Glee Preview: Things Get Funky… and Drunky!

Get More: Glee, Interviews, Previews

Tonight’s Glee (Fox, 8/7c) is all about the McKinley High crew gettin’ their drink on — and that includes Mr. Schuester and his lovely date, the Beiste.

“Will (played by Matthew Morrison) and the Beiste go out to some bar and end up doing some singing — and a little bit a drinkin’!” Dot-Marie Jones tells TVLine of the aptly-titled episode, “Blame it on the Alcohol.”

A Burt-Free Glee? Mike O’Malley Clears the Air

This particular installment of Glee is extra special to Jones for one specific reason — the vocals! Believe it or not, “Alcohol” marks Beiste’s first musical number since the actress joined the hit series.

“Matthew and I are singing ‘One Bourbon, One Scotch, One Beer,’ and it was so much fun because I’ve never sang before,” Jones shares with a laugh. “I always told [the Glee producers] that I’m no Mariah Carey, but I can carry a very small tune. In my lifetime, I’ve never expected to be saying, ‘I’m going to the recording studio.’”

Glee Exclusive: Kathy Griffin, Loretta Divine to Guest Star

Jones also advised fans of Beiste and her budding friendship with Mr. Schue not to fret. Just because football season has come and gone doesn’t mean we’ve seen the last of the sports nut.

“I imagine she’ll be the coach of some other sport now,” Jones offered. “And my and Matthew’s characters are becoming really good friends. I love the sweet relationship we’re developing.”

Don’t miss Glee this Tuesday at 8/7c, and take a non-Beiste-related peek of the episode below:

Loading video...

Comments (16)

• Love their friendship, I definitely hope she will help him with the Emma situation.

Comment by Maggie – February 22, 2011 02:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Beiste is the best thing happened this season.

Comment by lll – February 22, 2011 02:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NOT excited about tonight’s “very special bisexual episode”.

Comment by AlistairCrane – February 22, 2011 02:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah, we know already, Alistair. Kissing a girl doesn’t make Blaine straight. He’s still gay.

As a bicurious girl with a massive crush on Darren Criss, I’m excited about this one.

Comment by Tor – February 22, 2011 02:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Hahaha I’m straight, but I have the biggest crush on Darren EVER as well, so hearing that this episode may focus on him more makes me very excited. AND the fact he’s drunk is hilarious as well. ;D

Comment by Haley – February 22, 2011 03:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • See, Alistair? Nothing to worry about.

Comment by Tor – February 22, 2011 06:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • You’re part of the problem. Tonight’s episode was designed for girls like you who can’t accept that Blaine is GAY.

Comment by AlistairCrane – February 22, 2011 07:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Shut up. Seriously. People like you are the reason the Glee fandom is such a bitch to be a part of.

Comment by H. – February 23, 2011 10:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What the french. Why wouldn’t Mercedes go the party if everyone else didn’t go? She and Rachel have had at least one slumber party together and they’re “friends”. This is an aspect of the show that gets on my nerves. It’s like no one has a memory and no one learns life lessons, ever.

Comment by Jess – February 22, 2011 03:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree the continuity isn’t really a strong point here, but I think I get this one. A sleepover is one thing, but going to, and more importantly, being seen at someone’s party is something else. In a high school like McKinley, it could affect your social currency.

Or maybe I’m just desperate for this show to make sense, either way.

Comment by Tor – February 22, 2011 03:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Because imagine how awkward it would be for someone to say they were having a house party and then you were the only person to show up. Besides, it takes most high schoolers 3 or 4 mistakes to learn a life lesson, unless it’s something big, like a teen pregnancy or something

Comment by Bre – February 22, 2011 03:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes Glee has MAJOR continuity issues. Remember she was bff’s with Quinn too (they even lived together!) and now they never speak. Glee, I love you, but I really wish you wouldn’t drop story lines.

Comment by Lizzie – February 22, 2011 04:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Lizzie, how could you? Glee is nothing if not a stellar example of continuity. Like tonight, Kurt was angry & indignant at Blaine for questioning his sexuality simply because Blaine never had a boyfriend. This is completely continuous with season 1 storylines because Kurt has never, ever questioned his sexuality, and certainly not at Sue’s suggestion that, having never had a boyfriend, he may be confused. And he never, ever, EVER wore flannel & sang Mellencamp. And Burt has NEVER caught Kurt making out with Britney S. Pierce & reacted by just letting them continue. Because if that had happened, Kurt would have brought it up in tonight’s kitchen scene & used it as an example of his father’s hypocrisy. See?

Comment by Amy – February 22, 2011 09:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Was anyone else appalled by their treatment of the bi sexual storyline? Kurt basically said that they don’t really exist, and the show made no effort to offer up a counterpoint to his argument.

Comment by january – February 22, 2011 10:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Honestly…a lot of gay men have that viewpoint…so his opinion was pretty spot on with the mass opinion

Comment by Chris – February 22, 2011 11:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes, but that doesn’t mean that it’s right.

Comment by january – February 23, 2011 10:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post