Exclusive

Pilot Scoop: Without a Trace Vet Enrique Murciano to Juggle CBS' Hail MaryNCIS

Just days after landing a major arc on NCIS, Enrique Murciano has been cast opposite Minnie Driver in the CBS pilot Hail Mary.

The hourlong drama centers on a suburban mom-turned-private eye (Minnie Driver) who teams up with a streetwise hustler to solve crimes. Murciano will play Driver’s high school boyfriend who now works as a detective.

I’m told the in-demand Without a Trace alum will be able to juggle both the pilot and NCIS, where he’ll play a CIA agent and love interest for Cote de Pablo’s Ziva in multiple episodes.

1. Sara says:

I hope he doesn’t quit to be Ray. I can’t wait to see him with Cote!!

But I’m glad to know he’s going to have his own series, good luck with the pilot!

2. Cheyenne says:

You think he was told enough times that it’s Ziva, not Tiva? Cause, I do. Anyway, I was prepared to dislike the guy who is playing Ziva’s boyfriend (Not cause I’m a Tiva fan, just because I usually don’t like when they add characters to NCIS… Like EJ!) but I loved W.A.T. and I loved him in it. It’ll be hard to dislike him if that’s what we’re supposed to do.

3. angel b says:

Good news! Hey, Mr Ausiello, any idea of how many episodes is “multiples”? Two? Four? Or several into season 9?

4. jen says:

Awesome casting. Enrique and Minnie will have great chemistry, for sure!

Love Enrique Murciano on my TV screen!

5. nas says:

I’m so excited to see him as Ray. The casting made me excited about the finale. I hope he and Ziva are hot and heavy! I like Minnie Driver too so I’ll probably check that show out if it’s picked up.

6. J says:

I can’t wait until he dies on NCIS.

7. Ellcee says:

Enrique deserves a bigger role. He was seriously under used in WAT

8. Editor says:

I loved him in Without a Trace. He has now made an appearance as CIRay on NCIS and he could not be more ‘smarmy’ complete with slicked back hair and all kissy kissy with Ziva. Can’t wait to see the back of him and send him back to Minnie.