Does Charlie Sheen Want CBS To Cancel Its 'Frickin' Juggernaut,' Two and a Half Men?

There are things Charlie Sheen is not supposed to be saying publicly about the situation between him and Two and a Half Men, lest he risk his seat on the gravy train. Nonetheless, the extremely well-paid actor seemed determined to aggressively test the waters in a new interview.

“I was told if I went on the attack they would cancel the show, so I’m seeing if they’re telling the truth,” Sheen said Thursday during a call-in to The Alex Jones Show, a syndicated radio program.

And “attack” Sheen did, repeatedly referring to Men creator Chuck Lorre in a derogatory manner, calling him at times a “clown,” “charlatan” and (the always classy) “turd.”

Referring to Lorre’s recent use of an end-of-show vanity card to poke fun at Sheen’s mortality, the actor boasted, “I embarrassed him in front of his children and the world by healing at a pace that this unevolved mind cannot process. I’ve spent close to the last decade… effortlessly and magically converting [Lorre’s] tin can into pure gold.”

“Are they happy with the $5 billion they made off me?” Sheen asked, referring to CBS and the producers of TV’s most-watched sitcom. “[Two and a Half Men] is a runaway frickin’ juggernaut.”

But can the juggernaut withstand, say, the recasting of Sheen’s role, should his off-screen antics ultimately prove too much to tolerate? To that, Sheen said, “Watch your ratings, dudes. Watch your stupid ratings. Whatever. Do what you’ve got to do. I’ll go make movies with superstars and not work with idiots.”

As posed in our headline, could Sheen have been testing his bosses to see if they’d retort by actually axing Men? Perhaps. Though at the end of his rambling and at times outright bizarre radio call-in, Sheen maintained that he was “excited to get back to work” next week, at which point he will have completed a month of quasi-elective at-home rehab.

At the very least, Sheen seemed to want to let off some steam and in his unique way defend his on-the-razor’s-edge lifestyle. As the hard-partying actor put it, “I’m so tired of pretending like my life isn’t perfect and bitchin’ and just winning every second.”

What is your assessment of this increasingly strange if not obviously tense situation? Do you think Sheen is looking for an “out” to dive back into a film career, working with “superstars”?

1. Burgess says:

This is a tragedy all around. Sad for his family having to watch him self-destruct like this, sad for the cast and crew of the show who he gives absolutely no credit to and he very obviously doesn’t care whether they are going to be out of work or not. Drug addicts/alcoholics don’t care about anyone else so that’s not surprising but it is sad. They also have an exaggerated view of themselves and an inflated ego so his thinking that superstars will be lining up to work with him borders on delusional thinking. Good luck with that Charlie. I hope he eventually gets the help he needs but in the mean time CBS needs to fire his ass and get on with things. I hope the other cast and crew will get good work in the future.

2. Like it Or Nor The Show was a Success because of Charlie says:

Like it Or Nor The Show was a Success because of Charlie,s Popularity – let’s hope he Moves on with his Millions and Good Looks, without him and John crier the show would’ve been at the scrap yard a year later.

3. jimbob says:

for god sake how can anyone find 2 and a half men boring its funny as hell.what charlie sheen does in his life outside of work should not affect his acting carrer as long as his work is good.his personal life should be exactly that personal leave him the hell alone i am a big fan of comadies and this is one of the best ever even better than crappy friends anyday

4. MARY P says:

Cut the show. Let him crash. He is almost at rock bottom, and that is if only his rantings are psychosis that is repairable. Money, money, money. Catches the low life too..the ones who watch. Better call in Martin and declare Charlie Sheen incompetent or he’ll die, or worse..be like that forever. Poor kids. Bad on you all you TV shows that interviewed him to get “his side”. Nothing like exploiting drug psychosis.

5. coolchesse says:

Wow you people have no life to comment on charlie. He is a great role model for kids.

6. understanding Sheen - says:

I wonder if this is being done for publicity? Charlie has enough $$$ so the impact will be minimal for him. Either way life is short so why not live it to the fullest, Charlie might go over board but what the h*ll. Lorre has talent for scripts but he appears to be less creative as each one of his hit shows continue (my opinion) so maybe it was time for this show to terminate to keep up his own image (and bank roll). Agree or not agree with Sheen it is rare in todays society for public figures (positive or negative) to speak up or appose those who put the almighty $$$ in their bank account.

7. Carla says:

The show sucks. I was shocked to hear how much he makes for such a crappy/stupid/tacky show. Sheen has a case of arrested development. If he wants to be treated like a 45 year old man with 5 kids he should stop acting like a 12 year old punk.

8. Don'tCare says:

Sheen has bitten the hand that feeds him, Lorre has cut his nose off to spite his face & they’ve both disappeared up their own, you-know-whats . Let’s hope their mutual greed puts an end to this non story so all these grotesque amounts of money will stop being insensitivly flaunted in the face of the worlds population, half of which live on less than $2.5 a day.

9. Bob Spears says:

Numbers don’t lie: the show is a hit and we all know it, but that’s not the important thing here. The important thing is the health and well being of Max & Bob (his kids). Charlie is obviously crying out for help. He’s unhappy, probably depressed and has basically hit rock bottom (if not now he will soon). Maybe he’s burnt out, maybe he’s depressed, maybe we should not judge. Besides, I don’t know why people are saying the show sucks when it’s pretty much the way everyone thinks and acts in the ‘real world’ anyway. Charlie, if you’re reading this, I hope you get help and soon. My thoughts are with you, your family and your cast mates (I love Berta the most).

10. Holly says:

It is so obvious to everyone that he is on a downward spiral. Is there not one person close to him that can reach him? Is this permanent brain damage from the drugs. Brain chemistry is difficult
    without abusing it…He will die, if someone close cannot sweep him away to an unknown location and let him gather what is left of his brain matter.

11. OSCAR says:

WHY IS IT THAT ALL THE NEGATIVE COMMENTS AGAINST CHARLIE ARE FROM WOMEN. PROBABLY CAUSE THEY ALL KNOW HIM…. PERSONALLY………BANG..BONG..BLAALAALAALAALALA

12. Cj Gazerro says:

Who ever thinks the show is bad is a group of idiots. The show is number 1. ONE 5 billion in dollars created. Bet all of you have some crap 35k job. Love the characters Love the lifestyle Charlie has in the show, so much I live the same one. And joke wise big deal everyone needs to realize we all love sex and sex related jokes, second reason most woman hate the show their ugly fat and don’t give their men double fisted hot oil treatments 3 to 5 tines a week. Hint if you have sex with your mAn less the. 4 times a month , He has a side piece so come on girls deal with it.

13. Lauren Maniero says:

actually I am married to a man who is 39 I am 24 he retired at 35 with 29 million we Live for our kids but also have parents that demand to see our kids 2 times a week those days we drink and boat and have friends over it’s all about bikinis and awsom bodies. I mKe live to my husband 60 times a month or 5 times a week and he’s the second man I ever had inside me. I think all you woman don’t enjoy that feeling of a thick stick in you the passion is better then money shopping anything and yes family is furst but why not be that sex slave for one another. I am lucky also everyone says I am Jessica Albas twin with a better body but that don’t matter if your a fat mess still make your man happy. I just think you woman make me sick when the jokes are too dirty. I am blessed and still know what life is about. Family! And without happy poppa their is no family. Not to be a sex story. Just girls ask for your protien shake and demand it every day. Woman make me sick. Men are the worlds gift to us! Enjoy them all over gotta go I want my husband inside me. Yea I’m the pig that had two lovers in my life

14. marcue says:

Its so run its course. Egos destroyed. It

15. Phillip says:

What do you have against rednecks you yankee bitch.