The TVLine-Up: TV Worth Watching This Week

Between broadcast and cable, there are exactly one kajillion different things to watch this week. So, as a supplement to the awesome feature stories and scoops TVLine has coming your way over the next seven days, here are 22 shows you might want to keep on your radar.

8/7c |
Chuck (NBC) | A mission requires Sarah and Chuck to make like Bonnie and Clyde; Morgan’s roommate search is hit with a twist.
8 pm |
Pretty Little Liars (ABC Family) | “A” is for “arrested,” as one of the pretties gets thrown in the slammer.
9 pm |
The Bachelor (ABC; in progress) | Come for the man-whore, stay for the rest of the whorishly slow reveal of the new Dancing with the Stars cast.
9 pm | The Chicago Code (Fox) | Jarek pursues a bomber who may have ties to the Chicago Liberation Army; a holdup prompts Gibbons to reflect on his idealistic youth.
10 pm | Castle (ABC) | The sure-to-be-intense conclusion of Adrian Pasdar’s “dirty bomb” arc.

8/7c | No Ordinary Family (ABC) | Geekgasm! Lucy “Xena” Lawless and Tricia “Six” Helfer guest-star.
10 pm | White Collar (USA Network) | Neal brandishes a badge and Peter picks pockets as the partners in crime-solving switch roles.
10 pm | Parenthood (NBC) | Will something Eventful happen in Sarah’s love life when ex-beau Jason Ritter resurfaces?
10 pm | Lights Out (FX) | Lights decides he needs to shake up his training routine if he’s ever going to become a Vatican assassin. Wait, what?
10 pm | 20/20 (ABC) | Oh, right, this is what: ABC affords us a chance to hear Charlie Sheen uncensored and without a filter, as he offers his two cents on the Two and a Half Men maelstrom.

I know, I just gave you four things — in addition to The Good Wife — to watch Tuesday at 10. Godspeed. Moving on….

8/7c | The Middle (ABC) | Doris Roberts returns as Ms. Rinsky, when Brick gets a D on a test (test…).
9/8c | Modern Family (ABC) | Phil spends a day at a spa; I’m hoping for at least one “Kelly Clarkson!!!” moment.
10 pm | Justified (FX) | The hunt is on when Rachel’s brother-in-law (Rescue Me‘s Larenz Tate) violently busts his way out of a halfway house.

8/7c | The Office (NBC) | Annnnd… sweeps is over. So your non-Idol choice this Thursday is to subject yourself to a cornucopia of repeats by surfing channels or lock onto NBC for six straight Office encores.

8/7c | Smallville (The CW) | Ask Ausiello’s January 18 asterisk quiz takes human form when clone Alexander is revealed to be Connor Kent aka a rather super boy.
8 pm | The Defenders (CBS) | Kathy Griffin guest-stars as herself an insult comic. Actually, unstrike that.
8 pm | The NAACP Image Awards (Fox) | Silly rabbit, thinking awards season was over.

11:30 pm | Saturday Night Live (NBC) | Miley Cyrus is your host, y’all! So yeah, it’s gonna be, like, pretty… uneven.

9/8c | Undercover Boss (CBS) | Cincinnati mayor Mark Mallory dons dreadlocks and a goatee to become the first elected official to go undercover and see how the other half lives. I am so there.
10 pm | Brothers & Sisters (ABC) | Nora and Sarah visit D.C. to find out what Kitty’s been up to — other than enjoying a really cushy definition of “series regular.”
10 pm | Breakout Kings (A&E) | In this new drama, three felons (Smallville stunner Serinda Swan included) are offered a month off their sentences for each prison escapee they help U.S. marshals catch.
11 pm | After Lately (E!) | Fans of Chelsea Handler should check out this new weekly series offering a behind-the-scenes look at her late-night talker. Meaning: I get to go to bed early.

Which of the above is must-see TV for you? And by all means, hit Comments to politely offer tune-in suggestions of your own!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

1. Sally says:

Must-see TV for me is How I Met Your Mother, a must-see every week :-) I don’t watch any other TV-show other than that (since I gave up on House), at least not on a regularly basis.

• Sally says:

Sorry, typo, there’s a -ly too much in my post LOL

• El says:

Me too! How I Met Your Mother is one of my faves! I do watch other things, but out of all of them, HIMYM is the one I’ve been watching the longest! This season has ROCKED!!! I was a little nervous after last season, as it wasn’t as funny & the story lines weren’t as strong as the previous ones, but it is BACK now! LOVE IT!

• Lex says:

Sally, you are AWESOME :D

2. stacey says:

So Defenders this week will be the first one I miss, I can’t stand Kathy Griffin.

I will be watching Chicago Code, How I Met Your Mother, and I think I’ll check out Breakout Kings, sounds interesting.

3. TP says:

great info,, thanx!! :)

the date of friday – sunday are wrong btw

4. jabz says:

Excited for SMALLVILLE!!!!!!!!!!

5. James says:

Skipped March 04… Sunday is March 06th

6. Brigitte says:

NCIS is worth watching, always is. This week especially seeing as it’s the Michael Weatherly directed episode. :)

7. francisca says:

SERIOUSLY??? And I mean SERIOUSLY??????????????
    NO CRIMINAL MINDS????????? Valhalla (6×17), the 1st part of Emily Prentiss’ clifhanger episodes. SERIOUSLY??? That’s not worth to watch???

8. Bobbi says:

I would SO much rather be seeing Detroit 1-8-7 on Tuesday at 10 on ABC, than Charlie Sheen. Why are all these media outlets spending so much time and money on this addicted, insane man? How is this going to inform, educate entertain or inspire anyone? Detroit 1-8-7 and its fans are getting short shrift from ABC. Then they wonder why the show isn’t performing the way they’d like it to. Tell them to promote it! SHOW it!

Almost exactly the same thing FX did to kill Terriers.

9. Jorlee says:

That would be a must-see for Chuck, as per usual. The only show I even watch on Monday.

10. Renee says:

CHUCK!!! CHUCK!!! CHUCK!!! cnt wait for tonight!!!!! yay!!!!! best show on TV! no JOKE! and lets get a SEASON 5 <—-♥

11. mikequist says:

Justified: Best show that no one’s watching.

Have quit on Hawaii 50 (too stupid), L&O: SVU (too boring), The Office (unfunny), Glee (too stupid) and 30 Rock (too predictable).

Sticking with Big Bang, Community, Good Wife, Late Late Show and Fringe.

Can’t wait for Mad Men and Walking Dead.

12. Lisa says:

Castle/Beckett huddled together in a freezer……nuff said!

13. Valerie says:

There should have been a mention of Michael Weatherly’s directoral debut on NCIS this week. First NCIS cast member to direct an episode of the hit show…

Also, Fringe could use every shout-out it can get…

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

As replied above (and intimated in my intro), I have a great Q&A coming up with Weatherly about his directing debut.

And FRINGE is pre-empted by the NAACP Awards.

14. exit says:

What, no Fringe? Blasphemy.

15. Leo says:

Castle. That’s all.

16. Other Meredith says:

Thursdays usually stress me out, but I think I can handle this week! Actually, now I’m stressed out because there’s no new Vampire Diaries until April 7!!! How did this happen?!?! At least we still have Chuck.

17. Leslie Lu says:

Chuck and Castle! I guess I have no excuse not to work out this Thursday…

18. TVFanatic says:

Castle all the way. Everything else pairs in comparison…

19. Lena says:

PARENTHOOD is so so great lately. And this week with Jason Ritter back. I can´t wait. Loved his character last season so I´m thrilled.

20. M T says:

I’m always hoping for those, does this mean I need to go hang out at the spa? ;)

21. DarkEmy says:

And no Big Bang Theory yet again. People don’t know what’s good television….

22. John Berggren says:

I know Lucy might be better known as Xena, but as Tricia Helfer is also on board – would it not be better to reference this as a mini-BSG reunion?

23. Scott says:

Has to be said I would not be at all surprised if the Charlie Sheen interview on ABC tomorrow night was the most watched show this week.

My highlights this week: Chuck, HIMYM, Castle (part 2) and Justified.

24. Jen says:

This week for me: HIMYM(show has been a million times better last couple months then it was all of last year), Chuck(of course!), PLL(cannot get enough of this show), Greek(HOW could you leave out Greek?? Even my husband loves this show, and I’m soo sad there are only two episodes left of the series!! Will be missed!) and Parenthood.

Big Bang wasn’t included folks because it’s a rerun this week. Most of the shows this week are(except monday) because Idol is on tues-thurs and the other networks don’t want to compete with it, especially since they pick the top 12 this week.

25. abc123 says:

Just to be clear – you ARE recommending The Good Wife, right? ;)

Cause it’s gonna be a good one – the fate of the partners at the firm is finally decided. I hope people chose that over Charlie Sheen’s ongoing verbal diarrhea…

26. SMB says:

I haven’t read all the comments – but what about Firefly on SCI channel Sunday?

27. JScout says:

They’re canceling Detroit 1-8-7 for that Charlie Sheen dreck???? What is wrong with them? Charlie Sheen is a poor excuse for a man and no one, absolutely no one, should be paying any attention to him. What is wrong with you, ABC?