Exclusive

Exclusive First Look: The Biggest, Boldest House Episode Ever!

Brace yourself for a House divided.

Unless you’ve been holed up in Doc Crankypants’ bathroom for the past three months, you know that this season’s 15th installment — airing March 7 — represents a radical departure for the Fox smash. The episode is one part traditional — i.e. there’s the requisite POTW story — and one part what the frak?!

To be more specific, the bold, ambitious hour — helmed by the show’s lead director, Greg Yaitanes — is interspersed with about a half-dozen fantasy sequences that find our Princeton Plainsboro faves spoofing a number of classic Hollywood genres, including the Western, the big-budget musical, the classic sitcom and, as you can see in the exclusive image below, black-and-white ’50s TV.

I had the good fortune to screen the episode earlier this week, and I can confirm that it’s a dazzling mind trip rooted in a poignant and momentous House/Cuddy story. (Let’s just say there’s a reason the episode is titled “Bombshells.”) I’ll be dropping more clues about the can’t-miss hour in the coming days, which will give me time to sneak in a few more viewings. In the meantime, hit the comments and tell me how you’re feeling about this episode. Excited? Scared? Both?

1. Jems2504 says:

So excited!!!! Great season. I love to laugh and love Seeing House’ real side.

2. Alyson says:

I sincerely hope they do this one justice. If they come up with yet anohter soap opera kind of twist (such as Cuddy being pregnant or terminally ill) I’ll quit watching.

3. durangotango says:

The talent invested in this show is so diverse and interesting, why shouldn’t they leap off the weekly grind and do something completely different every once in awhile? We fell in love with House because it was outrageous, in SOOO many ways, we couldn’t take our eyes off it. I say play, people! I can’t wait to see what you’ll do next!

4. Christine says:

Terrified, and so excited! This could be amazing….or it could sink so bad people will rethink why they watch it (not me, of course!!)
    I am going to trust the writers with this one. Its always the non-conventional episodes that are the most fun to watch…and the show wouldn’t be what it is without the writers.

5. taylor says:

@ Laura … episodee 18 :)

6. Anna says:

Last episode was pretty bad, but I like Huddy.

I think fantasy sequences are fun, and I did like that episode (in season 1 or 2) where House got shot, and then the rest of the show was a fantasy. I mean, it could work. Could. And if it doesn’t, it will make me very sad.

7. Anna says:

I should also add that I love it when you guys (the writers) dig into the comic Hugh Laurie. Gives me nostalgic Fry and Laurie flashbacks. :)

8. Armen says:

When the show started it was a great show for intelligent people. Now it is beloved mostly by housewives and fans of brazilian and mexican soap operas. Well done guys!

9. BETEHUDDY says:

Eu acho que sera extraordinario como tudo que o Greg faz. não vejo a hora de viajar junto com os personagens nessa loucura, apesar de esta com medo do que esta reservado para Huddy no final da temporada

10. Matthew says:

I can not wait for this episode. The House/Cuddy storyline injected the energy the show craved for last season. Yes, the writing isn’t perfect and can be completely absurd at times (hence the ongoing storyline in episodes 6-8) but it’s better than most episodes they’ve given us last year.

On the other hand, I hope they manage to blend their relationship organically into the story. Jerking the audience around isn’t doing the fans any favours. Those who like the pairing feel played and those who don’t feel marginalized. It’s only going to get worse if they break up. God knows I don’t need to watch another season of Cuddy being a b*tch and House behaving like an emo teenager.

11. Lynn says:

It is apparent that key writers that were responsile for the wry, witty dialogue have definitely left the building. They now have replaced said snarky “double entendre” dialogue with crude language and think it will get the same laugh (not from me). Last week’s ep with House asking two young school kids “who put sand in her vagina” is not witty. Yes, he’s House, but the House of earlier seasons would have put it in a way that would have been more transparent to the kids. When the writers have to descend to putting characters in “out of reality” character scenes for no apparent reason, they are out of ideas to keep the show fresh. This used to be the show I never missed, never even picked up the phone if it rang during the House hour. Of late, it is seldom the exceptional show it used to be either from the medical standpoint or from the character relationships. They need to get the talented writers like Doris Egan back pronto or put the show out of it’s misery. It’s amazing that it still has high ratings….I guess we keep watching, hoping it will get back on track.

12. French fangirl says:

Oooh, man, Please make Thirteen comes back with some drama so she can saves the show, She’s our last hope !

I haven’t watched House since episode 4 of this sesaon because I got bored out of my mind before the freaking ending !

To think this was my favorite show, and that I was a Huddy fan…

I change my mind, to much Huddy had killed the show ! ;(

13. huddyisaratingskiller says:

Thanks for the warning!! This has been posted elsewhere so folks know to take House off their TiVo list for this episode. Keep the spoilers coming so we can spread the word.

14. diane says:

cuddy and house just as well get married and bring some drs back to the show

15. scarlett says:

Can’t understand all this fuss about Huddy.
    I like the couple, yeah, and I don’t think the development of House-the-Character is this bad. Actually, if House had stayed the miserable loner that he was up until now, I think he would be practically dead.

To stay in topic, I can’t wait to see the 15th episode.
    Cheers from Italy, and thanks to Ausiello for his awesom job on spoilers and news.

16. missnobody says:

Honestly, I’m sick of this crap. Everytime is the same old conversation. House fell in love; There is it. If you like it, great for you, if you don’t, quit the damn show and stop whining! I’m tired of all the ‘jump the shark’ and ‘House is not the same’ thing. House moved on; Please do the same. And either keep watching because like/understand or turn off the tv and go read a book, but leave the damn show alone. And that includes stop reading and comment spoilers about it. It’s a favor you people do.