Pilot Scoop: Rachelle Lefevre To Star In NBC's The Crossing. Is Off the Map Dead?

In what could be a bad omen for ABC’s Off the Map, Rachelle Lefevre has been tapped as the female lead in the NBC drama pilot The Crossing.

The project is set in a Missouri town during the post-Civil War Reconstruction era and centers on Jason, a Civil War soldier who crosses the country and settles into a complicated town where he is welcomed as its savior. Lefevre will play Anna, a war widow who watched helplessly as Union soldiers burned her husband and two little boys alive in their barn. Now living with her five-year-old daughter, Anna is smitten with Jason at first sight  and embarks on a torrid affair with the troubled outsider.

For Lefevre, the casting is technically in second position to Off the Map.

1. J says:

Or her character on Off the Map dies from that disease…

• Stephanie says:

I’m okay with her dying. She’s my least favorite character on the show.

• Naazneen says:

I agree completely. Im not a fan of Ryan’s character. So if she was to drop dead, i’d be 100% ok with that! :)

• Magically Suspicious says:

I like the chemistry between the good looking doc with the invalid wife and the uptight newbie with the gangster boyfriend (sorry, can’t remember names). I think that Rachelle’s character is just in the way.

• spikenalabam says:

Yeah, I’m okay with her dying.

2. knr says:

Nooooooooo. But I really, really enjoy OTM. It’s such an enjoyable guilty pleasure show.

3. jane says:

Her character has a life threatening heart condition so it may just be an easy exit for her.

4. well... says:

it’s possible off the map is dead then again her character is going to need a heart transplant so shonda rhimes could just be killing her off…

5. C says:

well…it could be one of two things:either her character dies or gets sent away because of that disease
    or ABC knows the shows a lost cause since the ratings have sunk A LOT since it’s premier, which is sad because I think the show was finally finding its voice.

6. Laurel says:

Her character on OTM has a TERMINAL illness.
    So it is more than likely that she only signed on for the 1st Season.
    She will probably die in the season finale.

Glad to see she found work , she is a pretty good actress.

7. jengod says:

Probably her character just dies from Chagas disease, although the show might be dead too.

8. Rhine says:

I’ve really been enjoying Off the Map, and Rachelle’s character has become the most interesting, in my opinion. I hope it’s given the opportunity for a second season.

9. Kingdom says:

Nice to know she will be on TV for at least another season. I just like looking at her :D. One of the biggest hotties on TV right now with a crap ton of potential if can find the right project (the civil war thing isn’t it). Could probably watch her in most anything (except the Twilight films of course).

10. AussieLee_GG says:

Off the Map is an awesome show! It can’t be taken ‘off’ the tv ‘map’!!! As much as I like the character and actress, she is very sick so possibly it’s just a way for her to leave the show like everyone else here is hoping!

11. David says:

I tried to make it through the premiere but couldn’t. I think that it left a bad taste in a lot of people’s mouth when it replaced that important episode of Private Practice that we had to wait like a month for! It was a bad idea to put off the possible fan base for that show that way. It might be a better show now, but I wasn’t impressed with what I saw early on. Plus I do have to say that I usually give a show more of a chance than I did this. It also didn’t help that it was up against Blue Bloods and SVU for a while either.

• Marty says:

Spot on man! This is the exact reason why I refused to watch it. I was sooo looking forward to Private Practice.

• Lynn says:

Dude – why are you even commenting if you didn’t watch past the premier? Seriously. The show is good.

12. Veronica says:

She’s gained a new fan in me after seeing her in OTM but I can’t say that this new project sounds very appealing.

If OTM somehow continues on, I really hope she doesn’t die. All she needs is a heart transplant. That’s easy peasy in Shondaland.

13. Jon says:

Nooooo, not a costume drama. Kiss of death for me. Won’t watch it.

14. ww says:

Off the map is my new favorite show. It’s one of the most interesting shows on TV with great writing and awesome characters. I’m really going to be sad if it gets pulled and private practice doesn’t.

15. ggny says:

Rachelle Lefevre = The New Series killer

16. Maruschka van Veen says:

I like off the map and hope it will not end after this season.

17. Vic says:

I actually like OTM better than Private Practise and am really hoping it gets picked up. Yes, she could leave for a transplant or have the kill her off. That would work for us!

18. jill says:

She and Mamie Gummer are the reasons I watch OTP.

But good luck to her in the new show.

19. Lauren says:

Well either way, I’m glad she’s getting work, I love her. She is beautiful and a fantastic actress. I will be disappointed if she leaves Off the Map, since she’s my favourite character and the only one that feels fully fleshed out. I’ll be a bit sad if Off the Map gets cancelled, but not too much. Either way, I’ll be watching this new show if she’s in it.

20. Julia says:

I’ll be disappointed if Off The Map doesn’t get a renewal for next season. I didn’t think I’d enjoy it as much as I do. She’s one of the most enjoyable characters on the show but she does have a terminal illness so hopefully it’s just her character that’s dead and not the whole show.

21. Dijea says:

I really enjoy Off the Map. My guess (and hope) that the disease just beats her. Maybe she can go back to the “STATES” to get a transplant.

22. Jen says:

No no no no no no!!!! I freaking LOVE OTM! Such a good show!!! Her character has a terminal illness. An easy write off. But I really like her on the show and her character is great. I really hope this show pulls it out.

23. godzilla_foil says:

I’ve never seen Off The Map, but loved her in many other TV stuff she did. Lead role FTW!

24. Alex says:

Off The Map? You mean “GA: South America”?

I watch it only cause the eye candy is just sooo tasty, but seriously, it suffers from the same horrible writing style as Grey’s and Private Practice, a style I’ve dubbed “faux drama” — where they just come up with the most ridiculous plots and situations in an attempt to create drama. Oh, and that every character is deeply flawed and has a terrible hidden tearjerker secret. And gorgeous, yet so horribly miserable. Yawn. Honestly I think telenovellas are better written than this junk — at least they don’t try to take themselves seriously.

25. Jocelyn says:

Ryan is the best character on Off the Map so if Ryan dies or leaves I’m not watching anymore, and thats that.

26. Lynn says:

Ryan has so much chemistry with head doctor. I love them together! It won’t be the same without her . . . if they decide to kill her off!