Battlestar Reunion Scoop: James Callis Joins Jamie Bamber in NBC Drama Pilot

Get More: News, Pilots, Scoop

Ron Moore’s NBC pilot 17th Precinct is looking more like the 13th Colony with each passing day.

James Callis has signed on to reunite with former Battlestar Galactica‘s co-star Jamie Bamber in Precinct, a supernatural-tinged cop drama produced by BSG boss Moore.

Callis’ character is a homicide detective, while Bamber is playing a crime scene expert. The cast also includes Stockard Channing and Jack & Bobby‘s Matt Long.

You thinking what we’re thinking? ‘Cause we’re thinking Mary McDonnell would make a kick-ass captain.

Comments (32)

• That is awesome!

Comment by Pamela – March 3, 2011 02:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • genial! :)

Comment by Rocio – March 3, 2011 02:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • See, now I just have to watch this show. Can we throw in a Tahmoh Penikett?

Comment by Liz – March 3, 2011 02:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’ll see your Tahmoh Penikett and raise you a Tricia Helfer.

Comment by Joe B. – March 3, 2011 02:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You had me at Bamber…

Comment by Amiee – March 3, 2011 02:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • James Callis? I’m in!

Comment by Laura – March 3, 2011 02:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nerdgasm!

Comment by John – March 3, 2011 02:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This needs Starbuck!

Comment by Amanda – March 3, 2011 03:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Looks pretty cool.

Comment by Tim – March 3, 2011 03:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Does that mean he will not be in Law and Order UK….? I watch them on BBC America. Have enjoyed him since he was on Horatio Hornblower

Comment by Katy – March 3, 2011 03:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Jamie Bamber’s character has been written out.

Comment by timotey – March 4, 2011 12:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • What? Well, that’s not cool… There’s goes my interest in that show.

Comment by LisaLondon – March 4, 2011 04:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Katy, I understand Jamie Bamber has left LAO:UK to work in the US again.

As for the story, yes get Mary McDonnell, Tahmoh Penikett, Tricia Helfer and don’t forget Katee Sackhoff either. It’s a pity Grace Park is on H50 on the rival CBS network.

Could this be NBC’s biggest drama in years? It’ll certainly be very popular across the pond with two well known UK actors (Bamber and Callis) already cast. I should imagine NBC will have no trouble selling the show to the UK.

Comment by Scott – March 3, 2011 03:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I just made a post about this on my blog before coming here and used that exact same photo. haha. It is going to be badass seeing these two together again.

Comment by Josh – March 3, 2011 04:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Very solid cast!
    I wish NBC would lock in Mary McDonnell in something, anything on the network!

Comment by DryedMangoez – March 3, 2011 04:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes, Mary Mcdonnell in anything would be awesome. Get her together with some of the old BSG cast, throw in Eddie Olmos, RDM would have a runaway hit.

Comment by Tina – March 3, 2011 04:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Mary is great with Kyra on The Closer in her recurring role.. Have actually warmed up to her character on that show as has Brenda Leigh somewhat…. Since there’s only one more long season split up by a couple of years it appears ( speaking of BSG scheduling), she should be open for other roles…

Comment by Doug-H – March 4, 2011 06:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Very smart casting. The networks are usually overrun with cop shows and I don’t usually bother checking out most of them. I’ll make a point of trying out 17th Precinct though, just so I can see Jamie and James again.

Comment by sashay – March 3, 2011 04:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is James Callis done with “Eureka”?

Comment by Side3 – March 3, 2011 04:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m pretty sure he is, as his character admitted that he didn’t belong there and left town.

Comment by Chatty – March 3, 2011 06:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lords of Kobol! This pilot is now officially at the top of my to-watch list.

Comment by AJ – March 3, 2011 04:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The gods have blessed us! This show is on the top of my list now!

Comment by Briana – March 3, 2011 06:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Kateeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Comment by Luke – March 3, 2011 06:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes! Let them reunite as much of the BSG cast as possible and, if the show is well-written, it will become a ratings juggernaut! And, please rescue Lucy Lawless from No Ordinary Family; at least her character offed Tricia Helfer’s!

Comment by Chatty – March 3, 2011 06:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am officially watching this: Jamie Bamber & James Callis together again! This is casting heaven…now we need Katee Sackhoff & Tricia. I would even settle for a guest spot. Wow, I’m getting excited just thinking about it!

Comment by Jayde – March 3, 2011 08:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Now they need to cast Mary McDonnell and Tricia Helfer.

Comment by Mary – March 3, 2011 09:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Frakkin Great!!!

Comment by Teresa – March 4, 2011 01:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I guess they hired Stockard Channing instead of Mary McDonnnell

Comment by Teresa – March 4, 2011 01:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Stockard Channing will be airlock’d in episode 3… Plenty of room for Mary!

Comment by Valkyrie – March 4, 2011 07:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Hey,hey,wait a minute. There’s plenty of room for Stockard AND Mary.
        And lets’ get some Katee and Tricia in there for guest spots.

Tricia has been terrific on “Dark Blue” USA network (following Burn Notice).Awesome show that is.

Katee is wasted on CSI vegas.

Comment by kellybelly – March 4, 2011 08:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post