Does Charlie Sheen Want CBS To Cancel Its 'Frickin' Juggernaut,' Two and a Half Men?

There are things Charlie Sheen is not supposed to be saying publicly about the situation between him and Two and a Half Men, lest he risk his seat on the gravy train. Nonetheless, the extremely well-paid actor seemed determined to aggressively test the waters in a new interview.

“I was told if I went on the attack they would cancel the show, so I’m seeing if they’re telling the truth,” Sheen said Thursday during a call-in to The Alex Jones Show, a syndicated radio program.

And “attack” Sheen did, repeatedly referring to Men creator Chuck Lorre in a derogatory manner, calling him at times a “clown,” “charlatan” and (the always classy) “turd.”

Referring to Lorre’s recent use of an end-of-show vanity card to poke fun at Sheen’s mortality, the actor boasted, “I embarrassed him in front of his children and the world by healing at a pace that this unevolved mind cannot process. I’ve spent close to the last decade… effortlessly and magically converting [Lorre's] tin can into pure gold.”

“Are they happy with the $5 billion they made off me?” Sheen asked, referring to CBS and the producers of TV’s most-watched sitcom. “[Two and a Half Men] is a runaway frickin’ juggernaut.”

But can the juggernaut withstand, say, the recasting of Sheen’s role, should his off-screen antics ultimately prove too much to tolerate? To that, Sheen said, “Watch your ratings, dudes. Watch your stupid ratings. Whatever. Do what you’ve got to do. I’ll go make movies with superstars and not work with idiots.”

As posed in our headline, could Sheen have been testing his bosses to see if they’d retort by actually axing Men? Perhaps. Though at the end of his rambling and at times outright bizarre radio call-in, Sheen maintained that he was “excited to get back to work” next week, at which point he will have completed a month of quasi-elective at-home rehab.

At the very least, Sheen seemed to want to let off some steam and in his unique way defend his on-the-razor’s-edge lifestyle. As the hard-partying actor put it, “I’m so tired of pretending like my life isn’t perfect and bitchin’ and just winning every second.”

What is your assessment of this increasingly strange if not obviously tense situation? Do you think Sheen is looking for an “out” to dive back into a film career, working with “superstars”?

1. Laura says:

The better question is what kind of inbred, backwoods rednecks watch this piece of trash show in the first place?

• Maria says:

So glad I’m not the only one who thinks this show sucks!

• LP says:

It’s the dumbest show on TV right now, and that is seriously saying something. Lorre’s jokes are all the absolute lowest common denominator, and Sheen is a trainwreck. The whole thing is a win/win in my book.

• get over yourself says:

Thanks, we were all wondering if you three were too good for fart and boob jokes. The betterment of the human race is in your hands…earn this!

Maria, you’re the saddest. Were you REALLY wondering about that???

• dean says:

I only watched the show once… didn’t like it the kid was rude and everyone was just a wreck on that show no interest to see it. it would have been better if alan had gotten over his marriage and moved out w/ his son and sheen was like a teenager want to be.If the get a replacement if the person is a playboy why make him a drunk. Let hom grow up… if sheen wants to go to movies then go let a t.v. show go and stop downing everyone. Take it like a man stop being a middle aged teenager.That is just not right… no one everyone if fed up w/ all the new actors and old are starting to be like the new… I would rather watch old movies when acting was acting…. real life was real life.Maybe hand out botles of milk and pacifer… and a lollipop.I have heard enough of this and if sheen is such a star then why can’t he just let it go and go on to movies… not t.v.

• OSCAR says:

DUDE SHUT UP. AND LEARN TO FRIGGIN WRITE. HOW OLD ARE YOU ANYWAY (ACTING WAS ACTING AND LIFE WAS LIFE) LIKE 80. ALSO, YOU SEEM TO KNOW ALOT BOUT THE SHOW, FROM JUST WATCHING ONE TIME!! YOUR BETTER OFF WATCHING ¨LEAVE IT TO BEAVER AND MR. ED¨ NOW THAT WAS ACTING!!!..HUH.

• theduck says:

For the record, the show was good at one point. Charlie was more than an alcoholic womanizer, Alan wasn’t so cheap he’d embarrass Ebeneezer Scrooge, and Jake… well, he was young and cute. Unfortunately they ran out of ideas and went more for the easy jokes based on simplistic caricatures rather than finding the humor in the interaction of the characters. There are still laughs to be had, but those laughs are no longer based on characters we can care about. (And as an aside, if Chuck Lorre isn’t careful The Big Bang Theory may soon go down that same lazy road unless they stop painting all the characters in broad, one-dimensional strokes. And, as long as I’m veering off-topic, how is it that Raj could speak in front of Amy Farrah Fowler in tonight’s episode?).

• noyb says:

while i’m not of the “inbred, backwood redneck” type that the previous moron refers to, i’m quite certain CBS has appreciated the likes of me far more than you. because i’ve enjoyed this series for many seasons, i’ve proudly contributed to Sheen’s reported $5 billion revenue for the executives. thank you & you’re welcome CBS! now, CBS, you better hope that your fellow networks don’t pick up where you left off.

• CP says:

For all of you bitching about the show. You don’t have to watch it. I will definately continue to watch next season. It one of the funniest shows out there.

• Catherine says:

I’ve always loved watching Two and Half Men, last two episodes in Feb2011, not so good though.

I’ve seen Charlie Sheen’s info on websites lately. I have to say it’s taken away any empathy I had for him. Why is he acting like such a asshole and insane?????

I hope he gets help to over come whatever demons needed to be slain.
        Good luck Charlie.

• lorna says:

I don’t like it but my family does. CS is a spoiled ungrateful brat. CBS should cancel this and pick up Life Unexpected, those actors really wanted the show to go on, and dawn ostroff is an incompetent moron.

• OSCAR says:

WHAT DO YOU WATCH…..B-HILLS 90210. PLEASE…. THE SHOW IS FUNNY.

2. Bobbi says:

I wish they’d call his bluff and just cancel. It is a lousy show. They’re running a freak show at this point and the ratings are high because people are tuning in to see the monster in the cage. They need to cut the cord and let him go.

• Yasin says:

They would never cancel Two and a Half Men. It makes too much money for them, they would never risk losing that.

• Debbie says:

I absolutely hope they cancel this show for good – and I hope that folks don’t continue to hire Charlie Sheen to be a reliable actor. Maybe he can get the cameo spot on the third Hangover movie. I’ll bet people could expect the loose cannon to show for a day or two of scale pay.

3. Bobbi says:

I wish they would. They need to end this freak show. The ratings are high because people are tuning in to see the monster in the cage. Cut the cord and be done with this!

4. dee123 says:

Keep going Charlie, keep going! Hopefully the feeling on set will get so bad your woefully unfunny show will get the axe.

5. Donna says:

The fact that this show and its turdlike star continue to be popular, while a truly great show like FRINGE and its gracious and talented cast are facing cancellation, makes me want to vomit.

• matt says:

Best show ever. deal with it. quit crying you fat turd.

• Finally says:

Matt, i.e. Charlie, we get it, you are a turd. Stop writing in and pretending to be other people, we get it, you want to destroy your career. Hasta la vista, baby. Your stinkyness always shine through.

I am glad that karma is coming home to roost for Sheen and in some ways Lorre. Sheen b/c he’s just the maggot on the turd that he thinks everyone else is and Lorre for allowing such a maggot on turd to keep making the ludicrous amount of money despite his disgusting behavior and even glamorizing it on his show. They are both getting what has been coming to both of them for a long time. It’s too bad that Lorre allowed Two and Half Men to exist for as long as he has given how disgusting both his main character and star are on that show. I love, love, love the Big Bang Theory and prefer Lorre as the creator of such smart and funny shows as that.

• Chelhitch says:

It’s a funny show. It may not be the breakout fresh show it was when it started, but it’s SEASONS old and still makes us laugh! Get over yourselves, it wouldn’t have the rtgs if people weren’t watching. Your “monster in the cage” theory only holds up for a week or 2 of rtgs at best.

• Mattd says:

Still one of the best shows and still will be for time to come.
        You sound like some church freak “finally”
        Get over it and watch something else if you don’t like it
        You may rip into sheen for being idiotic but you’re the one watching a show you don’t like. Who’s the idiot really?

• JW27 says:

Fringe sucks man! Charlie Sheen is a badass, he does what he wants when he wants, smokes crack and bangs chicks!

• OSCAR says:

FRINGE!!!!!! SERIOUSLEY…FRINGE!!!!!! THEY MIGHT AS WELL PUT BACK THE X-FILES….I THINK I´M GONNA VOMIT

6. Jen says:

I think it’s a pity that as a consequence of all his drug usage and his horrible attitude towards his job that Charlie Sheen couldn’t spend a month working in a minimum wage job.

7. S says:

Regardless of Charlie Sheen’s antics (which are ridiculous), the show should have been canceled a long time ago. It’s one of the worst shows currently on TV.

8. Ericajane says:

Regardless of Charlie Sheen, Two and a Half Men should’ve been canceled a while go. It’s not funny any more and it’s past it’s expiration date. Charlie Sheen never should’ve been backed by CBS in the first place; I think it shows poor taste in the network and in the viewers who still support the show. Sheen doesn’t deserve the support any more.

9. Elizabeth says:

it’s pretty clear that I’m not this show’s target demo but it’s one of the worst things on TV.

10. xav says:

If only they would. They could put more money into advertising their other shows, get better ratings for their good shows,etc.

• Chelhitch says:

That’s not how it works. You can’t create rtgs for a show by promoting it more. If it’s bad, they won’t watch. And on the converse if they like it they will watch it. MENs rtgs are a product of ACTUAL viewers, electronically metered by NSI, and those viewership levels bring in high ad dollars. It’ll run til it doesn’t have rtgs as long as Charlie plays ball. If you don’t like it, don’t watch it. But I don’t want YOU programming a network line up… You probably thought FIREFLY sucked too.

• butbut says:

But… but… Firefly did suck. I mean it was second rate lazy sci-fi with horrible production… Dr. Who already has that position.

11. Kristina says:

I can’t for the life of me figure out why this man is still being paid to make this show. I think the show has run it’s course and Sheen is just totally off the deep end. Someone needs to do something about this and quick.

12. kingdom says:

Considering he is under contract and probably a rock solid one, usually that means some kind of play or pay clause is in there. They choose the cancel the show, they still have to pay him regardless. So for Sheen it is win-win. Sure at the rate he is going he may never get another TV show but until he burns though all his money, I doubt he is giving any thought to that.

• No Doubt says:

You can bet that Sheen’s agent made sure he is taken care of with money for a while! The folks suffering – namely the crew since Lorre has other things going – should just go out and find new gigs!

13. allie says:

At the very least they should kick off Sheen, and just call it 1 and a half men.

14. Tiffany says:

It’s time to make it one and a half men and a lotta Berta. And I’d bet that after he’s fired from the show, we won’t be seeing him in any movies…and the world will be a better place for it.

15. Larry says:

There are so many better comedies on television that deserve better ratings then this show. Just like Mel Gibson -Sheen has lost a viewer for life. If CBS continues this show after all this -then it really shows people what they really care about.

16. e says:

With the exception of The Amazing Race and The Big Bang Theory, I’ve completely stopped watching CBS. And their handling of Charlie Sheen hasn’t helped. It’s great that they tried to support their troubled star who has helped to make them a lot of money, but it’s time to cut the cord. Show some respect for the viewers – not to mention all the other individuals who have been working for years for your network.

17. Amy says:

Who watches this POS show anyway? His attitude is pathetic and it’s amazing to me people keep cleaning up his messes year after year. What about all the other people working with this show…he doesn’t give a rip about anyone. Stupid entitled brat!

18. Lola says:

I agree with Bobbi – let’s get it over with. The show is getting worse by the episode. I no longer like watching Charlie – but the Alan and Jake stuff is funny. Poor Jon Crier, he is a gem. Let’s bury this thing and let Chuck Lorre move on to create something new and funnier.

19. Lindz says:

2-1/2 Men Has never once made me laugh. It is ridiculously unfunny and Charlie Sheen cannot act anyway. Cancel the sucker and put it out of it’s misery. Who wants to work with Sheen anyway after this ridiculous rant?

• Kerry says:

Complete rubbish. If Charlie Sheen couldn’t act and the show was so rubbish then no one would watch it and there would not be a show in the first place. You don’t make that much money on a show that everyone thinks is rubbish. I personally love the show and have watched it for years. There are many more out there that agree with me as the ratings speak for themselves. There are always going to be people that don’t like it and can’t get the humour. That’s just life, we can’t all like the same thing.

20. Mikaylah says:

I don’t hate Charlie Sheen but I hope they DO cancel it. Or if not cancel it, fire him. It may not teach him a lesson (he probably would just blame everyone but himself, i.e. act like an addict), but the people who work on the show shouldn’t be subjected to him.

21. Anna says:

I’m going to hazard a guess that perhaps the majority of Charlie’s rants are as sincere as your average wrestling promo.

It sounds like he’s staging a fake feud to keep the show on everyone’s mind; and it’s working.

22. AJ says:

Calling it like I hear it: still on drugs.

• NanCeE* says:

Agree, and sounds like he’s manic. The truth is he could die any day – he’s not popping sugar pills or smoking dandelions. He just might die. Hate the show, but I don’t want him to die and hope he gets help.

23. auntie 3 says:

I think they are making a huge mistake to cancel this show, get rid of Sheen for sure. and concentrate on Alan, Berta, the mom, and Herb, and throw in a little bit of the kid. And basically stop trying to make Alan a sex object. Berta is hysterical as is the mom and Herb. They can have a much better show.

24. Kathy says:

I feel sorry for his poor children, because, clearly, the man has a long way to go when it comes to his addictions. Sad.

25. Abie says:

What. An. Ingrate.
    It’s funny that he thinks he has some kind of film career that’s just “on hold” or something. Who exactly is going to put him in a movie? And who would actually pay to go to see that movie?

26. matt says:

Charlie Sheen is my hero. But, it’s probably because were just above average and most of the posters on here are below average income people who can barely support their families. Get off your couches fat turd’s

27. Jamie says:

“I’ll go make movies with superstars and not work with idiots.” Big talk for someone who has been coasting in an unfunny sitcom for years. If Sheen is so above this why not just leave now? I’m sure David Caruso could give him a few pointers on burning bridges and expecting superstardom haha can’t wait.

28. the common man says:

I can’t believe anyone in hollywood is as rude and disprespectful as this guy, and still he gets paid over $1m per episode! I get that the show is funny and the guy is a very good actor, but if he keeps behaving like a selfish little brat, the show will get the axe, and that will not only end his run on the gravy train, but those for the rest of the cast and crew, and this is one of the top sitcoms currently in production, 8 years old and still going strong, and that is NOT just due to Charlie Sheen. Someone needs to have the talk with him that his parents clearly didn’t!

29. Joe B. says:

Poor Martin Sheen. I feel bad for him, he really loves the guy. You love your kids no matter what, even when they go off the frickin’ wall.

• Bob says:

Yes, that’s the sad part, but a parent can only do so much. Charlie is 45 now, and allegedly an adult. Dad can only work so many miracles in the poor schlub’s life.

30. em g says:

I’m among the group of folks mystified by the success of this unfunny and puerile show. Fart jokes, boob jokes, “stiffy” jokes. it seems aimed at 14 year old boys with only one well earned laugh a show. I like Big Bang Theory but find Mike and Molly unwatchable despite liking both leads.

31. CJ says:

I wonder which movie producers and “superstars” want to take a chance on this guy. And could a production even get insurance for him at this point? Might cost more than the movie’s budget!

32. Laura Mendelson says:

I absolutely Love his show I still laugh at the repeats. Which I watch every evening. I don’t care what he does in his personal life
    it’s not my business. He is getting paid to do what he does best
    make us laugh and forget our problems for a little while.

33. Btwice says:

Ok, alot seem to say yhe show sucks, its the highest rated show on TV, sands 60 minutes, reruns are a cash cow to chuck lorre, I watch it in reruns, summer, etc, or tivo it, but yup, if a new show was taped nxt week, im watching that train wreck the second it airs, crappy shows dont have the highest paid actor on tv in them, sad to say, in the world of sobriety, 1st ya gotta hit rock bottom, i hit it 22 years ago, 2 grand of coke a week, tons of weed, 4 bottles cuervo, 5 cases of beer a week, sounds like before lunch with charlie, said to say, his rock bottom….its gonna be 6 feet under, he wont see 2012….NO CHANCE

34. josepv wezt says:

He needs to grow up

35. alain says:

you guys are idiot!! he makes more money per episode then all os us!!!
    he dosent even care if they cancel the show he made 2 million per episode the last season….they wont cancel it its pure money

36. Jellicle says:

Charlie said hif they cancelled Two and Half Men, he’d go make movies with big stars. Would a sane director/producer risk cast him in an important role in a big movie? He was never a big star, not like others from his generation.

37. PJM says:

What Charlie is conveniently forgetting is The Big Bang Theory actually surpassed it in the 18-49 ratings by the end of last season. And this past week, 2 1/2 pulled a 4.2 rating, and BBT pulled a 3.8. And 2 1/2 doesn’t have to play in the lower-rated 8PM hour against Idol. He’s not a CBS juggernaut anymore.

Sheen better get wise quickly, because the world can move on just fine without him. If he wants to OD and kill himself, nobody is going to care.

38. TMQ says:

I like the show, but I think it can survive without Charlie. There must be a thousand actors who can play his part.

39. jim says:

It is a shame to see a man hooked on drugs loose control and act out.
    If he wanted out, he should have left, not renegotiate for 2 mil a week and then pull bad behavior again.
    It is true what a person does in his private life, is his business.
    But being in the public eye and being on the #1 comedy show, he has an obligation as do athletes. Act badly get punished.
    Whether or not he likes it or accepts it, he is a role model to some as some worship actors, as with athletes.
    To look at Charlie Sheen is like watching John Belushi self destruct.
    Drugs own our society, or there wold be no drug lords.
    Many people have families who are on the crew and they are stuck in the middle, where do they go?

40. nettie says:

What is unfair right now is all the staff members of the show he has jeopardized. The producers should do guest appearances with the rest of them into their other shows and let Charlie know that “life goes on with out you” and then eventually put the staff in a house next to “Mike and Molly” and get real funny.

41. hru says:

i don’t watch the show but I think after this crappola Sheen has pulled He will do well to work for or with anyone that he doesn’t finance himself, and even then will people really want to watch or pay to see it? He might just be has been..

42. Tammy says:

We watched the first few seasons on reruns during dinner time etc. and it was funny but eventually it started to sound repetitive. It was it’s best when you had a group dynamic going. We caught a couple of new episodes recently and it’s horrible now. I don’t know how it still gets the ratings it does. I think it should be put out of it’s misery and just develop a new sitcom.

43. Rachel says:

I think it’s actually kind of sad to watch Charlie Sheen at this point. Scary, too. He’s so far gone he can’t even see what’s right in front of him — success, fame, a stable job. He needs to seriously go into rehab, not this ridiculous “home rehab” that only lasts for a few days.

44. OBXConsumer says:

Where do I start? I knew Charlie Sheen had an ego problem about 30 years ago when he made the movie Navy Seals which they filmed in Virginia Beach. One of my friends, who was an extra in the movie, said that Sheen was at a bar after after work and announced to the girls in the bar “who wants to go sleep with him” and no one did. I guess there were no Playboy bunnies there that night, which are his type. I actually started to think he had redeemed himself when he started 2 1/2 men but, he must be a really good actor because his true hateful self is well hidden in that show. 2 Million per episode astounds me since I can barely make a living and I work 52 hours a week. The REAL STARS are his co-workers. He is actually mainly the straight man although he gets some great lines and his “brother and mother and Berta and Jake” steal the show.

45. Stacy says:

I was a fan of the show when it first came out and it WAS funny. But now it’s getting old. The jokes and canned laughter are wearing thin. If you think CBS can’t do with the show, consider this. Just how much longer can they turn a blind eye on Charlie Sheen? The man has a drug problem! So he gets checked into rehab and boom, he’s magically healed? LOL. How much longer can this go on until he ODs? Will CBS or those insuring Charlie want to continue taking a risk with him? The show is dying, Big Bang Theory is a much better show… but sadly I don’t think it will last as long. CS is a ticking time bomb.

46. BeeBee says:

Crack cocaine will do that to your brain.

47. OBXConsumer says:

I should have listened to the Alex Jones radio show and the actual words that C Sheen said before I made my comment – Now that I have listened to it, I am in complete agreement with C Sheen. All you see on TV is what they want you to see. Why don’t you listen for yourselves. I guess I will just buy the CD’s of 2 1/2 men for posterity like I did MEDIUM after CBC cancelled that show too. I was actually just getting into the show recently and watch it – let’s be honest – every chance I get because it makes me laugh and right now -working as much as I do just to try to keep my house after Obama and the DEMS wrecked the housing market (and our economy) that is the only fantasy I can afford to have.

48. BeeBee says:

I agree with OBXconsumer. It’s simple. We watch the show because it is hilarious. C Sheen heads the best cast on TV right now. Yes I do love Big Bang Theory also but stop trying to compare the two – they are two different things. If all you want is one show to watch, then keep your BBT. Mike & Molly is really funny too. Give it a try. It is time to get behind C Sheen and make CBS keep the show. CBS is obvously owned by someone who does not want you to hear what C Sheen has to say. The show is one thing, real life is another. CBS went behind our backs and snuffed out MEDIUM without so much as a warning and no one said anything. There are more actors’ and writers’ jobs at stake than just C Sheen. The show could easily continue for a couple of years and not get boring.

49. elizabeth thrasher broidy says:

The networks should have canned his fanny ages ago. A…the show’s not that funny, b.) he’s so lucky, he’s made him self sick and c.) who else can get away with his cocky, selfish behavior and make the kind of money he has made while instigating what at some times has been illegal(drug stuff) behavior?

if I were his producer’s, I legally ask him for money back due to all of the negativity he has brought a once successful venture.
    SICKENING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just like pro sports stars. what’s wronfg with us America for putting up with this?

50. Huge Fan of Charlie Sheen says:

I will miss it but I’ve lost interest in the show this year anyway. Jake is an annoying teen and not very funny or cute and there is only so much the talented cast can do with that. The writers have been beating a dead horse ever since they introduced the fiancees. It’s time to pay off the cast and introduce a spinoff. And Charlie can be the producer.