Pilot Scoop: Without a Trace Vet Enrique Murciano to Juggle CBS' Hail MaryNCIS

Get More: Exclusive, News, Pilots, Scoop

Just days after landing a major arc on NCIS, Enrique Murciano has been cast opposite Minnie Driver in the CBS pilot Hail Mary.

The hourlong drama centers on a suburban mom-turned-private eye (Minnie Driver) who teams up with a streetwise hustler to solve crimes. Murciano will play Driver’s high school boyfriend who now works as a detective.

I’m told the in-demand Without a Trace alum will be able to juggle both the pilot and NCIS, where he’ll play a CIA agent and love interest for Cote de Pablo’s Ziva in multiple episodes.

Comments (10)

• I hope he doesn’t quit to be Ray. I can’t wait to see him with Cote!!

But I’m glad to know he’s going to have his own series, good luck with the pilot!

Comment by Sara – March 3, 2011 02:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You think he was told enough times that it’s Ziva, not Tiva? Cause, I do. Anyway, I was prepared to dislike the guy who is playing Ziva’s boyfriend (Not cause I’m a Tiva fan, just because I usually don’t like when they add characters to NCIS… Like EJ!) but I loved W.A.T. and I loved him in it. It’ll be hard to dislike him if that’s what we’re supposed to do.

Comment by Cheyenne – March 3, 2011 02:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Good news! Hey, Mr Ausiello, any idea of how many episodes is “multiples”? Two? Four? Or several into season 9?

Comment by angel b – March 3, 2011 03:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awesome casting. Enrique and Minnie will have great chemistry, for sure!

Love Enrique Murciano on my TV screen!

Comment by jen – March 3, 2011 06:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m so excited to see him as Ray. The casting made me excited about the finale. I hope he and Ziva are hot and heavy! I like Minnie Driver too so I’ll probably check that show out if it’s picked up.

Comment by nas – March 3, 2011 07:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t wait until he dies on NCIS.

Comment by J – March 3, 2011 08:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Taking it a bit too seriously, aren’t we????

Comment by hurleyburley – March 4, 2011 09:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Naw, this is NCIS, love interests die.

Comment by J – March 4, 2011 01:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Enrique deserves a bigger role. He was seriously under used in WAT

Comment by Ellcee – March 4, 2011 04:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I loved him in Without a Trace. He has now made an appearance as CIRay on NCIS and he could not be more ‘smarmy’ complete with slicked back hair and all kissy kissy with Ziva. Can’t wait to see the back of him and send him back to Minnie.

Comment by Editor – April 7, 2011 09:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post