Elizabeth Hurley Targets Wonder Woman

It looks like Adrianne Palicki‘s title heroine will be doing battle with Elizabeth Hurley in NBC’s Wonder Woman reboot.

Hurley tweeted this morning that she “will be playing the evil villain” in the David E. Kelley-scripted pilot.

A source close to the project, however, says there are still some outstanding visa issues that have to get sorted out before Hurley’s deal becomes official. Assuming everything works out, the British actress/model will be playing Veronica Cale, an evil scientist and businesswoman with a secret, nefarious plan. Although the role is technically being billed as a one-time guest stint, there’s every reason to believe it’ll evolve into a recurring gig should the show get picked up.

1. Alex says:

I like her! I was just wondering the other day why she doesn’t act anymore.

It still doesn’t distract me from how awful this show will be. Kelley and Wonder Woman FUNDAMENTALLY do not go together. It’s a shame… I wish Wonder Woman would get done right, I just can’t imagine this will be it. Wonder Woman is an amazon, not a gal who chitchats with a girlfriend about boys over ice cream. You’d never see them trying to make Batman or Superman all cute like that… is this the only way they’re going to let us have a female superhero??

2. Michael says:

My guess is she’ll be the Cheetah?

For someone who’s been around since 1941, WW has a very limited gallery of villains.

3. moviefan says:

Actually the veronica cale character is a villain from dc comics. She is a fairly recent made villain from 2003. I had to look her up on wiki. As for all the other stuff folks are worried about the show/direction kelly is taking. Dc has to give the ok on things. Plus who knows if all the stuff from the pilot info we have seen will make it into the pilot or gets changed/drop in series.

4. AlistairCrane says:

It’s too bad this series is Wonder Woman in name only and not actually about the classic DC Comics character.

5. Max says:

Just when I thought news of this show could not get any worse

6. PMCarhart says:

Is it just me, or would we all be better off with Hurley in the Diana Prince role?

7. moviefan says:

I think its way to early to bash the show and say its ww in name only. Only there is footage of the show we can see and judge.

8. dan says:

Casting a British actress to play the first baddy – in what sounds like a baddy of the week sort of deal, doesn’t make me think it’ll be the next Walking Dead of Battlestar Galactica, or original at all. That being said, Adrianne Palicki dressed as wonder woman & Elizabeth Hurley in a baddy equivalent is a show I’ll look at.

9. Jeri says:

She would be a great villian as she is pretty evil in real life also, not a big leap for her.

10. godzilla_foil says:

I urge you, PTB: do not make this series. As usually happens, EVERYBODY “down here” knows it won’t work, but you, for reasons nobody’s ever going to understand, fail to see it. Save the money for heathy, minimally decent projects.

11. riza says:

i’ll be waiting for that movie series. she always charming