Exclusive

Supernatural First Look: Watch Sam and Dean Morph Into Jared and Jensen!

In what is sure to go down as Supernatural‘s meta-iest hour to date, next Friday’s episode transports Sam and Dean to an alternate reality where their names are Jared Padalecki and Jensen Ackles and they star in a little TV series called Supernatural. As evidenced by the following preview clip, confusion and hilarity abound.

Loading video...

1. Shirley says:

That looks awesome. Will be fun to watch.

2. Dani says:

Boy Meets World did an episode kinda like this once.. Where Eric was going to be an actor on “Boy Meets Universe” with “Roary” and at the end they had the real actors playing their characters.. It was kinda funny and that was only a half hour show.. I think this has alot of potential

3. stacie says:

Can’t wait!!

4. IceMetalPunk says:

This is going to be awesome. I love meta-humor, and I love Sam/Dean’s attitude. Combine them and it’s sure to be amazing!

“I’m something called a Jared Padalecki.” “What, you’re Polish now?” xD Yes, Dean, Jared is Polish :P .

-IMP ;) :)

5. Dana says:

That preview just brought the biggest smile to my face. I love that this show goes so much farther than you ever see coming, and it pulls off greatness every time!

And most of all, just knowing Castiel will be in an episode gets me counting down the minutes till it airs! LOVE him.

6. Hayley S says:

Padalecki you still rock my world boy. Can’t wait!

7. Ima says:

I totally admit I was very negative about this episode before but this looks truly funny. This might be the first meta episode I’ll really like in a long time.

8. Stepha says:

I seriously hope Danneel makes a cameo, just so we can have a moment like this:

“You’re married to Ruby and I’m married to that. *Dean gestures to Danneel, who is talking with Gen a few feet away* Clearly, I win.”

I CAN NOT WAIT FOR THIS EP. It will be spectaculacular xDD

9. Jennifer says:

This looks so AWESOME!!!! My favorite episode by far is the one with the rabbit’s foot. SO FREAKIN FUNNY!!!!! This looks like it will be a winner hands down!!!! Can’t wait!!

10. Leah says:

“S**t yourself kind of episode” I CAN’T WAIT! For all those jumping the shark commenters- cmon really? They’ve done meta before: The Supernatural Books, the convention episode, the movie set episode. Supernatural has lasted this long and has this many fans because it does an excellent job of combining serious, mythological, heartbreaking episodes with light, fun ones. The writers know what they’re doing. The only downfall is seeing brunette Ruby again- le sigh.

11. lisaa says:

Ugh so many haters. I for one am looking forward to it. This is an episode for the FANS not casual watchers who like to nip pick and whine (although us fans do that too lol; but only because we’re so dedicated). If you’re not interested don’t watch. Move on and stop being so negative. YAY J2 <3

12. evan young says:

really? were gonna ocean’s twelve supernatural now??…..i hope this is hilarious or it may suck

• Mike says:

yea that was a bad scene in Oceans 12, even Julia Roberts couldn’t pull it off… which makes me think I’m gonna be cringing hard. But still it’s an interesting concept.

13. Ima says:

“They’re puttin’ make up on us! Those bastards!” – that’s right Dean, as many an un-retouched convention photo will show, Jensen Ackles doesn’t need any help in the pretty department, you tell ‘em. ;). Love how upset he is that the Impala is a prop. And Misha crying in the car, priceless. Plus Brian Doyle Murray – who is awesome!

14. Monique says:

LOL….I cannot wait to see this ep!

15. JillMarie says:

Ok i for one CAN NOT Wait for this episode! If its just as or more hilarious as Changing Channels im going to be sooo happy. They always dare to do something different and thats what i LOVE about this show. Just from watching is teaser its going to be a great episode! I can’t wait to hear them make fun of themeselves its gonna be great!

16. Sarah says:

Oh shoot, I’m just going to sit back and enjoy this for the humor, I’m sure it’s meant to be. Honestly, it will probably have nothing to do with the actual storyline, but eh…consider it like the X-files episode were they were being followed by the camera’s from COP’S.

17. lovesupernatural says:

I’m going to love this! At the San Fran Con the Js said this was the most fun they’ve ever had with an episode. If that isn’t saying it will be great, nothing will!

This show has the guts to do episodes like this where others don’t. In the words of the great Dean Winchester, Supernatural is Awesome!

18. Kady says:

This episode is going to rock, and I can’t wait to see it. I think it’s going to be one of my favorites for this season, easily, and maybe one for the whole series.

I just don’t understand all those who are nay-sayers about it. If you’re that disappointed in the series, STOP WATCHING. Just quit souring it for everyone else.

19. Chelsea says:

LOL I can’t wait, I love Supernatural.

20. Hector says:

I love to see episodes that do occasionally stray from plot. Who remembers ghostfacers? These are fun as hell and im sure jensen will make this hilarious!! Eye of the tiger!!!!!

21. yesy says:

Can you say: EPIC!!!! ^_^

22. geordiegirl1967 says:

This looks hilarious and if anyone can pull it off it is this show and these actors. I can’t wait. The only thing that looks terrible is Misha’s jumper. I mean…..what was he thinking?

23. Fan714 says:

OMG!!! This is sure to be one of the funny ones!! I love it when they do this sort of thing, just like they did with the “Books”. Jensen Ackles seems to always bring a laugh and this is sure to knock you off your seat, can’t wait to see it!!!

24. Melissa Corbin says:

OMG!!!!! I can’t wait!!!! Duuuuuude the plot bunnies are just going crazy right nowXD this is going to be some really great fanfiction material once this airs lol I’m super excited to this all go down lol

25. sheri murphy says:

I think you should watch it first before judging it. I think it sounds like it would be fun to watch I have yet see a bad episode .

26. HPotter says:

It’s going to be TOTALLY AWESOME!

27. Tanya says:

I adore this series. I have loved every season. Have purchased dvds for family members and friends and have gotten every last one of them hooked so – I think I will give them the benefit of the doubt and be ready to love the epi and not be sardonic or jaded and hate it in advance.

28. sam says:

now this could be interestin an highly funny

29. firestarter says:

could have left Genevieve out of it losing points alredy

• New but Loyal Fan says:

I have to disagree with you on this point:( With Jared and Genevieve being married her asking Sam playing Jared “how was your day” is great since that is what couples do. It is not over looking details like this in a not normal normal behind the scenes are the scenes show that is going to make it fun as heck to watch.

• jas says:

its gonna be like when your hot teacher brings his hot wife into class, and it gets all akward because people don’t know her but their married and it’s a big deal.

30. katy says:

Well I was unable to watch the clip but I do love the show!

31. kristine says:

I am freakin’ excited about this. It’s going to be hilarious. The look on Sam’s face when “Ruby” kissed him, the even better face when he sees he has to act, Dean’s look of confusion at Sam being Polish…

it’s going to be wonderful.

32. Michelle says:

OMFG. This is going to be HILARIOUS and BRILLIANT.

33. Cy says:

OMG. I cannot wait for this ep! Even non-SPN fans would find it funny, I bet. Their last crazy, meta-ish epi “Changing Channels” is what made me give the show a chance, and now I’m a huge fan!

34. dixiehellcat says:

ohhh, this has the potential to be amazingly funny! :-D

35. mercury973 says:

Haters to the left….

This episode will be epic.

36. eric says:

its either an angel or a trickster doing this to them

37. Cassi says:

I have too see this!!! Love the idea, can’t wait to see it.

38. New but Loyal Fan says:

I just started watching this show about a year ago and have tried like wild fire to see all the shows from the first 5 season. That said I have not really seen a BAD show yet. The witting is good but it is Jared and Jensen together that makes this show so darn fun and engaging. I thick this is a great twist for the show to do! Like others have said: If anyone can pull this off it Supernatural and the talent of our boys be they Sam and Dean or Jared and Jensen. For those of you who call yourselves fans and wont even give these talented men a chance to work their magic before calling it crap and a magic killer… Shut your pie hole you idget, and bring me some pie! LOL Love the show and love the guys and the great work the consistently turn out!

39. Nubia says:

Oh man I am far behind in season 5..but I still wont miss the new ones

40. Nubia says:

I am not really into scary movies or shows..nothing with zombies or ghosts,demons or weird creatures but this show is the greATEST show I have ever seen..i dont miss an episode.even my little ones like it..id have to give it up to jensen and jared..greatest show ever..my favorite is jensen though..

41. Chad says:

This looks awesome, seems like it could be just as great as Changing Channels.

42. Lola says:

OMG. I’m gonna crack up!!! Can’t wait for next week!!!

43. Hall442 says:

This idea came from a Star Trek short story, written in the early 70s, where Shatner, Nimoy and Kelly were accidentally transported onto the REAL Starship Enterprise and had to cope with real Klingons. It was awesomely hilarious.

It’s been done, glad to see someone got the idea to use the concept for tv. :)

44. Jane says:

I can’t wait to see Mischa Collins portrayed. He’s so different without the angel quirks and gravelly voice.

• mike says:

yea that’s gonna be cool. i hope there’s a lot of Mischa.

• MikeL says:

I hate when they show Mischa in the ep but he’s only there for the first minute or so. More Mischa! If for no better reason than because he’s aweomse enough to make a girls name work.

45. Aida Lascaux says:

Hey! Here’s a thought; if Dean and Sam go into Jensen and Jared’s reality, does Jensen and Jared go into theirs?

46. EthanScotland says:

intriguing. shame you don’t do a plugin for android browser so can’t watch the clip.

47. brittney says:

I am going to watch supernatural i love that show ever since i was in 5th grade.

48. April says:

Wow!!! it is amazing cant wait to watch…ur two incredible Jared and Jensen i salute u….

49. Jamie says:

This season has been going ok, I don’t like how sappy it is with the dragons, fairies, ect. But I am not a hater, it looks like a great, funny episode that everyone could enjoy or could fail miserably and let some fans down. But even if that happens I will always love Supernatural.

50. Cynthia Brugnetti says:

This show makes me happy. I so look forward to Friday’s. I watch all the seasons over and over all day long, even at work during lunch. The boys are great and I hope this show never ends. Thank you boys for everything and Sara thank you for taking over. Cindy