Harmon Cops Role In TV-Movie/Possible Series

TV will be getting a little — and maybe a lot — more of America’s Favorite Television Personality, now that USA Network has greenlit an original movie starring Mark Harmon and based on a series of best-selling crime novels.

The NCIS star will play Minneapolis Deputy Police Chief Lucas Davenport in Certain Prey, a two-hour USA original based on one in a series of page-turners by John Sandford.

In this particular story, Davenport is on the trail of a hitwoman while he himself is in the crosshairs of a killer. Production will start in May.

CBS Renews NCIS For Ninth Season as Mark Harmon Inks New Deal

If Certain Prey is a hit — and given that USA has rights to all 20 of the novels in this Sandford series — Harmon could find himself fronting a TV-movie franchise à la Tom Selleck’s Jesse Stone (which airs its seventh installment on May 22).

Do I have any fellow Sandford/Prey fans out there? Are you liking the casting of Harmon as Davenport? And would you love to see this one-off TV-movie turn into a franchise for USA?

1. Michael says:

One can not have enough Mark Harmon!

• leola says:

Ditto! Love watching Harmon.

• kathy says:

Love the Lucas Davenport books. Love Mark Harmon. This is perfect!

• alex says:

SO TRUE! I loves him. I can honestly watch reruns of NCIS over new eps of other shows any day of the week.

• IchLiebeGibbs says:

Good, I’m not alone in my madness for Harmon and NCIS – best written drama show on tv, great cast, looking forward to the seasons to come!

• Cheryl says:

I agree with you, Mark harmon is great in any movie. I have almost every thing he appeared and starred in from the 1970’s to now. I am finding it hard to get a copy of the movie”For All Time” where Mark stars opposite Mary McDoughel. I may have her last name spelled wrong.

• Grace says:

I agree – I watch reruns of NCIS rather than so many of those hideous reality shows. Love Mark Harmon and the whole cast. Can’t wait till this movie is on USA!!!

• Jerry says:

I couldn’t agree more, I’ve been a fan of the Prey series since I discovered them. You couldn’t have cast a better actor than Mark Harmon. He’s been one of my favorite actors since he came on the scene. Looking forward to Certain Prey.

• David says:

I agree with Jerry, but I keep comparing Jethro Gibbs with Lucas Davenport and the two couldn’t be more different. If Mark Harmon can come on as a rich tough cop with great taste in clothing, expensive cars, and women who can smooze with the governor among others then we have a hit. The books are great, lets hope the writers do them justice.

• chuck says:

I also would rather watch good reruns than reality shows and other junk. I read John Sanford and watch NCIS, Sounds like things are going to work out. Hope it goes to another series. Also watch Jesse Stone movies and need to order the new one.

• John Matlock says:

I cant wait either. This will probably be the best movie of the year. I am a fan of both Harmon and the Prey series so this is doubly exciting for me. They should have started with the first book though.

• Oscar Lopithecus says:

This is my favorite Prey book. Carla is one of the best bad girls ever. Lucas rocks and it is terrific that Mark Harmon is cast in the role. I thought he shoulda played football like his dad, but what can you do….

• PATRICIA GERBHEY says:

MARK HARMON IS SO HOT HE IS THE BEST ACTOR ON TV

• sherril says:

Can’t wait it will be great, love mark harmon.

• Heather817 says:

I have read every single “Prey” book in order 3 times now…I can never get enough of Lucas Davenport and Mark Harmon will be GREAT as that character!!!

• James says:

Yes, I agree this is one of the best series that I have read. I’m on my second read of the “Prey” books. When the Mind Prey came out in a move Davenport was played by Eriq LaSalle. I about had a come apart with this choice. No way no how did he match the description of Lucas. However, I like Mark Harmon playing Lucas.

• Monroe Phillips says:

I’ve read them all. Great choice.NCIS is one of my favorites. Mark will do well in this role. Best wishes hope to see all twenty!

• Cookie says:

I have read & loved every one of the Prey novels. Mark Harmon will be great as Lucas Davenport. How about DeNozzo as Vergil Flowers ?

• Jim F. says:

Tony DiNozzo is too slick to play Virgil Flowers. Someone like Owen Wilson would be able to pull off the naive act better.

• paul hanson says:

Love Harmon as Jethro Gibbs. Love Sanford and the Prey series. But, I feel Mark Harmon is miscast as Lucas Davenport. Lucas is tall, thin and scarred from hockey and bullets — he has black hair — wears designer Italian suits but most importantly, he has a menacing don’t mess with me cuz I’ll kick your ass attitude. Harmon doesn’t fit that description. One last thing, Lucas works for the Mn. Bureau of Criminal Apprehension, not the Mpls. PD

• thinkwriter says:

I agree with you. Love NCIS and Harmon, but not sure if he fits the billing as Davenport. but then the interesting question is, who would? Just done with buried prey, a great read!

• Jim F. says:

Actually, Lucas was still a deputy chief on the Minneapolis Police Force in the novel Certain Prey.

• Carol says:

I agree with all of your comments. I always thought Jimmy Smits would make the perfect Davenport.

• Mnack says:

My choice would have been Mr. Big – Chris Noth, but if Harmon can bring more Prey to the screen, and the writers don’t hash it up like Bad Blood, then I am all in.

• Eddie says:

I completely agree, they could have cast better. Lucas is a big and menacing guy that can stare right through you. That is not Harmon. That is also not Marcy and the other characters as well. Although I am happy to have the books as movies, I am not happy with the casting.

• Michael E says:

Absolutely correct!! I like Mark Harmon, but he just plain does NOT fit the Lucas character. Not at all. But also to consider are the other characters, like Del. You’d laugh your butt off if you knew who I always envision as Del.

• Fran says:

I agree…but I have to see Certain Prey first before I commit to wanting to see Mark Harmon as Lucas Davenport.

• sandra Mueth says:

Mark Harmon would be great for this series. I have read all of John Sanford’s prey series. I would like to see all of the books made into movies. Also, the Virgil Flowers books as well.

• Pam Baker says:

Love all the John Sandford books and am on the waiting list for the newest one. Have watched Mark Harmon since his days in Flamingo Road and so what’s not to love about this.

• B.W. BURTON says:

Harmon as Leroy Jethro Gibbs is perfect. I hope his acting skills are adept enough to create a Lucas Davenport that comes out as more than another, richer Jethro Gibbs?

• Kathy says:

Don’t get me wrong…I LOVE Mark Harmon,and I WILL watch him in this. To be honest though,I cannot picture him as Davenport. I have read ALL Sandford’s Books, and in those Davenport is supposed to be darker skin,like Italian type,and a little rougher looking-although nice also. Mark Harmon just does not seem to fill this. I have an open mind-and I DO love Mark anyway,but I watched a bit of the movie and he just does not seem like the Davenport type. I think that if I did not read all the books I would ABSOLUTELY say yes to Harmon. My only doubt is in my head because of the books. I do love the Prey series,and maybe once I see the whole movie,I will change my mind. Either way though-can’t go wrong looking at Mark Harmon,and can’t go wrong if you keep true to the Series!

• Barbara says:

I agree with you Kathy. I really do love Mark Harmon and have for years now. NCIS is great and I never miss it. HOWEVER he simply does not fit the description of Lucas Davenport. Lucas is a big guy, has dark hair and maybe an olive complexion. He can really be fierce and a bit rough. The kind all women just crave. Having said that, I have to admit I will still watch the movie anyway because I am totally in love with Lucas.

• Allison says:

I tuned in to the movie “Certain Prey” until my electricity went out thanks to the weather.I haven’t read the Prey series,and I think I’d have been more inclined to have liked it more,had USA Network started with the first book,and use,perhaps,Sean Harmon as Lt. Lucas Davenport where Mark could come in at book 10 as Deputy Police Chief. I’m sure not everyone who has seen the movie in its entirety have read the books,and sometimes jumping in the middle like this is confusing at best.The cast was good,bad guy was great at it,yet the chemistry is not at the level it was working for,and maybe that’s why people were tuning in-to see Mark Harmon break away from Agent Gibbs and be someone completely different.Close
        but it’s not a bull’s eye.

• Gail Shipley says:

Wow! What a let down!

I have been a John Sanford fan for years as well as a devote of the Prey books, all of which I have read. (Along with the Kidd novels) I am a huge John Sanford fan and am also familiar with the city of Minneapolis and the “Strib”, and Pioneer Press newspapers, all of which go to creating the Davenport character; so I have a good frame of reference regarding what a Prey movie should be like.

When I first heard that Mark Harmon was to play Lucas Davenport I knew there was trouble. No offense Mr. Harmon but you portrayed the character as old and tired. Davenports charisma is missing – he just seems like a crabby, tired, old dog with a minimum of likable characteristics, and a bad wardrobe, who is not particularly interesting.

It could have been a mistake to start with Certain Prey in the first place – to far along in the narrative of Davenport escapades. No ground work was laid to explain who Lucas is, who his pals are and how the MPD cases are played out.

Neither the character nor the author deserved what this movie did to them!

• Chad says:

While I love Mark Harmon, from the West Wing to NCIS, I think Lucas Davenport should be a bigger person physically.

• Mike Verdone says:

My thoughts entirely. Let his hair grow some and he would make a better Virgil Flowers. I can’t see Lucas with grey hair like Mark’s. And as the others have said, I don’t think that he’s big enough. Needs to have broad shoulders and be 6-2. And what’s with the Clemson football on his desk? Lucas played hockey for Minnesota. I saw Certain Prey last night and thought it was pretty good. I did like the narration. And some of the cutting lines were vintage Sandford. I think the best thing about the Prey series is the sinister nature of the villians. The girls in Certain lived up to the billing. Motivation was a bit lacking for the attorney tho, but the shooter was really menacing. I liked her a lot! Big question is who will play Weather if it is made into a series? I look forward to many more of the Sandford books turned into viable screenplays.

• Russ Richardson says:

I have read everyone of Sandford’s Prey series except the last. You create a picture in your mind of Lucas Davenport overtime. Mark Harmon is an excellent choice for Lucas. He has the rugged sophistication of how Lucas is described in the book and even as a veteran actor he still has that boyish charm that Sandford frequently references. I can’t wait and hope that the network turns it into a series or mini series. I think it might be hard to condense the books into an hour show but a series on mini series of two hour movies might do the books justice.

• Mark Andersen says:

Mark Harmon will be a perfect Lucas Davenport….Cant wait to see it !

• The personality traits suit the Harmon character perfectly. It might miss on a couple of the personal descriptions but I think he nails the personality. If I can just get someone to rething the Alex Cross character – Denzel would have been a better fit!

2. laura says:

his role on ncis wont be affected right? ncis isnt ncis if there isnt gibbs :)

• Michelle says:

I’m sure it won’t. He just signed a new contract for NCIS. This is more of a summer hiatus thing. :)

• justjane says:

I love Mark Harmon, too. Have all the NCIS episodes. Also, I agree that NCIS won’t be NCIS without Mark Harmon. John Sandford’s prey books are my favorite, but I don’t think Mark would make a good Lucas Davenport. I see someone a lot taller and with darker hair, yet a little gray. Mark is soooo hot!! Love his eyes.

3. Karen says:

I love the Prey series, I can’t say I pictured Mark Harmon as Davenport, but I will watch to see how he plays it.

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

Yeah, I always pictured someone a bit “grittier,” but we’ll see what Harmon does with the role.

• Chatty says:

Matt, remember that he played Ted Bundy. He scared the heck out of me on that movie, so I don’t doubt that he can play any role!

• Mary R says:

Chatty, I agree. I could not watch him in Chicago Hope, St. Elsewhere or anywhere else because his portrayal of Ted Bundy creeped me out so badly. I NEVER want to watch “Deliberate Stranger” again! He was robbed of an Emmy that year, IMHO. I only started watching “NCIS” because the character of Leroy Jethro Gibbs is SO different. Did not see him as Lucas Davenport, but am looking forward to the movie!

• Kathy says:

I kind of had Lucas looking like you Matt.

• Karen 2 says:

I LOVE the Prey books and like Mark Harmon, but I think I would like him to be a little younger to be more believable, especially in the earlier books.

• Shawn says:

I agree…I love Lucas Davenport. I’m not sure I would have chosen Mark Harmon to play him though (too old, too likeable), I would have gone with more of a Josh Brolin type.

• JH says:

You’ve hit he nail on he head,at least for me. Someone bigger and stronger and more menacing should have been cast, Harmon just doesn’t conjure up “Davenport” for me.

• The great Randino says:

I also have read every prey book twice and can’t picture Harmon as Davenport. Here are three names I would consider depending on age Ray Liotta, Michael Imperioli, Jason Patric. I picture all three as being much better fits. I think Patric would get my vote with Liotta running a close 2nd. Imperioli fits but might be a bit young.

• Jeanie says:

My thoughts exactly. I do love Mark Harmon, he even played a good villain (Ted Bundy: The Strange Beside Me) – so I think he can do it, however I didn’t picture him while reading the books. We will see, I will certainly be watching it.

• Daavid says:

I agree with Karen, I will have to seen if Mark matches up with Lucas.
      Lucas is a sharp dresser, loves expensive cars, and this is evident
      in the novels. We will just have to wait and see. Judging by his
      NCIS role I can easily picture him as Virgil Flowers with short hair.

4. Trista says:

Just started reading the series and – not sure how I feel about Harmon playing the character. I like him and I hope it works. I’ll have to go back and see where certain prey fits into the series. I look forward to seeing the first in the possible series.

5. Amy says:

WOW!! I’m glad to see this starting production, I’m a huge fan of the the Prey series! Yes, Mark Harmon is a great fit for this role. The only thing I could see people upset about is Lucas is a bit younger than Mark, but I don’t have a problem with it. Now who’s going to play f’ing Flowers…lol

6. Melissa says:

Harmon’s great, but WAY too old. Davenport’s in his late 30’s at the beginning of the Prey series, and even now it’s implied that he’s in his late 40’s. Harmon is going to be sixty this year. If this was a one-off that would be one thing, but I can’t imagine Harmon playing Davenport for years and years a la Tom Selleck…

• Suncatcher says:

Don’t care. Mark Harmon can play this new role fitted with a pacemaker and dentures, in a wheelchair – pushing a walker! He’s STILL hot!!!

• anna says:

MH too old??? NEVER!! As talented as he is, he’ll be fabulous as this character! Can’t wait to see this & the others

• Mary R says:

Melissa, I was going to argue with you but realized you are absolutely right. However, recall that Robert Parker’s Jesse Stone is supposed to be the around same age as Lucas Davenport when the books begin, and Selleck’s done a most excellent job despite the age disparity. I think Harmon can pull it off.

7. Jonathan says:

I’ll just be entertained to see where they film “Minneapolis” and what it looks like. I wish Harmon would take on a bit of a lighter role as a throwback. Maybe it’s just nostalgia talkin’, but I’m not sure I like gruff Harmon as much as young wacky Harmon.

8. Lorie says:

I love the Prey series and Mark, so this is good news to me.

9. Bella says:

Interesting. I love the Prey series and love Mark Harmon, but I never pictured him in the role. He can be gritty, though, after all, he played Ted Bundy once. I think I’m excited about this news, but we’ll see.

10. Katherine says:

Big fan of John Sandford’s books, and Lucas in particular. Not sure about Mark Harmon as Lucas … but I’ll watch to see how he does. Wonder who’ll play Del and Weather!

11. GeekGirl13 says:

I’ll be checking out the first novel before I watch the movie. I’ll be watching the movie for sure, since it has Harmon.

12. Jon says:

That’s excellent news. Great series of books. Harmon will make the role his own.

13. CandyMaize says:

I admit I haven’t read any of the Prey novels recently, but have read quite a few and really enjoy them. Never would have pictured Mark Harmon as Davenport, based on description in the books, BUT .. certainly looking forward to watching the movie anyway. :)

14. Lisa says:

I’ve been reading the prey series for years…at first I pictured a young Chris Noth in his early LAO days…then as he aged I set my Davenport eyes on Luke from Gilmore Girls…but sadly he got older too…now the only man capable of pulling off Lucas Davenport successfully is Booth…think about it…just sayin’…

15. Sam says:

I absolutely love the Prey series and would have preferred it be given the big screen treatment, a la the Bourne trilogy. Either way, Mark Harmon is not my ideal Lucas Davenport. A younger Mark Harmon perhaps. I think I will just stick to the books.

16. Shad says:

Wow, that’s absolutely great I love Mark Harmon, and I did order some books… :) And I will definitely watch it with Mark Harmon in it!

17. Keith Evans says:

I like the idea of a Prey series, but based on Sanford’s physical description of Lucas, Tom Selleck is more in line & Mark Harmon is more in line with Jesse Stone from a physical standpoint.

I am curious to see how he plays it.

Also, with the way Sanford has written Davenport, it might be better on cable. USA IMHO, didn’t do a good job on Patricia Cromwell’s book on “Geronimo”.

18. Kiki says:

I am a huge Sanford fan and an even bigger Mark Harmon fan. I think a bunch of tv movies would be the best way to go. Anything that doesn’t mess with my Tuesday night NCIS fix!
    He is going to be wonderful as Det Davenport – just how you picture him when you read the books.

19. STACIE says:

Love Mark Harmon, love Lucas Davenport! Can’t wait for this! Anything is better than that debacle of a tv movie with Eric LaSalle as Lucas.

20. Casey says:

I love Lucas Davenport and LOVE the idea of Mark Harmon playing him….as long as it doesn’t interfere with him being Gibbs. NCIS needs to stay on the air and it needs Leroy Jethro Gibbs. If Mark Harmon wants to do it as a side gig, I’m all for it!

21. Bethany says:

Wow! I love Harmon and everything about how he’s played Gibbs for the past 8 or so years. I can’t wait to see him 2x a week (on a different show–NCIS reruns not counted here!)

22. Jasmine says:

Love the books, and pleSed with Harmon!

23. Gina says:

I admit I never pictured Mark Harmon playing Davenport. I guess it could work. This movie is based on the 10th book out of 20. So I guess if they do any of the first 9 books they can use someone younger.

24. berta says:

yay i love mark harmon.

25. gibbsfan says:

Yeah, more Mark Harmon is always good. As long as he stays on as Gibbs full time, I’m all for seeing more of him-as long as they don’t dye his hair dark ala weather girl. He’s a hotty-and I’m only 27. Never read the books, but if I like the show I’ll try them out, just as I did with Rizzoli and Isles.

26. ranger99 says:

Originally Eric LaSalle played Lucas Davenport on the first Prey movie – this has been probably 10 years ago and HE DID NOT make a good DAvenport!

27. ronda says:

I love Mark Harmon. I love the Prey novels. I think this is going to be great!

28. Booger says:

YAY! I always envisioned Dennis Farina, but this works.

29. jberger says:

I buy the Prey novels in hardback they are so good. I am a big fan of Harmon. A match made in heaven! Can’t wait to see them. But what about the series of novels by Sanford that has F-ing Virgil Flowers character. Will that be a series also?

30. TrulyRoxie says:

I’ve not read the Prey novels, but love Mark Harmon, so I know what I’ll be starting to read this weekend!

31. LeslieW says:

Love the Prey Books. I was expecting more of a big blockbuster type of movie franchise. And I don’t think Mark Harmon is a good choice. I don’t see him as Davenport at all. I wonder if he was the first choice. I would be really surprised if he was. I’m hoping for the best but the truth is Hollywood rarely gets it right when it comes to adapting screenplays from books.

32. Jon Ogden says:

Sorry, I only ever had one actor in mind through my reading of the entire Prey Series (twice) and that was Clive Owen. Sure wish the big screen had picked it up. The age difference alone is a major obstacle. Can you see yourself being frightened when Harmon smiles. I can’t. Davenport is a dark and complicated character. However, having said that, yes I will watch. Now when is someone gonna pick up on Harry Bosch? There’s gold in them there books.
    Jon Sr. in Ontario,Canada.

• Michael Smith says:

Hopefully someone picks up Bosch soon. I had read somewhere that Paramount had all the rights, and was just sitting on them up until just recently. Makes sense because the first non Bosch series (Haller) was made into a movie. Cant be long now.

• Angelene says:

Oh Harmon can do scary, threatening – have you seen The Deliberate Stranger or Never let her go? He can care the c***p out you!

33. Gaz says:

Love prey series super keen for some movies but not sure bout MH playing Lucas seems to old to be playing him in early books

34. Michael says:

Mark Harmon looks like he could fit the part, as long as he starts to look a little more mean. Doesnt much look like a hockey player either…

35. Samantha says:

I think Harmon would be a perfect Davenport!!!!! I would watch and buy all the movies, as I have the books!!!!!

36. Rosie says:

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Mark Harmon, when does this movie air so i dont miss it.

37. WindLegends says:

Davenport is white and while Eriq LaSalle is a fine actor, having a black man playing Davenport was not the wisest casting decision. I believe MH will do a terrific job. He has a chilling smile when he played Ted Bundy so he can pull off the Davenport smgrin (smirk/grin). I just finished reading the latest Prey book and Davenport is getting older but no less forceful so I think MH was a darn fine choice.

38. Kathy says:

Mark Harmon’s OK, but definitely not a Lucas Davenport type. Davenport is tall and thuggish, muscular and good-looking and a little evil-looking also. And he’s dark, and an ex-hockey player. I also expected a blockbuster-type film, not a TV movie, because of the subject matter of the Prey books, the side characters and the language. Del and Sloan and Marcy and Rose Marie are all a package in those books. Casting Harmon is as bad as the time they cast Eric LaSalle as Lucas. What? Real fans of John Sandford will not be able to imagine Harmon as Lucas Davenport.

39. David says:

I think Mark Harmon wold make a great Davenport. I have all the books and they are all great. I hope they do make all the Prey books into movies.

40. sam says:

I love the prey series but I cannot see Mark Harmon as Lucas no matter how hard I try. He doesn’t have the intensity needed to be Lucas. I picture someone like Jason Statham. He can get the intimidating look, the smile that scares women and makes them want him at the same time, and he can pull off the fact Lucas loves to dress well. I agree Harmon is great actor but not for this. Of course the history of characters being ruined by movies is very long. Last time I checked Alex Cross isn’t a drag queen like Tyler Perry and Lincoln Rhyme was white unlike Denzel Washington

41. khristine says:

wow ! I’ve read the summary of the novel certain prey.. and it gives me the impression that its going to be a hit !

haven’t read any Sanford books but I checked out some of his novels through the net and i think it gives Mark Harmon a head start for a TV movie franchise..

42. Dorothy Lesher says:

I have just finished all 21 of the Prey books (for the second time) and am hoping that Mark Harmon does all of them. Am I a fan or what?

• R English says:

I’ve read all of the Prey books and obviously really like the characters and Sandford’s style. I can visualize Harmon in the Davenport role, think he’ll do a fine job and look forward to watching the movie. Hopefully it wil be the first of many.

43. Rich says:

Great timing, just finished Certain Prey this week. No way Mark Harmon! Sam likes Jason Statham- good choice or someone similar. Fans don’t need a star, they want what they read! Help me! I’ve skipped a few books prior to Certain: Lucas married Weather, she was killed off where? and I read somewhere Sandford was thinking of bringing her back (readers’ wishes). Why not? He’s getting older (like us). He’s entitled, and though the stories are great,they’re still predictable.

• NANCY says:

WEATHER WAS NOT KILLED OF. SHE IS STILL MARRIED TO LUCAS. YOU NEED TO READ THE SERIES IN ORDER TO APPRECIATE SANDFORD’S CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT.
      I DO AGREE THAT I WANT THE STORY FOLLOWED BUT DO THINK HARMON WILL BE GREAT AS LUCAS. I CAN SEE HIM TOOLING AROUND IN HIS PORSCHE.

• TERRY Bowen says:

Rich, Weather has not been killed off unless it was in the very last book, Buried Prey, which I haven’t read yet. She was alive and well in the one before.. that, Storm Prey.

44. attaleena geissinger says:

I just started to read lucas davenprot sanford series. I think Mark Harmon will be great as Davenport. It fits the gibbs profile. i worrie that we wont have much NCIS left. I sure hope usa does all the movies or a series . enough Mark NEVER! :) Thanks USA .

45. NANCY says:

MARK HARMON WILL AT LEAST LEND CREDIBILITY TO THE ROLE MORE SO THAN THE OTHER ACTOR THEY TRIED TO PROMPT.
    I HAVE READ ALL OF THE PREY SERIES’ AND WISH THEY WOULD START AT THE BEGINNING WITH THE VERY FIRST ONE. “RULES OF PREY”
    I LOVE SANDFORD’S WRITINGS.

46. suzanne says:

As a longtime “Prey” fan I have always pictured Lucas as Ted Danson’s Sam Malone character from “Cheers”. I like Mark Harmon…but, no, not even close.

47. Michael says:

Did anyone think to ask John Sandford who might make a good Davenport? After all, the character is in his head!…

48. irmolady says:

I love Mark Harmon, he is one of the most under utilized actors ever. Hollywood has so overlooked this man. At least being on TV, I get to see him every week.

49. Dennis says:

I like Mark Harmon and roles he plays. Big fan of Sanford’s Prey series and other books. Not picturing Harmon as Lucas Davenport, yet I will be watching. won’t be like Harrison Ford as Jack Ryan, yet I’m sure I will adjust to Harmon’s role. I think he’ll pull it off

50. Blake says:

Considering i have all the prey books and have recently reread all of them in order and also considering i have the first 7 seasons of ncis on dvd, do you think im excited? Would be funny if they snuck a little headslap in somewhere.