American Idol Top 24 Results: Are You Happy With the Season 10 Finalists?

It was a bloodbath on the American Idol stage tonight, as 11 of the 24 season 10 semifinalists went to the guillotine during a tense, exhilarating two-hour episode. There were no stunning upsets in the voting, as every early front-runner who received scads of airtime and praise from the judges sailed through to the finals.

Once Ryan Seacrest had announced the five men and five women chosen to advance by the Idoloonie Nation, the judges selected six also-rans to sing for their lives. And sing they did! Ashthon Jones, Stefano Langone, Jovany Barreto, Naima Adedapo, Robbie Rosen, and especially Kendra Chantelle (who had me literally testifying from my living room couch) all completely outdid their previous live performances, delivering a brief burst of intense vocal firepower that had me wondering if/hoping that marshmallow puffs Steven Tyler and Jennifer Lopez would insist on a Top 16. It wasn’t meant to be, however, and here’s how it all played out:

Top 10 Contestants Picked by Voters

Naima Adedapo
Robbie Rosen

Wild Card Selections
Ashthon Jones
Stefano Langone
Naima Adedapo

Anyhow, now that you’ve got the scoop, I’m gonna get crackin’ on my full episode recap, which will publish overnight right here at [UPDATE: The recap is liiiive!] Until then, feel free to hit the comments and sound off on your feelings on the Top 10, the Wild Card picks and performances, and the quality of the Top 13 compared to season 9’s finalists. And for all my Idol coverage, follow me on Twitter @MichaelSlezakTV.

Loading video...

Loading video...

Loading video...

Loading video...

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

1. Sam says:

I literally jumped out of my seat and crowed when Naima got through. She deserved it for sure. Kendra and Lauren T. should have gotten Karen and Haley’s slots, but it’s not like every pick can be perfect.
    I would have swapped Robbie for Stefano, though. But overall, the judges did really well.

• Ablo says:

Well, she may have deserved it — she certainly didn’t deserve it on the performance tonight. On the other hand — the other two wildcard possibilities weren’t any better.

And why do people not understand this — Donny Hathaway isn’t the creator of every song in the world. For All We Know was written in 1934 for heaven’s sake. Just because someone records a song, it doesn’t mean its his or her song!

• rachel says:

i thought haley deserved to be in the top 24 and the top 13.
        its so weird to know since i commenting on this when idol is over, that michael didnt even like haley at first, but then he is supporting her, but ive benn a fan of haley sinc the beginning.

• melissa says:

Sam, you nailed my thoughts exactly. I was hoping Kendra, Lauren T, and Robbie could have gotten in. (And Tim)

Don’t agree with the judges’ choice to include Ashthon, though. I thought her performance was the weakest out of 6.

• Kendra over Haley would be my gripe for the girls. Robbie over Stefano would have been my pick for the guys. Other than that I agree. Ashthon did a great job the other night, and did a decent job tonight. I think the Top 13 is pretty strong. Naima is a stronger 13 than Anoop Desani a couple years back. No complaints about Naima.

• Bat Country says:

Yeah, I liked Ashthon at first, but I’m over her already. Her tone is not pleasant until the vibrato kicks in. I agree with Mike, Kendra won the night and was robbed. I am torn on Robbie and Stefano. I thought they both did very well, but if you want to give it on “total package” (i.e. sex appeal) it’s Stefano’s. Robbie is very talented, but still comes off as “high school” unlike many of the other teens in the competition. He’s not quite seasoned yet.

Glad they still saved a piano guy from the ax though.

• kimberly aguilar says:

yeah i totally agree with you kendra did the best out of all 6 and she wasnt chosen when steven even said she is the whole package and that she was amazing that night. she deserved to get it in im really dissapointed in the judges decision except for stefano he is really good

• kellybelly says:

I totally agree Melissa. I thought Ashton was the weakest of the 6.Her voice is too thin for that song. Just missed the power potential of the song. Everyone else was great.
        My pics would have been – Kendra and Lauren Turner. Or Kendra and Naima.

• jenna says:

i agree exactllyyy :) especially robbie! i lovedd himmm <333333

• ROSEMARIE Coppola-Shallash says:

I am so disappointed Robbie is not in the top 13. He was fantastic!!!!!! He will get a recording contract!!. I watched him at concerts at the school when my son was in orchestra…and he just amazed me!!!

• Ralph says:

I agree with you 100%. I thought Robbie had so much feeling in his songs and his voice was like velvet. I picked Robbie from day one. What were the judges thinking?

• Sarah says:

I also agree. My family and I were so disappointed when he didn’t get called from the wild cards! He had such a beautiful, soft voice that was different from any of the other singers! I didn’t even see him as a high schooler…

• Mary says:

You nailed it exactly. I was so sure that Robbie and Kendra would go through, but they picked attitude over performance. Ashthon and Stefano will be the first to go.

• Emily says:

I think AMERICA and those STUPId judges are alllll IDIOTS. Ashton?? ReallY? She sucks and Robbie getting thrown off was SHOCKING I almost choked. Naima DOES NOT deserve to be the next American Idol. Her voice is HORRIBLE. The only reason they chose her is because she dresses different and cries like a child over cleaning toilets. So what Naima? it doesn’t mean you deserve a spot. Look at that guy who’s fiance is in a wheelchair he didn’t make it through. This is NOT a pity contest but a talent contest and Naima and Ashton DID NOT deserve those spots. Neither did that kid with the Mawhawk.

• Emily says:

• Sarah says:

I actually think Naima has a very nice voice. She is different true, but her voice wasn’t bad at all. That’s my opinion of course.

2. FinnAaron says:

Top 6 guys are in, but quite the screw up on the girls side, Haley and Karen in the Top 10, WHYYYYYYYY? Side note, thank god Robbie is out, good singers but so hard to look at

• Sarah says:

What’s wrong with Robbie?

• Ann says:

I agree! Haley and Karen???? over Kendra and Chiquita Banana girl…go figure. I’m glad Chiquita made it at least.

• donie says:

Um, are you comparing Naima to Carmen Miranda?

• Tekkie says:

Chiquita Banana girl! That’s exactly what my hubby called her LOL.

I still don’t like any of the girls and hearing Robbie’s encore, I think it was time for him to go…all that contrived breathy nonsense wasn’t emotion it was nonsense. I think Ashton will be cannon fodder and was a waste of a wildcard pick. Oh well, more trainwrecks to come!

• annab says:

Agreed. I think she may be Lil Rounds 2.0. They want her to “fill” the diva spot but her voice and song choices just don’t seem up to it.

• kellybelly says:

I TOTALLY agree! Ashton looks the part and has the right tude, but there’s really nothing unique about her. She’s a blander Riannha or Beyonce. No way is she anything like Ms.Ross.
            I cannot believe that they gave Ashton Kendra’s spot.

• David says:

I thought Lil Rounds was way underrated and think the judges picked on her a little to be honest. I think she made solid choices and that she went way too early.

• ladyinsilver says:

I completely agree! Haley the train wreck and Karen the pageant queen have no place in the top 13. So many uniquely talented people were passed over, especially Lauren T.

• Lunakit says:

Conspiracy theory: Kendra and Lauren T were kept out bc the TPTB didn’t want too much competition for “the chosen one.”

• darcy's evil twin says:

Finally! A bandwagon I can get on. Thank you Lunakit. That is the ONLY way to explain what happened.

Lauren Turner can mop the floor with most of these folks.

• ladd says:

Very true. Lauren had that great performance with strep throat and a high fever. AI kept it a secret. She was still outstanding.

• joy says:

Could not agree with you more…Haley and Karen are a joke for the top 13…Was really surprised that clint and Brett did not get another tryout…

• Trish says:

It won’t matter because most of the democratic are women and they tend to vote for the guys. My favorite of the girls is Pia. For the guys is James and Casey. Too many great singers to choice from really. Best season besides Season 7 and 8 by far! Makes me wonder Season 9? Was there a season 9? LOL

• JC says:

Robbie is a very cute kid, and such a beautiful voice, he bought tears to my eyes last night…his singing is very unique and beautiful, I can not beleive they didn’t put him through..I don’t understand that at all.

3. ps says:

Wish they would have picked Jovany over Ashton-can’t stand her! But other than that I’m pretty happy with the top 13 and I think they are a talented and interesting bunch of performers.

4. Elena says:

Overall, no real surprises, however, I am really PO’d that Lauren Turner didn’t even get a shot at the Wild Card and that Kendra (who sang her BUTT off) wasn’t one of the final three chosen. Ashthon and Stefano delivered when it counted (although I wish I liked their voices better). Still, an entertaining AI episode for a change.

• MDEP says:

I so agree about Lauren Turner. I would have loved to see her make it over Haley or Karen.

• Jill says:

I didn’t watch tonight because of work, but Kelly Clarkson was pretty much tweeting/facebooking the episode. I thought Kendra was in with the way she reacted to Kendra’s song. Disappointed she’s not. Maybe she & Paul will end up in as in a duet again some day.

• ssotero says:

I agree, Lauren was one of the best. Didn’t even get a chance to sing. Can’t believe it. what is up with Karen Rodriguez getting in????
      She was like a “beauty pageant” talent segment. Come ON!!

5. annab says:

Noooooooo……Kendra…..come back……

I would pay money to replace Karen with Kendra. Cash money.

• Elena says:

I get what everyone is saying about Karen. She does have a dated, pageant style yet her tone is so pretty. I’d like to give her one more shot before I decide if I really like her.

• ladyinsilver says:

I don’t like Karen at all, but your point about giving her one more week is well-taken. This sudden death format is really bad. Sometimes it takes a couple of performances to connect with your audience. There were at least 6 people who were sent home tonight who deserved another shot (I’m not talking about you, Julie!)

• My 2 Cents says:

I’ll chip in to ditch Karen for Kendra!

• kellybelly says:

Where were all of you when Kendra needed your votes? Were you voting?
      I am really, really surprised that Haley got in over Kendra.
      Somebody must have power dialed Haley or something. LOL
      Oh, I’m sick about Kendra! The Judges are nuts!!!

But isn’t that every year. They ALWAYS make some sort of crazy choice that just turns out to be fodder.

Why didn’t they take MORE than 3? Slezak! Investigate! We need answers to soothe our sorrowful hearts!

• obama says:

Here is the problem, I agree Kendra is good singer,but not better then Karen. The fact is that manny of us are mad becouse they picked a latina girl over a white girl and to tell you guys another fact Kendra woukd have been voted out the same way Karen will be voted out.

• Ms. K says:

You have no reason to think that the people who prefer Kendra over Karen are saying that because Karen is Latina. Just because you like Karen’s voice as much as I like Kendra’s doesn’t mean I’m racist and you’re not. They’re very different stylistically, with Karen’s performance being very conventional and beauty pageant-like. I’m sure I would have liked her better if she’d chosen a hipper song and performance style.

6. Amy says:

I am SO disappointed that Kendra didn’t make it! She was so good both nights. She should have been there over quite a few of the girls. Oh, well. I am going to be cheering for the boys (Casey and Paul) until I get other this.

7. Mel31602 says:

I would have picked Robbie over Stefano and Kendra and Lauren T over Haley and Ashthon. Kendra and Robbie were my top 2 so now I need new people to root for. I’m thinking Pia and Lauren for the girls and James and Scotty for the guys

• Caroline says:

Kendra and Robbie were my top 2 also. I like James and Scotty, but not so sure about the girls yet. Maybe Pia and Thia, or Lauren if she steps it up.

• Mariah says:

Ya right. The girls all suck compared to the guys. They should’ve allowed Jun Bug Gamboa to get in and Brett over Karen and Thia. And they should have let Kendra in over Ashton. I think Brett’s image was a little creepy though for the crowd, although his voice rocked! Also, there are so many latinos in the States that Karen got through solely because of that.

8. Lo says:

Robbie and Kendra absolutely deserved to get through, I cannot believe the judges didn’t pick them. I’m also sad that Brett wasn’t voted in, I think he has a nice tone and such a fun personality. The only person I’m rooting for now in the Top 13 is Pia. Please get Robbie, Kendra, or Brett on Idoloonies ASAP!!

9. JKap says:

This was too stressful. Oh the pain American Idol puts on me…

10. dawg says:

Didn’t totally agree with the wild card picks, but thrilled that Haley will still be around to “inspire” me from week to week.

And what’s with Thia’s constant puss? She looks like someone stole her technicolor dreamcoat.

• Mary says:

I think she is just shell shock. I love her singing but fear she is going to get eaten alive when the live shows start. Maybe she will surprise us, but this is one instant when 15 is to young. I am glad she made the top 13.

• ladyinsilver says:

What’s with Thia’s wardrobe choice tonight?! Didn’t anyone tell her that cut-off jeans and an oversized sweater (in primary colors!) is not good for TV?

• Tekkie says:

Wilson the Volleyball from Castaway has more personality than Thia. Not sure how she squeaked in, but I bet the conspiracy theories will be alive and well after tonight.

• hereiam says:

Your comment made me laugh so hard I spit up my drink!! This is SO true…NOTHING comes out of her (like personality, spirit, connection)….it’s soul-less.

• darcy's evil twin says:

Made me laugh! :-)

And thank you, I need a laugh tonight!

For crying out loud, her rendition of the Irene Cara song was so full of flat notes it made me cringe! How in the name of Sam Hill did she get voted through. Who is voting on these people? Were the students at the School for the Deaf speed dialing?

• Bat Country says:

I blame the judges for her making it through. This was where I really missed Cowell. There’s no way he would have let that girl sing like that without afterward telling her where she can go to find the auditions for “Glee.”

For those of you who are shocked that Karen made it, you will be more shocked when she makes the top five, because apparently you haven’t kept up with the national demographics.

11. DookDood says:

Good show tonight. Should be a great season. Very happy about Stefano, not so much about Naima. She certainly pulls my attention but not in a good way. Would’ve rather had Robbie than her as a finalist.

12. Gaier says:

I have no desire to watch any of these 13. Where’s the rockers? Where’s the unique? And I am shocked Robbie and Brett weren’t picked. LOL

• Justin says:

Oh shut up- the two that you mentioned aren’t ROCKERS you moron.

• Emma says:

How much rock do you se today’s top40? All the genuine rockers were left in the dust even before the Hollywood week. Now we have only one rock dude impersonator, James.

13. dawg says:

Didn’t agree with all the wildcard picks, but thrilled that Haley will be around to “inspire” me from week to week.

And what’s with Thia’s constant puss?

14. Melissa says:

Really sad that my 2 favorites didn’t even make it into the wild card (Lauren Taylor and Tim H.) What a bummer…they had such wonderful and original voices. :-(

15. Justin K says:

Get over Kendra- good Lord- enough. She had this skanky vibe to her. I didn’t like her. at all. her voice was strange and sometimes annoying (she screeched)

Over all every one of my favorites (Paul, Casey, Jacob, Naima) got through. so i’m happy to see how this turns out-

This season is turning out to be WAY BETTER than last season. They’ve got some people that it will be interesting what they do with the songs because of the fact that they are so distinct and so in tune with their genres.

• RLA says:

Justin, I agree. I mean, I don’t know that I got a skanky vibe, but I don’t think Kendra was all that great — she started off waaaay shakey tonight. BUT I would have preferred her over Haley or Ashton (though I REALLY would have preferred Lauren T). Paul, Casey, Jacob, Naima, Lauren are my favorites so far but you’re right, this season is soooo much better than last season. I’d take any of these people over anyone from last year (although yes, Crystal was good).

16. Crispin says:

How can you say there were no upsets or surprising shockers… front runners Robbie Rosen, Brett Lowenstern, and Julie Zorillo are out!!! Yes their performances this week may not have been the best… but… Ashton…. really???? I would have put Lauren T. in her place. I also would have put Robbie, Brett, and Stefano (yeah one got in) and dropped Paul. I’m worried Paul and Jacob are one trick ponies that can only do their weird chicken dance and super song oversinging respectively.

I’m a little worried as to how by the seat of the pants was the judges decision tonight that they played up as being spontaneous though… when I caught a poorly framed shot that showed Ryan’s teleprompter displaying… congratulations Naee-ma (spelled phoenticly for him I guess) you’re in the Top 13. Um… they made it seem like 13 was the “curveball”… or was this all scripted and predecided.

Otherwise…. tonight was one of the most tense and drama filled Idol episodes ever… so it made for great TV.

• Missy says:

I am thinking the person who really got robbed was Colton Dixon. He was so great on Ellen. Maybe next year for him. Plus I don’t think it is fair for Paul to have all this stuff out on youtube. WTF is up with that?

17. Caroline says:

Robbie Rosen was robbed. He was absolutely incredible tonight. I just can’t believe it. And I still don’t get Haley and Ashton, especially Ashton- Robbie easily should have her spot.

18. jef says:

Sooooooooo bummed Alaina T didn’t get in. Haley who? Otherwise pretty predictable.

19. muffin says:

I can’t believe Haley made it. I refuse to believe it. She wouldn’t even have made it to Hollywood in my book. I feel like she’s taking away a valuable spot in this Top 13. Especially with so much talent this year, I can think of several contestants more deserving of that spot. Kinda feel that way about Karen as well.

Heartbroken for Kendra, she was amazing in both of her performances.

Other than that I’m pleased with the Top 13. I like 9-10 of them, that’s quite a lot for me.

• Christina says:

Haley auditioned in season 9 and didn’t even make it to Hollywood. so how the heck does she make the top 13 this year?

• darcy's evil twin says:

Bowersox wasn’t there this season to smack Haley upside the head with her guitar every time Haley even attempted to even entertain the notion that she could sing like Janis Joplin.

• Teena says:

My thought here is that Haley and Kendra look too much alike. Same goes for Julie and Pia. I was kind of surprised that both sets made the top 24. Haley is entertaining, but I would have preferred Kendra. I always thought that, in season 8, Mishovanna Henson was cut because she was too similar to Allison Iraheta.

20. tyler says:

i really enjoy the top 13, with the exception of scotty, karen, and james.

i think lauren t, kendra, and robbie should have been it in. but overall really talented bunch.
    all six people sang there butts off. so glad brett is gone.
    this season reminds me off the older seasons where pretty much everyone was good.

21. VIvi says:

I got to say that it’s been a long time since the Top 12/13 (from top to bottom) have been this talented. I think the last time we’ve seen this much talent was way back in Season 5 (Elliott Yamin, Chris Daughtry, Katherine McPhee, etc.).

I’m excited for next week.

22. Christina says:

I think the top 13 is what many people thought it would be. Kendra didn’t get in because she wasn’t a producers favorite, and well Haley for some unknown reason is. Once the finals gets going though I think the girls are going to fall fast. My final two prediction is Casey vs. Scotty.

• Crispin says:

This is not Nashville Star… no way Scotty should make it past the top 5. He’s a one trick country pony. AI is about diversity and flexibility to do different styles. Casey is probably the front runner now… and Pia.

23. Eolra says:

Okay WTF was Thia wearing tonight??????? Everyone else is in sparkly, satiny, shiny new dress-clothes, and she’s wearing an f-ing highschool sweater and jean shorts – THAT SHE ALREADY WORE DURING THE HOLLYWOOD ROUNDS?????? Did she piss off the stylists or something?

• Marta says:

She did look WAY out of place. On top of the strange robot-y vibes I get from her, she stands there with that sour-puss look on her face wearing street clothes while everyone else is dolled up. Still scratching my head….

24. Jess says:

Kendra was robbed.

25. xanana says:

I was good with the top 10. I would have had Robbie as the first wildcard pick. I like Ashton and Stefano okay. Naoma (sp) bugs me. There’s a few in the top 10 that are going to drive me nuts quickly (Haley, I’m looking at you and Smarmy Jacob is right there too).

26. Mary says:

Overall I am happy with the pick. I think Lauren T should of made it over Ashton for the WC. I can tell you her attitude is irritating. I can only hope America drops her quickly, like next week. I wasn’t to thrill with Karen, but I guess you shouldn’t under estimate my space or the Latino vote. This is a diverse group, so it should be entertaining. They do need to stop pushing for Lauren A. She is good, but I don’t think she is the best. Good luck to them all.

27. DF says:

Ashton? Ashton??!!?? I can excuse the weirdnesses of audience votes, but not this. The other biggest surprise to me was that Brett didn’t even have a chance to sing for the wild card.

• Crispin says:

I was shocked by that too… Brett should totally have been allowed to perform. It should have been 2 guys and 1 girl for wild card… ditch Ashton. Even she was shocked they let her in!

28. Eolra says:

I think my biggest disappointment was that one of the six wildcard-sing-off slots was wasted Jovany. I think everyone agrees that he has a nice voice, but I can’t believe the judges thought there was any chance of him suddenly magically infusing personality into one more performance. It was clear that we had already seen everything we were going to see from him – boring ballads – I would have liked to see someone like Tim,or even Brett who had SOME CHANCE of pulling out a last bag of tricks to surprise us.

29. Toia says:

In not mad at the boys, I would have preferred Robbie over Stefano. I think it has to do with the fact that I don’t like then tone or quality of Stefano’s voice. The girls on the other hand many wrong choices where made there. I couldn’t vote because I didn’t get to watch it till late. The fact that Kendra is going home is just a crime. The way they did this elimination was confusing and gave 11 people no chance at all. I watched it with my mum who’s not an idol fan (she watches the odd episode). She poised a good question, in my opinion, ” why get all 24 of those poor kids hopes up and have them perform to potently half or more than them home.” it just seems impractical and must have been decistating to those 11 who went home.

30. Paco says:

31. Amanda says:

I can’t believe they didn’t include Kendra! She really deserved, as she’s delivered great performances each times whereas some of those other contestants were greatly lacking. As much as I like Naima at the start of the season, I don’t think she deserved to go on and I mean that singing wise. Kendra killed it on that stage. And I don’t know what America’s voters are smoking but why the hell is Haley up there? Jeez… and the judges picking Ashton?

I’m getting really annoyed with the judges this season. They were doing so well up until this week and it just turned into a train wreck. Can somebody please contact them and tell them to get their act together? This is ridiculous!

I’m off to pout now about the loss of Kendra.

32. Max says:

Kendra was robbed. No way are Haley/Karen/Ashton better choices for the top 13. dont know what the producers have against her. i think the Karen and Haley will be the first 2 to drop—there is NOTHING special about their voices/performances to this point.

• Crispin says:

Actually I think you’re going to see Karen stick around. She’s soooo milking that latino vote.

• annab says:

That may have been one of the things I found most disturbing about her performance on Wed – it really felt like pandering by singing in Spanish.

33. Ann says:

If Haley isn’t voted off early in this competition, I would guess she is this season’s Sanjiya. Please say it isn’t so.

• mu-shoo says:

I don’t hate Haley. What is wrong with me? Everyone hates Haley, why do I find her so entertaining? Over the top? Sure. A little pleased with herself? Maybe. But she can hit the notes, and she’s got confidence on stage. Sanjaya had neither. I hope she tones down that gimmicky blub-blub-blub thing that she does at the end of phrases, but I like her growl. I’m rooting for Haley! Pro Haley! Karen and Ashthon are going to have to step it up.

• darcy's evil twin says:

I am so annoyed that Thia Megia, Lauren Aliana, and Ashthon whatshername are in there instead of Lauren Turner *I* may start rooting for Haley myself! I can almost stomach Haley more than the aforementioned contestants.

34. tkart says:

I was okay with the ones that America choose but the 3 wildcards…. no!

• Ann says:

I remember everyone saying this about Fantasia, because she was a wild card.

• hereiam says:

Actually Fantasia was not a wild card…She was the top vote getter in her group (that was back when three groups of ten or so sang, and the top two vote getters went through)…Jennifer Hudson was a wild card that season – Randy picked her. Just clarifying.

35. agrimesy says:

I’m going to miss Brett (aka rainbow cookie). I’m shocked Robbie did not advance! As for the girls . . . How could the judges sit there and claim Kendra Chantelle is the WHOLE package (voice, performance, and appeal) then ignore her as she sang circles around the other two female wildcard hopefuls. Those two made it, and Kendra did not. That makes NO sense to me whatsoever! #facepalm

The other contestants were no surprise to me at all. I hope this Idol season has not just become the most predictable one ever. Let’s see . . . Naima will continue to sing the wrong songs and go home early. Karen and Haley won’t endear enough fans to stay long. Ashton will never live up to diva status. Pia and Thia? Would you buy their music? Casey, Paul, and James will continue to “do their thing” over and over and over until their own fans are bored with it. Stefano will go way too far on looks alone. Jacob Lusk will be a shocking fourth place finish and sell multi-platinum records to people who had no idea he was a contestant on a reality show. Scotty will be runner up, and finally, I’m going to call it right now . . . Lauren Alaina wins American Idol Season 10 . . . (whoopee)

36. betsy says:

stefano won my heart and soul tonight – he is an INCREDIBLE singer – I’m putting my money on him winning the whole thing, ala Kris Allen.

• Crispin says:

I agree for the first time Stefano’s performance moved me tonight and I agreed he should be picked. He was amazing and I wasn’t a big fan of him before. It was very Kris Allen ish.

Although I consider Adam Lambert the true winner that season… if it hadn’t been for the anti gay backlash… he would have won.

37. brandy says:

38. mu-shoo says:

I might be the only one, but I’m glad Stefano made it in. I agree that Robbie deserved it too, but I think Stefano has a beautiful voice, a lot of potential, and he melts my heart when he smiles. *Sap* Oh, and KENDRA WAS ROBBED. Plus she was cut short while speaking (again), and she was the first to only get one critique. She had a bullseye on her from the beginning. Pity.

39. Ann says:

OMg…Stephano sings circles around Kris Allen.

40. Magnolia says:

Thia is this season’s Jasmine Trias, sweet and blah.

• Davey says:

Thia has a much better singing voice than Jasmine and she can also sing on key.

• mu-shoo says:

Finally, for once, I think they can all actually sing. Casey may have the least range…Yes, the most personality and a ton of talent — I like him, but I don’t know that he can SANG IT like Stefano, Robbie and even Jovanny SANG IT tonight. Gotta agree with Magnolia … given that everyone can sing, Thia is this season’s Jasmine in every other regard.

41. Cleety says:

This is off subject, but does anybody else think that this Haley looks amazingly like Haley Scarnato from some seasons back?

42. Justin says:

I will always maintain Kendra should have been in the top 13!!!!

43. MarcuS says:

Aside from Ashthon and Robbie, mostly good choices, vocal-wise. Unfortunately, it’s a big ocean of bland out there.

44. Vidal says:

OMG, ASHTHON????!! Let me off this train so I can vomit. Her notes were all over the place tonight, just like her ego. If her head were any bigger, it would hit Randy Jackson in the head. And it should’ve because he “really likes her attitude.” What? Really? Likes her “attitude?” That’s the very thing that annoys most Americans. She is OUT next week.

45. brandon says:

Michael, can we PLEASE address the fact that all of the top 10 performed in the 2nd half of the night? Does performance order really affect votes that much, or did the producers stack it up that way on purpose? (Probably both.)

Man, I’m so bummed about my favorites not making it tonight. Kendra is a star. Tim, Rachel, Lauren T all had so much potential.

46. ErixN says:

I was happy with the three picked in the Wild Card round. I was surprised Kendra got a shot. I didn’t like her low register and I do not feel her connection to the songs that she performs.

So out of my previous list of Sanjayas only two remain: Josh and Haley (although I do find Haley entertaining).

47. ab says:

I agree with most of the comments here, although surprised that there’s been no mention of Rachel Z. She might not have given her best performance last night, but I was hoping she would have at least gotten a shot at the wild card. The girls voted into the top 10 are pretty boring. I would definitely have swapped Thia, Haley, and Karen for Kendra, Rachel Z. and Lauren T. And I would have liked to hear Brett sing again instead of Jovanny. Hope to see some of these kids again soon.

• Eolra says:

I agree- I was bummed she didn’t get to sing. Would have been more interesting than what we got. She looked heartbroken.

• annab says:

Totally agree – I’m worried I’ll be bored with the ladies from here on. Rachel really deserved another shot and would have injected some much needed fun and life into the competition, Siobhan Magnus-style.

48. Michael says:

I would swap out Stefano for Robbie in a hot second and not think twice. Stefano seems like a sweet kid but he’s just so generic, I can’t even.

49. Ann says:

Honestly, I hope Ashthon’s hair is bigger next week. It was much to demure for her personality.

50. Gingersnap says:

Agree with the general consensus that Kendra belongs in and Haley should have been sent packing. I’ll be working with my texting next week to make sure the other girls get more votes than Haley. I’m okay with Karen in the top 10, but would have liked to see Lauren T there.

Glad to see Naima and Ashthon there.

• Cherisse says:

How in the world did Kendra NOT get picked. That was TOTALLY Unfair! She is vocally superior by a long shot. Her wild cat performance revealed her range…I’m still in shock……