Exclusive

Supernatural First Look: Watch Sam and Dean Morph Into Jared and Jensen!

In what is sure to go down as Supernatural‘s meta-iest hour to date, next Friday’s episode transports Sam and Dean to an alternate reality where their names are Jared Padalecki and Jensen Ackles and they star in a little TV series called Supernatural. As evidenced by the following preview clip, confusion and hilarity abound.

Loading video...

1. mick harward says:

This show is great. I am a late bloomer to it but I have to admit I watch re-runs on TNT everyday and dvr it on fridays. That just proves how outgoing I am and how much I get out. BTW? How do they find so many beautiful girls for the show. Its really cool to see real normal non-mud duck (makeup like bondo) female actors. I am just enjoying it while it lasts. It seems like all the great shows are cancelled way to soon. As long as its on I will be unable to Ignore it.

2. Stacy says:

121 comments, and unless I missed it, no mention of Xena doing this type of episode a few times? Do I win the nerd award?

3. Buerrin says:

I want to see it! No! I have to see it! :D

4. Tatev says:

This episode seemed to be the greatest one.They are amazing.Cool episode

5. Lizzy says:

Well, I have an open mind about most thing of quality if they ever go outside the box – so I’m looking forward to it…. and as for Sara Gamble’s ideas, I’m sure she would quote Dean “Driver chooses the music, passenger shuts their piehole!” :-)

6. Carrie says:

The preview looks awesome. I’m looking forward to this episode.

7. Rachael says:

I like it that this show is not afraid to experiment and meta-plots or moments at least have a long pedigree – Shakespeare used them a lot. While I am not suggesting Supernatural is in the same league as the Bard’s work, it has been consistently entertaining and intelligent. I am looking forward to the episode, even though I have to wait a long time for it here in the Uk.

8. Fallen89 says:

This is going to be amazing!! Its crossing the lines of normal television! This is how TV should be…EPIC!!!

9. coban ılhan says:

Anyone have a better link, this video takes forever to load.

10. Sharon says:

Cant wait to see this episode and all the rest. Does anyone know when season six will be airing in the uk,seemto have been waiting a lifetime!

11. Afeu says:

Hahaha why Dean is angry?? lol He likes everything about films and holliwood! ))) Just remembered old ep about Holliwood… hahaha

12. Melody says:

Nothing better than Supernatural with a heaping dose of funny. I’m there!!

13. Jane says:

I’m not sure if I have to love or hate this. I began watching the show because of the 40 minute horror stories with classic rock songs after all. Not for the massive amount of bro-love and drama. But the chancing channels ep was really funny so I guess we just have to see what comes out :3 Castiel/collins is there too it seams, that would be enough reason to watch anyway :D

14. rain_1975 says:

they’re robbing the fandom blind… this season is like watching fanfics coming alive. they could at least give the rights to the legit writers.

15. Mace Moneta says:

This was actually done before in an episode of The Twilight Zone, ‘A World of Difference’ over 50 years ago:

16. Sam 1981 says:

If there is anything that SPN does very well, it’s the lighter, humour filled episodes. Like the ode to Groundhog day ep. that was an amazing episode that cut away from all the serious stuff just long enough to not make the serious stuff seem boring. Can’t wait to see this episode :)

17. CJ says:

I’ll admit, I was intending to skip this ep since metas have never appealed to me (I haven’t cared for any of the previous attempts), but this really does look promising. “They put makeup on us. Those bastards!” LOL! Oh, Dean.

18. Claire says:

Awww… The writers have run out of plot! What a shame.

19. Soi says:

I am so excited for this episode. I love all the crazy things this show can do and still remain awesome. I don’t think there’s one episode I don’t like :)

20. cassi says:

This is hilarious! One of the best previews/promos the CW has ever done for Supernatural! I can’t wait for this episode!’…and by real life we mean on television, of course…’

21. Ryan says:

I love it. Supernatural has had a very ‘meta’ feel to it since around the 4th season, which I’ve always found absolutely hiarious. And to all naysayers who claim this is going too far, remember that one of the biggest plot twists of the series revolved around Sam and Dean being thought of as fictional characters by a Man (God?) writing about their adventures.

I guess Chuck just got a TV deal.

22. Bridget says:

In the immortal words of Rick Castle: “This is so meta.” I’m looking forward to this episode, as is the rest of my family.

23. Loretta says:

I think it’s going to be hilarious. I hate it when “fans” piss and whine about an ep that hasn’t even aired yet.

24. Rowen says:

I can’t wait to see Misha being himself, I hope he does something silly like his real life goofy self

25. Mike says:

Actors playing a role while Acting at playing themselves in real life… I’m my own grandpa??? Love the show.

26. Jimmy says:

If not for this show, I’d never see the CW logo. Jumping the shark? Eh, sometimes rivals act as shills and post on forums… Kinda like it’s common knowledge that movie critics who get wined and dined by producers go to websites like rottentomatoes and pretend to be people who just loved a movie. And you sometimes can tell that’s what you’re reading. You know? Someone just plain doesn’t like Supernatural. It does have a different personality from the usual on CW.

• MIkeL says:

yea its the only CW show I watch.. I didn’t know about this show for years because I never tune in, and the few times I caught a min or so I thought it was Smallville or something. But then I discovered it and got hooked.

27. tinkerbell says:

Love this show. I have been watching it since it began. Cant wait till the next episode.

28. ladonna fisher says:

I think it’s gonna be great,I cant wait for next Friday to get here!
    I think it will be so hilarious, especially when they see ruby Jared’s actual wife! Hopeful for season 7!

29. O says:

AWESOME! Can’t wait!!

30. angel says:

My boys.umm. yummy…..

31. raelee514 says:

I can’t wait, this episode is going to so awesome. Jared and Jensen as Sam and Dean as Jared and Jensen — heh. Jared’s wife there, who they see as Ruby, Misha as Misha…. I can’t wait!

32. MsDeanWinchester says:

Holy cow! Can’t wait! It’s going to be epic! ;)

33. Dennis says:

At first I thought wow this is strange but it will be interesting to see if they can pull this off! If it’s great – can’t wait for the episode where Jared & Jensen become Sam & Dean on a show called Supernatural! OBTW this is the best show on TV!!!

34. clyde says:

I love supernatural but some time they should just stay on track. I just wonna know whos` side death is really on. When will michel and lucifer get out, who was the creepy chick they sacrificed that virgin for,and how long will it be before that wall in sams head comes down and what all happened to him down their for that year and a half.

35. Arkham258 says:

I often view Supernatural as the spiritual successor to Buffy and Angel and some of the most critically lauded episodes of those two shows involved them doing crazy stuff like this. There was the silent movie episode of Buffy and Angel’s puppet episode just to mention two examples

36. tina says:

I think this season has definitely been different. But come on people supernatural has never let us down, and if they have then I guess you’re not a fan.

37. angel says:

if awesome and epic had a torrid romance and 9 months later epic gave birth… this episode would be that child. lol.

38. Tricky says:

gosh i just love this show. it still amazing to me every episode i seem to love it more. does anyone know if this season 6 boxset might be out by christmas? i am with the others that love how this show pushes the boundaries. and please by series end please give these boys something other to live for than each other and hunting. like a family, kids…for dean i like lisa and ben. it would be cool to have ben end up deciding on his own to pursue hunting and start studying in that direction, this would bring lisa and dean together to try and protect him. dean could end up having the family back he had with them and mentoring ben. if the boy decides to go after this on his own who better to train/protect him than dean and sam? it would be nice for sam to have a love interest…maybe a female hunter they encounter on their journey. like i said by series end. with a few episodes devoted to build up of the relationships(dean is way ahead with this). i would also love to see an episode (monster of the week) about the ghost of jack the ripper. that would be most awesome! a chance for some CGI scenes of london! SUPERNATURAL NOW AND ALWAYS KICKS IT IN THE ASS!

39. MaryAnn says:

I love this show. If you follow each week you know these guys are also very funny when not hunting down monsters or ghosts. I can’t wait for Friday night!

40. MaryAnn says:

Oh also does everyone realize the actress who played Ruby in the series is Jared’s real life wife? She appears in this episode as ‘his wife’

41. ErixN says:

Wow… this preview makes me really nervous. I will watch because I love Supernatural, but like someone said this will be a love it or hate it episode. I hope there is a reason why they’re doing this episode and not doing it just do it. Supernatural usually (not always) does a good job with these episodes, so I’ll wait and see.

42. cacusc98 says:

Cannot wait! This looks hilarious!

43. Amanda S says:

I CAN’T WAIT FOR THIS EPISODE!!! I’M SOOOOOO EXCITED!!!!!!!

44. Tawrens says:

Gee a lot of the recent eps are reminding me of a letter I sent Kripke which some ideas I had for SPN fanfic. One included people meeting via the dream world and another was the mention of a SPN version of the story A Visit To A Weird Planet in which Shatner, Nimoy and Kelley traded places with their characthers from Star Trek the original series. Well I did say he could use any idea he found interesting and I guess he did. Unfortunately this ep plays strictly for laughs and I wished they’d play a little more seriously. I don’t believe Misha Collins is such a wimp that he’d cry when assualted. He may just give the guy what he wants but cry?

45. Vanessa Serrano says:

I can’t wait to see it!Jensen,Jared and Misha have such good humor and I can’t wait to see them joking with their real lives and twisting it with the story of the show,if Eye of the Tiger was superb ;THIS IS AWESOME!!!

46. Chris says:

I can’t wait for this episode it looks really funny! I love the show when they do silly episodes like this. Anyone remember the episode with the faeries and Dean getting arrested and yelling at same to get the faeries. I DVR’d it and had to watch over again a couple of times because I couldn’t get it out of my head. I love this show!

47. Jen says:

This looks hilarious. And so, so silly.

Looking forward to Friday!

48. lilitha says:

ajjajajjajjajaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    MUERO POR VERLO

49. beccabennie says:

I can’t wait for this. To all the nay-sayers- this is just SPN carrying on a tradition of an over silly ep followed by the dramatastic (yes that is a word dammit!) stuff coming up. I can’t wait to find out what Death was eluding to and how the Mother of all monsters fits into it, but in the mean time I will laugh myself silly at these three cornballs.