TV Land Renews Hot in Cleveland For Season 3

Get More: News, Renewals

Hot in Cleveland shows no sign of cooling off: TV Land has renewed the sitcom for a 22-episode third season.

Currently in its second season, Cleveland remains the network’s most-watched sitcom with an average 3.2 million viewers.

The show got an extra shot in the arm last month when Betty White not only walked off with a SAG Award for best actress in a comedy series but delivered the funniest acceptance speech of the year.

Thoughts? Are you as enamored with Cleveland as TV Land clearly is?

Comments (9)

• This is a little bit shocking because Hot in Cleveland suffered a significantly decrease in its numbers this season. Last week, it registered a new low and I thought that it would put Hot in Cleveland on the bubble. Even Retired at 35 does better!

Comment by Jorge Pontes – February 28, 2011 01:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Sorry Jorge but Retired drops from Cleveland by almost 50% each week. Check the Cleveland dvr numbers and then repost.

Comment by Marcia – February 28, 2011 01:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wish they would go back to more High School Reunion. It was tired reality, but (if there were enough hard feelings) it had the ability to show some heated exchanges. It rather reminded me of a nighttime soap, like Knot’s Landing or Falcon Crest, that meets Survivor with the challenges. Hot In Cleveland reminds me of rewarmed oatmeal – it just doesn’t work.

Comment by Yikes – February 28, 2011 01:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am happy.Hot in Cleavland is the only Sitcom in production that I watch. It is the only one I like. It is truly the best comedy on televison. As for the ratings dropping keep in mind this seasion it had to go up against the broadcast networks, before it was summer everything was rerun or just garbage.

Comment by NEK5552 – February 28, 2011 01:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t say I’m surprised, although yes the ratings have been dipping, the show is still very, very funny and it’s great to see that 4 women of a certain age, i.e. outside the coveted 18-49 demographic (well Ms Leeves will be in about 2 months), can still make us laugh as they did on their previous sitcoms.

As the saying goes, form is temporary but class is permanent.

Congrats to everyone at Hot In Cleveland and good luck through to 2012-13.

Comment by Scott – February 28, 2011 02:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t understand why anyone would watch this show which is simply a (badly written) clone of the old (and much better) Golden Girls with Betty White playing the part of Sophia. (“picture this: Italy 1912—a young girl…”)

Comment by Terry – March 1, 2011 06:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t understand why anyone would not watch this show which is simply a great clone of the the old (and equally funny) Golden Girls with Betty White playing the part of Sophia. (“picture this: Italy 1912—a young girl…”)

It’s great to have a this traditional 80′s style sitcom on TV…!!

Comment by Not Terry – March 1, 2011 06:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • As much as the writing improved this season, I hope it improves again next season. Good that this kind of show has a home. It’s not my favorite show, but I surely watch each week.

Comment by John Berggren – March 1, 2011 07:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Look at that picture. They look even better than all the publicity shots for “Sex and the City 2″! And, except for Kim Cattrall, they’re all older than the SATC crew.

Comment by Bob – March 1, 2011 10:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post