Veronica Mars Alum Lands NBC Comedy Pilot

Veronica Mars and Party Down alum Ryan Hansen has landed the male lead in the NBC comedy pilot Lovelives.

Grimm News: Prison Break Alum Joins NBC Pilot

Lovelives, from 20th TV, Chernin Entertainment and writer Chris Sheridan, is described as a sophisticated, adult multi-camera comedy about a couple, Tim and Holly, and their challenges of love and infidelity. Tim (to be played by Hansen) is an attractive and smart professor of literature at Fordham University who is less than honest with Holly.

24‘s Kiefer Sutherland To Headline Fox Drama Pilot

For Hansen, Lovelives is formally in second position to Friends With Benefits, a Peacock  series that has yet to receive a premiere date. That comedy-about-couples is for the same network (NBC) and from the same studio (20th TV) as Lovelives, making this second position as safe as they come.

TAGS: , , ,
GET MORE: Casting News, News, Pilots

1. Emily says:

Seeing Ryan Hansen as a smart character will be refreshing, but definitely weird. I’m excited all the same whenever someone from Veronica Mars shows back up on my TV.

2. Stephanie says:

Now if only Jason Dohring would return to our televisions every week!

• M says:

Yes, and if only he’d take some acting lessons before that!

• Juliet says:

What ? Jason Dohring was maybe the better actor on Veronica Mars with Bell and Colantoni..and maybe even better..i don’t understand why this guy did not get bigger..i mean as a lead on tv show or even in movies (he has the same type of charisma, range, intensity as a Ryan Gosling or Christian Bale..and he looks like a mix of young Mickey Rourke (i said YOUNG Rourke lol) and Ed Norton..maybe it is because of scientology roots..but people it is not his fault, he was borned in it..And after all Tom Cruise made a career or even Giovanni Ribisi..
        I like Ryan Hansen but Dohring is a “hit” as an actor..We have to see him in great role.

• brandinb says:

Agreed. I just saw Veronica Mars alum and I was so hoping for it to be Jason Dohring.

• Stacy says:

It would be nice to see Dohring back on TV again. But good for Ryan Hansen! I hope the show is successful for him but hopefully it won’t replace Community or Parks & Rec.

3. AlistairCrane says:

I don’t want to see the words “Veronica Mars” leading a headline unless they are followed by “movie given the greenlight”. Ok thanks!!

4. Lexi says:

Rob Thomas has said repeatedly on Twitter that making the Veronica Mars movie is out of his hands, so get over it, it’s not going to happen, and too much time has gone by now anyway. They’d be 30 year olds playing college kids. I’m thrilled that Ryan has these new shows. Now, we just need one for Jason and we’ll be all set!

• AlistairCrane says:

There’s always hope for a Veronica Mars movie, and there’s no need to set it in college anyway. Your hate is unnecessary and unwanted, Lexi.

• Lexi says:

It’s not hate. I campaigned for the movie just as hard as anyone, for months. It’s out of the creator’s hands though, sadly, and the WB has already said they aren’t interested. Shouldn’t the actors be allowed to move on?

• Lexi says:

It’s not hate. I campaigned for the movie on Twitter just as hard as any fan, for months, but it’s out of RT’s hands and the WB has said they aren’t interested, either, sadly. Shouldn’t the actors be allowed to move on?

5. Brynna says:

You gotta stop headlining these articles with VERONICA MARS, it just gets me way to hopeful and then it’s a total let down. Although I am happy to see him getting his own show.

6. wally says:

GO Ryan….

7. Aiden says:

Now if only this new show also gets Kristen Bell, Jason Dohring, and Enrico Colantoni, and Rob Thomas on board..and if they changed the concept of this show to a quick-witted teenage P.I. out to solve mysteries in Neptune, California.

8. Heather says:

A professor, hmm? I didn’t think he could be pull it off until I saw the picture. Ditching the surfer boy hair definitely helps, but hmm. Hmmmmmmmm!

Good for him, though.

9. TheDude says:

Hahahaha @ Dick Casablancas playing a professor of literature.

10. Kris says:

Isn’t this article about Ryan Hansen’s new show? I understand he was awesome in Veronica Mars, but that’s not really what this article is about. If people don’t care about the actors unless they make the VM movie, why are they even bothering to comment?

Trolls . . .

I’m happy the Ryan has a new series! He’s talented and awesome and he deserves it!

• Becky says:

It is about Ryan … and I’m totally stoked that he’s getting a new show! He’s a talented actor and deserves all the good things that come his way! If the VM movie happens, then great, but I’m glad Ryan put himself out there and snagged what looks like a great role!

11. Becky says:

I think it’s great that Ryan has a show. While I certainly am wishing and hoping for a VM movie, I will also continue to support the actors in whatever roles they land … I certainly don’t expect them to sit on their fine butts and wait for the VM movie … good job Ryan for landing what looks like an awesome role!!!!

12. Silvia says:

We want a Veronica Mars movie. Please write to VeronicaMarsMovie@warnerbros.com

13. Dianna says:

I know Ryan is not Dick Casablancas, and I know he’s an actor, BUT until I see act as a professor & convince me he’s not Dick, I’ll still only see Dick Casablancas. I am really happy for Ryan & excited about his new show…I’d also like a Jason Dohring & Enrico show ;-)

14. fiona says:

So happy to be able to see more of Ryan Hansen! He is a great actor! Can not wait!