Blind Item: Hit Show May Give Diva the Boot

Get More: Blind Item, News, Scoop

Gadzooks, I can’t tell you how much it pains me to have to write this Blind Item. But hey, at least it is a Blind Item, so unless you’re feeling especially insightful today, you’ll be spared the angst of knowing whom it’s about.

The reason this story so bothers me is that it pertains to both a show and a performer that I really like. The show is relatively new, but a hit; the performer, also new and also a hit. Unfortunately, I’m now hearing from multiple sources that the actor/actress in question has become the kind of diva that alienates fellow cast members and the crew… to the point that a pink slip is being considered.

Now, to be clear, let me reiterate that firing is only being considered. Because, as big a pain as the brat in question has become, he/she has also become a big star. So a whole lot of discussion will go into the matter before the axe is swung — if it’s swung.

Will it be? I wish I knew. I’ll tell you when I find out. But in the meantime, be glad you’re in the dark. And, if you’re in a masochistic mood, go ahead and guess below the identity of the ingrate. And to avoid some innocent folks getting caught in the crossfire, I’m going to go ahead and rule out all of these people. And here’s one more hint: This person’s first name does not start with “L.”

Comments (1,118)

• I guessing Lea Michelle from Glee? That would be a real shame if so.

Comment by Scott – February 25, 2011 10:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree! I think she’s on the way to become a major star, both as an actress and a singer, it’s pity if she lets this get in the way..

Comment by mar – February 25, 2011 10:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • The diva rumors are grossly over exaggerated especially when they say she doesn’t get along with cast mates. Most are rehash from the first rumor over and over again.

Comment by Frank – February 26, 2011 11:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • who knows what she’s really like, right?

Comment by JJ – May 23, 2011 05:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • The cast members who get along with her. They would not willing spend off time with her if they didn’t get along with her.

Comment by John – July 5, 2011 11:33 PM PDT
      • Lea Michelle was already a star. Guess again.

Comment by Lisa – July 6, 2011 05:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • the writer specifically said the person’s first name doesn’t start with “L”

Comment by sheryl – July 11, 2011 02:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Thank you! I’m reading these comments of people guessing who & their say Lea Michelle & I’m thinking, did these people even read the wbole article? It said the person in questions name DOESN’T start w/ the letter L

Comment by jane adams – March 18, 2014 12:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It says the person’s first name does NOT start with “L”

Comment by Amanda – February 25, 2011 10:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • sorry the hint came out after I posted!

Comment by mar – February 25, 2011 11:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • That’s why you must read what is written in its entirety before commenting. Thus avoiding embarrassing yourself because you feel this need to post something very quickly for whatever reason (something that many of you suffer from).

Comment by Tania – February 25, 2011 03:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • THE HINT WASN’T THERE ORIGINALLY. he posted it after comments were already made. lay off.

Comment by flutiefan – February 25, 2011 03:48 PM PDT
          • I can concur that the first time I read this, this afternoon, the hint about “does not start with L” was NOT there.

Comment by rentagoodbook – February 25, 2011 04:23 PM PDT
          • Apparently you suffer from the same thing, Ms. Tania.

Comment by cher – February 25, 2011 10:05 PM PDT
          • Tania…..wow. Aren’t you snotty?

Comment by kd – February 28, 2011 10:22 AM PDT
          • now don’t you feel like the idiot

Comment by LOL – May 16, 2011 10:14 PM PDT
          • @Tonia

I just feel the need to say this to you

“That’s why you must read what is written in its entirety before commenting. Thus avoiding embarrassing yourself because you feel this need to post something very quickly for whatever reason (something that many of you suffer from).”

It seems appropriate somehow…..

Comment by Ryan – May 17, 2011 07:13 AM PDT
      • And yet he says he doesn’t know who it is??? Kinda fishy…

Comment by Noelle – February 25, 2011 01:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • He knows WHO it is, he just doesn’t know IF the axe will be swung. The headline says the hit show MAY give diva the boot.

Comment by april-ann – February 25, 2011 04:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • He knows WHO it is, he just doesn’t know IF the axe will be swung. The headline says hit show MAY give diva the boot.

Comment by april-ann – February 25, 2011 04:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I think it’s juicy that it might be actual firing, not just something that can be spinned as contract negotiations falling out.

Comment by JJ – May 23, 2011 06:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • The “L” name. Does that refer to the character’s name or the actor/actress’s name? If it is the character, it could be Lauren not Lea Michelle (which I totally believe it isn’t. My best guess at the possible pink slip is sadly Blaine. He has become way popular and is a great singer. I have a sick feeling that it is him.
        As for the upcoming death, my money is on Sue’s sister Gennie. That would be both sad and give Sue a deeper storyline which she is due for.

Comment by AM – May 9, 2011 04:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I also think it is Blaine/Darren Criss… But how can he mix with the New Directions… He is in another location and the whole time with the Warblers… He has also other priorities…
          This may explain the lack of Chris Colfer/Darren Criss joined interview… Darren Criss has simply no time for such interviews…

Comment by Lily – June 28, 2011 10:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • it’s not darren. his contract was just renewed. i think he’s going to be a full time cast member, but chord overstreet is only going to be part time now because his contract wasn’t renewed. (by the way i don’t know if darren criss was a full time cast member already)

Comment by rae – July 6, 2011 12:29 AM PDT
        • Everyone who knows Darren Criss says that he is huge sweetheart and everyone loves him. Look at his interaction with his cast members and the general public and “diva” will be the last word that comes to mind.

Comment by ReallyLarry – July 5, 2011 07:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • her first name starts with an L — obviously it’s not her (and just as obviously, that’s who Ausiello knew we’d all guess first, so he ruled her out.)

Comment by amy – February 25, 2011 10:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Have you read the article?

“This person’s first name does not start with “L.”

Comment by Question – February 25, 2011 11:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Jeez, people. He added that after this was posted.

Comment by Lisa – February 25, 2011 11:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Really, guys? The name does NOT start with “L”!

Comment by Nerdista – February 25, 2011 11:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Seriously, do you not read the posts your responding to? She clearly said said the hint came out AFTER she posted her guess.

Comment by Rowan – February 25, 2011 11:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Sorry! Color me jerk-face :(

Comment by Nerdista – February 25, 2011 11:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • He said First Name not with an “L”.

Comment by Liana – February 25, 2011 11:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • SHUT UP and learn to read.

Comment by Steven – February 25, 2011 11:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • First person that popped into my head.

Comment by Marsha – February 25, 2011 11:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Seriously people, it’s not Lea frickin Michelle unless you all spell Lea w/ a q, seriously, read, the poster I understand as it was before the clue, but the rest of y’all need glasses

Comment by Wayne – February 25, 2011 12:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Haha Ausiello knew everyone would think Lea immediately

Comment by Matt – February 25, 2011 12:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It says that her name DOESN’T begin with L.

Comment by Kris – February 25, 2011 01:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s Dianna Agron from Glee! First off, she just had a movie come out (She’s “a star”), and Michael posted that the grim reaper was visiting Glee at the end of the season! Probably leave a cliff hanger so that they will “consider” her to return for the 3rd season.

Comment by James Adam J – February 25, 2011 03:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • You’re kidding right? Dianna is the nicest actress on Glee. If it was anyone from glee, it would be Santana or Puck, both the actresses are pretty diva-like, but Dianna is anything but.

Comment by natasha – February 25, 2011 04:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I was thinking Naya (Santana) as well especially after all the stuff that happened with Mark! Or Mark as well, he is spending more time on his own music right now!

Comment by Kate – February 25, 2011 06:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • come on guys. Since when Mark or Naya are BIG STARS… Lea is (and it’s not her), but they arent… they dont go to talk shows, they´re not making movies…
            it’s not them

Comment by jake – February 26, 2011 01:35 PM PDT
        • Come on guys, you are thinking too small. I totally think it is Sue’s big sister. That would be both devasting and a big story line for Sue. I feel very strongly that it is not an immediate member of the Glee club.

Comment by AM – May 9, 2011 04:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Um, didn’t Sue’s sister die last season?

Comment by DG – August 11, 2011 09:58 AM PDT
      • There’s already a guess as to who the ‘grim reaper’ will be visiting. It’s not her.

Comment by Lucy – February 26, 2011 08:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Who do you think the ‘grim reaper’ will be?? Has there been an article I’ve misssed??

Comment by Melanie – February 28, 2011 12:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Dianna is a stat at being biege.

Comment by ge – July 5, 2011 11:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Just spitballing for fun (not because I really think these people are diva-esque).

Scott Caan on Hawaii 5-0
      Eric Stonestreet from Modern Family

Comment by Katy – February 25, 2011 07:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I thought about Scott Caan too! He was nominated for a Golden Globe, the press keeps saying the he ‘makes’ the show, and I’m pretty sure I read somewhere that his girlfriend lives in L.A., so he’s not too thrilled about being so far away from her.

Comment by Chatty – February 26, 2011 12:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I dunno. Scott Caan isn’t “new” since he’s done the Ocean’s franchise. He’s new to TV, but also comes from a pretty famous family. I doubt it’s him.

Eric Stonestreet is supposedly the nicest guy. True, he’s new, but I can’t imagine it being him.

Comment by slipperyslope – February 28, 2011 05:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • It says “relatively new”. I still don’t think Scott Caan qualifies, but who knows what “relatively new” could mean? It could mean new to mainstream audiences, virtually completely new, or new to Television. If the latter is the case it could be Caan. But, as I said, I doubt it.

Comment by Amber – February 28, 2011 05:54 AM PDT
        • Scott Caan gets on my nerves in this show – could someone tell him and Harper Hill from CSI:NY to stop talking with their hands!!! Drives me crazy :)

Comment by sizzle – March 1, 2011 03:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Can’t be Eric Stonestreet. From what I’ve seen he gets along with his costars very well.

I’m sad to say it, but maybe it’s Julie Bowen? She has a tendency to say things that are taken the wrong way. Hopefully, I’m wrong and it’s no one from Modern Family, because my heart would just break into a million little pieces.

Whoever it is, it’s gotta be someone with a show that premiered in Fall ’09 or mid 2010. He said relatively new, not brand new.

Comment by Erika – March 28, 2011 12:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Interesting thought. We all know at this point it’s not Leah Michelle, but what I do find interesting is that everyone is posting people from Glee, but instead of saying the person isn’t on Glee, he just said the name didn’t start with an L. I’m thinking, no matter what, it’s a Glee cast member. Thoughts?

Comment by Stephanie – February 25, 2011 09:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I know it is clearly not anyone on Glee. Pfft… stars? No one knows who those losers are. It is definitely NOT someone from Glee. Unless its Matthew Morrison, because he just seems like an @hole.

Comment by hwnry hayes – March 1, 2011 11:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Blaine. People are obsessed with him for whatever reason.

Comment by lefty – March 7, 2011 12:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Yup my first thought was Blaine…aka Darren Criss. Hes new right out of the box was a huge hit, and slowly weve seen less of him? I think he got a BIG head real quick and now too big for his britches!

Comment by bekah – May 4, 2011 10:06 AM PDT
        • Wow, bitter much? If you don’t think anyone on Glee is a star, then I’m guessing you don’t watch enough TV to even be on this website. Glee is a huge hit despite my own reservations about it.
          I would say if it’s anyone from Glee, then it has to be one of the main characters. I love Chris Colfer, and I can’t imagine him being the actor in question, but I have to say he’s carrying the show for me right now.
          Also, if this is Glee, could this be why they made the “Night of Neglect” episode?
          ALSO, I can’t IMAGINE Darren Criss is the actor in question. He’s incredibly nice and is mostly humble about everything, as opposed to demanding. I’d say to look at the Glee behind the scenes look where they’re making fun of Divas. Look at who isn’t there.

Comment by Mariet – April 26, 2011 09:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Darren seems like a really sweet and nice guy…like he deosn’t take himself too seriously. I doubt it’s him. And you’re right..for a while Chris Colfer was the only reason I watched Glee! I love him!

Comment by harmograz – May 5, 2011 07:30 PM PDT
    • My God, people, read the whole thing! DOES NOT BEGIN WITH AN “L” So it’s not Lea!

Comment by Bishop – February 25, 2011 11:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • So, so many comments here about the obvious guess and re-edited versions.

Comment by JJ – May 23, 2011 06:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The first thing Michael said was the person’s name does NOT start with ‘L.’

Comment by Jerry – February 26, 2011 04:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • And way to read that this person already apologized saying the Hint was posted after her post.

Comment by alex – February 26, 2011 12:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The name begins NOT with an ‘L’. Read last line.
      It is sad but there is nothing we can do about it can we?

Comment by Clara – February 26, 2011 02:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Steve buscemi boardwalk empire ….hit show later series total diva also hard to continue the show without him big thoughts into the axe …..I don’t watch glee though so I could be wrong

Comment by Jane – March 2, 2011 07:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Buscemi is too much of a pro and has been around too long to let the relative success of his show go to his head. No, we need to keep guessing.

Comment by Mikka – March 4, 2011 10:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • says that the person’s name does NOT start with an “L”…

Comment by Isa – March 7, 2011 08:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Totally agree!! Sound like her!!!

Comment by Chiara – May 17, 2011 05:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’ll guess Glee’s Amber Riley. Two reasons. First, we know the show plot points are often inspired by real-life cast anecdotes e.g. Lea being a vegan and getting egged on the show… Chris wanting to and not getting to sing “Defying Gravity” in high school. There *have* been *several* story lines about Mercedes being a diva so…. Second, Amber mentioned on a blog that she wishes that they would have cut down Kurt’s solo in “Born this Way” so she could have had more lines/plot. Ouch – writers/producers don’t like to be second guessed. In public(!) If I’m right, the role of Mercedes could be recast with the fab young woman who sang “Amazing Grace” on The Glee Project try-outs show. Now I’m really reaching.

Comment by Kate – July 5, 2011 10:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • “And here’s one more hint: This person’s first name does not start with “L.””

Well, that means it’s not Lea.

Comment by Jodie – July 7, 2011 10:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Totally Lea Michele. Glee.

Comment by Matthew Clark – February 25, 2011 10:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • lea michele?

Comment by erika – February 25, 2011 10:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Just clearing it up that I posted this when the Blind Item was initially put up. Michael did NOT write that last comment until afterwards, probably after seeing all these comments about Lea.

Comment by erika – February 26, 2011 11:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lea Michelle

Comment by Anne – February 25, 2011 10:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lea Michele?

Comment by Mark Justice – February 25, 2011 10:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Clearly it has to be that chick from Glee!

Comment by Peggy – February 25, 2011 10:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • what about that guy from Glee? Could a guy be called a diva?

Comment by JJ – May 23, 2011 06:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • There were ramblings Lea Michele was getting really bad on set.

So i’m thinking Lea Michele and Glee.

Comment by Carine – February 25, 2011 10:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • BS rumors she get along with the cast and crew that is well documented.

Comment by Joe – February 26, 2011 11:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The real proof is that she changed her name before she signed on with Glee because she KNEW this story would come out and she didn’t want her name starting with anything other than an “L”.

Comment by McFudge – May 17, 2011 04:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Blain from Glee

Comment by wcm – February 25, 2011 10:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • seriously? Darren Criss has to be one of the sweetest people on the planet.

Comment by erika – February 25, 2011 10:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • it was my first thought too…

Comment by Mafz – February 25, 2011 11:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Blaine? Seriously? No. He’s just getting started on there. And Darren Criss is FAR from being a Diva.

I pray to Grilled Cheesus it’s really no one from Glee. The only person I would prefer off has already been taken off as an option.

Comment by KaylinV – February 26, 2011 07:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • My friend works on Glee, and they panicked when this blind item came out, because it IS in fact Darren Criss, sorry folks

Comment by Andrea – March 11, 2011 10:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Are you serious? Darren Criss will never be one of those people that lets fame get to his head.
      Plus, I don’t understand HOW Glee can be classed as ‘relatively new’.
      C’mon guys.

Comment by Lucy – February 26, 2011 08:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Relatively new means it’s not from this year, which leads to the conclusion of last years breakout shows. Of which Glee was one.

Comment by Miranda – February 28, 2011 03:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I totally agree!! He is new to the show and in interviews he acts kinds cocky. I thought of him right away. They aren’t sure about firing him because of the klaine story.

Comment by gleek – March 5, 2011 05:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lea Michele in Glee?

Comment by Johnny – February 25, 2011 10:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have a feeling its Lea Michele from Glee… ive heard rumors about her before…

Comment by elly – February 25, 2011 10:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh no, I will never believe it’s Lea Michelle. The girl I know since I was 13, back when she did Wendla on Spring Awakening, who has one of the most beautiful friendships I’ve ever seen with her gay ( and wonderful ) costar Jonathan Groff, it can’t be her.

Comment by Caio – February 25, 2011 10:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m guessing Lea Michele – Rachel from Glee.

Comment by Shazza – February 25, 2011 10:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not Darren. I’ll believe it of anybody but Darren.

Please don’t let it be Darren. :(

Comment by alex – February 25, 2011 10:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • There is no possible way it’s Darren. In every interview I’ve ever seen him in before and during Glee, he is the sweetest, most humble guy in the world, and from what I’ve read of the other Glee stars, everyone loves him to death. Darren is safe.

Comment by sam – February 25, 2011 11:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Your delusion is cute.

Comment by Kelly – February 25, 2011 11:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Your resentment is delicious.

Comment by Dana – February 25, 2011 11:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • That comment leads me think you don’t even know what the word “resentment” means, frankly.

Comment by Kelly – February 25, 2011 11:55 AM PDT
          • Uh, that’s a Sue Sylvester quote from Glee, Kelly.

Comment by Carly – February 25, 2011 08:40 PM PDT
        • I don’t understand how she can be ‘deluded’ as I don’t think you see any other stars bouncing up and down from excitement during an interview on the red carpet or acting like a geek with the 360 glam cam. Darren is definitely safe.
          I HIGHLY doubt it’s him. Then again, I highly doubt it’s anyone from Glee.

Comment by Lucy – February 26, 2011 08:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • @Kelly …. I’m thinking you don’t watch Glee because Dana’s comment is lifted from the show and it was quite funny.

Comment by HBug – February 25, 2011 12:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Darren has been living up his 15 minutes of fame more then any other Original Glee star. He thinks he all that but it comes off as arrogant. He’s been on every TV show or interview that would have him.

Comment by Ryan Murphy – February 25, 2011 11:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Go away you evil puppet master :P

Comment by Greg – February 27, 2011 03:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • He’s definitely not selling himself out though. If you actually read/hear his interviews, you’d notice that he avoids talking about his personal life and talks mostly about the joy it is to play a character like Blaine. He’s said several times that he’d be happy with what he was given even if Ryan Murphy killed Blaine off tomorrow. So just back off, dude.

Comment by Hannah – February 27, 2011 07:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i would have thought lea michelle, but she’s been with glee since day one, so i dont know if she’d be considered a NEW actress…

Comment by adrienne – February 25, 2011 10:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lea Michel. The guy from E! has been on it since the beginning.

Comment by C – February 25, 2011 10:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Uggh, Ted Casablanca is the worst realiable source ever. Don’t believe everything he says.

Comment by Novak – February 25, 2011 11:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • better yet, don’t ANYTHING he says

Comment by again – February 25, 2011 01:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I thought Joel McHale from E! and was laughing at Communit making fun of Glee.

Comment by JJ – May 23, 2011 06:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lea Michele would be the most obvious choice, I think.

Comment by Summer – February 25, 2011 10:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • doesnt start with L people… read the article!!!!

Comment by leo – February 26, 2011 01:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lea Michele

Comment by Kiki – February 25, 2011 10:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • easy…Leah Michelle aka Rachel Berry from Glee.

Comment by AGinNJ – February 25, 2011 10:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • are u all daft??! THE NAME DOESN’T START W/ L!!!! READ!

Comment by LEA – February 25, 2011 09:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lea or Chris Colfer on Glee. I can’t think of another show that’s both a hit, and chock full of [previously] unknowns.

Comment by Jacob – February 25, 2011 10:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • LOL Chris Colfer could be the biggest dick ever and RM would never make him leave the show as Kurt is his little money maker.
      And Chris isn’t a diva.

Comment by Lucy – February 26, 2011 08:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t think Chris Colfer is the diva. Based on the cast’s reactions to his Golden Globes win, he seems pretty well-loved by the cast.

Comment by Emily – February 27, 2011 11:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’d say Lea Michele, but her castmates sent out pictures of her cooking dinner for them a few nights ago. Doesn’t really seem like alienation…

Comment by Andy – February 25, 2011 10:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lea spends more time with her castmates than Cory. She goes out to dinner out shopping with them ALL the time.

Comment by Vannessa – February 25, 2011 10:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • maybe it’s cory… but i have a feeling it is someone from glee. when i hear “diva” i think glee.

Comment by emma – February 25, 2011 01:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Minding the fact that magazines are really unreliable, I read somewhere that Cory has been really diva-ish. Could be him

Comment by Miranda – February 28, 2011 03:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • dont think its anyone from glee. i wouldnt say that show is “relatively new” plus, its no secret lea michelle is perceived as a bitch.

Honestly stumped on this one!

Comment by meg – February 25, 2011 10:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Who perceives Lea as a bitch? Her castmates love her and everyone I know who’s interacted with her has said she was adorable and sweet.

Comment by Allison – February 25, 2011 11:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • The people on paramount lot who instructed us not to approach or look her in the eye cause she would not talk to fans for one, or the fact Corey monteith smiled and waved and Jane lynch came over to sign autographs and everyone joked “stay away from Lea” those kinda not joking jokes

Comment by Wayne – February 25, 2011 01:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I was on set and did the tour and funnily enough we were warned not to look at any of the actors and no one mentioned Lea specifically. That is so weird. And Harry saw us and hid when he did, doesn’t make me think he is a bitch either.

Comment by Eva – February 25, 2011 02:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • That is such a lie. First of all, you’re not supposed to talk with anyone on set. Second of all, the cast loves Lea. They dote on her in interviews, videos, pictures…etc.

Why does everyone say she’s a diva? If anything, Ryan has shown time and time again that she’s his favorite. She’s super sweet. God, people need to learn to distinguish fiction from reality.

Comment by Laine – February 25, 2011 10:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I’ve been on many TV sets and I’ve dealt with many a studio tour. While tour guests are not allowed to try get the actors’ attention, once an actor comes over and starts talking with you, it’s fine. And it happens a lot. I remember Dustin Hoffman running around a tour cart at Warner Bros giving everyone high-fives, George Clooney taking time off from a pickup game of hoops to show a group of tourists some new equipment on ER and Drew Carey once followed a tour around giving his own fake tour with crazy information, just for kicks.

Some of the actors are very engaging – some are not, but don’t assume that the actors are told they can’t talk with tours if they want to. As for Corey Montieth and Jane Lynch making “don’t look at Lea” jokes – I don’t know if that’s true of untrue – just that it is possible.

Comment by Rowan – April 17, 2011 09:05 AM PDT
        • total BS.

Comment by wayneisaloser – February 26, 2011 11:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Glee is only in it’s second season. That makes it “relatively new.” If it was in it’s first season it would be called “new.” But it obviously isn’t Lea. Maybe it’s Naya? I hear she’s kinda nuts.

I’d love it if was that arrogant tw@t who plays Jenny on Gossip Girl. Ugh. She’s SO full of herself. I know the crew can’t stand her.

Comment by Rowan – February 25, 2011 11:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Sadly, Gossip Girl is not relatively new. It’s… what, fourth or fifth season?

Comment by Miranda – February 28, 2011 03:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why do I have this sick feeling in my stomach that it is Chris Colfer, or another cast member from Glee?

Comment by Nicole – February 25, 2011 10:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Unfortunately, I have the same feeling, and it makes me sad. I hope I’m wrong.

Comment by Angie – February 25, 2011 11:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • he’s hardly a new comer to glee, and probably the most popular within the cast so i really doubt it. i’d say darren since the description fits him better, but that seems unlikely too.

Comment by anon – February 26, 2011 11:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It isn’t Chris Colfer. He’s been working mainly with the Warbler group this half of the season and there have been many reports from both Dalton Academy actors and also the crew assigned to the filming of these scenes, that Chris was extremely Sweet, down-to-earth and hard-working. Now he’s back with the main cast, I doubt very much that his personality could have changed so drastically in a few short weeks, that he’s become an unbearable diva. No, it’s certainly NOT Chris Colfer that the ‘blind’ is referring to

Comment by seastar – May 21, 2011 02:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • that has got to be Lea Michele which would suck big time! I’d hate to see her leave Glee!

Comment by Jill – February 25, 2011 10:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Again with Lea Michele being a diva?
    We all know this story for over an year.
    No one cares! Let her be who she wants to be! She’s good on what she does, everything she does. LEAVE HER ALONE!

Comment by again – February 25, 2011 10:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • If it’s not Lea Michele and Michael only watches Glee, maybe Amber Riley or Matthew Morrison.

Comment by again – February 25, 2011 01:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • God, I hope not, I’m just starting to like Amber Riley’s character.

Comment by Miranda – February 28, 2011 03:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree with you. Matthew Morrison, with the release of his new album and all, I just didn’t like him since the first time I saw him on TV. He was a stupid heir who was trying to kill his father and his stepmother just so he would get all the money to himself, on Ghost Whisperer. Thank God he die there.

Comment by CM – May 12, 2011 10:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Michael kept saying “performer” instead of actor, so I’m also inclined to think it’s someone from Glee…

Comment by Michael – February 25, 2011 10:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s probably not Lea Michele, they would never fire her and Glee isn’t that new.

Comment by MJ – February 25, 2011 10:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Umm, read the clues. The person’s name DOES NOT start with “L.”

Comment by Obviouse – February 25, 2011 10:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Thank you! Finally someone else with reading comprehension!

Comment by Jessica – February 25, 2011 10:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Michael added that after most people posted Lea’s name.

Comment by Jacob – February 25, 2011 11:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Yea, but this post was written about the same time, so I’m guessing it’s been there for at least a minute or so.

Comment by Miranda – February 28, 2011 03:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • To be honest, he did add the L clue AFTER people started commenting

Comment by Matt – February 25, 2011 11:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That clue about the name not starting with ‘L’ wasn’t there when the story was first published. That’s a response to the first comments.

Comment by Tucker – February 25, 2011 11:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • The sad part is even AFTER he’s posted the “L” correction, people are still guessing Lea. :-/

Comment by JmanPHX – February 25, 2011 11:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I know, right? FAIL. Read better people!

Comment by Andrea – February 25, 2011 12:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • We’ve been over this, children. The clue was not part of the original post. It was edited in later.

Comment by Erika – March 28, 2011 12:48 PM PDT
        • Actually the saddest part is that 15 people all are saying the same person, like they were the only one to think of that name. Why post again new just add to the other strings unless you are saying someone different

Comment by joe – February 28, 2011 10:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Thank you! I guess people didn’t pay attention to that part.

Comment by Chelsea – February 25, 2011 11:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I thought I was the only one who read the article correctly!

Comment by scw – February 25, 2011 11:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Easy. Lea Michele.

Next!

Comment by LA – February 25, 2011 10:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Not that easy unless you spell her name w/out it starting w/ an l

Comment by Wayne – February 25, 2011 01:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t be Lea Michele, recent videos show her getting along with her colleagues.

Plus, she is too important and talented to be even considered for a firing.

Comment by L. – February 25, 2011 10:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • plus her first name does start with L

Comment by pookie – February 25, 2011 11:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • HAHAHAHAHA. Sorry, your post made me laugh. She’s no more important than anyone else in the cast, and not even the most talented person in Glee.

Comment by Josh – February 25, 2011 11:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • First of all, yes she is. Second of all, she’s the star of the show. She gets the most solos and often gets the most screen time. Lea is the break-out star of Glee whether you like her or not and is certainly more important than Tina or Santana or even Will.

Comment by Kris – February 25, 2011 01:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Ryan Murphy has said on numerous occasions that she has a ‘once in a generation voice.’ And the entire cast agrees she’s the star. And she’s definitely the most talented person out of the kids. Her and Matthew Morrison are a whole different level compared to the others.

I don’t get why everyone calls her a diva though. Seriously. One bad article from a GOSSIP website and suddenly everything’s blown out of proportion? I met her at a signing and she’s super sweet! People can be really cruel.

Comment by Laine – February 25, 2011 10:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Right cause it’s when the cameras are on that she would obviously be at her worst…duh

Comment by Wayne – February 25, 2011 01:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • The entire cast has stated that everyone gets along. Why do so many people not like Lea? She plays a bitchy character. That’s it! Learn to separate fiction from reality people!

Comment by Laine – February 25, 2011 10:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m thinking Lea Michele from Glee perhaps? But it just seems a bit too easy a guess. I heard she is a diva, but I’ve never actually heard of her alienating cast members and such. And is Glee still considered to be fairly new?

Comment by Sam – February 25, 2011 10:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My first guess was Lea Michele before I even saw the comments.

Comment by Danielle – February 25, 2011 10:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • He said the first name DOESNT start with a L. Can you people read?

Comment by I Can Read – February 25, 2011 10:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The article was edited, the hint wasn’t on the first draft.

Comment by L. – February 25, 2011 11:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yes, but the post that just complained about the “L” name was posted at 10:59, which means it wasn’t on the post for a whopping SIX MINUTES, and there are all kinds of people still choosing her after the 11:00 mark. So, really, those people deserve to get called out.

Comment by KevyB – February 26, 2011 02:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That last sentence wasn’t there when the article was first posted. Get off yr high horse.

Comment by Mercedes – February 25, 2011 11:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Chris Colfer

Comment by Gusy – February 25, 2011 10:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It saddens me to say that, but that’s what I thought too.

Comment by Angie – February 25, 2011 11:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No way. That guy is like the exact opposite of diva.

Comment by Ney – February 25, 2011 02:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Given the intro to this, I think it’s Colfer too.

Comment by ZD – February 26, 2011 12:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Amen.

Comment by Lucy – February 26, 2011 08:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • no way, he’s probably the most loved member among the cast. hell, even if it was him they’d never pink slip him.

Comment by wingedkid – February 26, 2011 11:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That chick from The Good Wife

Comment by Terry – February 25, 2011 10:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • thats who i thought too

Comment by Kelly – February 25, 2011 11:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Do you mean Archie? From what I hear they love her at The Good Wife. Have you heard different?

Comment by rowan – February 25, 2011 11:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • that’s what I heard about Archie too. They love her.

Comment by JJ – May 23, 2011 06:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That was the first thing I thought of too even though she’s my favourite.

Comment by xav – February 25, 2011 11:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The Good Wife is in a bit of ratings trouble this year; I think it could be Sofia Vergara.

Comment by Anna – February 25, 2011 12:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Noooooo! I don’t want it to be anyone from Modern Family.

Comment by Sue – February 25, 2011 01:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I was thinking Julianna Margulies too. I’ve heard A LOT of negative things about her. However, I doubt they would fire The Good Wife from The Good Wife.

Chris Colfer is a good guess but he’s really tight with Lea Michele/Amber Riley and the cast in general are really close to each other so I don’t think it’s anyone from Glee. Dianna Agron came to mind but she’s best friends with Lea so once again, I’ve got nothing.

Comment by Kris – February 25, 2011 01:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Can’t be Julianna Marguiles she was a star before the Good Wife and the article said the actress was new.

Comment by Noeladd – February 25, 2011 02:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lea Michelle. She also had a diva reputation in the Broadway community as well.

Comment by Hearger – February 25, 2011 10:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah heather you back off anne till you read a time stamp and see they posted at the same minute so both had the same info

Comment by Wayne – February 25, 2011 01:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Are you kidding me? Read the latest article on Remy Zaken, who worked with Lea on Broadway. She has nothing but kind words about Lea. Apparently Lea is still tight with her friends from New York. And her BEST FRIEND, Jonathan Groff, worked with her on Broadway too and he says she’s the funniest and sweetest person he’s ever met. So yeah, she had a reputation as Broadway’s sweetheart. Haters will never leave her alone, will they?

Comment by Uh, no, she didn't – February 25, 2011 10:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The article says that it DOES NOT start with L so therefore, it can’t be Lea Michele. Has to be someone else.

Comment by Becky – February 25, 2011 10:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Howly cow simpletons didn’t you read the last line? First name does NOT start with a “L”

Comment by ann – February 25, 2011 10:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Don’t be a jerk Ann. Ausiello updated the post AFTER people were guessing Lea. Back off.

Comment by Heather – February 25, 2011 11:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Actually, given the time stamps of the posts, she has every reason to be pissed that you people keep saying the one person he declared it isn’t with his updated post. Don’t complain to her, look at the time stamps and wonder why people are being stupid in droves.

Comment by Dave – February 25, 2011 11:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • you’re the jerk! people are still guessing lea waaayyyyyy after he reposted the hint. It’s annoying how eager people are to have an uneducated opinon instead of taking the time to just READ! I’m tired of reading the same stupid guesses over and over, let’s use our brains people!!

Comment by joe – February 25, 2011 11:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hee. I love that he knows everyone in the world will jump to the Lea Michele conclusion.

Comment by Heather – February 25, 2011 10:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Does that girl need a new publicist or is she a diva and proud of it

Comment by JJ – May 23, 2011 06:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Totally Lea Michelle.

Comment by Lilliness – February 25, 2011 10:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hey I bet its Lea Michele in Glee, no one has mention her yet!!1!

Seriously though, hope its not Allison Brie or Gillian Jacobs from Community

Comment by Tom – February 25, 2011 10:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ausiello ruled out all of the people in his launch party photos, so that rules out Gillian Jacobs.

Comment by DH – February 25, 2011 11:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Sadly and happily, I don’t think anyone in Community is in danger. It’s not really a hit show.

Comment by Julia – March 1, 2011 05:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Everyone it is NOT Lea! HE said the person’s first name does not begin with L. He didn’t want her in the crossfire because it is not her!

Comment by Corinne – February 25, 2011 10:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Michael specifically says her first name does NOT start with “L”…sooooooo NOT lea Michele.

Comment by tara – February 25, 2011 11:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Again with Lea Michele being a diva?
    We all know this story for over an year.
    You could complain if she sucked, but she doesn’t. She’s great!

Comment by again – February 25, 2011 11:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • quoting from above…:This person’s first name does not start with “L.”

Comment by erin – February 25, 2011 11:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • HE SAID IT HER FIRST NAME DOESN’T BEGIN WITH AND “L”!

with that said, i think it is Darren Criss.

Comment by Dora – February 25, 2011 11:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No way! He’s too sweet and happy to be there to be anything BUT nice to rest of the cast. If it was him, it’d completely ruin his very clean reputation of being very down to earth, humble, and innocent.

Comment by Hannah – February 27, 2011 07:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Even though I’m a huuuuge darren criss fan, after reading the article and everything, I think it might be him! He doesn’t seem to get along too well with the cast, in every video I’ve seen of them all with him he’s sort of in the background (and a little annoyed). I know he’s super sweet but maybe they all feel like he’s alienating them because he’s taking so many interviews & using his 15 min. of fame. He even did an interview with the autistic girl, though he’s said numerous times that the only people he’s really spent time with are the guy who plays karofsky and kurt. He may be just wanting to make the right moves & get his name out there- too much…

Comment by Allie – February 27, 2011 10:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • watch this video with that ^ in mind :(

Comment by Allie – February 27, 2011 10:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Just FYI, she’s not autistic. She has Down’s Syndrome.

Also, I don’t think it’s him. I don’t think it’s that he doesn’t get along with the other cast, it’s that they’re only recently *actually* spending time together.

Darren filmed almost exclusively on another set with the Warblers up until recently. The only other people that he met or would have spent any time with would be Chris and Max because of shooting schedules, so it makes sense that he gets along with them more.

Comment by Adri – May 6, 2011 12:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Gabourey Sidibe from The Big C. She is gained a really bad rap for turning into a huge diva. pun intended.

Comment by S – February 25, 2011 11:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Good thought about the fat girl

Comment by sue me – February 25, 2011 11:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • You can either be thin and mean or fat and jolly. You can’t be both!

Comment by Steven – February 25, 2011 12:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Yeah but she has an AWFUL reputation of refusing to talk to fans after one successful movie. :/

Comment by Jo – February 25, 2011 12:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • really? i met her once last summer and she was super nice. even took a picture with her.

Comment by RLA – February 25, 2011 03:13 PM PDT
    • Could be, but is that considered a BIG hit? Can anything on Showtime be yet? Even if that doesn’t seem like a big one

Comment by Wayne – February 25, 2011 01:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Maybe Ausiello has different criteria than you or me – Laura Linney was nominated for all kinds of awards for The Big C, so perhaps that makes it count as a success (rather than ratings or popularity amongst people on message boards)?

Comment by Sarah – May 20, 2011 08:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Clearly no one read the part where he wrote the person’s first name does NOT BEGIN WITH L.

Comment by Meg – February 25, 2011 11:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I feel really bad for Lea since everyone seems to think it’s her, but she’s good friends with a lot of the cast and Ryan Murphy has never said anything less than glowing about her. Even if it turns out to be her, I refuse to believe it.

Comment by Allison – February 25, 2011 11:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • What are you Allison Lea michelles publicist? There’s a reason she’s everyone who can read first guess, if they just wanted to trash a breakout star they’d go for The only mainstream breakouts from the cast so far, Jane lynch or dianna argon not Lea so diva no one else wants to work w/ her

Comment by Wayne – February 25, 2011 01:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Hahahahah. Check your facts before you spread things. Plus no one can even pronounce Dianna’s name, she might be the big breakout star if IAN4 doesn’t tank totally, but so far, people only know Lea’s name when you talk about the show. Which I do a lot. To strangers. Like 80% know Lea and by name and Dianna is the blond cheerleader. Lea’s shooting a movie right now btw, so the whole no one wants to work with her bit you have there, not really true.

Comment by Eva – February 25, 2011 03:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Dianna and Lea are best friends. Matt has nothing but praise for her and Cory plain loves her. She’s the only one with a bitchy character on the show and idiots like you just can’t differentiate between TV and real life. The cast loves her but haters like you are determined to tear her down.

Comment by You're obviously mistaken – February 25, 2011 10:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • wayne you have no idea. Lea is the face of glee. Love her or hate her that is the truth. You just don’t like her so you have been making up lies. It seems you love Dianna and feel the need to take down Lea becasue she is more well known.

Sure Lea has had her moment but she has many friend on the set and many friend form previous jobs. The diva rumors are exaggerated. She is target not becasue she is a diva but becasue she is the most popular and the lead.

Comment by Jeff – February 26, 2011 11:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Jeff, Lea is no longer the “face” of Glee. When it started last season she was, but now the others, especially Chris Colfer, have become very famous and Lea’s role has been reduced a great deal from season one. That doesn’t mean she is a problem on the set or that people don’t like her (I don’t know or care if the cast gets along), but she is now just part of the ensemble – as it should be.

Comment by Rowan – April 17, 2011 09:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wish we could have clarification on the “relatively new” part. Because if it were a brand new show, I feel like you would say so… So would Glee be a “relatively new” show??

The way it says “performer” has me thinking it could be Glee.

Comment by Slizabeth – February 25, 2011 11:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post