Glee Preview: Things Get Funky... and Drunky!

Tonight’s Glee (Fox, 8/7c) is all about the McKinley High crew gettin’ their drink on — and that includes Mr. Schuester and his lovely date, the Beiste.

“Will (played by Matthew Morrison) and the Beiste go out to some bar and end up doing some singing — and a little bit a drinkin’!” Dot-Marie Jones tells TVLine of the aptly-titled episode, “Blame it on the Alcohol.”

A Burt-Free Glee? Mike O’Malley Clears the Air

This particular installment of Glee is extra special to Jones for one specific reason — the vocals! Believe it or not, “Alcohol” marks Beiste’s first musical number since the actress joined the hit series.

“Matthew and I are singing ‘One Bourbon, One Scotch, One Beer,’ and it was so much fun because I’ve never sang before,” Jones shares with a laugh. “I always told [the Glee producers] that I’m no Mariah Carey, but I can carry a very small tune. In my lifetime, I’ve never expected to be saying, ‘I’m going to the recording studio.'”

Glee Exclusive: Kathy Griffin, Loretta Divine to Guest Star

Jones also advised fans of Beiste and her budding friendship with Mr. Schue not to fret. Just because football season has come and gone doesn’t mean we’ve seen the last of the sports nut.

“I imagine she’ll be the coach of some other sport now,” Jones offered. “And my and Matthew’s characters are becoming really good friends. I love the sweet relationship we’re developing.”

Don’t miss Glee this Tuesday at 8/7c, and take a non-Beiste-related peek of the episode below:

Loading video...
TAGS: , , ,
GET MORE: Glee, Interviews, Previews

1. Maggie says:

Love their friendship, I definitely hope she will help him with the Emma situation.

2. lll says:

Beiste is the best thing happened this season.

3. AlistairCrane says:

NOT excited about tonight’s “very special bisexual episode”.

• Tor says:

Yeah, we know already, Alistair. Kissing a girl doesn’t make Blaine straight. He’s still gay.

As a bicurious girl with a massive crush on Darren Criss, I’m excited about this one.

4. Jess says:

What the french. Why wouldn’t Mercedes go the party if everyone else didn’t go? She and Rachel have had at least one slumber party together and they’re “friends”. This is an aspect of the show that gets on my nerves. It’s like no one has a memory and no one learns life lessons, ever.

• Tor says:

I agree the continuity isn’t really a strong point here, but I think I get this one. A sleepover is one thing, but going to, and more importantly, being seen at someone’s party is something else. In a high school like McKinley, it could affect your social currency.

Or maybe I’m just desperate for this show to make sense, either way.

• Bre says:

Because imagine how awkward it would be for someone to say they were having a house party and then you were the only person to show up. Besides, it takes most high schoolers 3 or 4 mistakes to learn a life lesson, unless it’s something big, like a teen pregnancy or something

• Lizzie says:

Yes Glee has MAJOR continuity issues. Remember she was bff’s with Quinn too (they even lived together!) and now they never speak. Glee, I love you, but I really wish you wouldn’t drop story lines.

• Amy says:

Lizzie, how could you? Glee is nothing if not a stellar example of continuity. Like tonight, Kurt was angry & indignant at Blaine for questioning his sexuality simply because Blaine never had a boyfriend. This is completely continuous with season 1 storylines because Kurt has never, ever questioned his sexuality, and certainly not at Sue’s suggestion that, having never had a boyfriend, he may be confused. And he never, ever, EVER wore flannel & sang Mellencamp. And Burt has NEVER caught Kurt making out with Britney S. Pierce & reacted by just letting them continue. Because if that had happened, Kurt would have brought it up in tonight’s kitchen scene & used it as an example of his father’s hypocrisy. See?

5. january says:

Was anyone else appalled by their treatment of the bi sexual storyline? Kurt basically said that they don’t really exist, and the show made no effort to offer up a counterpoint to his argument.

6. january says:

Yes, but that doesn’t mean that it’s right.