Pilot Scoop: Jenna Elfman Eyes ABC's Bad Mom

Get More: News, Pilots, Scoop

Former Dharma & Greg star Jenna Elfman is in negotiations for the lead in ABC’s single-camera comedy pilot Bad Mom.

The project centers on Julia (Elfman), a single mother whose two kids had been raised largely by their grandmother. When Nana decides she wants to reclaim her life, Julia is forced to step up and be a parent.

Elfman’s last small-screen gig was the short-lived CBS sitcom Accidentally on Purpose.

Comments (16)

• Sure, because last time was a success.

Comment by KG – February 23, 2011 09:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No thanks. Why do people keep giving this woman a job? She’s not good to look at and I don’t get the appeal. Her shows are awful.

Comment by no jenna – February 23, 2011 10:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ve loved every show she was apart of. Accidently on Purpose deserved a secons season.

Comment by Yes Jenna – February 23, 2011 10:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • TRUE

Comment by t.t – February 23, 2011 11:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree. The first episode of AOP was not very good, so that may have turned off viewers, but the rest of the season was brilliant. It was so laugh out loud funny. I was really disappointed that it was canceled. I’ll definitely give this show a chance.

Comment by Elle Marie – March 1, 2011 12:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like the premise – but not Jenna Elfman.

Comment by Em – February 23, 2011 02:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m fine with Jenna Elfman, but can’t imagine feeling anything but contempt for the character. I know there are many reasons that grandparents end up raising kids, but they’re going to have to do some serious work to make her character sympathetic, let alone funny.

Comment by Amber – February 23, 2011 03:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So tired of single camera comedies. Bring back traditional sitcoms.

Comment by david – February 23, 2011 04:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No thanks!

Comment by debsa – February 23, 2011 06:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What else can we say?

Don’t waste your money on this. It won’t work. We promise you! Go back to the thinking table!

Comment by godzilla_foil – February 23, 2011 07:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why is Elfman in a new pilot each year? It seems strange that all of these shows would want Dharma around again… I mean Dharma and Greg was fun for a few years, but give it a rest. Thank heavens Thomas Gibson had the sense to improve his range and find a totally different type of show to be part of an ensemble. It seems like Jenna just wants to be the star all of the time and these studios are willing to give her a free pass. Very weird…

Comment by Nope – February 24, 2011 08:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jenna Elfman is not a good actress – she’s all “look at me! -look at me – I’m so cool!”

She can’t interact with other characters, just a goofy comedian that can’t share the screen.

Comment by Jeri – February 24, 2011 02:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Let’s make this happen peoples! Elfmenthe is a superstar status comeditarian! ABC really knows their 123′s. But elfmenthe as a bad mom is simple as do ra mi.

Comment by Do this – March 31, 2011 09:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m watching the pilot being filmed right now in my neighborhood. I hope it is good!

Comment by karen a – April 1, 2011 06:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love Jenna Elfman – can’t wait to see the pilot.

Comment by Kimber – April 5, 2011 05:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was approached for a survey at a mall and was paid to watch the pilot for this show. J.E. was good in it, but most of the rest of the cast fell flat – That common first episode of a comedy trap, where you don’t know the characters and you can’t relate. Hopefully they will fix it before it airs.

Comment by HGS – April 18, 2011 01:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post