Shocking House Videos: Is Cuddy Dying?

Get More: News, Previews, Video

New promos for Fox’s hit medical drama forewarn of next Monday’s outing, “This is no ordinary episode of House.”

And indeed it certainly won’t be, seeing as the life of a major character hangs in the balance.

As Wilson himself puts it in the first promo shared below, “[Cuddy] could be dying.”

In this sneak peek, House and the team bat around ideas as to what is ailing their boss lady:

And in this one, Wilson conducts an ultrasound test that presents not-good news:

Whatever the outcome, the far-out script — which involves several fantasy sequences (and Hugh Laurie singing), as Cuddy fights for her life and House struggles to cope with this heartbreaking crisis — put a big smile on Lisa Edelstein’s face. “It’s really exciting,” Cuddy’s portrayer tells TVLine. “I love this episode.”

With reporting by Megan Masters

Comments (146)

• I was in love with medical cases.
    Season 1: wow it’s so good and clever show!
    *Seven years later*
    …wedding, couples,I love you! I live for you! I love you sooo sooo much!

Same show?
    same writers?

bah.

Comment by Tat – March 2, 2011 12:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hmmmmm,…….. I’m not sure what is most entertaining, these comments, about life or death, show or no show…. A new or Old.. Bitter or sweet, love or hate. Hmm Sounds like a confused crowed to me. All I know is seems everyone is floating in the same boat, and doen’t really see what the plot of the story is and has been saying from the beginning. No one should go, I “Believe” ,,,,, hahaha I’m Not going to share what I believe, I “see” like house, it is obvious house is in love, maybe she is pregnant and going to have a House Jr….. Now that might CHange House, to Love and understand Love better…. I understand Cuddy, Not had the pleasure of carring a child, so a pregnancy could offer a new idea and all parts, yeah,,, Sorry not going to share and for those that have foul idea’s…….. Im guessing you should really pay attention what you say, you can’t take it back, even if it is “Just” a show

Comment by Rondele – March 2, 2011 12:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Does anyone seriously believe that they would kill off Cuddy? It’s more probable that they would kill off Wilson as it stands right now than her.

Comment by timotey – March 2, 2011 12:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • SO LOVE THAT IDEA

Maybe Wilson finally gets up the courage to tell House he’s gay and has a thing for him. House laughs in his face telling him that he and Cuddy are getting married,they have twins on the way and he has never been happier. He also traded in his motorcycle for a minivan for the new family.

Wilson in a pit of despair decides to off himself by finding an old stash of vicodin and overdosing.

Comment by ebowers – March 2, 2011 05:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • that’s so BS, why can’t i see this from romania? aarrrghh

Comment by lala – March 2, 2011 01:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • this is racist cant see the video in my country

Comment by EUROPEAN CITIZEN – March 2, 2011 03:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Cuddy dying will throw the show back into depth and loneliness and unhappiness–like that scene in the bar in 7×14. I don’t particularly want this, but what I saw at the end of 7×14 was so ridiculous, so contrary to the meaning of the show and House in general, that I would take ANYTHING over Huddy right now. Anything, period.

And yes, I’m a Hilson fan, but I don’t have to be any fan at all to realize that Cuddy has degraded House into a subhuman mediocre man, and one whom she will hate, because he is not the man she fell in love with. She is too old to make these silly mistakes, or so I thought.

Comment by HouseBurned – March 2, 2011 07:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don´t want Cuddy to die. I love her very much and i wouldn´t watch the show without her. She is the only woman who makes House happy and she needs to stay.

Comment by Albert34 – March 2, 2011 08:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • for overseas viewers:

Comment by kindlyperson – March 2, 2011 09:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love Cuddy, Lisa Edelstein, and the relationship between her and House. I am interested to see what the reveals about her internal thoughts/struggles.

Comment by Crystal – March 2, 2011 11:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m sooo excited for this episode! The beginning of the first video with Hugh singing is just awesome, and definitely got me excited.

On Cuddy dying, I don’t think she is. We already have Thirteen dying and we can’t have 2 dying doctors.

Comment by Allison N – March 2, 2011 12:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Cuddy needs to stay alive. What the hell is House going to do??? Please Cuddy stay alive for your new students for Forman,Chase,Cameron, and Wilson.

Comment by ~musical~ – March 2, 2011 12:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hope not. I love Cuddy. She’s pretty awesome. Looking forward to fifteen.

Comment by Taryn – March 2, 2011 03:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I find that this season of house has been painfully dreary and grating. Kill cuddy and be done with her once and for all.

Comment by rosenyc – March 3, 2011 04:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How ’bout we all stop obsessing. Persnally, I hope she is pregnant, but whatever it is I’ll love it – Hugh sings, dances, acts – who could ask for anything more!

Comment by Kim Beard – March 3, 2011 05:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh come on! I’m in Canada, Why can”t I watch the videos :(

Comment by Maria – March 5, 2011 09:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh no! House deffinetally can not handle another broken heart. In the last part of the episode, House is back on his pills, which he just got off of. Awh man! This is not right. Poor house! :(

Comment by Taylor – March 7, 2011 06:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Cuddy is part of what makes the show? Killing her would be killing half the ratings and the show would likely go down the tubes after awhile. With that being said, I’m tired of every show using the relationship to get ratings but in America, thats what sells. Don’t like it? Stop watching or leave the country, otherwise quit complaining.

It’s stupid and immature to hate a fictional character [and wish death on them], of course I expect no more from Americans [at one time the people of my country were mature. .I think] but at the same time, it’s stupid to get that offended when someone doesn’t like a character or pairing you like. Don’t go to message boards or comment sections if you can’t opinions from both sides, otherwise grow up or at least shut up.

I find it amusing people think being ‘depressed’ and a ‘user’ is a good trait so they decide to like characters like that because its ‘cool’ or whatever reason. The human race is so sad -sigh-

Comment by Krissy – March 7, 2011 07:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow, the judgement day music video was AWESOME!!!!

Comment by Harlan – March 7, 2011 08:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • TL;DR: People talking about fictional characters and getting butthurt about things they can’t change. Tip: None of the writers of House care about what you have to say.

Comment by ChrisB – March 24, 2011 05:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post