Exclusive

Meet the 'Freaks' of Ryan Murphy's Top-Secret Horror Story Pilot: Who Would You Cast?

Though we still may not know what exactly Glee co-creators Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk’s American Horror Story is about, we at least are beginning to find out who’ll be in the FX thriller. From the latest intel making the rounds, I can reveal that among the characters are:

Ben Harmon | Though as sensitive as a woman, this 40ish therapist is also a man’s man. (Paging Stargate: SG-1’s Ben Browder… )

Vivien Harmon | Ben’s gorgeous wife, she is a force to be reckoned with in spite of her vulnerable demeanor. (The breakdown suggests a young Susan Sarandon; I suggest Buffy alum Juliet “Drusilla” Landau.)

Violet | The Harmons’ 16-year-old daughter is a goth with more issues than a Borders magazine rack.

Tate Langdon | This 17-year-old is as dangerous as he is seductive. And not “Glee’s Puck dangerous,” either; we’re talking “Charles Manson dangerous.”

I’ve got goosebumps already. How about you? Any guesses as to what the show will actually be about — or how long it’ll be before Rob Zombie passes through as a musical guest? Sound off below!

TAGS: , , ,
GET MORE: Exclusive, News, Pilots, Scoop

1. Jason says:

Browder would be fantastic.

2. M says:

How about Jessalyn Gilsig for Vivien? She’s clearly not doing anything else right now.

• Jasin says:

I agree 1000%. Ryan needs to do right by herand get her on this show since he lost the fact that she is even on his Glee.

• AlistairCrane says:

Good idea! I feel so bad for Jessalyn..she’s a regular on Glee but clearly not treated the same as other castmembers.

3. Mile says:

I hope this keeps Murphy away from Glee so we dont have to keep seeing his awful and stupid plots to keep Blaine away from Kurt.

4. Kay says:

I hope Murphy will be busy with this project so that he won’t character assassinating Finn in Glee and turning that sweet boy into a douchebag.

5. Geo says:

Well, it’s a Ryan Murphy show, so if it follows Nip/Tuck and Glee’s trajectory, no matter how good the cast, this show ought to be good about a season-and-a-half before he begins to destroy it.

• Right On Geo says:

I think you are definitely on to something. Murphy’s shows are great out of the gate (and truly unique, for the most part) and then I think he just gets bored and moves on in his mind. I can think of a few other “creators” who are getting rather famous for being show-machines and then leaving the old ones to wither away and die slow multi-year deaths too. Do us all a favor Ryan, and get a 2-year deal for this show so you can completely map out the plan for the show and wrap it up in that period. Better yet, just map out the show with someone you trust (Falchuk is fine) and then let him run the show…

6. Rachael says:

Ben Browder for sure for the lead and what about Connie Britton for Vivien – clearly she’s got the chops and can play vulnerable/strong in turn. And I know this is an off the wall choice but for Tate I’d really like to see Jack O’Connell, he played Cook in Skins and a creepy Pikey in Eden Lake – but he can nail the teen dangerous/seductive thing without a doubt

7. Anthony Lopez says:

Rafael Rios from the film Marked would be perfect for this piece.. If they don’t pick him they’re idiots.

8. Lori says:

Ben Browder is the best emotional male actor I have EVER SEEN! He would be great!! Juliet Landau would probably be pretty good too, but I’d love to see Claudia Black in the role of Vivien. Ben & Claudia have such a fantastic chemistry, it’d be great to put them back together again…