The Cape's Crusade Will Conclude Online

It appears The Cape has been grounded — not that the dude, like, ever flew in the first place.

A rep for NBC confirms for TVLine that the show’s season finale, which was to have aired this past Monday as part of a double-header, instead will premiere online at NBC.com sometime in March.

The season-ender’s reassignment was first speculated on by TVSeriesFinale.com, which noted this advisory on The Cape‘s NBC.com hub: “The creators … are prepping an exclusive episode just for online fans! Keep watching this site in the days ahead to see a full-length special episode.”

The disappointing performance of both The Cape (which early last month saw its 13-episode order cut to 10) and The Event has caused much shuffling of NBC’s midseason schedule. At first, The Event‘s return from a winter hiatus was pushed back a week so that The Cape could wrap its run on February 28 with a pair of episodes. Instead, NBC made way for Chuck (no argument there!), leaving The Cape‘s finale unaired.

And even the Cape hour that did run on Monday performed far from super-bly: It drew an all-time low 1.1 demo rating, and barely collared 4 million total viewers.

TVLine will let you know as soon as we hear the exact online premiere date for The Cape‘s season finale.

1. Kathy says:

Firefly and The Cape rank high on my list. All the “major” networks think first and foremost of is the bottom line. Mainstream TV always belonged to the sponsors. There is very little quality out there.

2. Ivo says:

They should look more to Japan. They just make short series. They just say:… hey, lets make a 36 eps. serie.

I wouldn’t know how to make The Cape a 2 season serie let stand an even longer one. They should have been happy just to make it about 20 eps and than finish it.

3. Maul says:

Absolutely unbelievable. I will be mailing a personal letter to the chairman in charge of this. All you fans of the Cape should do the same.

4. David Kelly says:

NBC = Now Being Canceled I’m sure they, like ABC (Already Been Canceled) will pick up a super fantastic crap game show and call it reality. I really wish NCIS and the few remaining shows would wrap up so I can quit watching these government puppet stations. They don’t listen to the wishes of the people; they take the money of losers like Mark Burnett to air his crappy game shows.

5. Brion says:

The good news now, is The Cape is now available on DVD, or at least I purchased mine at Walmart…..

6. uk-fan says:

I’m watching the cape in the uk on the Sci-fi channel, am only on ep3 but this is a good show and am gutted that is axed. Typical US tv cancal a show after just 1season (firefly to star trek: enterprise all the same)

7. I WANT THE CAPE BACK says:

O.M.G THE CAPE ITS GREAT WHAY THEY CANCEL IT I WATCH ALL IN ONE GO.

8. Chuck says:

I just finished watching the 10 episodes of “The Cape” on Netflix.
    Wish they would bring it back, Thought it was a good series.

9. Chris says:

Matt your an idiot, CHUCK better the THE CAPE? The cape had a more wholesome core value then all of the shows on NBC put together, kids could watch it without their parents have to worry about its content, like CHUCK. yeah the ratings weren’t that high because peoples radar of good shows has been put so far out of whack that they dont know a good show when they see it. NBC should be ashamed of the actions that they took, to take a good, somewhat clean show, for the crap that is shown on NBC now. Its a shame that it had to happen, and BOO to the producers who were so STUPID as to take that show off of the air.

10. Critickilla says:

This was a great show. Anyone born in the early 80’s would love a show like this. This show is right up our alley. Now a days you have to be a vampire or directed by clint eastwood to be seen. Lets not gorget how horrid these sitcoms truly are. I remember good comdey not this dry spongebob stuff they call ” Comedy “. The Cape on bluray if it drops will recieve my money.

11. Lethewokiwin says:

Just finished watching all of the episodes on Netflix. I enjoyed it. As a comic book fan, the story made a lot of since: good cop framed for a crime he didn’t commit; now dead to the world must prove his innocence and protect his family. The rogues gallery of villains made sense as well. It would have been nice to see the assassins organization Tarot fleshed out more. Would be cool if F/X or Syfy would pick up where it left off.

12. SJT says:

OMG!! Watch this online… Had major surgery that left me not interested in tv for a while :(( Saw previews for this show and now watching it online and IT TOTALLY STINKS that “The Cape” has been canceled!! SciFi SHOULD take this and run with it, this show has the potential to have a run like SG-1 did!!! NBC, give up already…. Start counting the people who watch online!!! AND LISTEN TO WHAT WE ARE REALLY SAYING!!! Give this show to SciFi!

13. Danny says:

I really enjoyed this series just like no ordinary family it is not getting the chance it deserves sure there are areas I would have done different like the bad guys, chess, snake skin or what ever his name is, if I was on the group that put the ideas up I would have made the main bad guy more in the background with more playing from the shadows, left more to the imagination and played off the organization more like with names of like cards, Ace of spades, king of spades and such. Made the assassin group the chess pieces, and instead of making snake skin given him a big scar and named him scar not whatever that was snake skin. I always believe if you keep it simple people usually connect with it a little bit better instead of going full on comic book feel which hardly ever translates well to tv series in the bad guy department the bad guys kind of had a power ranger baddie kind of feel did not care for that part of it too much, unless marvels heading up the whole she bang which would probably never happen. But I feel this has a lot of potential they have had worse super hero series go longer. I really think if they revamp it, it would probably go further also airing it like noon Saturday would be amazing seeing there is not anything good to watch at that time usually. That is my 2 cents if anyone is willing to listen so there, all better now.

• Danny says:

P.S. Do not think their are any rules of revisiting old series that were great. Hulk, A team, wink wink I would totally watch.

14. DWAYNE says:

even after these two years i still cant find the final show. why?????? the cape was cool