Bachelor's Booted Ashley Ponders Date With Bachelorette! Plus What Made Her Cry, 'Ugh'?

The Bachelor‘s dancing dentist, Ashley Hebert, was sent packing this week after a final date that was so uncomfortable, even she had to avert her eyes!

But during our post-elimination chat, the 26-year-old weighed in on a possible date with The Bachelorette, the “demise” of her relationship with Brad Womack and why she’s actually OK with it.

QUESTION | How would you feel about being ABC’s next Bachelorette?
If they asked … I would definitely consider it. The process worked for me once, and I would be so excited to do it. What I can say is I do think that — despite what most people think — I’m actually a really confident, sincere person [and] I do have a lot to offer. I’m pretty fun girl to be around, I get along really well with people…. I feel like the show really primed me to start dating again, and that’s something I’m excited about. If [ABC] does want me to do it, I think they would be really happy with the end result.

QUESTION | What went wrong in the end? Everything seemed great until your final date with Brad.
There was a lot of miscommunication between Brad and I. I’m certainly at an age where I feel ready to settle down and enjoy the finer things in life, but I really think it was a lack of communication. I have to admit that throughout the whole process I went into it not really expecting to feel as strongly as I did and I guarded myself. I definitely learned a lot from that, and hopefully I can move forward and not make that mistake again.

QUESTION | There’s been a lot of talk about your age factoring into the elimination. How do you respond to that?
A lot of people think that we were in very different places in life, but in my mind we were actually right at the same spot. I’ll never really agree with that, but I think we wanted different things out of life.

QUESTION | Looking back, is there anything you would change about that last night in South Africa?
[Brad and I] should have talked about the important things that we touched on at dinner, but [instead] we continued on with our really fun, light relationship — and that’s where things went wrong. In the end, we ran out of time and that night was the demise of our relationship.

QUESTION | Brad mentioned during that final episode that he always thought you’d be in his final two. Did it hurt to see him say that, after the fact?
Ugh! It absolutely made me feel worse. When I left, the one question I had was, “Will he regret this? Is this something that he thought twice about?” So to hear him say that he thought from the beginning that I was going to be one of the two people, it confirmed what we had, in my mind. It made it harder to live with the regret of being so closed off.

QUESTION | Do you respect Brad’s decision to send you home early and not make you go through an entire rose ceremony?

Oh, absolutely. Especially after watching it and hearing all the things he said about pulling me aside instead of not giving me a rose, I have a whole new respect for him. I left really heartbroken but after seeing that, it helped get a little bit of closure and solidified the kind of relationship we had, which was full of respect and mutual admiration.

QUESTION | Which remaining lady do you think is best for Brad?
It changes from week to week. I thought Chantel O. until last episode, and now I’m a little more apt to say that he’s falling in love with Emily. In terms of what I think Brad wants out of life and in a relationship, I think Emily is probably a better match. But I love him and Chantel together — they compliment each other well.

Are you Team Hebert for the next Bachelorette? Did Brad eliminate the right girl? Sound off below!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

1. Stephie says:

She was so annoying. She will be te next bachelorette and I will not watch. I would never let her work on my teeth. What a ditz.

• Gypsie Ann Reed says:

Wow! When someone is so closed minded it wouldn’t be a loss for the Bacheloette not having you watch it. How superior it must be to make a judgement call such as Ashley is a ditz when one doesn’t even know the women. To me I think it sounds like jealousy to stop watching over only bits and peices we actually see!

2. Sillyshow says:

This show was so bad, that it wouldn’t matter to me who becomes the Bachelorette although I’d like to see someone totally new. However, at least they aren’t…hopefully….going to make Michelle the new Bachelorette.

I don’t think Brad was right for any of them actually. I think Brad is a bit self absorbed AND kind of wishy washy. I don’t think he knows and maybe he never will, what he wants.

Ashley got out lucky, I think. I thought it was ridiculous for Brad to be angry that she never said she wanted to live in Austin.

Been there, done that. Don’t blame her.

3. DJ says:

I only watched this on Monday, on & off, for the Dancing With The Stars announcement. I swear this woman said “like” at least a hundred times. I can’t imagine anyone wanting to watch a show that revolved around her.

4. Betsy says:

The only time a bachelor/bacelorette reject should be recycled is when the audience really loved that contestant, ie Bob Guiney. No one really cared about Ashley (or really any of the girls this season) so it seems like a bad idea to use any of them as the Bachelorette. They should find somebody new.

5. Lauren says:

I guess I am the only one who feels this way but I really think this series needs some fresh blood in the Bachelor/Bachelorette role. I want to be introduced to some new people! I think they recycle people out of convenience. And on a personal note, it creeps me out when the contestants feel like the already “have a connection” or really understand the bachelor just because they watched him on TV before they met him. Please, that’s just sad.

6. Lisa says:

Bring back Meredith. I’d rather they recycle someone intelligent, charming and witty, not dull like Brad Womack.

7. elly says:

ashley is not ready to settle down, she wants to finish her education and return to maine. brad made it clear in the beginning he has no intention of leaving austin. she was a waste of time.

8. Cari says:

Up until the ‘last’ date, I thought Ashley would be the one Brad chose. I thought they had such fun dates and she was just a natural match for him. I would love to see her be the Bachelorette!!

9. Gail H. says:

PLEASE do not use Ashley H. or any of the the former bachlorettes in the next show, these girls-women can’t even speak the english vocabulary without the word LIKE every 2 seconds! Try for more confident women next time.

10. Denorah says:

This season has kept me coming back. The fact Brad is focused on what he wants in a wife and he is seeking his wife from this group of women. I thought he should have sent Michelle home the first time she came on to him agressive like a hooker. The criers, because “if you cant pick me, just send me home now” boo hoo: I am so proud Brad saw that mess for what it was, drama mamas because they didnt win the game! He kept Ashley longer than he should have. She is not ready to settle down and marry. He is. Chantel is ready. Emily I’m not so sure. A lot of mystery there and not sure it is good. He is searching for a wife. He has made that quite clear. 25 women show up just to see what might happen is not a good indication they are genuine. Nor, genuinely.interested in seriously seeking to be a wife. Get more contestents serious about marriage and values, and less interested in “a relationship”. What a poor substitute for the genuine adventure if the institution of Holy Matrimony.

11. Val says:

From what I hear, see, and feel, Ashley is yet unfamiliar with communication skills. She doesn’t have the knowledge and/or ability to really listen; instead she reacts with her “stuff” and lets herself “go away” and shuts down. I feel she is yet emotionally immature.
    I would like to see Shawntel as the next Bachelorette. I feel she was one of the most mature emotionally, not getting into cat fights, and not a drama queen like so many of the other women.
    I have to remember, these women are in their early 20’s, where was I then… it shows me that we, as parents, need to teach our children conflict/resolution skills, ownership, and listening for understanding. AAh, it works in my life, when I can be conscious.

12. Marie says:

I think they should come up with new ideas. These shows are the same old things. I loved the show “Average Joe.” What about the bachelor show that had the usual gorgeous girls plus another set of older women? We need some kind of different story line here.

13. Alex says:

It is hard to believe that a Penn student has such poor communication skills, even if she is only a dental student. Her age certainly shows through, and I think Brad made the right decision giving her the boot. I do not want her to be the new Bachelorette. She is dull and over-rated.

14. michele says:

I really liked Ashley and a lot of the girls. I think Brad may end up with Emily, mostly because he has probably fallen in love with her daughter as well. This is the first season where im happy with both choices! Despite what pp have said, no one can understand how insecure a dynamic it would be being compared to dozens of incredible women or men on this show. I will say I was screaming at the tv for Brad to boot Michelle every episode! Im not sure if I can believe that she wasn’t psycho but most of the people there believed her so who am I to say what she’s like. We should all know by now tv shows you what they want you to see. Just like the hometown date where they made it seem as if Brad and Emilys date went to crap….and it ended up being the opposite. If they pull a contestant from this season to be the Bachelorette my vote is for the other Ashley….who got dumped in Vegas. She deserves 30 men competing for her attention. I couldn’t imagine having strong feelings and having to live with 20 women who are saying the same. The only tradeoff for putting yourself through the entire process are the incredible experiences they have been blessed with. Im hooked on this show…sad but true!!!!

• sofia perciavalle says:

Dear Brad Womack,
      I am thrilled that you really picked emily. I think the both of you deserve each other as the happy couple and true love always stays
      forever Never give up. I think she will be the most beautiful wife. true love forever. I also like you a lot and I think you are very handsome and will have the greatset future with her.
      Love sofia perciavalle