Veronica Mars Alum Lands NBC Comedy Pilot

Get More: Casting News, News, Pilots

Veronica Mars and Party Down alum Ryan Hansen has landed the male lead in the NBC comedy pilot Lovelives.

Grimm News: Prison Break Alum Joins NBC Pilot

Lovelives, from 20th TV, Chernin Entertainment and writer Chris Sheridan, is described as a sophisticated, adult multi-camera comedy about a couple, Tim and Holly, and their challenges of love and infidelity. Tim (to be played by Hansen) is an attractive and smart professor of literature at Fordham University who is less than honest with Holly.

24‘s Kiefer Sutherland To Headline Fox Drama Pilot

For Hansen, Lovelives is formally in second position to Friends With Benefits, a Peacock  series that has yet to receive a premiere date. That comedy-about-couples is for the same network (NBC) and from the same studio (20th TV) as Lovelives, making this second position as safe as they come.

Comments (24)

• Seeing Ryan Hansen as a smart character will be refreshing, but definitely weird. I’m excited all the same whenever someone from Veronica Mars shows back up on my TV.

Comment by Emily – February 22, 2011 06:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Now if only Jason Dohring would return to our televisions every week!

Comment by Stephanie – February 22, 2011 06:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes, and if only he’d take some acting lessons before that!

Comment by M – February 22, 2011 07:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • What ? Jason Dohring was maybe the better actor on Veronica Mars with Bell and Colantoni..and maybe even better..i don’t understand why this guy did not get bigger..i mean as a lead on tv show or even in movies (he has the same type of charisma, range, intensity as a Ryan Gosling or Christian Bale..and he looks like a mix of young Mickey Rourke (i said YOUNG Rourke lol) and Ed Norton..maybe it is because of scientology roots..but people it is not his fault, he was borned in it..And after all Tom Cruise made a career or even Giovanni Ribisi..
        I like Ryan Hansen but Dohring is a “hit” as an actor..We have to see him in great role.

Comment by Juliet – April 7, 2011 09:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed. I just saw Veronica Mars alum and I was so hoping for it to be Jason Dohring.

Comment by brandinb – February 22, 2011 07:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It would be nice to see Dohring back on TV again. But good for Ryan Hansen! I hope the show is successful for him but hopefully it won’t replace Community or Parks & Rec.

Comment by Stacy – February 22, 2011 07:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t want to see the words “Veronica Mars” leading a headline unless they are followed by “movie given the greenlight”. Ok thanks!!

Comment by AlistairCrane – February 22, 2011 07:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Rob Thomas has said repeatedly on Twitter that making the Veronica Mars movie is out of his hands, so get over it, it’s not going to happen, and too much time has gone by now anyway. They’d be 30 year olds playing college kids. I’m thrilled that Ryan has these new shows. Now, we just need one for Jason and we’ll be all set!

Comment by Lexi – February 22, 2011 07:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • There’s always hope for a Veronica Mars movie, and there’s no need to set it in college anyway. Your hate is unnecessary and unwanted, Lexi.

Comment by AlistairCrane – February 22, 2011 08:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • It’s not hate. I campaigned for the movie just as hard as anyone, for months. It’s out of the creator’s hands though, sadly, and the WB has already said they aren’t interested. Shouldn’t the actors be allowed to move on?

Comment by Lexi – February 22, 2011 08:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • It’s not hate. I campaigned for the movie on Twitter just as hard as any fan, for months, but it’s out of RT’s hands and the WB has said they aren’t interested, either, sadly. Shouldn’t the actors be allowed to move on?

Comment by Lexi – February 22, 2011 08:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • There’s no point in giving up until the movie gets made. Either get out of the way or shut up!

Comment by AlistairCrane – February 23, 2011 07:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You gotta stop headlining these articles with VERONICA MARS, it just gets me way to hopeful and then it’s a total let down. Although I am happy to see him getting his own show.

Comment by Brynna – February 22, 2011 09:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • GO Ryan….

Comment by wally – February 22, 2011 09:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Now if only this new show also gets Kristen Bell, Jason Dohring, and Enrico Colantoni, and Rob Thomas on board..and if they changed the concept of this show to a quick-witted teenage P.I. out to solve mysteries in Neptune, California.

Comment by Aiden – February 23, 2011 02:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • A professor, hmm? I didn’t think he could be pull it off until I saw the picture. Ditching the surfer boy hair definitely helps, but hmm. Hmmmmmmmm!

Good for him, though.

Comment by Heather – February 23, 2011 05:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hahahaha @ Dick Casablancas playing a professor of literature.

Comment by TheDude – February 23, 2011 07:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Isn’t this article about Ryan Hansen’s new show? I understand he was awesome in Veronica Mars, but that’s not really what this article is about. If people don’t care about the actors unless they make the VM movie, why are they even bothering to comment?

Trolls . . .

I’m happy the Ryan has a new series! He’s talented and awesome and he deserves it!

Comment by Kris – February 23, 2011 08:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It is about Ryan … and I’m totally stoked that he’s getting a new show! He’s a talented actor and deserves all the good things that come his way! If the VM movie happens, then great, but I’m glad Ryan put himself out there and snagged what looks like a great role!

Comment by Becky – February 23, 2011 08:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think it’s great that Ryan has a show. While I certainly am wishing and hoping for a VM movie, I will also continue to support the actors in whatever roles they land … I certainly don’t expect them to sit on their fine butts and wait for the VM movie … good job Ryan for landing what looks like an awesome role!!!!

Comment by Becky – February 24, 2011 12:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • We want a Veronica Mars movie. Please write to VeronicaMarsMovie@warnerbros.com

Comment by Silvia – February 27, 2011 06:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I know Ryan is not Dick Casablancas, and I know he’s an actor, BUT until I see act as a professor & convince me he’s not Dick, I’ll still only see Dick Casablancas. I am really happy for Ryan & excited about his new show…I’d also like a Jason Dohring & Enrico show ;-)

Comment by Dianna – February 27, 2011 07:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So happy to be able to see more of Ryan Hansen! He is a great actor! Can not wait!

Comment by fiona – March 1, 2011 10:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post