Blind Item: Hit Show May Give Diva the Boot

Get More: Blind Item, News, Scoop

Gadzooks, I can’t tell you how much it pains me to have to write this Blind Item. But hey, at least it is a Blind Item, so unless you’re feeling especially insightful today, you’ll be spared the angst of knowing whom it’s about.

The reason this story so bothers me is that it pertains to both a show and a performer that I really like. The show is relatively new, but a hit; the performer, also new and also a hit. Unfortunately, I’m now hearing from multiple sources that the actor/actress in question has become the kind of diva that alienates fellow cast members and the crew… to the point that a pink slip is being considered.

Now, to be clear, let me reiterate that firing is only being considered. Because, as big a pain as the brat in question has become, he/she has also become a big star. So a whole lot of discussion will go into the matter before the axe is swung — if it’s swung.

Will it be? I wish I knew. I’ll tell you when I find out. But in the meantime, be glad you’re in the dark. And, if you’re in a masochistic mood, go ahead and guess below the identity of the ingrate. And to avoid some innocent folks getting caught in the crossfire, I’m going to go ahead and rule out all of these people. And here’s one more hint: This person’s first name does not start with “L.”

Comments (1,118)

• Lea Michele would be the most obvious choice, but at the end of the article Ausiello stated that the “person’s first name does not start with L.”

Comment by Grace – February 25, 2011 11:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please read the last line – this persons first name does not start with an L…. Kind of rules our LeaMichelle…..

Comment by Angie – February 25, 2011 11:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think you CAN’T read. Ausiello wrote (in last line): ” This person’s first name does not start with “L.” D’oh!

Comment by Marina S. – February 25, 2011 11:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The blind says the show is new. Glee isn’t really a brand new show.

Comment by Call – February 25, 2011 11:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It doesn’t say new, but relatively new, which Glee in fact is, since it’s on its second season.

Comment by Angie – February 25, 2011 11:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • right, it’s so vague.

Comment by JJ – May 23, 2011 06:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not Lea, first name doesn’t start with L. Don’t you people read?

I have a feeling it might be Chris Colfer and if it is I will be hugely disappointed :(

Comment by Maja – February 25, 2011 11:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • LOL IDIOTS,READ THE WHOLE THING:

This person’s first name does not start with “L.”

Comment by Karin – February 25, 2011 11:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Um, are you people blind??? “This person’s first name DOES NOT start with ‘L.’”

Now, all together, what does Lea’s name start with?

Comment by mizj – February 25, 2011 11:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • He just added at the end that the first name doesn’t start with “L,” so is isn’t Lea.

Comment by Melissa – February 25, 2011 11:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I guess nobody read the last line that said, “This person’s first name does not start with “L.””

Comment by J – February 25, 2011 11:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Seriously, people… you need to read the post again. All those saying Lea Michelle, re-read the last sentence. The person’s first name does NOT start with “L”. Kind rules her out don’t you think?

Comment by JmanPHX – February 25, 2011 11:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lea Michele/Chris Colfer from Glee

Comment by Mark – February 25, 2011 11:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ausiello says: “And here’s one more hint: This person’s first name does not start with “L.””

Soooo probably not Lea Michele

Comment by Cait – February 25, 2011 11:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • that’s the only part that did get me interested.

Comment by JJ – May 23, 2011 06:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It says the person’s first name does NOT start with “L”, so clearly it’s not Lea Michelle. I have no clue who it is though…

Comment by Megan – February 25, 2011 11:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lea Michelle is too obvious. This has to be about somebody else. As long as it’s no one from Community!

Comment by Clarissa – February 25, 2011 11:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m finally happy to say this, no way is cOmmunity considered a BIG hit, so whew, not them

Comment by Wayne – February 25, 2011 01:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s not Lea Michele, he stated that the person’s name DOES NOT start with an L, which I think was an obvious tip off to not think her, seeing how everyone calls her a diva.

Comment by Ivey – February 25, 2011 11:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “And here’s one more hint: This person’s first name does not start with “L.””

Oh HEY. Lea Michelle starts with an L. Glad you all can read.

Comment by Amanda – February 25, 2011 11:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lea Michele would be a great guess, if he hadn’t said in the last sentence, “And here’s one more hint: This person’s first name does not start with ‘L.’”

Comment by Jennifer – February 25, 2011 11:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was looking at the original article. Someone JUST updated it with the “L” clue, so back off.

Comment by Slizabeth – February 25, 2011 11:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Guys, he just said their name didn’t start with L. It’s not Lea Michele. Next guess?

Comment by Renee – February 25, 2011 11:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t think it’s Lea… just because Rachel Berry is like that doesn’t mean Lea is, and she constantly tweets about hanging out with her fellow cast members.

It really REALLY pains me to say this, but possibly Darren Criss? He’s still going back and forth with Team StarKid, so maybe that’s giving off the “alienation” impression? And he is new to the show…

Comment by Rory – February 25, 2011 11:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I really hope its not him. He has the BEST reputation out of anyone on TV right now. I’d hate to find out he’s a jerk in real life.

Comment by Hannah – February 27, 2011 07:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It can’t be Lea Michele. He said the diva’s first name does NOT start with L. Think again.

Comment by Jer – February 25, 2011 11:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have no clue who it is. I know it is not Lea Michelle though because if you knew how to read you could see above Michael said it does not start with an L!!!

Comment by Danielle – February 25, 2011 11:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Its not Lea Michele. Read alll the clues,people!

“This person’s first name does not start with “L.”

Comment by megan – February 25, 2011 11:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The “L” clue was added later after many people posted Lea Michelle so there is no reason for you to be rude

Comment by ava – February 26, 2011 06:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “This person’s first name does not start with “L.” ”

Hmm.. I think I’m still leaning toward a Glee cast member, I’m not sure which one now though.

Comment by Danielle – February 25, 2011 11:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • my first guess was Lea Michelle but he says that the perosn’s name does not start with an L.

Comment by Lilian – February 25, 2011 11:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Should be Lisa Edelstein but the show is not new and her name, like that of Lea Michele, does begin with an L, so no clue.

Comment by Ben – February 25, 2011 11:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not Lea Michele as this blind item clearly states: “And here’s one more hint: This person’s first name does not start with “L.””

Comment by Mel – February 25, 2011 11:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Are you people illiterate? He said the person’ first name does not start with an “L.”

Comment by Tara – February 25, 2011 11:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • He added that after the original post.

Comment by Taryn – February 25, 2011 11:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Back off! The “L” clue was edited in!

Comment by tanner – February 26, 2011 06:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • if it’s not Lea Michele — and it’s not, as the L clue makes clear — then I’m not sure who it would be from “Glee.” I’ve never heard any rumors of diva-ish behavior from anybody else; the only other people whose careers have had huge liftoffs are Chris Colfer, Matthew Morrison and Jane Lynch, all of whom are supposed to be very professional. What other shows could this pertain to?

Comment by amy – February 25, 2011 11:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Well, arguably, it could be Amber Riley – who is probably the biggest diva out of the entire “Glee” cast on Twitter and is rarely included when the cast discusses extracurricular activities. So if it’s not Darren Criss, my gut says it’s Amber Riley. She’s kind of a witch with a B. And, technically, Dianna Agron’s character has taken off because of the show (her movie career and name recognition, at least) but all reports suggest that she’s anything but a diva – instead, she’s supposed to be one of the classiest people on the set.

Comment by Heather – February 25, 2011 11:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Amber Riley was my thought too. Mercedes has gotten diddly in the way of storyline this season.

Comment by Harley – February 25, 2011 11:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “This person’s first name does not start with “L.” so im guessing everyone missed that part so its not Lea Michele

Comment by drew – February 25, 2011 11:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What part of first name doesn’t start with “L” do you all not understand?

Comment by Dan – February 25, 2011 11:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • it says that the performer’s first name does NOT start with “L”, so lea michele is out.

Comment by caitlin – February 25, 2011 11:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m sorry, but can none of you read? For seriously. The last sentence clearly states: “This person’s first name does not start with ‘”L.’” It does NOT start with an “L.” Lea Michele’s name starts with an “L,” for those of you unsure about the alphabet. My money’s on Darren Criss of “Glee” fame, quite honestly, since his becoming a series regular for season three has suddenly become an unsure topic. A few months ago, it was all but official that he’d be a regular but now they’re saying that his contract status is totally up in the air. Smells like teen diva, to me. In any case, though, I think it’s pretty definite that the actor/actress in question is from “Glee.”

Comment by Heather – February 25, 2011 11:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Do any of you people read? The last line of the story says:

“And here’s one more hint: This person’s first name does not start with “L.” “

Comment by Idioto – February 25, 2011 11:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “And here’s one more hint: This person’s first name does not start with ‘L.’”

It’s nice to see so many people actually pay attention to what they read. Sheesh!

Comment by Vince – February 25, 2011 11:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Guys, chill. When it was first posted that last line wasn’t there. I had to refresh the page twice before that line came up.

Comment by Blink – February 25, 2011 11:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So the last sentence of this article says the first name does not begin with L…why all the Lea Michele guesses?

Comment by Beth – February 25, 2011 11:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Because the article was edited to add the L line.

Comment by dan – February 26, 2011 06:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dianna Agron from glee?

Comment by stephen – February 25, 2011 11:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Dianna Agron is the exact opposite of a diva.

Comment by Beth – February 25, 2011 11:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Fiancé Agron is too bland to be a diva

Comment by Kay – February 25, 2011 11:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • So true….bland =Dianna.

Amber is a possibility and if she was gone it wouldn’t hurt the show.

Comment by Amber – February 26, 2011 11:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Don’t think it’s Darran Criss. He was JUST upped to a regular. What other fairly recent hit shows do we have that Mike likes? Cougar Town?

Comment by Maja – February 25, 2011 11:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Since Lea Michelle has been ruled out by the hint at the end of article, I am going to go with Chris Colfer from Glee.

Comment by J. – February 25, 2011 11:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Did i read his post wrong? He states that the first name does not start with “L”. Wouldn’t that mean it isn’t Lea Michelle?

Comment by Y – February 25, 2011 11:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yeah, seeing as the clue says the performer’s name doesn’t start with an L, I’m guessing its not Lea Michele.

Relatively new performer. I was thinking maybe Chord Overstreet (Sam from Glee) but he’s always out and about with Lea, Amber, Jenna and Harry… then again, if he’s only alienating SOME of the cast and crew, it could still be him. I don’t think its Darren Criss, he’s a sweetheart.

Comment by Blink – February 25, 2011 11:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m thinking Piper Perabo of Covert Affairs or Sarah Shahi from Fairly Legal, both shows from the USA Network. I think they’re considered hit shows for that network.

Comment by RowellE – February 25, 2011 11:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The only problem with that is if Piper or Sarah were fired from their respective shows they shows would basically be cancelled since they’re the whole show.

Comment by Meg – February 25, 2011 11:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Plus, they’re supposed to be some of the nicest women in the biz!

Comment by tiffany – February 25, 2011 12:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Thank You. Thank You. Thank you, for having a guess NOT from Glee and reading the whole article through. I personally don’t have a clue, but I usually like to read the comments to see what others have to say. This time however, its one large argument whether or not people read the line: “And here’s one more hint: This person’s first name does not start with ‘L’”. I hope this is a blind item that will be answered in the long run, as people are really fired up about it.

Comment by El – February 25, 2011 08:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ausiello said:
    This person’s first name does not start with “L.”
    ***********************************************
    So no it’s not Lea Michele.
    The blind item is too broad, what about ABC or CBS as clues.

Comment by mary – February 25, 2011 11:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Michael just added that last part. I still think it is someone from glee, because he says “performer”

Comment by C – February 25, 2011 11:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • To all those who said Lea Michele read the post!!! “This person’s first name does not start with “L.””

Comment by Romy – February 25, 2011 11:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Probably Matthew Morrison

I love his singing, but he hasn’t sung much this year. I’d be pissed too if I was him.

Comment by Question – February 25, 2011 11:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • oh yeah fire him, he’s lame.
      But them we’d miss out on the awesome Jayma Mays…

Comment by Juan – February 25, 2011 11:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • It’s not Matt. He and the writers are very close. And he’s the exact opposite of a Diva.

It’s clearly Naya. She’s been such a bitch lately to everyone.

Comment by Truth – March 2, 2011 04:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • In our defense, the post was JUST updated with that last hint. Anyone who read the original post would easily guess Lea. In fact, I’m assuming he added that little hint BECAUSE of our guesses. So chill out.

Comment by Kaley – February 25, 2011 11:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes, thank you, the update was posted after I commented, too. Here’s my fear: I think it might be Chris Colfer. My reasoning? Just won a Golden Globe, is inarguably the breakout star of the show (Darren Chriss and Dianna Agron following close behind. Keep in mind, we know it isn’t Lea), and – when the cast went over to perform the Regionals version of Don’t Stop Believin’ on the X Factor in Great Britain – the only one conspicuous by his absence was Chris. I fear success may have gone to his head. Hope not.

Comment by William – February 25, 2011 11:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Colfer didn’t go to the London performance because he was filming Dalton Academy scenes while the others were traveling there.

Comment by NMO – February 25, 2011 11:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I really doubt it. Everything I’ve seen of the cast indicates they are good friends with Chris Colfer. Think when he won the golden globe and the whole table was beaming (esp Lea Michelle who was crying). Also there was an interview on E! of him just after the nomination was announced and Lea Michelle pounced on him and was so congratulatory. Also, I thought I read him and Amber Riley are BFFs and I saw an interview where he talks about how much he loves working with Darren Criss (although, granted, that could be just talk). I would be shocked if it was him.

Comment by Jenny – February 25, 2011 11:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Chris didn’t go to X Factor because he was filming with the Warblers. And all of that was BEFORE he won a Golden Globe.

He’s also close friends with many people in the cast. So no. It’s not him.

Comment by Jean – February 25, 2011 11:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • The reason why Chris Colfer was absent from the X-Factor in London was that he was Filming the Dalton Academy Warblers scenes in Glee. He was on a totally different filming schedule to the rest of the cast, so he could not go to London with them. This was documented in an interview he did in February. The main cast are also constantly saying how much they miss having him with them and keep begging Ryan Murphy to bring Chris back to the New Directions.

Comment by seastar – May 21, 2011 03:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Seriously, it’s not Lea. Pay attention people. He specifically says the person’s first name does NOT start with “L.”

Comment by kchilla – February 25, 2011 11:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Aw, c’mon, please say it’s not Lea or any of the Glee cast! The cast starts getting picked apart and the show will crumble, everyone knows that a show like this needs to maintain that perfect balance. Come on, Michael, give us a hint. Even if you only go as far as confirming whether or not it’s a Fox show!

Comment by William – February 25, 2011 11:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nina Dobrev from Vampire Diaries.

Comment by Heather – February 25, 2011 11:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • lol I highly doubt that. Nina is really close with most, if not all the cast and is rumored to be dating Ian… not really isolating there.

Also… Vampire Diaries would not work without Nina – at all.

Comment by Maja – February 25, 2011 11:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I sincerely hope she isn’t, I was kind of planning on marrying Ian…

Comment by Blink – February 25, 2011 11:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • HAHAHAA!!!! I began reading that as in you hope she isn’t the diva but then read the second part of the sentence.

Thank you for the laugh, kind ma’am.

Comment by Michael – February 25, 2011 11:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Ian Somerholder has a girlfriend who is definitely not Nina Dobrev. So I suspect that rumor is mostly Damon/Elena shippers being wishful.

And yes, there’s no firing Nina Dobrev from that show. You could possibly see it about either of the vampire brothers, but I hear nothing but good things about either Ian or Paul.

Comment by amy – February 25, 2011 05:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I really don’t think it’s any of the core three from the vampire diaries. Most tv reporters ALWAYS say how sweet and down to earth they are. plus TVD needs the core three to be successful.

Comment by Krista – February 26, 2011 05:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Ian and his girlfriend broke up almost a year ago.

Comment by Serena – February 27, 2011 09:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That would be a letdown.

Comment by JJ – May 23, 2011 06:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post