Exclusive

True Blood Exclusive: Look Who's Returning!

You already know that True Blood‘s upcoming fourth season will feature witches, werewolves and more Nan Flannigan. But here’s what I’m fairly certain you don’t know: It’ll also mark the return of vampire legend Godric!

TVLine has exclusively learned that Allan Hyde will reprise his role as Eric’s late, forever young-looking maker when the HBO drama resumes this summer.

The duration and exact timing of his stint are unknown. It’s also unclear what form the onetime vampire sheriff of Area 9 will take given that he succumbed to the worst sunburn in history during season 2. (He returned briefly from the great beyond in the season 3 finale to deliver a message to Eric.)

Blood EP Alan Ball isn’t offering too many clues, except to say that fans will see “a different side of Godric.”

Thoughts? Guesses? Hit the comments!

1. lily says:

He could return as a human being bon temps visiting as a tourist, student or something like that then eric is obsessed with him for his strong resemblance to Godric … and becomes a vampire again and so begins all over again

2. Helenea says:

put him any where- he’s a good actor, he’ll make anything believable.

3. Yippie says:

Perhaps an “ash” or some particle of his body when he was getting fried landed in a dark place that will bring him back when blood comes in contact with it.

4. Snikky says:

I haven’t read the books, but by what you are all saying, Godric eats children and is a SERIOUS bad@$$. So yes, maybe flashbacks-not “warm and kind hearted” like he has portrayed…. and by what the article is saying “a different side of Godric”…so something no one has seen on the show yet. I am thinking more along the lines of him being a dirty old nasty classic vampire which is how they should be, eating children (I hear babies are best)and making love in the blood.

5. Lori Martin says:

I think he will come back as Sookie’s Grandpa./

6. jessy says:

Flashbacks will be cool, but I hope it means Sookie and Eric will be gettin it on! They need to! And godrick is feelin sookie cuz she’s too cool.

7. DLFarthing says:

Maybe, just maybe Yoda, Aniken & Obi Wan will show up with Godric this season, too!

8. Ryan says:

Godric will be haunting Eric driving him crazy making him either really bad or really good.

9. Ashley says:

It will most likely be memories ….****SPOILER ***
    In the books, Eric’s maker isn’t Godric, but AB changed it, which I happened to enjoy because of the great actor they chose. Since Eric’s storyline is about to be more in the limelight, I’m thinking the memories with Godric is going to reveal a big secret Eric’s been keeping.
    ….(SPOILER)…my reasoning behind this is, in the book, Eric’s real maker comes back with a big problem, at a very inopportune time in Sookie and Eric’s relationship. I know AB wants to make the show his own, and I’m all for it, I love the addition of Lafayette, but I also know the writing team understands the success of the books, and realize they need some of the story lines from the T.V. show to somewhat parallel The Sookie Stackhouse Novels.
    I’m ready for all the twists and turns coming our way. Bring it on. :)

10. Al Jimenez says:

I love Godric. Much like Darth Maul in Star Wars, he was an awesome character that got killed off wayyyy to soon! (And easily)

11. Al Jimenez says:

Or maybe sookies blood can bring him back to life! (A guy can dream can’t he!?)

12. Heather says:

I wish they would get rid of some of the fillers there making Eric look crazy! sookie and Eric taking a shower need I say more MMmm

13. cherie says:

YAY! more flame for the godric/sookie shippers..and i love it when i see eric be submissive to someone shorter than him..lolx

14. jackie says:

FINALLY WROTE TO TRUE BLOOD AFTER THEY KILLED OFF GODRIC TO BRING HIM BACK WITH BACKGROUND OF ERIC/GODRIC, AND THEIR LIVES TOGETHER. IT ONLY TOOK TWO MORE
    SEASONS TO DO IT. ALAN HYDE WAS THE BEST THING IN SEASON TWO. I CANCELLED HBO
    NOW I’LL GET IT AGAIN FOR GODRIC.

15. Charlayne Elizabeth Denney says:

It’s going to be a flashback in Eric’s storyline. With the tease of a “different side of Godric”, we’ll probably get to see some bloody scenes of Eric’s training, maybe???

16. tra,ey says:

In the books Eric’s maker isent Godric II forgot his name and he tells Sookie he belonga in hell is there is such a place,becase of the horrible things heKs done in the past.So maybe it will be a flash back of how the character REALLY was before he became so docile.

17. marie says:

Bring on Bubba! Bon Temps could use a little Dixie flavor!!

18. TimeForMore says:

Well at the end of season 3 sookie went with the others into tge light, its possible that its there she will find godric and learn all the stuff you all want to know more about…

19. Valerie says:

Well if it’s a different side, it may be showing his true self. One of the major reasons he commuted suicide in the books was because he was a pedophile. His favorite were young boys, which were easy because he looks young. After all the years he just I guess gained a conscience and felt the guilt. I was dissapointed they neglected to share that in season 2. But also I’m getting a little tired of the story getting tweaked in so many.directions.

20. austin says:

true blood kicks ass

• I AGREE WITH YOU! YOU HAVE TO BE A RETARD IF YOU DONT LIKE TRU BLOOD!! SOOKIE ERIC JASON JESSICA TARA ND EVERYONE ON THE SHOW ARE THE BEST THING TO HAPPEN TO TV. SO BACK OFF DUDE BECAUSE YOU DONT KNOW WHAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT!!

21. Heh says:

in the books he is a child molester vampire… if you haven’t read the sookie stackhouse novels you better catch up cuz they are far better than the show but the show has alot of things the books do not have ;)

22. Christine Dahl says:

There is no story line in the books where he “comes back” because in the books he’s NOT Eric’s maker. Heck in one book Eric’s “real” maker comes to Eric with his newer “son” and it’s the son of the last Tsar of Russia. So that obviously is NOT going to be a story line if we’re lucky and True Blood runs as long as it would take to get to that.

23. 4F says:

Hopefully it’s Godric’s less annoying side because I really hated his character. They need to introduce Quinn to the show.

24. ladyfyercode says:

Does anyone know how I can watch the last season, its not on HBO yet and I cant afford the box set. I know it will prob be on HBO before the new season comes back on, but I need my TB now! Oh and love Eric and Sookie, love Bill and Sookie. I think Godric will come back as flashbacks as well, thus showing a diff side than we have seen. And for those that want the story to follow the books… If they did that, thered be no Lafyatte. What kinda show would it be wout him. Hes halerious. Thats all I have to say for now

25. Moran says:

RE:

Could be a good write , butch up Godric !

He’s a killer.

The Sam character could be a real headliner.

26. GB says:

The method of Godric’s death was a telltale that he would be back later as something different including the manner of conversation between him and Sookie..He didn’t burn away as the other vampires have, and the flame around him was blue and he burned into a mist and floated away…he is coming back as something way more powerful than what he was before.

27. Skye says:

I think he’s gonna be pissed with eric about putting russell in that cement.

28. sarah allen says:

when does the next season start????????????????????

29. andi says:

I don’t care how he comes back as long as he is back. I love the story between Godric and Eric.

30. felicia says:

i think he might come back as some other mythical creature or maybe he might come back as an evil vampire of maybe he faked him death even though it looked really real. or maybe just maybe they might be incorporating zombies? idk

31. felicia says:

then next season starts in june i think

32. WendyGael says:

@Mike from 2/24 regarding Bubba — I agree it would be fun to have the Bubba character appear, but there’s a reason Charlaine Harris always stops short of actually using his real name in the books. It would be a huge legal snarl and liability issues would abound if she did. Can you imagine then what would happen if they used El…, I mean, “Bubba’s” FACE on the show? I would venture to say that will NEVER happen.

As far as the other characters, I’m well versed in the books and find always it interesting to see how they continue to adapt them to the show… what they USE of the stories versus what they omit.

True Blood is a GREAT show!! And I hope the interest in it will give it a life as long as a vampire’s! Ms. Harris’ fertile imagination sure has given them tons of material with which to work! GO SOOKIE!!!

33. Kim says:

Possibly returning in flash backs…but with there being witches…could be resurrected. An interesting thought.

34. julie says:

omg godrics coming back. im soooo excited for his return. i was really sad when he died in season 2. godric is gorgeous.

35. Friekel says:

I loved Godric and I was sad when he burned on the rooftop in season 2. So I really don’t care how they will bring him back, evil or good, human or ghost or in flashbacks. Just need my portion of godric once in a while. Lol

36. Lily says:

YESSS! I knew he’ll be back. As soon as I saw the title with someone being back I was like, it’s got to be Godric. Love him. Awesome.

37. I think Godric’ll show in Eric’s flashbacks & Eric keeps having nightmare of his dark past & got addict 2 true blood after he killed Debbie(she got killed at the end of 4th. but probably they’ll change it let her die in 1st ep.) It’ll show killing people w/ Godric & they pretends be a family(Eric’s dad, Pam’s mom,& Godric’s their son). it’s something’s out of horror family. it would be creepy. I think Godric help eric remember who he really is(not monster,but hero I hope).

Eric has more history b/g than Bill’s & he turned during beowulf time. they shown Bill’s b/g history in past 3 seasons w/ psycho Lorena & his family. I hope they’ll shown he has a wife & his kids & show how he turned Pam in s4 like Alex implyed.

I wonders how work will out w/ witchcraft thing & getting him be anasmic. becuz I read they’re going 2 Hollow into a evil spirit of a vengenceful witch taken over a body of a psychic named Marnie. There’s Layfayett discovers he’s a witch last season,probably he’ll seek revenge on Eric from what he does 2 him in s2(that’s mite be his plot) Don’t forget,about the hitman that bill sented out 2 kill pam. Probably eric gets shot in the head w/ silver bullet when he’s protecting her & woke up in the mourge naked. Probably that would be change there. I don’t known.

38. bk says:

Sookie will probably will him back on accident with her new found abilities

39. littletaz98942 says:

I think since we saw a blue light and no burning that the fae had something to do with it.Think for a sec we saw Bill burn we saw the king burn he is older then Eric and we saw him burn. All we saw was a blue light he was there and then gone.Plus fae live in another realm then us.

40. Thomas says:

They can pretty much do anything they want with Godric since he doesn’t appear at all in the books. Also, in the books, Eric isn’t older than Sophie Anne like he is in the series. Both the show and the books are great, but they depart far afield from each other on major plot lines. One instance is LaFayette staying around. In the series, he was just kidnapped, but in the books, well, he met the sun in his own way. What will be cool is if they eventually introduce Niall in the series.

41. lily says:

Godric should come back as a young foreigner who visits bon temps, and its uncanny resemblance to Godric Eric is obsessed and want to convert into a vampire … sookie protecting it and runs well between flashbacks and present time … the end

42. Oh give me a break, Godric comes back as human or mystical creature. Those stupid ideas u guys comes up w/. & I doubt he shown up in Faerieland.
    Remember Eric said u made who I am 2 Godric when he pours cement on Russell? My guess’s it’ll explained that in flashbacks when he keeps having nightmares this season.

I think Eric(not godric) pulled Sookie out the land of faeries,but he senses pam’s in danger & went back 2 took the bullet 4 pam from hitman & pam looks 4 help. But the bullet turned out be silver & he woke up in the mouge. Sookie finds out what faeries arent what they seen be & she’s changeling. She forces 2 marry claude,but she escapes. Sookie woke up & tied up in trunk of Debbie’s car. She witnessed Eric killed Debbie like a wild animal & begin 2 attack her. The End.

43. Margaret says:

I think by “a different side” he means ” a kick ass side”

44. Jennifer says:

I didn’t read alllllll the comments so I don’t know if someone said this already but I’m pretty sure it will be flashbacks of Eric’s memories and we saw Godric as a peace seeking Vampire and the different side we are probably gonna see is some of the horrible bloody things he and Eric did to make Eric more cold like he is now! That’s my not so expert opinion that and $2 may get u a soda lol

45. Ivette Menes says:

Oh! yesss, i don’t care how he going to return but i am happy for him and me too, YESSSS GODRIC.

46. Godrics Lover says:

I agree with some of you. I’m sure were going to see the savage, animalistic side of Godric from when he had just turned Eric.

47. peter says:

A witch could brig Godrick back…..

48. kristina says:

when does the 4th season cum out? i have the second and 3rd seasons burned for me and my brother bought the first season i just havent heard when it comes out. does neone know?

49. Holly says:

I think we will see a VERY, VERY DARK side of Godric!

50. Ashley says:

Godricks dark sides going to show since he was a good vampire towards the end. Flashbacks or back, can’t wait he was sexy!