Supernatural First Look: Watch Sam and Dean Morph Into Jared and Jensen!

In what is sure to go down as Supernatural‘s meta-iest hour to date, next Friday’s episode transports Sam and Dean to an alternate reality where their names are Jared Padalecki and Jensen Ackles and they star in a little TV series called Supernatural. As evidenced by the following preview clip, confusion and hilarity abound.

Loading video...

Comments (237)

• Also- did anyone else notice the girl screaming in flames on the ceiling was neither Jess nor Mary? In fact she kinda looked like the woman who plays Lisa. . .

Comment by beccabennie – February 20, 2011 10:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It was lisa! its what dean saw was he was hullucenating (dont know how to spell that) and he was feeelind guilt and saw the same thing that happened to sam and their mom, happening to ben and lisa. But it didnt actually.

Comment by emily – February 27, 2011 06:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is going to be one of my favorite episodes, I can tell. I can hardly wait till Friday.

Comment by Lilia V. – February 20, 2011 10:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Supernatural is my absolute favourite show but this is seriously jumping the shark. This breaks my heart :(

Comment by Ella – February 20, 2011 10:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Supernatural is AWESOME!!!!!! I watch it every chance i get free in the mornings!! Sam and Dean (Jared and Jensan) are really good actors in Supernaural too. I knowthere have been a couple of shows that just made me cry at the end when Deam or Sam would be crying lol.

Comment by janna – February 21, 2011 04:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awesome!!! *-*

Comment by Hingrid Akad – February 21, 2011 08:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Marvelous is d right word 2 use

Comment by Austin bel – February 21, 2011 12:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is probably the most awesome thing ever. Supernatural, I frickin love you.

Comment by kathryn – February 21, 2011 12:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love this idea, but the one thing ive wanted to see since like the 2nd season is Sam and Dean changing bodies. I think it would be hilarious them making fun of each other like that, just a thought that i would love to see happen before this season is over :P

Comment by Kiki O'Hara – February 21, 2011 02:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • that does sound like a really funny and intresting idea!

Comment by emily – February 27, 2011 06:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t know how people are complaining about this. I’ve never seen a single second of this show but I think this sounds hilarious. Why not? Other shows have done episodes where the ‘break the forth wall’ but it looks like this is bulldozing the fourth wall then setting it on fire.

I’m a wanna-be writer so I’m gonna watch this just to see how it plays out. Sounds cool to me.

Comment by matt – February 21, 2011 04:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think my fav episode of all time was changing channels lmfaooo. It was a good laugh and I hope this epi is the sameish

Comment by Amy – February 21, 2011 08:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • every show as its label and this meta-play is what supernatural is known for. so for those who dont like it kill your tube and go to sleep. if your watching super since its first season you will see that a lot of the plot try to infuse different tones of reality… i dont know but for me this is done to jump-start feedbacks after 2 or 3 grueling eps with the same tone. and its quite effective. see the guys above they are hovering on something they only see in a less than a minute episode trailer. no matter what this guys behind the supernatural thinks i’am sure i can trust them not to go wrong. because they’re the only show that can wrap entertainment in a complete package.

Comment by jag – February 21, 2011 10:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Here’s to hoping we get a guest apperance from one Jeffery Dean Morgan! :D

Comment by Casey – February 21, 2011 10:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • this season really hasn’t meet my expectations as much as i hoped it would.Oh, believe me this is still my show and i have it tagged on my t.v for every friday. I love Jensen he is the most finest man i have ever seen. Actually they are both excellent actors. This season they do seem to be leaning more twoards Jared instead of Jensen which is no big deal of course but at least make it good!!! I’ve been lost and confused alot this season I just hope that this season is adding up to something that brings it all together next season!!!!!

Comment by jenny – February 22, 2011 09:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • People have to remember this season has to start a new story arc. Think of it like this, Season 5 ended a plot about the Apocalypse. You can’t continue with a an apocalyptic plot when there is no apocalypse.

Anyway, I’ve been satisfied with this season thus far. Soulless Sam plot was great. Now we dive in to “Hell remembering Sam”/Rapheal’s revenge/ and Mother part. Seems like a lot to cover. But I figure the Sam plot will tie in to one of the two.

Comment by david – February 22, 2011 09:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This episode is going to be great! It looks a little reminiscent of
    “Changing Channels” which was hilarious and still managed to focus on the over-arching storyline. Hopefully “The French Mistake” can do the same!

Check out my review of Mannequin 3: The Reckoning at http://lastweekon.blogspot.com/2011/02/about-supernatural-mannequin-3.html

Comment by Sofia – February 22, 2011 12:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I suppose it doesn’t hurt airing this right afterSmallville’s comedy episode…..should be fun!

Comment by Don Kiddick – February 23, 2011 02:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Supernatural! What they do is make a bunch of serious episodes you know, then they throw in a good funny one every once in a while, it keeps it funny and entertaining. I can’t wait for this episode!

Comment by Hayley – February 23, 2011 12:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Season 6 is getting better and better all the time. I think Sera Gamble has done a great job coming up with new plots which seem to me to be good continuations from season 5, cos I wasn’t sure SPN could come back after that so sad ending – anyway, REALLY REALLY looking forward to this ep and also what it reveals about plot lines. Jensen is always awesome, looking forward to the (bad) acting – should be hilarious, but intrigued about the tragic parts?
    … only 36 hours or so to go…

Comment by Laney123 – February 24, 2011 08:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • it is the best show ever made !!

Comment by Rhiannon – February 24, 2011 01:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Does anyone know when this episode is going to air on cwtv.com??

Comment by Jade – February 26, 2011 05:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i love supernatural so much! this is the best episode ever! im such an obsessed fan, and since im so young, i hardly can say some of this stuff, and im talking 6th grade young. this episode is the best and i love seeing the boys kick angel (was it an angel? oh well) but. but i cant believe all the producers died! i dont get it. anyway, i love this show and i love Jared (Sam), and Jensen (Dean), and Jim (Bobby), and MISHA!!!!!!!!!(CASTIEL!!!!!!!!) and i love SUPERNATURAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by emily – February 27, 2011 06:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What is the name of this episode and what season are we up to again? I want to download it on itunes? Best episode ever!

Comment by Adora – June 28, 2011 05:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post