Exclusive

NCIS Exclusive: Ziva's Boyfriend Is Without A Trace Hunk Enrique Murciano!

Tiva ‘shippers, brace for impact: Without a Trace vet Enrique Murciano is joining the cast of NCIS for multiple episodes as the oft-referred-to-but-never-seen new man in Ziva’s (Cote de Pablo) life.

Exec producer Gary Glasberg says the character, CIA agent Ray Cruz, will prove to be a “fun, smart, exciting addition” to the show, adding “We can’t wait to watch Enrique bring him to life and interact with the NCIS team.”

As I reported in last week’s Ask Ausiello, Ray will be introduced in this season’s 20th episode. “I think it’s going to be interesting,” Michael Weatherly, the guy who puts the Tony in Tiva, recently said of Ray’s arrival. “Tony cares about Ziva and wants to make sure she’s not mixed up with the wrong kind of guy, so he’s going to be watchful and protective of her.”

That is if he’s not too busy generating sparks with the new girl in his life — agent Erica Jane “EJ”  Barrett, played by Brothers & Sisters‘ Sarah Jane Morris. For more on that, check out Matt Mitovich’s complete Q&A with Weatherly on Tuesday.

Thoughts? Does Murciano’s casting have you questioning your allegiance to Tiva? Hit the comments!

1. emeli says:

Yo creo (y espero) que ella haya trabajado encubierta con Ray para desemascarar a la asesina en serie EJ y que sea esta rubia la que muera junto con Vance. Y sí después, llega lo que esperamos una buena dosis de romance entre tony y ziva !!

2. Bob says:

TIVA has always been my most hated pairing on the show, so I honestly really hope that this Ray guy works out for her, I think she deserves to be happy, especially after what happened with Rivkin and then Somalia, and I honestly don’t think that she and Tony have the chemistry to actually be happy with each other. Sure they flirt, but this is Tony, if it’s in a skirt, he’ll flirt with it (and I’m not bashing Tony, he’s my absolute favorite character on the show), so I don’t take Tiva flirting seriously. Most of the time, I see their relationship as unrequited love. Ziva obviously has a thing for Tony, but I don’t see Tony fully sharing her feelings. A lot of his reactions to previous–and current–boyfriends could be construed as an older brother, or just a close friend, worried about her dating choices. I don’t see it as jealousy, despite, as a previous commentor pointed out, Ziva always pointing out how he’s jealous when she gets a man in her life.

Now I fully admit that Ziva is probably my least favorite character on the show, and I still don’t fully trust her after the Rivkin debacle (too many things have prevented that), but I do want her to be happy with a good guy, who isn’t Tony. Hey, maybe if she gets some consistency in her life, she’ll give up on Tony and I can start to like her again.

3. Erin says:

While snowed in at home in January, I happened upon an NCIS marathon, compliments of the USA network. I’ve been hooked ever since. I admit to being a TIVA shipper. I’m still shocked that I admit this and even more shocked that I openly refer to them as “Tiva.”
    That said, I think TIVA should happen toward the end of the final season. At that point, what do the writers have to lose? Also, if these episodes could include a few flashbacks (namely to “Under Covers” and “Jet Lag”) to fill in the blanks over the last 6 seasons.

4. jan says:

GOOD FOR ZIVA SHE DESERVES SOMEONE WHO CARES ABOUT HER——————

5. Anja says:

Never. I will never give up hope for Tiva to happen. I tried but it didn´t work. :D

6. Bobbie says:

I am so excited about “Ray” Enrique Murciano ! I loved him in Without A Trace! He is funny and not in an annoying way like Michael Weatherly who climbs under ET desk. I do not really like the EJ character.No connection I do not think climbing in the shower with someone you have hardly known. I am sure there is a story there.
    But I do like Sarah Jane Morris she is a true GRITS (for the people who do not know what that is~ Girl Raised In The South. She is from Tennessee.I am from Atlanta,Georgia.Maybe they will tone her down a bit.They do say that Ziva and Ray will have a romantic sort of moment,and Tony and him will have a confrontation in the bathroom . Ziva and Ray will have a blow up when he shares a secret with her and it has to do with the PTP killer case. Is it that he slept with EJ?It described it as he made a mistake.HMMM? Will they get rid of Vance and offer the directors position to Gibbs and he turns it down and they offer to EJ or Maybe Tony? I guess we will have to wait and see.If Ziva resigns her contract I can see a hot romance with Ziva and Ray something even so much better that Tiva. Watch out Tony! So excited!Hope Enrique signs onto NCIS!

7. G says:

I got hooked on the show a year ago because someone showed me an “NCIS Funny Scene” clip with Ziva and Tony. Seriously, their banter and Abby’s cheery goth persona are what lightens the show. The shows chemistry would be ruined if Tony and Ziva were to date now, but it’s destined to happen. It has to! Hopefully in the last season. They’re both lonely damaged people who need each other. EJ is a good distraction for Tony, he needs to get some. Heck, same for Ziva with CIRay. I think that EJ’s personality would go nicely with Gibbs in a relationship if they weren’t competing over the case. Even though Gibbs is considerably older than her…

8. Jackie says:

UUUhhhhh gawd. Ej as director? The whole team would have to be reassigned for their mental health.

9. kaysto says:

Just one word TIVA!

10. DiNozzo Lover says:

NCIS is the bet show in the world! Without it, i dont know what id do. Cote de Pablo, and Michael Weatherly are my idols. Mark Harmon i like for his pranks!!

11. DiNozzo Lover says:

TOTALLY!!!!!!!!! That is if Ziva doesnt kill her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. Julianne says:

The i – Phone 5 is running off the latest operating system i – OS 5 by Apple, and coming up with some
    good features. google_ad_height = 250;. There are different brands for every part of
    the eye.