Ratings: A Good Friday for Most Shows

It was a very good Friday, ratings-wise, for most scripted shows this week.

In terms of percentage gains, Supernatural led the pack with a 15 percent bump in total viewers (scaring up 2.26 million of ‘em) and a 24 percent surge in the demo, hitting a solid 1.0. Also in the 9 o’clock hour, Fringe (4.06 mil/1.5) thumbed its nose at that nagging bubble by noting gains of 10 and 7 percent, respectively.

Supernatural First Look: Sam and Dean Morph Into Jared and Jensen

CBS’ The Defenders (8.52 mil/1.3) scored increases of 8 and 17 percent, while lead-out CSI: NY led its time period with 10.62 million viewers (up 10 percent) and a 1.8 rating (up 16 percent).

The Eye’s Blue Bloods (11.1 mil/1.6) returned to its Friday home as the night’s most watched program, yet with numbers down 10 and 30 percent from its most recent Wednesday test-drive.

The only scripted program to not net a week-to-week gain in total audience was Smallville, which with 2.2 million viewers dipped 5 percent.

1. Michael says:

Smallville also increased in demos.

2. tonya says:

Didn’t Supernatural go down a lot in the second half-hour? That’s not good.

• timotey says:

No, the drops were marginal. SPN went down from 1.1 to 1.0 (SV went from 0.9 to 1.0) and lost only 70k viewers, going down from 2.29 to 2.22 which is nothing, really.

• Fringe Fan says:

Exactly, I don’t get why “a solid 2.26″ it’s somehow better than Fringe’s 4.06 million viewers and 1.5 for the coveted 18-34 demographic.

• DT says:

No one is claiming that. For the CW achieving SPN’s achieving solid 1.0’s in adults 18-49 and 18-34 is very good news. Second, The CW has different standards for success than Fox. For the CW getting anything 1.0 or higher in A18-49 is fantastic. Third, Fringe got 1.5 in A18-49, which would be fantastic if the show was on The CW and 1.2 in A18-34 which is still good or at least ok for Fridays.

Let’s celebrate that SPN and Fringe don’t seem to pulling Live + SD viewers from each other – on average – since SPN’s return and Fringe faced “new” competition. Both shows are co-existing nicely at the moment. ;)

3. Mcat says:

When will we know for sure if Fringe gets another season? This waiting is killing me!

4. AlistairCrane says:

Yay Supernatural!!! It is the best show on Friday nights.

5. Nat says:

Great news for Supernatural. Now where is that official word on the renewal? I need a reason for a party:)

6. raelee514 says:

Yay for SPN and Fringe!!!

7. michael says:

PLEASE don’t cancel these shows after Smallville is gone I will need Supernatural and Fringe to carry on. Haha

8. JohnDoe says:

Fans of Fringe have to keep watching it live on Friday nights to keep it going! Keep the show we love up and running!

9. Michelle says:

Great news for Fringe!!!!! I’m not worried about SPN; Dawnie will renew it. It’s not like she’s got anything else, right? ;)

10. Cass says:

Good news for FRINGE! I’ve been pestering everyone I know to watch it, and watch it live.

11. Carrie Ann says:

Yay for “Supernatural” and “Fringe”!! I love both shows and I really wish they weren’t on at the same time.

12. Dan says:

I had been missing Fringe until I realized that in the TV no man’s land known as Mountain Time, it competes with Smallville. Sorry S-ville, but I’ll catch you online later this week. Loving Fringe!

13. peggy says:

It was nice having “Blue Bloods” back on Friday night. My Wednesday is too full with other shows.

14. Alicia says:

Supernatural rocks. I am a huge fan, and glad to see the ratings going up for SPN.

15. Kelly says:

I love Fringe. This week’s episode was a favorite of mine. Loved Walter and Peter/Our Olivia.