Exclusive

Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Vampire Diaries, Greek, Parenthood, HIMYM, Glee and More!

Got a scoop request? An anonymous tip you’re dying to share? Just want to say hi? You can send any/all of the above to askausiello@tvline.com

Question: Any Glee spoilers? — Randall
Ausiello:
The Grim Reaper, of all people, will be crashing Regionals! Rumor has it someone will sing their swan song just prior to the big competish. And to say the tragedy has a significant impact on the long-awaited event is big freakin’ understatement.

Question: Got any scoop on The Vampire Diaries? —Ellie
Ausiello:
Thursday’s episode is not to be missed. It boasts two deaths, one super-romantic Matt/Caroline scene, and — in the hour’s final minutes — a doozy of a twist.

Question: I know you’re not at liberty to divulge the song list for the Grey’s Anatomy musical episode, but could you possibly confirm to us often-disappointed Meredith fans that she does have a solo in the episode? —Jackson
Ausiello:
While Sara Ramirez, Kevin McKidd, Chandra Wilson and Chyler Leigh are the episode’s primary songbirds, Ellen Pompeo does do some warbling. My guess? Meredith serenades Derek in the “super-cute” elevator scene EP Shona Rhimes recently teased via Twitter.

Question: Please tell me they’re not writing Jasmine off Parenthood! I so want to see her with Crosby. Any scoop on their relationship? —Lisa
Ausiello:
Crosby will realize that the key to winning back his fiancée lies inside that vision-of-the-future doodle she presented to him at their marriage prep session a few weeks back. (You know, the one with the dream house with bars on the windows and the half-dozen demon spawns running around the yard.) Well, he’ll bring that horrific picture to life in a last-ditch attempt to salvage their relationship. Now that’s love.

Question: Got any scoop on the March 7 series finale of Greek?! —@TurboMeg via Twitter
Ausiello:
Stock up on Puffs Plus Lotion (with the scent of Vicks) ’cause you’re going to be bawling till your tear ducts dry out and your nose falls off. I screened the episode over the weekend and I have to give props to the creative team for ending on an emotionally satisfying high note. Highlights: There’s one (or is it two?) long overdue hookup, a pitch perfect bookend-y scene between sibs Rusty and Casey, and an answer to one of the show’s biggest mysteries: What the hell is Cappie’s real name? (If you guessed ******* **** **** *****, congrats, you were right!)

Question: Will Frannie appear on Greek before the show ends? —Amy
Ausiello:
Yes, the witch (played once again by Tiffany Dupont) touches down in the penultimate episode on Feb. 28 and immediately extends an olive branch to her still-steaming-mad ZBZ sisters. And this particular olive branch has a name: Justin Bieber. (BTW, Cappie’s reaction to seeing Frannie again is priceless.)

Question: What’s the latest on Brothers & Sisters‘ chances for a sixth season? —Anthony
Ausiello:
In what can only be viewed as encouraging news, producers are treating the May closer as a season finale as opposed to a series finale. Still, it probably couldn’t hurt to add your name to the Save B&S campaign on Facebook.

Question: Any news on what’s coming up on The Good Wife? —Marissa
Ausiello:
The best hour of the series to date, that’s what. According to a really Good insider, next Tuesday’s episode is all that and a bag of Baked Lays. Not only does it showcase a memorable guest turn by Lost‘s Ken Leung (playing a man who was tortured after he made disparaging remarks about the Chinese government on a Facebook-like site), but it also features a dramatic development in the race for state’s attorney. Oh, and I almost forgot: A pivotal character makes his/her final appearance (and it’s not the person I mentioned in last week’s AA).

Question: Very happy to hear Michael J. Fox will be returning to The Good Wife later this season. Any intel on what brings him back? —Richard
Ausiello:
I hear it involves the firm’s ousted founding partner, Jonas Stern, which can only mean one thing: Trouble.

Question: Can you confirm reports that NCIS will be introducing Ziva’s secret CIA boyfriend Ray later this season? —Rose
Ausiello:
Not only can I confirm those reports, but I can toss in a few extra details as well. Ray arrives in this season’s 20th episode and is described as a handsome, charming, intelligent federal agent of Mediterranean or Latin American descent. He has a strong, nice-guy demeanor but — I’m quoting from the casting notice here — “there’s a hint of a mystery behind his smile.” The role is currently up for grabs, so if you’ve got suggestions drop ‘em in the comments!

Question: Been getting the vibe from NCIS that they’re going to be leading up to something big for the finale. Any scoop on what’s to come? —Kerin
Ausiello:
I hear the season will end with a big, splashy serial killer arc.

Question: How many episodes of How I Met Your Mother is John Lithgow (a.k.a. Barney’s pa) scheduled to be in? —Chris
Ausiello:
Initially, it was just supposed to be the one (airing March 21). But EP Carter Bays says the erstwhile Trinity Killer “had such a fun time we booked him for another episode,” this one slated to run in May. And whereas his first episode was emotional (it features the big father-son reunion after all), his follow-up will be “a fun little story of him spending a night in Barney’s world. He’ll get to experience the world of Barney Stinson.”

Question: I need some Law & Order: SVU scoop! Benson needs some love! Anything good coming up in her future? — Heather
Ausiello:
Depends on how you define “good.” She at least has a juicy case coming up. Does that count? She and her partners in crime fighting will soon be trying to solve the murder of a Richie Rich who’s made it his mission in (his abbreviated) life to impregnate as many women as humanly possible. The method behind his madness? Hole-y condoms!

Question: Any scoop on Justified? —Brandon
Ausiello:
Now that they’re living under the same roof together, Boyd and Ava will begin to grow closer. “I think that they end up really getting to know who each other is,” says Ava’s portrayer, Joelle Carter, “and respecting that, and being there for each other.” Annnnd…? “Annnnd…. I’m not sure what happens after that!” she hedges. (No worries. Walton Goggins recently painted a pretty graphic picture for us!)

Question: Can you give us any scoops on Hellcats? —Maria
Ausiello:
Marti sets out to find her long-lost dad, only to discover that he’s Lauren Graham’s ex on Parenthood! At least he sounds like John Corbett’s deadbeat dad character. Rex Perkins is described as an aging rocker with a long history of alcohol and drug abuse. MIA for Marti’s entire life, the now-clean-and-sober ex-con reconnects with his daughter in Hellcats‘ season finale.

Question: I am patiently waiting for any Drop Dead Diva news. Is Grayson dead? —Diana
Ausiello:
Nah, but the nasty run-in he had with that car in the final seconds of the season 2 finale left him with a major headache — and I mean that literally and figuratively. (Pssst: The dude’s got retrograde amnesia!)

Question: OK, I’ll bite: Who’s tying the knot on 90210 later this season? —Jeremy
Ausiello:
The bride is Ivy and the groom is… a spoiler.

Question: I’m officially on board with Dan/Blair on Gossip Girl. Any scoop? —Sam
Ausiello:
This Just In: The unlikely pair have scored yet another high-profile endorsement (mine being the first, natch). “I’m all for it,” raves costar Connor Paolo (Eric). “Penn [Badgley] and Leighton [Meester] are very talented actors, so once you put them in a scene together you’re going to get a lot of chemistry. People were all up in arms about the prospect of a Dan/Blair relationship just because they have such loyalty to Chuck and Blair. However, now after seeing them together on screen people are being won over.” Couldn’t have said it better myself.

That’s a wrap! Please send questions, comments, and anonymous tips to askausiello@tvline.com. Also, you can keep track of my scoops on Twitter via @MichaelAusiello. Thanks for playing!

1. mimimoon says:

What, nothing about Bones?

2. Vanessa says:

Wait, what? Ivy?! What?

3. Tay2lor says:

ONE OF THEM IS GONNA DIE FROM DRINKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. jasin says:

All I can say is they better not kill of JESSALYN GILSIG character Terri on Glee. That would have major rammifications on the glee club. Even though Will and Terri are divorced I think it would still be devastating for him.

5. S says:

Dan and Blair aren’t enough to bring down a show. Are you kidding me? If anything its the horrible writing and sl with Serena all the time and Chuck’s and Nate’s just a prop. IMO Dan,Blair and Eric are the only thing worth watching on GG.

As for TVD. Why would anyone want Matt killed off? …I love Matt. I love Tyler too but just cause some of you want him with Caroline doesn’t mean Matt needs killed.

• all in the ratings says:

all that has been pimped and slammed down our throats is db. look at ratings. it’s all their. 4 series low all with db featured. not hard to see what is not working.

6. Jessica says:

Oh no! The fanatic GG fans have migrated over here!

As for the Grey’s scoop, I’m confused about the “often-disappointed Meredith fans” part. Are Meredith fans disappointed this season and why? I like Meredith too, but I wouldn’t say I’ve been disappointed. What I am disappointed about is that Grey’s has ruined my favorite couple, Callie and Arizona, by making Callie pregnant with Mark’s child. I miss seasons 5&6 C/AZ, not season 7’s where they have been written OOC.

7. S says:

I’m a fan of Meredith and MerDer and once a hardcore fan of GA and I can say I am disappointed …. in the show, the couple and the character of Meredith. They screw over her character, the couple and the writing for the show has gone WAY down hill since last season except for the finale.

8. Sarah says:

Dan and Blair.!!I thought I would never like them together!! I guess I’m over Blair and chuck because chuck is also with some other girl so far in this season…

9. Jasonbres says:

It has got to be Terri! After all, she has not been on the show in a while and there is no reason for her to be.

10. anonymous says:

“In what can only be viewed as encouraging news, producers are treating the May closer as a season finale as opposed to a series finale.”

That could be more of an indication of TPTB’s arrogance than B&S’s chance of survival. They have been pretty dismissive about the possibility of cancellation.

11. Jeanne says:

Yay I’m excited to see Barney’s dad on HIMYM!

12. lisa says:

Ausiello, I get that you like Blair/Dan, I totally respect it, but come on, stop pimping them. Not everybody is loving them or being won over by them. Unlike your post about the ratings, gg last ratings for women demos were series second lowest, and they only increased because last week (series lowest) was Valentine Days. So please ausiello, say you love dair whatever you want but stop trying to force them on us. I mean, Connor comment was not even a spoiler. I just find sad how you look more like a biased fan than a real profesional. Since the show came back from hiatus the ratings just keep dropping. Stop pretending DB is saving the show or making it better to everybody UGH

13. Mooshki says:

I don’t care one way or another about Chuck, but Dan is a pu$$y, and Blair is WAY too good for him. The idea of those two having good chemistry is almost as absurd as the idea of Penn Badgley being a good actor.

14. writers have jobs for a reason says:

It’s called drama for a reason. Someone ought to slap some sense into some of you. “True” fans of a show, don’t just bail or leave because the writers try something new. If GG wants to try something, let them, its called taking a risk, sometimes they pay off and sometimes they don’t, and its just entertainment. Get over yourselves people. Maybe you should just read a book instead. It will never change or evolve and clearly thats what your simple minds are looking for.

• E says:

Actually, the only reason these writers have jobs is because the network hasn’t found anything “flashy” enough to replace it with yet. Network needs to get on that STAT because the show is flatlining and has already jumped the shark at least four times. I honestly believe that the success Gossip Girl originally garnered was not from Josh Schwartz or Stephanie Savage, but from Felicia Henderson. After the writer’s strike, she disappeared from the writing/producing team, and so did the decent storylines. And when you think about it, this show wouldn’t even exist if it wasn’t for Cecily. They stole her characters and are making money off of them, meanwhile getting away with the most horrendous storylines and character fallacies possible, all because they think they’re immune to cancellation. I’ve yet to see these writers try anything “new.” I keep seeing the same storylines being rehashed over and over again, and they constantly rip off ideas from films like An Affair to Remember and The Philadelphia Story instead of coming up with their own material. And don’t kid yourself. This show doesn’t evolve, it continually regresses. It’s frustrating to see something you’ve invested a lot of time into go to hell, especially when you know you could come up with better storylines that actually make sense.

15. robinepowell says:

I’m glad to see that Crosby is going to make an attempt to get Jasmine back. He doesn’t realize, but he’s following in his father’s footsteps, with the cheating. Maybe Jasimine will get her September wedding after all.

I’m wondering about one thing. Have we seen the last of Amber and Drew’s father? I liked John Corbin (what I saw of him) and hope he returns, soon.

Saw tonight’s episode, Asperger’s has come out of the closet. Now let’s see how Adam and Kristina explain this to Max.

• Lo says:

Ironically, I think Crosby and Jasmine will end up being really good for each other. They’re moving too fast, hence the friction, and both have tons of growing to do. But it could make for great TV to watch them grow together.

I would love to see Seth come back at some point. Is he coming back this season?

16. Tom says:

Who’s leaving The Good Wife?? Peter perhaps?

17. tom says:

whos leaving the good wife?? Peter perhaps?

18. tom says:

Who’s leaving The Good Wife? Peter perhaps?

19. tina says:

hi will anne and liam ever get back togther

20. Alice says:

What if Pavarotti dies? lolwut

21. Sarah says:

RE: Parenthood. I don’t like the way that’s sounding… Jasmine was a superb*tch to Crosby and SHE’s the one who needs to apologize to him! He was totally right about never being allowed to make decisions, even though he might have gone about it the wrong way, which he’s already apologized for! UGH!

• JD says:

absolutely agree. when she intentionally took Jabbar out of town last week so that he would miss Max’s party it was completely spiteful. She was trying to hurt Crosby, but his entire family and especially Jabbar were affected by her selfishness. she shouldn’t be using Jabbar to punish him. it was HER fault in the first place that he didn’t even meet his son until he was 5 years old. and i feel like she’s still punishing him for that. i’m starting to think that the real reason she didn’t tell Crosby about his son for so long was so that she could 100% control the situation without having to listen to anyone else’s ideas about it. she was not shown favorably last week. i haven’t watched this week’s episode yet, but unless she gets some therapy and becomes less selfish and stubborn, she shouldn’t be marrying anyone.

• Jennifer says:

I agree with you guys!!! I was SO happy when Crosby finally stood up to Jasmine. She treats him like a child and not an as equal. It is demeaning and condescending. I’m not a fan of her character. She kept Jabbar from Crosby and then insists on making every decision herself, not even considering Crosby’s input. I would love to see Crosby date Gabby and Jasmine to go AWAY. They can share custody, it’s done all of the time. Jasmine is a control freak and I feel like Crosby should be with someone who respects him and doesn’t try to change him. Not everyone is the white picket fence type…let him be who he is. You cannot go into a marriage or relationship trying to change someone. Accept them for who they are or get out.

• Jennifer says:

Oh and Adam needs to STFU! I am so tired of his (and his wife’s) holier than thou attitude, telling everyone what to do and how to be perfect. What kind of a brother is that? He is so selfish sometimes and acts like he sacrifices for everyone else, meanwhile it’s all about him.
        I love this show lol!

22. Magically Suspicious says:

Any chance you can tell me what the major plot points of the Grey’s Anatomy musical episode will be so I can skip the episode all together? Otherwise, I see my fast-forward finger getting a cramp.

23. Debbie says:

My hope is that the person who is leaving from The Good Wife is TAMMY!

24. jmd says:

heres an idea…the death on glee could be shelby? that would effect rachel as well as quinn and puck…

25. YEAH says:

Uh, those series low ratings episodes on GG (all DB) really show Db as being great………..yeah Mike, we’re really buying how “popular” they are and how “everyone” likes them. Seems more are avoiding the fail of GG and this pairing. You are acting like a tool.

On a better note- can’t wait for TVD!

26. Leigh says:

Mike–

End the Dan/Blair lip service. It’s PATHETIC & unprofessional. The show is SINKING in large part because of the Dan/Blair story arc. However, the show as a whole SUCKS right now. Personally, I feel it’s lost its heart–CHAIR is GG’s Heart & Soul. I just cannot stomach anything on GG right now. It holds ZERO interest for me without Chuck&Blair!! And, fess up about the ratings, they have DROPPED significantly since the show returned from winter hiatus in BOTH total viewers & key demo…SERIES LOW RATINGS in fact. And, the current story arcs & lack of CHAIR airtime/interaction all play a BIG role!!

27. JR says:

How about covering some other shows instead of the usual GLEE, HIMTY, & Goosip Girl? I’d like to see some Breaking Bad, Spartacus, & Dexter

28. LH says:

Sorry but the Dan/Blair arc is too ridiculous & OOC for words!!! They’re are so dull & lifeless a batch of dynamite couldn’t generate a spark there. They are sucking the life out of the show & GG is bleeding viewers. All the demos are down since GG returned. “Dair” is helping to sink the show. The other story arcs are pretty lame as well.
    Fact is, CHAIR drives the show–always has & always will. When CB returns full force, so will the viewers. GG has to give the viewers a reason to tune in again. The current arcs aren’t doing it. CHAIR will–of that fact I have NO doubt!! CHAIR FTW!!!

29. Jackie D says:

As long as it’s not Blaine, I’m good. Honestly, Darren Criss is the best thing that ever happened to that show

30. Michael says:

Worst AA EVER!! There wasn’t a single question answered about a show that isn’t for teenage girl wannabe pop stars, teenage girls that want to fall in love with famous people, or for people who are already in a diaper.

31. Jessica says:

I think something bad will happen to someone in New Directions because I think Kurt needs to return to the Glee Club and if they lose a member they’ll have to forfeit if they don’t have a stand in. Either that or Karofsky comes out as loving the Glee Club and stands in but its more likely whatever happens will bring Kurt back to where he belongs. Heres hoping!

32. all in the ratings says:

GG- like people said look at ratings. they are at their worst in this series history and db is all they slammed down the viewers throats. wake up and smell the failure.no matter what this guys agenda all he’s saying is bs and numbers back it up. people don’t watch because of db I certainly stopped.

TVD- i just want elana and damon scenes and i’m good :)

NCIS- when will tony and ziva ever admit they like each other?

33. Tool says:

Ausiello has turned into JS and SS’s tool on GG stuff. 2nd lowest rated episode this past week in this shows run.Shouldn’t be surprised, you called last years finale amazing. What are they paying you? I don’t like DB so don’t tell me I do.

Smallville- Where’s my Clois?

I can’t wait for the twist on The Vampire Diaries!

• Tess says:

Maybe it should read like a kids book for him to understand GG right now:

See GG

See GG push DB

See fans deciding not to watch at all

See DB on screen

See ratings fall

34. julia says:

Oh please people GG has always had bad ratings (when you think that some shows much more smart and complex like Veronica Mars were cancelled by this network whereas the ratings were not worse..).
    Let them write a fresh storyline with Blair and Dan (which for once could make his character somewhat more interesting) and bring back together Blair and Chuck after that (let them also write a little Blair’s scheme revenge against Chuck in order to make them again equals for their reunion arc) and in the meantime they have to write an INTERESTING, EXITING arc for Chuck alone !

35. Chip says:

For Ziva’s bf Ray – I’m thinking of a guy who played another “Rey” Benjamin Bratt

36. Marco Piazzo says:

All I can say is that if Karofsky is the one who kills himself, they will have wasted a very talented actor and frighteningly, they will manage to send a very twisted message to gay teens; if you’re conflicted about your sexuality you have no other option but to kill yourself. Besides, it would be a complete 180 from the Karofsky characterization in the Superbowl ep. Plus, the ‘expulsion then suicide’ would be a pathetic rehash of ‘Furt’. If they wanted to have him kill himself, which it seems they don’t, if we’re taking RM’s words at face value, they should’ve done it then. Sorry to annoy you, but the Karofsky suicide idea is Stupid with a monumental S.

Oh, and Dair DO have chemistry, and lots of it.

37. Nic says:

I’m thinking it might be Holly. She’s on for 2 more episodes in which she gets closer to Will, and the Glee club really liked her so it would get them down.

38. Jace says:

I honestly hope Ziva gets killed. They ruined her character in season 6. Enough is enough.

39. rhiannon says:

please please please spill about who Ivy is marrying in 90210! x

40. Savannah says:

Cappie’s real name: Captain John Paul Jones. Misson: SUCESS

41. rhiannon says:

I’m a big “Ivy” 90210 fan, im dying to know whats going to happen after the wedding. spoiler?

42. nell hartz says:

Suggestions for the role of Ray, Ziva’s CIA dude on NCIS: Benjamin Bratt–though he may be a weeeee bit old!

Ian Anthony Dale would be good,because I surely don’t see The Event hanging in there unless it has some serious shockers.

Erik Palladino

John Leguizamo

43. Karen says:

Re: Ziva’s CIA boyfriend

How about Mark Consuelos!

44. Nina says:

I think it could be Shelby, although I hope it isn’t… would her death have a big impact? Maybe Quinn and Puck would take Beth back? You know, there has been pictures of Mark Salling on set with a baby :)
    But I’m just guessing here :P