It's Official: Kiefer Sutherland To Headline Fox's Drama Pilot Touch

Get More: News, Pilots, Scoop

Kiefer Sutherland is clocking back in to primetime.

The 24 star has closed a deal to star in the Fox drama pilot Touch, from Heroes creator Tim Kring. The project centers on a father (Sutherland) who discovers that his autistic, mute son can predict events before they happen.

Because of Sutherland’s duties on Broadway, where he currently stars in a revival of Jason Miller’s That Championship Season, Touch will start production in late May-early June after he fulfills his commitment to the play.

Kring wrote the project, his first pilot script since Heroes. Charles McDougall, who has helmed the pilots for Desperate Housewives, The Good Wife and, most recently, The Chicago Code, is in talks to direct.

Comments (40)

• The Good Wife is CBS not ABC.

Comment by Lindsay – February 22, 2011 07:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The countdown is on now to see when his character says dammit

Comment by joe – February 22, 2011 07:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • or “i give you my word” lol

Comment by Heath – June 16, 2011 09:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • or ” I can see it in his eyes ;)”

Comment by Denise – June 18, 2011 08:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • or “within the hour”

Comment by Wills – August 6, 2011 06:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • YES! 24 till the end.

Comment by Owen – September 8, 2011 09:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • But is Kim in it?

Comment by Faith – September 23, 2011 07:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • lol. The fact Tim Kring is still getting work is yet another one in Fox’s long list of terrible, pop-culture damaging decisions.

Comment by AJ – February 22, 2011 07:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • There is nothing wrong with Tim Kring, his big boo-boo on Heroes was how he handled the strike. He went with option B when he should have gone with Option A. They should have just left season 2 on a cliffhanger for that whole strike, and then picked things back up in the fall, instead they rushed the ending which then wrote themselves into a corner from which they never fully recovered. I don’t have a problem with Kring in general, he and his producers just displayed some bad decision making on that one. Both Heroes and Crossing Jordan, overall, were good shows .

Comment by AJ Part II – February 22, 2011 12:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • i loved crossing jordon

Comment by shirl tucker – March 9, 2011 09:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why are there always so many typos in things that Nellie reports on?

Comment by Spell Check – February 22, 2011 07:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I know it can be irritating to see errors in an article, but realize that these submissions are usually called into someone to post. Maybe that person needs to be critiqued.

Comment by realityck – October 11, 2011 11:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “Holster your weapon!”

Comment by Doug – February 22, 2011 08:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dammmmm it Kring!!! LOL

Comment by Romulo – February 22, 2011 11:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If Tim Kring is behind it I ain’t watching it.
    With his pretty shocking track record on Heroes, I can’t imagine it’ll be any good, even if they’ve got Kiefer starring.

Comment by Meh – February 22, 2011 11:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • KRIIIIIIINGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!
    ^Star Trek reference FTW.
    But I’ll give it a shot, I loved Crossing jordan beginning to end.

Comment by Steven – February 22, 2011 12:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really didn’t want to watch and support another Tim Kring project, but now that Kiefer signed on, I’ve changed my mind. Kiefer is a phenominal and very intelligent actor. I don’t think he would have signed on to this show if the script sucked or if he didn’t see potential for the series. Now this raises a problem for the 24 movie. He was just on Regis and Kelly today and said they hope to start filming in January. If they are still shooting “Touch”, then I don’t see how he can do it.

Comment by Don J – February 22, 2011 12:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well, 24 fans might find solace in that, since it’s a Tim Kring show, it’ll feel like each episode lasts 24 hours, even though the actual running time is 43 minutes.

Comment by Geo – February 22, 2011 12:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ll check out any new show that includes Kiefer.

Comment by Lorie – February 22, 2011 12:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Get me the President. DAMMIT!

Comment by Paul – February 22, 2011 07:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • As long as Kiefer’s new endeavor with “Touch” isn’t another boring fear-mongering show for right-wingers like “24″ was, I’ll give it a shot. Kiefer’s a great actor and his talent is wasted in badly scripted, unrealistic, and inhuman shows like the last one he was on. By the way, if you want to watch a great Kiefer movie you probably never heard of – watch “Crazy Moon”.

Comment by Scott A – February 22, 2011 07:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • cant find kiefer ever in a movie with this title
      can you give more info?

Comment by lynda rose – March 1, 2011 11:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Crazy Moon [DVD] [1986]: Amazon.co.uk

Comment by theafau – April 4, 2011 10:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • 24 is the best show ever not a boring fear-mongering show. How many times have you saved the world? Jack Bauer has done it 9 times

Comment by Pablo S – April 27, 2011 04:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Couldn’t agree with you more. 24 was one of the best shows ever and always kept you wanting more.

Comment by ozzy6380 – May 8, 2011 05:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • absoloutly, 24 is the best film tv series ever! as simple as that

Comment by Will T – May 29, 2011 09:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Absolutely as simple as that, 24 was the best series EVER and Kiefer is a phenomonal actor!

Comment by Kiefersgal – November 10, 2011 12:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope his autistic son doesn’t get stuck in the woods being chased by a cougar.

Comment by Apelwood – February 22, 2011 09:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • LOL-nearly spit out my tea! Can’t wait to see Kiefer on TV again. Mondays just aren’t the same.

Comment by catmom – February 23, 2011 11:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Spit out your tea? Really? OK…
        Anyway I’m going to try this new show. I mean, sure Kring has had some bad endings to other shows, but I agree with other comments that his productions weren’t bad from the beginning, he just made some bad decisions at the end. I loved Crossing Jordan and if Keifer is in Touch, then of course I’m going to watch it. Keifer would never be in a series that he didn’t think was going to be successful or that he thought was badly written.

Comment by KeiferRules14 – April 22, 2011 07:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This show is gonna be awesome kiefer wouldn’t sign on if it wasn’t

Comment by amy – March 5, 2011 07:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Chloe!!! Make it happen!!!!!

Comment by JB – March 8, 2011 02:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i can not wait i love anything kiefer does will it be on will it be mondays they just ain’t the same love you kiefer

Comment by shirl tucker – March 9, 2011 09:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I want Jack Bauer back. no dramas allowed

Comment by ry – April 14, 2011 03:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • HEY GUYS SHOW SOME LOVE, WILL YA?

Comment by PAL'S PALPABLE – April 29, 2011 03:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It would be epic if the writers threw in some 24 parody references. Maybe at the school tuckshop someone could say “Oh my God that’s Jack Bower, he’s coming after MEATLOAF”

Comment by SpiroC – May 5, 2011 07:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well Kiefer is my Number favourite actor so I definately have the believe that New upcomig Series it gonna be good as hot

Comment by wale – May 13, 2011 03:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jack Bauer will be in the next 24 season season 9.this time He’s gonna hunt Osama Bin Laden,then shoot him in the head.hehehe !!!

Comment by Jack Bauer's fan – May 14, 2011 08:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Look, I am going to keep this simple. In Grenada, half way across the world, we love Keifer and will watch anything he’s in. 24 is the bomb. Can’t’ wait to see what the Sutherland has for us. I hope he can still do 24. He’s a workhorse, so I am sure he’ll manage.

Comment by Annette – May 28, 2011 10:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post