Supernatural First Look: Watch Sam and Dean Morph Into Jared and Jensen!

In what is sure to go down as Supernatural‘s meta-iest hour to date, next Friday’s episode transports Sam and Dean to an alternate reality where their names are Jared Padalecki and Jensen Ackles and they star in a little TV series called Supernatural. As evidenced by the following preview clip, confusion and hilarity abound.

Loading video...

Comments (237)

• This show is great. I am a late bloomer to it but I have to admit I watch re-runs on TNT everyday and dvr it on fridays. That just proves how outgoing I am and how much I get out. BTW? How do they find so many beautiful girls for the show. Its really cool to see real normal non-mud duck (makeup like bondo) female actors. I am just enjoying it while it lasts. It seems like all the great shows are cancelled way to soon. As long as its on I will be unable to Ignore it.

Comment by mick harward – February 18, 2011 09:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 121 comments, and unless I missed it, no mention of Xena doing this type of episode a few times? Do I win the nerd award?

Comment by Stacy – February 18, 2011 09:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I want to see it! No! I have to see it! :D

Comment by Buerrin – February 18, 2011 11:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This episode seemed to be the greatest one.They are amazing.Cool episode

Comment by Tatev – February 18, 2011 11:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well, I have an open mind about most thing of quality if they ever go outside the box – so I’m looking forward to it…. and as for Sara Gamble’s ideas, I’m sure she would quote Dean “Driver chooses the music, passenger shuts their piehole!” :-)

Comment by Lizzy – February 18, 2011 11:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The preview looks awesome. I’m looking forward to this episode.

Comment by Carrie – February 18, 2011 11:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like it that this show is not afraid to experiment and meta-plots or moments at least have a long pedigree – Shakespeare used them a lot. While I am not suggesting Supernatural is in the same league as the Bard’s work, it has been consistently entertaining and intelligent. I am looking forward to the episode, even though I have to wait a long time for it here in the Uk.

Comment by Rachael – February 19, 2011 12:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sam & dean are so hot

Comment by charlene williams – February 19, 2011 12:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is going to be amazing!! Its crossing the lines of normal television! This is how TV should be…EPIC!!!

Comment by Fallen89 – February 19, 2011 12:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Anyone have a better link, this video takes forever to load.

Comment by coban ılhan – February 19, 2011 12:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Cant wait to see this episode and all the rest. Does anyone know when season six will be airing in the uk,seemto have been waiting a lifetime!

Comment by Sharon – February 19, 2011 12:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hahaha why Dean is angry?? lol He likes everything about films and holliwood! ))) Just remembered old ep about Holliwood… hahaha

Comment by Afeu – February 19, 2011 01:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • He likes to watch movies and ‘help out’ the actresses but doesn’t want to wear make-up Lol

Comment by cassi – February 19, 2011 08:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nothing better than Supernatural with a heaping dose of funny. I’m there!!

Comment by Melody – February 19, 2011 01:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m not sure if I have to love or hate this. I began watching the show because of the 40 minute horror stories with classic rock songs after all. Not for the massive amount of bro-love and drama. But the chancing channels ep was really funny so I guess we just have to see what comes out :3 Castiel/collins is there too it seams, that would be enough reason to watch anyway :D

Comment by Jane – February 19, 2011 01:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • they’re robbing the fandom blind… this season is like watching fanfics coming alive. they could at least give the rights to the legit writers.

Comment by rain_1975 – February 19, 2011 02:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This was actually done before in an episode of The Twilight Zone, ‘A World of Difference’ over 50 years ago:

Comment by Mace Moneta – February 19, 2011 03:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If there is anything that SPN does very well, it’s the lighter, humour filled episodes. Like the ode to Groundhog day ep. that was an amazing episode that cut away from all the serious stuff just long enough to not make the serious stuff seem boring. Can’t wait to see this episode :)

Comment by Sam 1981 – February 19, 2011 03:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ll admit, I was intending to skip this ep since metas have never appealed to me (I haven’t cared for any of the previous attempts), but this really does look promising. “They put makeup on us. Those bastards!” LOL! Oh, Dean.

Comment by CJ – February 19, 2011 05:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awww… The writers have run out of plot! What a shame.

Comment by Claire – February 19, 2011 05:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am so excited for this episode. I love all the crazy things this show can do and still remain awesome. I don’t think there’s one episode I don’t like :)

Comment by Soi – February 19, 2011 07:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is hilarious! One of the best previews/promos the CW has ever done for Supernatural! I can’t wait for this episode!’…and by real life we mean on television, of course…’

Comment by cassi – February 19, 2011 08:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love it. Supernatural has had a very ‘meta’ feel to it since around the 4th season, which I’ve always found absolutely hiarious. And to all naysayers who claim this is going too far, remember that one of the biggest plot twists of the series revolved around Sam and Dean being thought of as fictional characters by a Man (God?) writing about their adventures.

I guess Chuck just got a TV deal.

Comment by Ryan – February 19, 2011 08:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • In the immortal words of Rick Castle: “This is so meta.” I’m looking forward to this episode, as is the rest of my family.

Comment by Bridget – February 19, 2011 09:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think it’s going to be hilarious. I hate it when “fans” piss and whine about an ep that hasn’t even aired yet.

Comment by Loretta – February 19, 2011 09:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t wait to see Misha being himself, I hope he does something silly like his real life goofy self

Comment by Rowen – February 19, 2011 09:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Actors playing a role while Acting at playing themselves in real life… I’m my own grandpa??? Love the show.

Comment by Mike – February 19, 2011 10:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If not for this show, I’d never see the CW logo. Jumping the shark? Eh, sometimes rivals act as shills and post on forums… Kinda like it’s common knowledge that movie critics who get wined and dined by producers go to websites like rottentomatoes and pretend to be people who just loved a movie. And you sometimes can tell that’s what you’re reading. You know? Someone just plain doesn’t like Supernatural. It does have a different personality from the usual on CW.

Comment by Jimmy – February 19, 2011 10:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • yea its the only CW show I watch.. I didn’t know about this show for years because I never tune in, and the few times I caught a min or so I thought it was Smallville or something. But then I discovered it and got hooked.

Comment by MIkeL – February 19, 2011 02:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love this show. I have been watching it since it began. Cant wait till the next episode.

Comment by tinkerbell – February 19, 2011 11:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think it’s gonna be great,I cant wait for next Friday to get here!
    I think it will be so hilarious, especially when they see ruby Jared’s actual wife! Hopeful for season 7!

Comment by ladonna fisher – February 19, 2011 11:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • AWESOME! Can’t wait!!

Comment by O – February 19, 2011 11:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My boys.umm. yummy…..

Comment by angel – February 19, 2011 12:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t wait, this episode is going to so awesome. Jared and Jensen as Sam and Dean as Jared and Jensen — heh. Jared’s wife there, who they see as Ruby, Misha as Misha…. I can’t wait!

Comment by raelee514 – February 19, 2011 12:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Holy cow! Can’t wait! It’s going to be epic! ;)

Comment by MsDeanWinchester – February 19, 2011 03:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • At first I thought wow this is strange but it will be interesting to see if they can pull this off! If it’s great – can’t wait for the episode where Jared & Jensen become Sam & Dean on a show called Supernatural! OBTW this is the best show on TV!!!

Comment by Dennis – February 19, 2011 04:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love supernatural but some time they should just stay on track. I just wonna know whos` side death is really on. When will michel and lucifer get out, who was the creepy chick they sacrificed that virgin for,and how long will it be before that wall in sams head comes down and what all happened to him down their for that year and a half.

Comment by clyde – February 19, 2011 04:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I often view Supernatural as the spiritual successor to Buffy and Angel and some of the most critically lauded episodes of those two shows involved them doing crazy stuff like this. There was the silent movie episode of Buffy and Angel’s puppet episode just to mention two examples

Comment by Arkham258 – February 19, 2011 06:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think this season has definitely been different. But come on people supernatural has never let us down, and if they have then I guess you’re not a fan.

Comment by tina – February 19, 2011 06:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • if awesome and epic had a torrid romance and 9 months later epic gave birth… this episode would be that child. lol.

Comment by angel – February 19, 2011 11:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • gosh i just love this show. it still amazing to me every episode i seem to love it more. does anyone know if this season 6 boxset might be out by christmas? i am with the others that love how this show pushes the boundaries. and please by series end please give these boys something other to live for than each other and hunting. like a family, kids…for dean i like lisa and ben. it would be cool to have ben end up deciding on his own to pursue hunting and start studying in that direction, this would bring lisa and dean together to try and protect him. dean could end up having the family back he had with them and mentoring ben. if the boy decides to go after this on his own who better to train/protect him than dean and sam? it would be nice for sam to have a love interest…maybe a female hunter they encounter on their journey. like i said by series end. with a few episodes devoted to build up of the relationships(dean is way ahead with this). i would also love to see an episode (monster of the week) about the ghost of jack the ripper. that would be most awesome! a chance for some CGI scenes of london! SUPERNATURAL NOW AND ALWAYS KICKS IT IN THE ASS!

Comment by Tricky – February 19, 2011 11:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love this show. If you follow each week you know these guys are also very funny when not hunting down monsters or ghosts. I can’t wait for Friday night!

Comment by MaryAnn – February 20, 2011 06:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh also does everyone realize the actress who played Ruby in the series is Jared’s real life wife? She appears in this episode as ‘his wife’

Comment by MaryAnn – February 20, 2011 06:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow… this preview makes me really nervous. I will watch because I love Supernatural, but like someone said this will be a love it or hate it episode. I hope there is a reason why they’re doing this episode and not doing it just do it. Supernatural usually (not always) does a good job with these episodes, so I’ll wait and see.

Comment by ErixN – February 20, 2011 08:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Cannot wait! This looks hilarious!

Comment by cacusc98 – February 20, 2011 09:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I CAN’T WAIT FOR THIS EPISODE!!! I’M SOOOOOO EXCITED!!!!!!!

Comment by Amanda S – February 20, 2011 10:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Gee a lot of the recent eps are reminding me of a letter I sent Kripke which some ideas I had for SPN fanfic. One included people meeting via the dream world and another was the mention of a SPN version of the story A Visit To A Weird Planet in which Shatner, Nimoy and Kelley traded places with their characthers from Star Trek the original series. Well I did say he could use any idea he found interesting and I guess he did. Unfortunately this ep plays strictly for laughs and I wished they’d play a little more seriously. I don’t believe Misha Collins is such a wimp that he’d cry when assualted. He may just give the guy what he wants but cry?

Comment by Tawrens – February 20, 2011 03:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t wait to see it!Jensen,Jared and Misha have such good humor and I can’t wait to see them joking with their real lives and twisting it with the story of the show,if Eye of the Tiger was superb ;THIS IS AWESOME!!!

Comment by Vanessa Serrano – February 20, 2011 06:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t wait for this episode it looks really funny! I love the show when they do silly episodes like this. Anyone remember the episode with the faeries and Dean getting arrested and yelling at same to get the faeries. I DVR’d it and had to watch over again a couple of times because I couldn’t get it out of my head. I love this show!

Comment by Chris – February 20, 2011 06:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This looks hilarious. And so, so silly.

Looking forward to Friday!

Comment by Jen – February 20, 2011 07:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ajjajajjajjajaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    MUERO POR VERLO

Comment by lilitha – February 20, 2011 07:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t wait for this. To all the nay-sayers- this is just SPN carrying on a tradition of an over silly ep followed by the dramatastic (yes that is a word dammit!) stuff coming up. I can’t wait to find out what Death was eluding to and how the Mother of all monsters fits into it, but in the mean time I will laugh myself silly at these three cornballs.

Comment by beccabennie – February 20, 2011 10:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post