Exclusive

House Scoop: Ex-Terrier Donal Logue Checks In

I believe Gregory House is about to meet his match.

Sources confirm to me exclusively that the most excellent Donal Logue — last seen headlining FX’s late, great Terriers — has snagged a very juicy guest role on House.

Exclusive First Look: House‘s Biggest, Boldest Episode Ever!

Logue will play the P.O.T.W. in this season’s 20th episode, which is slated to air in early May.

Bonus scoop: I hear the episode will also mark the return of Candice Bergen as Cuddy’s cantankerous mama, Arlene!

Are you psyched Logue will be gracing our TV screens again? Got any theories as to what brings Bergen’s Mommie Dearest back? Hit the comments!

1. dot dot dot says:

H/C are getting married, hence Cuddy’s moma returning.

2. Mary says:

It’s CanDIce Bergen.

3. Liz says:

Donal Logue is cool. BUT: I’ve got enough of Cuddy, not even Candace Bergen playing her mom helps. Sorry. Let me guess, she comes for the *pukes* Huddy wedding. YUCK.

• hughsgirl says:

Me too! I can’t stand Cuddy anymore. She is a total witch

• jen101 says:

I feel the same way about cuddy. she acts like she doesnt do anything wrong she acts like diva too and a small witch. of course house makes big and small mistakes all time even going back to his drugs “hes not perfect.” he good friend to wilson, he great doctor plus he could make good boyfriend or husband in furture just give guy a break. he is in love with u still…..

4. bruna says:

CANDICEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! *_*

5. MiMi says:

Enough, enough, ENOUGH with Cuddy already, for God’s sake! She’s not even a bit interesting.

6. CTB says:

i’m thrilled to see Arlene back! Let’s just hope that her return means a happy event, and not a sad one.

7. Spoilerchicka says:

Bless you, Mike Aussiello. We need your insider news tips on House in this fascinating season!
    As long as Candice Bergen’s return is for Huddy reasons, I’m a happy chick. But if its for deathbed reasons, I will soooo hunt down the House producers and poke their eyes out! First thing I wondered is if Donal Logue might be a patient and possible once was Cuddy’s first spouse. We gotta get a look at what Cuddy married the first time around. Any news on what Momma Cuddy’s May storyline or episode title is?

• hughsgirl says:

Oh,what a great idea! A deathbed scene! The writers could just kill her off and not have to worry about them divorcing or splitting up. She would be GONE!

8. hera says:

WTF…Again a Cuddy/Huddy storyline? Oh damn…

9. Marcia says:

Yay for Candice coming back. Best addition to the show in ages. I loved her scenes with Cuddy in Family Practice. When I read the somebody was coming back in may i thought about Cameron and I was about to puke.
    And when is the gorgeous 13 coming back? I really miss her.

10. Gina says:

Donal Logue, wow! I’m definitely tuning in for this one. Also, I had hoped we’d see Candice Bergen in at least another episode this season. I wonder what brings her back? Maybe it’s related to that spoiler of two characters getting married? But if it’s not House and Cuddy, why would she care?

11. Karen says:

ARLENE MUST BE COMING BACK FOR THE HUDDY WEDDING OMFG

12. Riley says:

dude!
    holy matrimony in the making!
    ME WANT!
    this show and this season rocks!

13. Joe B. says:

Logue is one great show away from being a HUGE TV star.

Terriers, however, wasn’t that show.

It will eventually happen.

• Alexa says:

If only that show (which was great!!) had been Life – loved that show, loved him in it, glad to see Sarah Shahi has gotten her starring role. What about Damian Lewis in House??

14. Suds says:

YUS! More cuddy!

15. Kelly says:

Wow. Can this season of House get any better? I am thrilled that CB will be back & can’t wait to see what it means for Huddy!

16. Mariel says:

Moar Cuddy, moar!

17. Pat says:

Oh boy more Huddy garbage-Way to kill a once great show.

18. Allison N says:

Ahhh that sounds amazing! Cannot wait!

19. Carol says:

I am excited for Donal Logue’s appearance, he is first rate.

And what can I say about the return of the powerhouse Candice Bergen. This is my dream come true. This season of “House” just keeps vaulting from one high point to the next extraordinary one. I am thrilled with this development even though I have no idea what it may mean plot-wise. Oh, who cares? It’s Candice Bergen!

20. Toby La Rone says:

I don’t care who or why guests are coming to the show as long as we get MORE WILSON!!!

Saying that though if the only story they can think up for Wilson is him getting married again then forget it and let RSL go to Broadway already.

21. Kim in California says:

I assume since Episode 19 is supposed to be about the night before House/Cuddy wedding, then episode 20 must be the wedding. Believe me, if that’s the case then bring on Dancing with the Stars. I have been a diehard House fan (heavy duty), but this is no longer the character I’ve loved. And this relationship is not only boring, but even the characters look unhappy all the time.

Sadly, I think Murphy Brown (the character) would have been an awesome hookup for House. I do like Arlene, but I’d prefer to have the show concentrate on the medical drama.

• hughsgirl says:

I am a diehard fan also. Never missed a show and own all the seasons dvd’s but this whipped House is not our House. I won’t buy this season, unless they break up.

22. FFN says:

I love how we’ve had 53487 episodes dedicated to Cuddy and her family, but we haven’t seen Wilson’s brother yet, and we were supposed to see him in season 5! It’s ridiculous, I’m so sick of every episode being dominated by House/Cuddy this, House/Cuddy that. They’re not even interesting!

• erin bowers says:

Who cares about the Wilson brother? Is he related to House somehow?

Isn’t he a Schizophrentic in a mental hospital. WHO CARES

What can this brother contribute unless House can cure schizophrenia.”Doubt It”

• FFN says:

People who care about Wilson care about Wilson’s brother. We’ve already seen Cuddy’s family, we don’t need to see a bunch of episodes about them!
        I wouldn’t expect you to understand what I’m saying though, since you’re the same person (moron) who thinks Wilson is a horrible friend to House and that he’s not important to House at all

• erin bowers says:

Wrong

It’s Just that I don’ t get all the Wilson love. He has in many cases treated House badly and House just takes it. When Cuddy does anything that deemed bad to House she is damned to hell forever because she doesn’t REALLY LIKE House.

• FFN says:

House has treated Wilson badly too, and Wilson “just takes it”. Quit acting like Wilson is some terrible person and House is an angel. House wasn’t exactly nice to Wilson during the Tritter arc:

He forged Wilson’s name for scrips (yet Wilson lied to Tritter for House saying HE wrote them, just to keep House’s ass out of jail. And House didn’t act very grateful that Wilson did that for him), he stole Wilson’s dead patients meds and almost killed their patient

23. Amanda says:

I don’t care why Candice Bergen is back for. I absolutely loved to hate her character and can’t wait to see her back. She was a great addition to the show.

And Logue is really good. I wonder what kind of POTW will he play? Looking forward to it.

24. maz158 says:

WTF !! it’s cuddy MD now !
    seriously that sucks !

25. Oli says:

House and Cuddy getting married????
    worst idea ever
    where is this show that I used to love?

26. Bella says:

I love Donal Logue. He’s been great in every series he’s been in and every character has been different. I am excited to see him in a scene with House, because he can definitely hold his own. I hope he gets a new series soon.

27. Foresha says:

The thought of seeing Donal Logue go toe-to-toe with Hugh Laurie has totally made my week. Can’t wait until May! And ITA with the commenter who said Logue is just one great role away from finally being a big star. Kinda wish that role had been Hank in Terriers, though.

28. Jane2 says:

Thanks for the scoop. That’s great news!!! I’m so happy to see Candice Bergen back.

29. alt says:

Maybe he is Cuddy’s secret spouse from the previous blind box item.

30. LA says:

Donal Logue is one of the few actors who could get me to tune into that mess called House. Even the great Hugh Laurie didn’t keep me coming back.

31. Sabrina says:

Great news! She was a brill addition to the show.

32. Tania says:

I do not believe that House and Cuddy are getting married.

33. Jill says:

Great that Donal Logue will be a patient, but will House even see him? All House cares about these days is Cuddy and her family problems.

If it’s the wedding, I’ll get Logue’s scenes from the internet. I am beyond bored with the Huddy relationship.

• Me says:

Psh, House paying attention to treating a patient instead of servicing Cuddy’s every whim? What show are you watching, the House of seasons 1-6?

But seriously. I agree with you, I’m so sick of all of this House/Cuddy romance drama. I’m sick of having numerous episodes dedicated to “Huddy” and every member of Cuddy’s family

34. Jeff says:

She’s probably sleeping with Donal’s character, not coming to visit her darling daughter and dr. crankypants at all.

35. Alyson says:

Wow, I absolutely love Logue! And Candice Bergen was fantastic in ep 11, I can’t wait to see her back.

36. Sandy says:

Knowing House, if there is a wedding, he’ll leave in the middle to go solve the case of the week, leaving Cuddy stranded at the altar…maybe she’ll get a clue and dump House…then House can move back in with Wilson and they can comfort each other. Bros before Hoes.

37. mooonbaby says:

Okay, all this about Cuddy, and noone says anything about Terriers not coming back?

38. ebowers says:

I’ve got it Donal’s character is Wilson’s “BoyFriend” He is coming out of the closet all the way. He was sick of waiting for House and hooked up with the Donal character and have been hot and heavy since Sam left.
    He met him at the pet store buying food for the diabetic cat and it was love at first sight. The wedding planned for the last episode is for Wilson and Donal character.

Their registered at MACY’S

39. tahina says:

Great news!! Season 7 has been to me one of the best. Huddy wedding?? :)

40. Anthony says:

Why doesn’t The Cuddy Show have a one hour variety special to sing and dance instead of making loyal viewers of the former medical show House either waste their time, or skip a week? This week’s episode was actually decent with an interesting potw. Cuddy is the most boring character EVER, and the 5 to 9 show a House low, so why so many Cuddy centered episodes? Does the Cuddy actress have dirt on the producers and is she blackmailing them for more airtime? Enough already. Lets get back to the HOUSE character and the HOUSE show and kill Cuddy off or give her a spinoff. Either would be fine. I wish they had given Candace Bergan a better role than playing Cuddy’s mother because she and House are interesting together.

41. Karen says:

wonder why arlene is back for a wedding or something who cares right CFB is backn

42. greta says:

i suppose cuddy’s mum get married !! that ‘s good episode ever

43. erika says:

now we know cuddy’s mother is suing the hospital.