Blind Item: Hit Show May Give Diva the Boot

Gadzooks, I can’t tell you how much it pains me to have to write this Blind Item. But hey, at least it is a Blind Item, so unless you’re feeling especially insightful today, you’ll be spared the angst of knowing whom it’s about.

The reason this story so bothers me is that it pertains to both a show and a performer that I really like. The show is relatively new, but a hit; the performer, also new and also a hit. Unfortunately, I’m now hearing from multiple sources that the actor/actress in question has become the kind of diva that alienates fellow cast members and the crew… to the point that a pink slip is being considered.

Now, to be clear, let me reiterate that firing is only being considered. Because, as big a pain as the brat in question has become, he/she has also become a big star. So a whole lot of discussion will go into the matter before the axe is swung — if it’s swung.

Will it be? I wish I knew. I’ll tell you when I find out. But in the meantime, be glad you’re in the dark. And, if you’re in a masochistic mood, go ahead and guess below the identity of the ingrate. And to avoid some innocent folks getting caught in the crossfire, I’m going to go ahead and rule out all of these people. And here’s one more hint: This person’s first name does not start with “L.”

1. megan says:

Rule out Glee, people.

What other shows does Michael like?

2. Sarah says:

It’s not Lea Michele. As per Michael’s hint:

And here’s one more hint: This person’s first name does not start with “L.”

3. Tyler says:

NOBODY WAS READING THE ENTIRE POST!
    “This person’s first name does not start with ‘L.'”
    So, it can’t be Lea Michelle.

4. mawhi says:

CALM DOWN.

the clue about “L” was added after this was initially posted. stay nice, internet!

5. Alex says:

I wanna say Taylor Momsen from Gossip Girl, but I can’t really see Ausiello loving her or that show haha.

• Aeryn says:

Um, how on earth could it be her? She’s not even on the show right now. She’s busy with her music. Give the girl a break.

• Megalion says:

That’s what I was thinking…

keyword “performer” really speaks to someone who is more than an actor. That or perhaps “performs” on stage in theater as well.

But does Mike “love” Gossip Girl?

Its gotta be a sophmore show (“relatively new”), but having trouble thinking who else is on a sophmore show that was an unknown before and is a star now and either is a musician or previous stage actor?

• JJ says:

Right, that’s the only reason TM doesn’t fit

6. kelly says:

It sounds like Rachel from glee although Lea Michelle always seemed decent. If it is her they need to replace her not just promote one of the others. I like Rachel a little but the bull with Blaine turned me off her. Not because he was gay and she did that but because her friend liked him

7. Lexi says:

Could it be Vanessa Williams on DH?

8. Michael says:

Charlie Sheen… what? too late?

9. Shea says:

People need to stop saying Lea Michele. Ausiello posted that the person’s name DOES NOT START WITH AN L. So, it’s obviously not him. I think it may possibly be Dianna Agron. She’s getting really popular with her work in “I Am Number 4″, and her other upcoming movies. So, I think it’s her, or possibly a cast member from “Pretty Little Liars”.

10. LilAngel says:

Lucy Hale from Pretty Little liars?

11. Ingmar says:

Read the clues already! The first name doesn’t start with a L so it isn’t Lea Michelle from Glee.

I cant get someone in mind realy….maybe someone from Nikita? But thats not a hit show..but fairly new.

Someone from The Good Wife maybe?

• Kirsty Smith says:

At first I thought Nikita but can’t see it, on Twitter they’re all dead sweet to each other and stuff. Don’t watch Glee so can’t comment. However, Nikita when compared to other CW shows does okay, it’s not a hit yet but does pretty well for the network it’s on.

12. Emma Oneill says:

OMG to all you people going “read the post”, When I first clicked this article it didn’t have the last line about not being an L name so get the hell down off your bloody high horse! Jeeze!

13. Stephanie says:

SOFIA VERGARA :(

14. Karl says:

Will someone please do me the favor of reading the thing where it says “This person’s first name does not start with “L.””? It’s not gonna Lea. Almost surely someone from Glee though… pleasebeFinnpleasebeFinnpleasebeFinnpleasebeFinnpleasebeFinnpleasebeFinnpleasebeFinnpleasebeFinnpleasebeFinnpleasebeFinnpleasebeFinn

15. Kelly says:

Ok so not Rachel damn them editing and adding hints after It was posted via twitter!!

16. Jey says:

Ummm… I guess someone whose name doesn’t start with “L”… Maybe!

17. Charlee says:

Please not Darren Criss. That is my only concern. (Until I find out who it actually is I guess)

18. Darren says:

Learn how to read people!! The article states the person’s first name does not start with “L”. Idiots.

19. steve says:

id say someone from glee but i dont no who. People do you not read the story michael has said the name doesnt begin with L. My guess would be he new people were going to say lea so he added that clue.

20. D. Walls says:

Clearly it’s not Lea and you guys can’t read because it clearly states This person’s first name does not start with “L.” so Lea Michelle can’t be the person.

21. Tucker says:

Love how snotty a lot of people are given that the article didn’t originally have the clue about the name not starting with ‘L’. That was added after people began commenting. I know a lot of people don’t read through everything but you think it would be some sort of clue to the rest of you with as many people guessing Lea.

22. ggny says:

considering there has been no new shows this season that have been hits im guessing its a show from last year…And since its not Lea Michele this one is gonna be a hard one

23. Emma Oneill says:

And this line was added about 5 minutes AFTER the article was posted! Moron…

24. Kelly says:

My first thought was someone from 90210….AnnaLynn McCord?

25. Joann says:

I love how Micheal put at the end of the article that the persons name doesn’t begin with an L, because he knew everyone was going to guess Lea Michele, lol. I guess he didn’t realize that most of the people wouldn’t bother finishing the article, because they would be in such a hurry to claim it’s Lea! And it’s not Chris Colfer!

26. Christian says:

What part of “First name does NOT begin with an L” don’t you understand?

27. Lucie says:

I would have bet on Lea Michele too but PEOPLE!!!!! It says the first name does NOT start with L…
    I think Michael knew everyone would think of her, hence the hint, hence… it’s definitely Glee!

28. H. says:

Someone not in Glee…
    …doesn’t seem likely. :p

29. Fribster says:

There’s also the little problem that Lea Michelle’s first name starts with L. Reading is fundamental.

30. karlos_popper says:

probably someone from Pretty Little Liars

31. Lamer says:

shut up, idiots. Michael edited the post, so not everyone saw the “L” thing.

Hey Michael, at least have the decency to say you edited the post w that after you saw everyone guessing Lea Michele.

32. RowellE says:

Guys you need to calm down. The last line “This person’s first name does not start with “L.”” was added after he had already posted the article. That hint wasn’t there when I was reading the article.

He saw everyone posting Lea, which is no surprise because she’s known to be a diva bitch, and he posted the hint.

Be mad that they didn’t read the part that the show is relatively new and not because they didn’t read the “L” part.

• Kim says:

she is wrongly known as a diva bitch. the cast likes her, her old cast mate like her, tons of people who have met her disagree. She had a few things that have been exaggerated or down right lies. I mean really when the unknown souse says ” she has her moments but is sweet” yea tha tis horrible isn’t it. Lea suffers from being a confident, over zealous, go getter and a woman. Enough said.

33. Davi says:

I would guess Lea Michelle except for the great big, “This person’s first name does not start with ‘L,'” that is in the article. Obviously Lea starts with “L.”

The hard thing about this is that there are so many shows now that what is a “hit” on one network would be a flop on another. The Vampire Diaries or Hellcats or the like are new shows and good performers for the CW, but wouldn’t be considered hits compared to regular CBS.

It could just as easily be one of those actors/actresses as compared to a person on a mega hit like Glee.

34. billy says:

Um, are you all dumb? First name does NOT start with an L

35. Angie says:

Taylor Momsen from Gossip Girl

36. JmanPHX says:

I don’t think it’s Chris Colfer. He’s friends with members of the cast off the set and has tweeted so. However, he did just win the Golden Globe and maybe that’s changed him.

It could also give a bit of back story as to why his character transfered to Dalton Academy. If he truly was causing an alienation from other cast members, this could have been a move to separate them until he calmed down… and if that hasn’t worked, perhaps the pink slip is now being discussed. You never know.

• Joann says:

I love how you started out saying it’s not Chris Colfer and then proceeded to explain why you think it is, lol. It’s not Chris.

• JmanPHX says:

Yeah, I kinda did, didn’t I. LOL But I agree… I don’t think it’s Chris either. Especially after the other posts below reminded me he went to Dalton before the Globes. :)

This may actually have nothing to do with Glee… the “Diva” description could just be people acting like a diva… like the Snickers commercials… not actual singing divas. :)

• Jean says:

He transferred to Dalton Academy before he won the Golden Globe, so…Plus many of the actors are on record as wanting Chris to return to New Directions because they miss him on set.

37. Pedro says:

it’s NOT Lea Michele!
    Can’t you guys read?
    “This person’s first name does not start with “L.””
    It’s a person Ausiello likes, from a relatively new show that’s also a hit. I guess 2nd season, maybe?
    I can think of Glee and The Good Wife…
    But I believe it’s someone from Glee, though I don’t know whom that person might be.

38. Whitney says:

I’m so glad it’s NOT Lea Michele. That would suck!!

39. pandpgirl says:

I’m thinking Puck… He has a solo contract etc. I also heard he wasn’t very involved during the birthday celebrations for the girl who plays Santana…

40. Zina says:

Poor Lea!!! I hope she doesn’t read this!! At least the confirms what actress actress she is for everyone to assume she behaves like her character Rachel!

41. Alex says:

Charlie Sheen

42. AJ says:

Matt Morrison.

43. Jessi says:

Ok, Though it is totally ridiculous that whoever this is, is being a diva. My question is it really enough to get someone fired from a job? I have worked with quite a few people that I didn’t get along with, but you suck it up and you deal with it because that’s life. I can’t imagine one could get fired so easily because they don’t hang out with co-workers.

44. Lauren says:

I really hope it’s not one of the girl’s from Pretty Little Liars!

45. eliott256 says:

Glee is 2 and a half years old, does that really count as relatively new?

46. Jennie says:

I’m going to go with Chris Colfer on this one.

47. Jennifer says:

Any other guess that are NOT Glee? What about the part that says “he/she has also become a big star.”…..I don’t think ANY of the guesses made so far qualify.

• catbean says:

I agree. It used to be that every guess on every blind item was someone from Grey’s Anatomy. Now it’s Glee. There are other ‘fairly new’ shows out there. Or does everyone that reads this website only watch Glee?

48. Erin says:

Sofia Vergara, Modern Family

As much as it breaks my heart. Although there’s no way they would let her go…

49. kiara says:

The first name that came to my mind was Sofia Vergara. I hope I’m wrong.

50. hm says:

Darren Criss
    Glee is “relatively new” and Darren is one of the newest members and a “big star” outselling a number of the other Glee tracks. His comments in interviews of others in the cast come off as blatant disregard and he is never mentioned on twitter with any of the main cast.

• Emma says:

Hes supposed to be a total sweetheart though. I can’t imagine it being him. Plus he seemed friendly enough with them all at the Grammys.

• Hannah says:

He doesn’t really hang out with most of the cast because he’s with the Warblers, but Lea Michele has tweeted congrats to him about one of his performances. And he and Chris Colfer have gone back and forth as well.