, too. (But of a different sort).

25. Singerar says:

FYI – Heather Morris was on Tour with Beyonce. Here’s the video of the famous “Single Ladies”. She was hired by Glee to originally choreograph for the kids but they loved her so much, they put her in the cast. She IS an amazing dancer and paired with Santana, an awesome comedian. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Didk4cGPh0&feature=related

26. Kirstie says:

Love it. She’s a great addition to the show, and I love the budding relationship between her and Will! :)

27. Felicia says:

It was okay. Not to fond of Holly but she leaves fast so its fine. As long as she does not get in the way of Will and Emma I will be okay.

28. Wanda says:

NO I DON’T LIKE HER, WHERE IS WILL AND EMMA!?

29. H. says:

Will’s ‘Too much?’ was spot on. HAA.

30. Paula says:

Love, love, love it.

31. Robin says:

well, I BELIEVE that HS Glee clubs DON’T do that kinda songs…these KIDS are in their 20’s, so let’s keep sight of that !!! and let UR KIDS watch accordingly !!!

• sotogal says:

Faulty keyboard?

• jen says:

Real HS glee clubs don’t sing new songs each week. They sing the same few for a couple of months. However, at my school, once a week or so we’d sing a random pop song through just once to change things up. HS kids also listen to stuff thats much worse. As for the let your kids watch accordingly comment, most parents do that anyway. I’ll do the same thing next week that I did last week. I’ll watch it and, if I feel that my child is mature enough to watch, she’ll be allowed to watch it. If not, she’ll wait. It’s that simple.

32. madi says:

SOO EXCITED!!!! GONNAA BE AMAZING!

33. Josephine says:

Why is everyone being so mean? Don’t be mean.

“everyone’s got a random.” I would very much like to know if Brittany has anyone more random than Mr. Kinney the Janitor.

34. MBAIBERS says:

It on tuesday 8th of March and not Monday!!!

35. lunarmiko says:

Yay cannot wait for the next episode! Love Gwyneth and Brittana is on!

36. Freeagent says:

I don’t care for GP. Also, I used to watch S1 with the kids– no can do with the BIOTA and Sexy epis. Oh, well, at least American Idol isn’t constantly slutting it up.

37. Cath says:

Didn’t giggle at all, not even at the end joke that end of the clip. I think that her voice is very nasal sounding, don’t think that it went well with the song. Most of the time when I hear a song on ‘Glee’, I usually try to find the original as the original is usually better. I do have a question..May we take a break from Gwen, and concrete on the actual cast? No more stunt casting..thanks! :-)

38. Jay Kaye says:

Shame Gary Glitter is in a Thai prison charged with pedophilic rape, no? Puts a whole new spin on this 70`s classic

39. tina says:

Santittany and faberry is soooo freaking on…. i cant wait til this ep!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

40. kelly says:

sorry, but i giggled when the camera panned onto mr shue’s face. and btw i love joan jett.. used to rock her in the headphones of my walkman back in high school.

41. Abbey says:

Such a shame that they have taken yet another song away from a regular cast member and given it to a less talented guest star. Shame on you Glee!

• Cathy says:

I’m SOOOOO glad that I am not the only one who doesn’t think Gwynneth is that great! I mean, listen to her, she TOTALLY sings through her nose (if you know about singing, you’ll know what I mean). Her words are all muddled and stuff too…NOT great, why does everyone think so???? I just don’t get it!!!

42. Lost Apostle says:

Definitely appropriate behavior for a substitute teacher. Glee seems to have very abnormal values

43. phung says:

Gwen probably did her best but Joan Jett’s voice is unique so cannot be duplicated nor matched. Love Rachel and Quinn being friendly:)

• ... says:

she doesn’t need to surpass the original singer..after all..she’s talented still..and i believe her appearance made the show more cute..hope she’ll appear in more episodes though..they look good w/ will

44. Tasha L. says:

Definately not Joan Jett But I liked it…..she’s Hot!!

45. Awesome says:

I don’t really care about GP’s singing I just think she’s so cool. Which is kinda the point of her on the show anyways. LOVE Britana. Heather Morris on her own is so talented and beautiful.

46. EDUARDO says:

SIMPLEMENTE HERMOSO ME ENCANTO SALUDOS DESDE MEXICO

47. Alex says:

This. Is. AWESOME. Gwen did a good job on the song, but all I noticed was Santana and Quinn. Could they be more beautiful?

48. ErixN says:

Gwen’s line at the end made me laugh so hard.

49. Ellie says:

Awww… channelling Joan Jett, really? They had to go there? I can’t imagine she was over the moon about Gweneth Paltrow (who is so autotuned) covering her. To be fair, it wasn’t quite as terrible as I imagined it would be, but isn’t it lame that Paltrow has to sing every number in every episode she’s in. This would have been an awesome Santana or Brittany song. Maybe Brittany can cover Cherry Bomb by the Runaways.

50. Carolyn says:

Love it. At first I was, like, YUCK! But then at the end when she says that RIGHT to Brittany, I’m like, YEAH! Bring on the STDs!