It's Official: Kiefer Sutherland To Headline Fox's Drama Pilot Touch

Kiefer Sutherland is clocking back in to primetime.

The 24 star has closed a deal to star in the Fox drama pilot Touch, from Heroes creator Tim Kring. The project centers on a father (Sutherland) who discovers that his autistic, mute son can predict events before they happen.

Because of Sutherland’s duties on Broadway, where he currently stars in a revival of Jason Miller’s That Championship Season, Touch will start production in late May-early June after he fulfills his commitment to the play.

Kring wrote the project, his first pilot script since Heroes. Charles McDougall, who has helmed the pilots for Desperate Housewives, The Good Wife and, most recently, The Chicago Code, is in talks to direct.

TAGS: , ,
GET MORE: News, Pilots, Scoop

1. Lindsay says:

The Good Wife is CBS not ABC.

2. joe says:

The countdown is on now to see when his character says dammit

3. AJ says:

lol. The fact Tim Kring is still getting work is yet another one in Fox’s long list of terrible, pop-culture damaging decisions.

• AJ Part II says:

There is nothing wrong with Tim Kring, his big boo-boo on Heroes was how he handled the strike. He went with option B when he should have gone with Option A. They should have just left season 2 on a cliffhanger for that whole strike, and then picked things back up in the fall, instead they rushed the ending which then wrote themselves into a corner from which they never fully recovered. I don’t have a problem with Kring in general, he and his producers just displayed some bad decision making on that one. Both Heroes and Crossing Jordan, overall, were good shows .

4. Spell Check says:

Why are there always so many typos in things that Nellie reports on?

• realityck says:

I know it can be irritating to see errors in an article, but realize that these submissions are usually called into someone to post. Maybe that person needs to be critiqued.

5. Doug says:

“Holster your weapon!”

6. Romulo says:

Dammmmm it Kring!!! LOL

7. Meh says:

If Tim Kring is behind it I ain’t watching it.
    With his pretty shocking track record on Heroes, I can’t imagine it’ll be any good, even if they’ve got Kiefer starring.

8. Steven says:

KRIIIIIIINGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!
    ^Star Trek reference FTW.
    But I’ll give it a shot, I loved Crossing jordan beginning to end.

9. Don J says:

I really didn’t want to watch and support another Tim Kring project, but now that Kiefer signed on, I’ve changed my mind. Kiefer is a phenominal and very intelligent actor. I don’t think he would have signed on to this show if the script sucked or if he didn’t see potential for the series. Now this raises a problem for the 24 movie. He was just on Regis and Kelly today and said they hope to start filming in January. If they are still shooting “Touch”, then I don’t see how he can do it.

10. Geo says:

Well, 24 fans might find solace in that, since it’s a Tim Kring show, it’ll feel like each episode lasts 24 hours, even though the actual running time is 43 minutes.

11. Lorie says:

I’ll check out any new show that includes Kiefer.

12. Paul says:

Get me the President. DAMMIT!

13. Scott A says:

As long as Kiefer’s new endeavor with “Touch” isn’t another boring fear-mongering show for right-wingers like “24” was, I’ll give it a shot. Kiefer’s a great actor and his talent is wasted in badly scripted, unrealistic, and inhuman shows like the last one he was on. By the way, if you want to watch a great Kiefer movie you probably never heard of – watch “Crazy Moon”.

14. Apelwood says:

I hope his autistic son doesn’t get stuck in the woods being chased by a cougar.

• catmom says:

LOL-nearly spit out my tea! Can’t wait to see Kiefer on TV again. Mondays just aren’t the same.

• KeiferRules14 says:

Spit out your tea? Really? OK…
        Anyway I’m going to try this new show. I mean, sure Kring has had some bad endings to other shows, but I agree with other comments that his productions weren’t bad from the beginning, he just made some bad decisions at the end. I loved Crossing Jordan and if Keifer is in Touch, then of course I’m going to watch it. Keifer would never be in a series that he didn’t think was going to be successful or that he thought was badly written.

15. amy says:

This show is gonna be awesome kiefer wouldn’t sign on if it wasn’t

16. JB says:

Chloe!!! Make it happen!!!!!

17. shirl tucker says:

i can not wait i love anything kiefer does will it be on will it be mondays they just ain’t the same love you kiefer

18. ry says:

I want Jack Bauer back. no dramas allowed

19. PAL'S PALPABLE says:

HEY GUYS SHOW SOME LOVE, WILL YA?

20. SpiroC says:

It would be epic if the writers threw in some 24 parody references. Maybe at the school tuckshop someone could say “Oh my God that’s Jack Bower, he’s coming after MEATLOAF”

21. wale says:

Well Kiefer is my Number favourite actor so I definately have the believe that New upcomig Series it gonna be good as hot

22. Jack Bauer's fan says:

Jack Bauer will be in the next 24 season season 9.this time He’s gonna hunt Osama Bin Laden,then shoot him in the head.hehehe !!!

23. Annette says:

Look, I am going to keep this simple. In Grenada, half way across the world, we love Keifer and will watch anything he’s in. 24 is the bomb. Can’t’ wait to see what the Sutherland has for us. I hope he can still do 24. He’s a workhorse, so I am sure he’ll manage.

24. steve says: