Exclusive: An Urgent Message From the Cast of Cougar Town

I initially worried about whether posting the following video would seem overly indulgent. I then let out a loud, prolonged cackle before slapping that embed code in this post.

A little exposition before you watch: The making of this video was triggered in part by news that my Cougar Town guest spot — slated for the show’s season finale — had been postponed until the fall as a result of scheduling conflicts. I know that’s usually code for something sinister, but in this case it’s really true. (Translation: They couldn’t get my trailer adequately tricked out in time.)

Anywhoo, enjoy the little slice of heaven below.

Loading video...

Tags: ,

Comments (24)

• Hilarious!! Happy Birthday to my favorite entertainment reporter!!

Comment by Shelley – February 23, 2011 10:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • When is your birthday! Happy late/spot-on/early b-day!!

Comment by JC – February 23, 2011 10:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Super cool!! Happy Birthday!

Comment by Sean – February 23, 2011 10:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • that is the coolest bday present ever. hope the rest of your bday is just as awesome!!!

Comment by jen – February 23, 2011 10:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow I did not get any famous birthday video for my 40th bday and Im special too…just kidding Happy birthday from your biggest fan from the beginning we are practically married and birthday brother and sister

Comment by sheri odom – February 23, 2011 10:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That’s insanely sweet. Bet that made you feel all warm and gooey inside.

Comment by Julia – February 23, 2011 10:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That is the best birthday gift ever. Happy birthday! And I have to echo their sentiment – thanks for the support of the show, it’s really turned out to be something great.

Comment by tvgirl48 – February 23, 2011 10:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Happy Birthday, Mikey!

Comment by Rowan – February 23, 2011 10:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Video not working. At least not for me. :-(

Comment by Drew H – February 23, 2011 11:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thanks for this! I had a ridiculously huge breakfast and was feeling bloated. This helped me to expel all those extra eggs and bacon.

Comment by Ur pal Lynette – February 23, 2011 11:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Happy Birthday to us! The only other person I’ve read about in the public sphere that shares the birthday is Suzie, the golden-hearted hooker in Steinbeck’s Sweet Thursday.

Comment by Heather – February 23, 2011 11:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Happy Birthday!! :)

Comment by Linda – February 23, 2011 11:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Umm, that is kind of awesome! I was planning on hiring a sky writer to write HAPPY BIRTHDAY along with a smoke drawn image of a Smurf above the New York City skyline for your birthday, but I guess those Cougar Town people showed me up… Oh well, there is always next year. Happy Birthday!!

Comment by Alexis – February 23, 2011 11:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Happy Birthday! 22, huh? Yea.. Right..

Comment by Allison – February 23, 2011 11:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How cool is that?!?!? Happy Birthday!

Comment by Megan – February 23, 2011 11:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That’s SOOOOO awesome! I’m very envious. Josh Hopkins is such a nice guy.

Comment by Liza180 – February 23, 2011 12:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awesome! Happy Birthday

Comment by Tara – February 23, 2011 12:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • haha that’s amazing!Happy Birthday! They obviously knew if you were in the Hawaii episode that it would be just too much awesomeness to handle. That is the real reason behind you not being in the season finale.

Comment by Allison N – February 23, 2011 12:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That is just too awesome! And Happy Birthday!

Comment by readinrobin – February 23, 2011 12:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • SO JEALOUS OF THAT. Happy birthday!

Comment by pnkl8y – February 23, 2011 01:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Happy Smurfday Mike!!! That is the best present ever!! So jealous!

Comment by ausiellogirl – February 23, 2011 02:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WOW very very cool! Glad you shared with all us!! Happy Birthday Mike you truly are the BESTEST EVER!!

Comment by Mari – February 23, 2011 06:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow! That is awesome!!!

Comment by melinda durham – February 24, 2011 11:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Michael!!!!!

Comment by cmzhang42 – February 24, 2011 04:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post