Blind Item: Hit Show May Give Diva the Boot

Get More: Blind Item, News, Scoop

Gadzooks, I can’t tell you how much it pains me to have to write this Blind Item. But hey, at least it is a Blind Item, so unless you’re feeling especially insightful today, you’ll be spared the angst of knowing whom it’s about.

The reason this story so bothers me is that it pertains to both a show and a performer that I really like. The show is relatively new, but a hit; the performer, also new and also a hit. Unfortunately, I’m now hearing from multiple sources that the actor/actress in question has become the kind of diva that alienates fellow cast members and the crew… to the point that a pink slip is being considered.

Now, to be clear, let me reiterate that firing is only being considered. Because, as big a pain as the brat in question has become, he/she has also become a big star. So a whole lot of discussion will go into the matter before the axe is swung — if it’s swung.

Will it be? I wish I knew. I’ll tell you when I find out. But in the meantime, be glad you’re in the dark. And, if you’re in a masochistic mood, go ahead and guess below the identity of the ingrate. And to avoid some innocent folks getting caught in the crossfire, I’m going to go ahead and rule out all of these people. And here’s one more hint: This person’s first name does not start with “L.”

Comments (1,118)

• Rule out Glee, people.

What other shows does Michael like?

Comment by megan – February 25, 2011 11:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s not Lea Michele. As per Michael’s hint:

And here’s one more hint: This person’s first name does not start with “L.”

Comment by Sarah – February 25, 2011 11:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NOBODY WAS READING THE ENTIRE POST!
    “This person’s first name does not start with ‘L.’”
    So, it can’t be Lea Michelle.

Comment by Tyler – February 25, 2011 11:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • it was added after the inital post.

Comment by Chris – February 25, 2011 11:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • do you think it was deliberate, to bring out the Lea accusations when the actual item is much less famous?

Comment by JJ – May 23, 2011 06:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • CALM DOWN.

the clue about “L” was added after this was initially posted. stay nice, internet!

Comment by mawhi – February 25, 2011 11:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wanna say Taylor Momsen from Gossip Girl, but I can’t really see Ausiello loving her or that show haha.

Comment by Alex – February 25, 2011 11:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Um, how on earth could it be her? She’s not even on the show right now. She’s busy with her music. Give the girl a break.

Comment by Aeryn – February 25, 2011 11:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • well officially, she was still tied to the show, she was let go at the end of this season.

Comment by JJ – May 23, 2011 06:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That’s what I was thinking…

keyword “performer” really speaks to someone who is more than an actor. That or perhaps “performs” on stage in theater as well.

But does Mike “love” Gossip Girl?

Its gotta be a sophmore show (“relatively new”), but having trouble thinking who else is on a sophmore show that was an unknown before and is a star now and either is a musician or previous stage actor?

Comment by Megalion – February 25, 2011 12:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Right, that’s the only reason TM doesn’t fit

Comment by JJ – May 23, 2011 06:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Or maybe the other chick, JS?

Comment by JJ – May 23, 2011 06:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It sounds like Rachel from glee although Lea Michelle always seemed decent. If it is her they need to replace her not just promote one of the others. I like Rachel a little but the bull with Blaine turned me off her. Not because he was gay and she did that but because her friend liked him

Comment by kelly – February 25, 2011 11:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • HER NAME STARTS WITH AN L. AUSIELLO SAID THE PERSON’S NAME DOESN’T START WITH L. PEOPLE NEED TO STOP CALLING HER OUT

Comment by Shea – February 25, 2011 11:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Could it be Vanessa Williams on DH?

Comment by Lexi – February 25, 2011 11:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes, Desperate Housewives, which is in it’s 7th season is relatively new >_>

Comment by eliott256 – February 25, 2011 11:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Not to mention she’s been performing for 20+ years so can’t really be considered ‘new’.

Comment by Chris – February 25, 2011 01:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Charlie Sheen… what? too late?

Comment by Michael – February 25, 2011 11:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That was my first thought: a retro Blind Item post, ca. 2004.

Comment by Marc – February 25, 2011 12:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • People need to stop saying Lea Michele. Ausiello posted that the person’s name DOES NOT START WITH AN L. So, it’s obviously not him. I think it may possibly be Dianna Agron. She’s getting really popular with her work in “I Am Number 4″, and her other upcoming movies. So, I think it’s her, or possibly a cast member from “Pretty Little Liars”.

Comment by Shea – February 25, 2011 11:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lucy Hale from Pretty Little liars?

Comment by LilAngel – February 25, 2011 11:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Read the clues already! The first name doesn’t start with a L so it isn’t Lea Michelle from Glee.

I cant get someone in mind realy….maybe someone from Nikita? But thats not a hit show..but fairly new.

Someone from The Good Wife maybe?

Comment by Ingmar – February 25, 2011 11:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • At first I thought Nikita but can’t see it, on Twitter they’re all dead sweet to each other and stuff. Don’t watch Glee so can’t comment. However, Nikita when compared to other CW shows does okay, it’s not a hit yet but does pretty well for the network it’s on.

Comment by Kirsty Smith – February 25, 2011 11:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG to all you people going “read the post”, When I first clicked this article it didn’t have the last line about not being an L name so get the hell down off your bloody high horse! Jeeze!

Comment by Emma Oneill – February 25, 2011 11:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • SOFIA VERGARA :(

Comment by Stephanie – February 25, 2011 11:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Don’t think so – she seems way too sweet with lots of the cast – but what about Julie Bowen? I don’t know her personally but from what I’ve seen she kinda fits the diva type.

Comment by Maja – February 25, 2011 11:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • But Julie is not a new performer. She’s been on TV for a long time.

Comment by Angie – February 25, 2011 11:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • does anyone else on that show fit?

Comment by JJ – May 23, 2011 06:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Will someone please do me the favor of reading the thing where it says “This person’s first name does not start with “L.””? It’s not gonna Lea. Almost surely someone from Glee though… pleasebeFinnpleasebeFinnpleasebeFinnpleasebeFinnpleasebeFinnpleasebeFinnpleasebeFinnpleasebeFinnpleasebeFinnpleasebeFinnpleasebeFinn

Comment by Karl – February 25, 2011 11:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ok so not Rachel damn them editing and adding hints after It was posted via twitter!!

Comment by Kelly – February 25, 2011 11:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ummm… I guess someone whose name doesn’t start with “L”… Maybe!

Comment by Jey – February 25, 2011 11:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please not Darren Criss. That is my only concern. (Until I find out who it actually is I guess)

Comment by Charlee – February 25, 2011 11:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Same here! He fits the description perfectly but I just can’t imagine him being a diva.

Comment by Lauren – May 3, 2011 06:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Learn how to read people!! The article states the person’s first name does not start with “L”. Idiots.

Comment by Darren – February 25, 2011 11:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • id say someone from glee but i dont no who. People do you not read the story michael has said the name doesnt begin with L. My guess would be he new people were going to say lea so he added that clue.

Comment by steve – February 25, 2011 11:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Clearly it’s not Lea and you guys can’t read because it clearly states This person’s first name does not start with “L.” so Lea Michelle can’t be the person.

Comment by D. Walls – February 25, 2011 11:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love how snotty a lot of people are given that the article didn’t originally have the clue about the name not starting with ‘L’. That was added after people began commenting. I know a lot of people don’t read through everything but you think it would be some sort of clue to the rest of you with as many people guessing Lea.

Comment by Tucker – February 25, 2011 11:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This!

Comment by Emma – February 25, 2011 11:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah, but people guesses Lea even after he changed the post. And those people deserve to be called out or there stupidness

Comment by J – February 26, 2011 05:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • considering there has been no new shows this season that have been hits im guessing its a show from last year…And since its not Lea Michele this one is gonna be a hard one

Comment by ggny – February 25, 2011 11:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • And this line was added about 5 minutes AFTER the article was posted! Moron…

Comment by Emma Oneill – February 25, 2011 11:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My first thought was someone from 90210….AnnaLynn McCord?

Comment by Kelly – February 25, 2011 11:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That would depend on your opinion of 90210 as a hit show, which is not the consensus of the rest of America.

Comment by Chris – February 25, 2011 01:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love how Micheal put at the end of the article that the persons name doesn’t begin with an L, because he knew everyone was going to guess Lea Michele, lol. I guess he didn’t realize that most of the people wouldn’t bother finishing the article, because they would be in such a hurry to claim it’s Lea! And it’s not Chris Colfer!

Comment by Joann – February 25, 2011 11:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You’re wrong actually. He added that after some people had already started guessing!

Comment by Stephanie – February 25, 2011 11:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • You are right. Sorry! Get out the wet noodle!

Comment by Joann – February 25, 2011 11:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What part of “First name does NOT begin with an L” don’t you understand?

Comment by Christian – February 25, 2011 11:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would have bet on Lea Michele too but PEOPLE!!!!! It says the first name does NOT start with L…
    I think Michael knew everyone would think of her, hence the hint, hence… it’s definitely Glee!

Comment by Lucie – February 25, 2011 11:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Someone not in Glee…
    …doesn’t seem likely. :p

Comment by H. – February 25, 2011 11:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • There’s also the little problem that Lea Michelle’s first name starts with L. Reading is fundamental.

Comment by Fribster – February 25, 2011 11:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • probably someone from Pretty Little Liars

Comment by karlos_popper – February 25, 2011 11:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • doesn’t qualify as a hit show, does it?

Comment by JJ – May 23, 2011 06:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • shut up, idiots. Michael edited the post, so not everyone saw the “L” thing.

Hey Michael, at least have the decency to say you edited the post w that after you saw everyone guessing Lea Michele.

Comment by Lamer – February 25, 2011 11:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Guys you need to calm down. The last line “This person’s first name does not start with “L.”” was added after he had already posted the article. That hint wasn’t there when I was reading the article.

He saw everyone posting Lea, which is no surprise because she’s known to be a diva bitch, and he posted the hint.

Be mad that they didn’t read the part that the show is relatively new and not because they didn’t read the “L” part.

Comment by RowellE – February 25, 2011 11:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • she is wrongly known as a diva bitch. the cast likes her, her old cast mate like her, tons of people who have met her disagree. She had a few things that have been exaggerated or down right lies. I mean really when the unknown souse says ” she has her moments but is sweet” yea tha tis horrible isn’t it. Lea suffers from being a confident, over zealous, go getter and a woman. Enough said.

Comment by Kim – February 26, 2011 11:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would guess Lea Michelle except for the great big, “This person’s first name does not start with ‘L,’” that is in the article. Obviously Lea starts with “L.”

The hard thing about this is that there are so many shows now that what is a “hit” on one network would be a flop on another. The Vampire Diaries or Hellcats or the like are new shows and good performers for the CW, but wouldn’t be considered hits compared to regular CBS.

It could just as easily be one of those actors/actresses as compared to a person on a mega hit like Glee.

Comment by Davi – February 25, 2011 11:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Um, are you all dumb? First name does NOT start with an L

Comment by billy – February 25, 2011 11:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Taylor Momsen from Gossip Girl

Comment by Angie – February 25, 2011 11:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t think it’s Chris Colfer. He’s friends with members of the cast off the set and has tweeted so. However, he did just win the Golden Globe and maybe that’s changed him.

It could also give a bit of back story as to why his character transfered to Dalton Academy. If he truly was causing an alienation from other cast members, this could have been a move to separate them until he calmed down… and if that hasn’t worked, perhaps the pink slip is now being discussed. You never know.

Comment by JmanPHX – February 25, 2011 11:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I love how you started out saying it’s not Chris Colfer and then proceeded to explain why you think it is, lol. It’s not Chris.

Comment by Joann – February 25, 2011 11:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yeah, I kinda did, didn’t I. LOL But I agree… I don’t think it’s Chris either. Especially after the other posts below reminded me he went to Dalton before the Globes. :)

This may actually have nothing to do with Glee… the “Diva” description could just be people acting like a diva… like the Snickers commercials… not actual singing divas. :)

Comment by JmanPHX – February 25, 2011 12:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • He transferred to Dalton Academy before he won the Golden Globe, so…Plus many of the actors are on record as wanting Chris to return to New Directions because they miss him on set.

Comment by Jean – February 25, 2011 11:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • it’s NOT Lea Michele!
    Can’t you guys read?
    “This person’s first name does not start with “L.””
    It’s a person Ausiello likes, from a relatively new show that’s also a hit. I guess 2nd season, maybe?
    I can think of Glee and The Good Wife…
    But I believe it’s someone from Glee, though I don’t know whom that person might be.

Comment by Pedro – February 25, 2011 11:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m so glad it’s NOT Lea Michele. That would suck!!

Comment by Whitney – February 25, 2011 11:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m thinking Puck… He has a solo contract etc. I also heard he wasn’t very involved during the birthday celebrations for the girl who plays Santana…

Comment by pandpgirl – February 25, 2011 11:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Poor Lea!!! I hope she doesn’t read this!! At least the confirms what actress actress she is for everyone to assume she behaves like her character Rachel!

Comment by Zina – February 25, 2011 11:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Charlie Sheen

Comment by Alex – February 25, 2011 11:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I lol’d.

Comment by AJ – February 25, 2011 11:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • hate the show, but wishing it well, just to rub it in CS’s face.

Comment by JJ – May 23, 2011 06:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Matt Morrison.

Comment by AJ – February 25, 2011 11:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I wish he come off as arrogant.

Comment by Joe – February 26, 2011 11:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • He’s the sweetest guy ever. I’ve met him. Its not him. It’s one of the girls who’s not Lea so my guess is the girl who plays Santana.

Comment by RT – March 2, 2011 04:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ok, Though it is totally ridiculous that whoever this is, is being a diva. My question is it really enough to get someone fired from a job? I have worked with quite a few people that I didn’t get along with, but you suck it up and you deal with it because that’s life. I can’t imagine one could get fired so easily because they don’t hang out with co-workers.

Comment by Jessi – February 25, 2011 11:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really hope it’s not one of the girl’s from Pretty Little Liars!

Comment by Lauren – February 25, 2011 11:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Glee is 2 and a half years old, does that really count as relatively new?

Comment by eliott256 – February 25, 2011 11:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Glee is 1 and a half years old.

Comment by Alyssa – February 25, 2011 12:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m going to go with Chris Colfer on this one.

Comment by Jennie – February 25, 2011 11:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • There is no freakin way.

Comment by Joann – February 25, 2011 11:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Not on Earth.

Comment by harmograz – May 5, 2011 07:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Not because I don’t see him as a diva, but because the producers would want him around.

Comment by JJ – May 23, 2011 06:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Any other guess that are NOT Glee? What about the part that says “he/she has also become a big star.”…..I don’t think ANY of the guesses made so far qualify.

Comment by Jennifer – February 25, 2011 11:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree. It used to be that every guess on every blind item was someone from Grey’s Anatomy. Now it’s Glee. There are other ‘fairly new’ shows out there. Or does everyone that reads this website only watch Glee?

Comment by catbean – February 25, 2011 10:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sofia Vergara, Modern Family

As much as it breaks my heart. Although there’s no way they would let her go…

Comment by Erin – February 25, 2011 11:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The first name that came to my mind was Sofia Vergara. I hope I’m wrong.

Comment by kiara – February 25, 2011 11:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Darren Criss
    Glee is “relatively new” and Darren is one of the newest members and a “big star” outselling a number of the other Glee tracks. His comments in interviews of others in the cast come off as blatant disregard and he is never mentioned on twitter with any of the main cast.

Comment by hm – February 25, 2011 11:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Hes supposed to be a total sweetheart though. I can’t imagine it being him. Plus he seemed friendly enough with them all at the Grammys.

Comment by Emma – February 25, 2011 11:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • He doesn’t really hang out with most of the cast because he’s with the Warblers, but Lea Michele has tweeted congrats to him about one of his performances. And he and Chris Colfer have gone back and forth as well.

Comment by Hannah – February 27, 2011 07:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post