RuPaul's Drag Race Recap: Batter Up!

This week’s installment of RuPaul’s Drag Race featured the eight remaining contestants creating couture looks based on different kinds of cakes, then strutting their looks (and mini confectionary versions of themselves) down the runway. Let’s recount the action in 10 dazzling screengrabs. Start your engines…

Delta Work makes the international symbol for "I don't want to do a naked photo shoot."

Raccoon Raja tears into Shangela for getting help with her sewin' and hairstylin'!

You're finally showing your true colors, Raja, and dare I say they're not very attractive.

Anna Wintour finds her new waking nightmare in Stacy Layne Matthews' definition of couture: Skintight red Capris paired with white shoes and an exploding shoulder.

Work, mama.

Team Heathers served some major runway drama this week, did they not?

Although Manila's mortuary makeup and heinous belt knocked her from the top perch.

Raja's exposed knicker, on the other hand, was not enough to sideline her runway stomp to the top.

Stacy literally tears out her own hair while attempting to lipsynch...for her life!

Alexis Mateo, chanté, you stay.

1. Chris says:

I’d like to think that the whole cattiness thing is a total put on for the sake of entertainment. Sutan/Raja can’t have been so catty in close quarters with Adam Lambert’s “it’s all about LOVE” troupe over 6 months.

Objectively, Raja, Manila and Carmen have been very consistent and I’d like to see them in the top 3.

2. Scooter says:

Thanks for the effort, but the screengrab quality here on TVLine is far from ‘dazzling.’ It’s a bit ghetto. Still love ya, Slezak, but can’t you guys work on getting some better technology?

3. NJ says:

Honestly, I think at this point Raja’s just frustrated. I would be too, if I was in a competition where someone else seemed to be getting help with everything.

Besides, the pointing you capped and the wink that followed it were so intentionally exaggerated you can’t really take them that seriously.

4. Baby C says:

I’m with you NJ.

Raja rocks and does not suffer fools gladly. Shangela plays the victim continuously as well as getting everyone else to do all the work for her. It’s no wonder that the older ones who actually know what thye’re doing should be frustrated and not feel the need to be quiet about it. It’s not bitchiness it’s just ‘keeping it real’ the one thing that Shangela insists on, as long as it’s not directed at her of course.

5. Molly says:

I’m no couture expert, but I’m pretty sure that when you say “I’ve got the capris” you are not headed in the right direction. Good riddance to Stacy. Raja is getting really ugly but she is still very talented. It’d make me happy to see Manila take the crown.

6. Jake says:

This season SUCKS!!! I continue to watch, however I usually have a favorite by now and none of these girls are very talented. I have not been WOW’d by any of them. Raja may have 25 years or whatever experience but is nothing more than a pretenious I am better than all of you B&tch. Delta, needs to go, tired of her campy crap look all the time. Manila is BORING!! what the hell was up with her look?She looked like a skinny ass Minnie Mouse. Horrible season!! I wish Pandora and some of the others with actual talent were on again.

7. madeleine says:

Ok, well I really like this show and I would appreciate a real recap!

8. John Berggren says:

The skintight jumpsuit look is never good on a big girl. I don’t know why so many big girls seem to think it is. For this alone, Lane-Bryant needed to go.
    Again, I’ll repeat that Shangela pushed her to her win. She may not know how to sew, but I still say Shangela is Dark Horse frontrunner.

And to the “Heathers”… you can roll your eyes all you want that the other girls didn’t “get” the reference – but since the Heathers were the nasty bitches in that film – perhaps you didn’t either (or perhaps you did).

9. Great issues altogether, you simply gained a brand new reader. What could you recommend about your publish that you made some days ago? Any sure?