Shocking House Videos: Is Cuddy Dying?

New promos for Fox’s hit medical drama forewarn of next Monday’s outing, “This is no ordinary episode of House.”

And indeed it certainly won’t be, seeing as the life of a major character hangs in the balance.

As Wilson himself puts it in the first promo shared below, “[Cuddy] could be dying.”

In this sneak peek, House and the team bat around ideas as to what is ailing their boss lady:

And in this one, Wilson conducts an ultrasound test that presents not-good news:

Whatever the outcome, the far-out script — which involves several fantasy sequences (and Hugh Laurie singing), as Cuddy fights for her life and House struggles to cope with this heartbreaking crisis — put a big smile on Lisa Edelstein’s face. “It’s really exciting,” Cuddy’s portrayer tells TVLine. “I love this episode.”

With reporting by Megan Masters

1. Tat says:

I was in love with medical cases.
    Season 1: wow it’s so good and clever show!
    *Seven years later*
    …wedding, couples,I love you! I live for you! I love you sooo sooo much!

Same show?
    same writers?

bah.

2. Rondele says:

Hmmmmm,…….. I’m not sure what is most entertaining, these comments, about life or death, show or no show…. A new or Old.. Bitter or sweet, love or hate. Hmm Sounds like a confused crowed to me. All I know is seems everyone is floating in the same boat, and doen’t really see what the plot of the story is and has been saying from the beginning. No one should go, I “Believe” ,,,,, hahaha I’m Not going to share what I believe, I “see” like house, it is obvious house is in love, maybe she is pregnant and going to have a House Jr….. Now that might CHange House, to Love and understand Love better…. I understand Cuddy, Not had the pleasure of carring a child, so a pregnancy could offer a new idea and all parts, yeah,,, Sorry not going to share and for those that have foul idea’s…….. Im guessing you should really pay attention what you say, you can’t take it back, even if it is “Just” a show

3. timotey says:

Does anyone seriously believe that they would kill off Cuddy? It’s more probable that they would kill off Wilson as it stands right now than her.

• ebowers says:

SO LOVE THAT IDEA

Maybe Wilson finally gets up the courage to tell House he’s gay and has a thing for him. House laughs in his face telling him that he and Cuddy are getting married,they have twins on the way and he has never been happier. He also traded in his motorcycle for a minivan for the new family.

Wilson in a pit of despair decides to off himself by finding an old stash of vicodin and overdosing.

4. lala says:

that’s so BS, why can’t i see this from romania? aarrrghh

5. EUROPEAN CITIZEN says:

this is racist cant see the video in my country

6. HouseBurned says:

Cuddy dying will throw the show back into depth and loneliness and unhappiness–like that scene in the bar in 7×14. I don’t particularly want this, but what I saw at the end of 7×14 was so ridiculous, so contrary to the meaning of the show and House in general, that I would take ANYTHING over Huddy right now. Anything, period.

And yes, I’m a Hilson fan, but I don’t have to be any fan at all to realize that Cuddy has degraded House into a subhuman mediocre man, and one whom she will hate, because he is not the man she fell in love with. She is too old to make these silly mistakes, or so I thought.

7. Albert34 says:

I don´t want Cuddy to die. I love her very much and i wouldn´t watch the show without her. She is the only woman who makes House happy and she needs to stay.

8. kindlyperson says:

for overseas viewers:

9. Crystal says:

Love Cuddy, Lisa Edelstein, and the relationship between her and House. I am interested to see what the reveals about her internal thoughts/struggles.

10. Allison N says:

I’m sooo excited for this episode! The beginning of the first video with Hugh singing is just awesome, and definitely got me excited.

On Cuddy dying, I don’t think she is. We already have Thirteen dying and we can’t have 2 dying doctors.

11. ~musical~ says:

Cuddy needs to stay alive. What the hell is House going to do??? Please Cuddy stay alive for your new students for Forman,Chase,Cameron, and Wilson.

12. Taryn says:

Hope not. I love Cuddy. She’s pretty awesome. Looking forward to fifteen.

13. rosenyc says:

I find that this season of house has been painfully dreary and grating. Kill cuddy and be done with her once and for all.

14. Kim Beard says:

How ’bout we all stop obsessing. Persnally, I hope she is pregnant, but whatever it is I’ll love it – Hugh sings, dances, acts – who could ask for anything more!

15. Maria says:

Oh come on! I’m in Canada, Why can”t I watch the videos :(

16. Taylor says:

Oh no! House deffinetally can not handle another broken heart. In the last part of the episode, House is back on his pills, which he just got off of. Awh man! This is not right. Poor house! :(

17. Krissy says:

Cuddy is part of what makes the show? Killing her would be killing half the ratings and the show would likely go down the tubes after awhile. With that being said, I’m tired of every show using the relationship to get ratings but in America, thats what sells. Don’t like it? Stop watching or leave the country, otherwise quit complaining.

It’s stupid and immature to hate a fictional character [and wish death on them], of course I expect no more from Americans [at one time the people of my country were mature. .I think] but at the same time, it’s stupid to get that offended when someone doesn’t like a character or pairing you like. Don’t go to message boards or comment sections if you can’t opinions from both sides, otherwise grow up or at least shut up.

I find it amusing people think being ‘depressed’ and a ‘user’ is a good trait so they decide to like characters like that because its ‘cool’ or whatever reason. The human race is so sad -sigh-

18. Harlan says:

Wow, the judgement day music video was AWESOME!!!!

19. ChrisB says:

TL;DR: People talking about fictional characters and getting butthurt about things they can’t change. Tip: None of the writers of House care about what you have to say.

20. Felicia says: