Pilot Scoop: Jenna Elfman Eyes ABC's Bad Mom

Former Dharma & Greg star Jenna Elfman is in negotiations for the lead in ABC’s single-camera comedy pilot Bad Mom.

The project centers on Julia (Elfman), a single mother whose two kids had been raised largely by their grandmother. When Nana decides she wants to reclaim her life, Julia is forced to step up and be a parent.

Elfman’s last small-screen gig was the short-lived CBS sitcom Accidentally on Purpose.

TAGS: , ,
GET MORE: News, Pilots, Scoop

1. KG says:

Sure, because last time was a success.

2. no jenna says:

No thanks. Why do people keep giving this woman a job? She’s not good to look at and I don’t get the appeal. Her shows are awful.

3. Yes Jenna says:

I’ve loved every show she was apart of. Accidently on Purpose deserved a secons season.

4. Em says:

I like the premise – but not Jenna Elfman.

5. Amber says:

I’m fine with Jenna Elfman, but can’t imagine feeling anything but contempt for the character. I know there are many reasons that grandparents end up raising kids, but they’re going to have to do some serious work to make her character sympathetic, let alone funny.

6. david says:

So tired of single camera comedies. Bring back traditional sitcoms.

7. debsa says:

No thanks!

8. godzilla_foil says:

What else can we say?

Don’t waste your money on this. It won’t work. We promise you! Go back to the thinking table!

9. Nope says:

Why is Elfman in a new pilot each year? It seems strange that all of these shows would want Dharma around again… I mean Dharma and Greg was fun for a few years, but give it a rest. Thank heavens Thomas Gibson had the sense to improve his range and find a totally different type of show to be part of an ensemble. It seems like Jenna just wants to be the star all of the time and these studios are willing to give her a free pass. Very weird…

10. Jeri says:

Jenna Elfman is not a good actress – she’s all “look at me! -look at me – I’m so cool!”

She can’t interact with other characters, just a goofy comedian that can’t share the screen.

11. Do this says:

Let’s make this happen peoples! Elfmenthe is a superstar status comeditarian! ABC really knows their 123’s. But elfmenthe as a bad mom is simple as do ra mi.

12. karen a says:

I’m watching the pilot being filmed right now in my neighborhood. I hope it is good!

13. Kimber says:

Love Jenna Elfman – can’t wait to see the pilot.

14. HGS says:

I was approached for a survey at a mall and was paid to watch the pilot for this show. J.E. was good in it, but most of the rest of the cast fell flat – That common first episode of a comedy trap, where you don’t know the characters and you can’t relate. Hopefully they will fix it before it airs.