Exclusive

Supernatural First Look: Watch Sam and Dean Morph Into Jared and Jensen!

In what is sure to go down as Supernatural‘s meta-iest hour to date, next Friday’s episode transports Sam and Dean to an alternate reality where their names are Jared Padalecki and Jensen Ackles and they star in a little TV series called Supernatural. As evidenced by the following preview clip, confusion and hilarity abound.

Loading video...

1. Sam says:

Holy crap! Look at that guy jumping that shark!
    I know this is an often silly/always fantasy show, but come on. There has to be a line somewhere.

• timotey says:

Quote: “There has to be a line somewhere.”

Why? I love the fact that they go where others rarely dare to step.

• Cy says:

I completely agree!

• Kailey says:

I also agree, Supernatural is always pushing the boundaries, It’s one of my favorite things about the show. I can honestly say that i can’t wait for next week’s episode(:

• Misha Minion says:

THIS. Supernatural does meta with such panache. It’s kind of their thing. I imagine for this upcoming metafest it helps that the actors are just as charming and funny as their characters. Or more so, even. Misha pretending to be Misha is going to be a trip.

• mackenzi says:

“The way I see it, it’s not jumping the shark if you never come down.” —Chuck the Prophet (aka God)

• liz says:

Lmao ok this episode make me so nervous, but if I wake up in check the ratings the next day in there good.

*bows down to SPN*

* I pray this works for there sake*
        but after this thats enought Meta epi for now.

Spn go back to what you did best saving people in hunting things the family buiness.
        Sometimes less is more, and whatever Sarah Gamble is smoking can she please share. lol

• Enough says:

Not really, if you knew the plot behind it =) But then again fandom loves to overreact before watching the episode to begin with.

• Rene says:

I think it’s fantastic. Can’t wait.

• Trish says:

@Sam – Honey, how many times have u actually watched the show? And what exactly did u mean by “an often silly/always fantasy” show? Or maybe the 5 million plus Supernatural fans worldover are stupid? :)

• ztm1092 says:

while i agree that it WAS not a silly show, i agree with sam that this episode will suck. i am a HUGE fan, and loved the first 5 seasons. but this season has like 7 subplots so far, and no purpose at all. especially this episode

• Sam says:

All I know is that I was over the phrase “jumping the shark” way back in 80’s.

• Derek says:

There was an episode of a tv show called Eerie Indiana that had this same plot line and it was a very good episode, so I am looking forward to seeing supernaturals spin on this.

• raelee514 says:

There will be no sharks.

• MikeL says:

They already jumped the shark in season 4 with Adam… who totally should come back. Now that they landed they can do what they want, which has it’s ups and downs… Jump the shark expression came from when Fonzie on Happy Days jumped a shark in a later season when the show was struggling… I think the expression could be retired but there isn’t really another way to say it.

• raelee514 says:

Actually they didn’t jump the shark with Adam, they just named the episode that because it was such a Jump the Shark cliche the long lost brother suddenly coming in. Yeah, I know about Happy Days, and it’s a fun expression.

• Mel says:

We think it looks like the best episode this season! Harks back to HOLLYWOOD BABYLON and MONSTER MOVIE, but with the added goodies of Misha and Gen.

Did the Trickster steal your sense of whimsy?

• Mel says:

“Jump The Shark” was a different episode. Don’t you watch?

2. Scott says:

I’ve been waiting for this episode. It’s sure to be hilarious. I can’t wait to hear “Dean” and “Sam” calling “Jensen” and “Jared” tools and douches.

• Linda Smith says:

I’ve been waiting for this episode ever since the Salute to Supernatural Convention in SF last month. Jared and Jensen auctioned
      off their name plates from their trailers from that episode. Autographed even. They told us the plot and now I can’t wait to watch it!

3. Matt Webb Mitovich says:

EPIC.

4. Shea says:

THIS IS THE GREATEST THING IN THE WHOLE UNIVERSE!!!!!!!!!!

5. Roxanne says:

OMG I dont know if this absolutely brilliant or the worse thing ever.

6. xav says:

This poor show. It was cute when they were winking at themselves in the Trickster episodes but this is just one of those sad, desperate things. Like the Grey’s Anatomy musical episode.

• DMR says:

Now it would be weird if they did a musical, but this is awesome…It is not much different than the Supernatural book that was being written as they were doing the shows! How crazy was that!

• ztm1092 says:

it is not close to the supernatural book. the book series was written by a Chuck to become the Winchester Chronicles to tell of when Michael would defeat lucifer. study up

• Rene says:

HARDLY sad and desperate. Exactly the kind of thing I expect and hope for from time to time. LOVE

• Carrie says:

Oh, you’ve seen the episode already? It’s true that some of the fans love to jump to conclusions before an episode has even aired and that drives me nuts. If you’re a fan of the show, why would you assume that an episode is going to be bad? I’ve never been disappointed by this show. It’s one of the best on television and the real fans should be supportive rather than complaining all the time.

7. Kristen says:

Either Supernatural is doing what no one else has the balls to do, or they’re just getting lazy. I guess the fans are really interested in behind the scenes stuff, so this might be fun, but I think it’s kind of ruining the magic of the show for me.

• angie says:

are you an idiot? how on earth is this lazy?? it’s freaking hilarious!! have you never watched this show? every season they have at least one episode that derails from the plot line but ties it in at the end with something. so the week after this will probably be about mother. i think it is awesome that this show can go from something so deep, dark and serious to something so funny and uplifting without losing that fabulous “magic” of the whole series. i can’t wait!! I need a good laugh!!

• ztm1092 says:

this is not hilarious. the entire season is ruining the show. theres no point to this season, and if there is it took how many episodes to get to it???

• Dave Barrett says:

Couldn’t agree with you more. That is one of the things that make this show great…from sad to hilarious, from serious to a wink to the audience, from sentimental and moving to crude, etc. The writers and actors in this show display more range than 3 very different shows put together. This show has made me laugh, jump back (a little ;) ), tear up, reflect on my own life and relationships and even made me a ‘fan’ which I don’t think I can say of any other show….well maybe one other.
        The point is that it is a great mix thrown into what happens to be one of my favorite genres (i.e. sci-fi/fantasy/’supernatura’l)…granted not technically all the same. The ‘supernatural’ is just a background…a background I particularly like but this background is what allows the rest of the features of the show to shine like the characters (actors), the humor, the drama, the emotional roller coaster that I think most of us love. Above all though I believe this supernatural background and the stories that are told help remind us of what ‘human’ity is and a view that I agree with of what it ought to be mostly through the interactions of Sam and Dean. The struggles they go through as brothers I think is a better vehicle for the demonstration of what it means to be human than a non-platonic relationship ever could. ‘Love’ with sex involved is pushed on us from a very young age to be the pinnacle of our lives and muddies the waters when trying to understand why we are here on this Earth. The characters of Sam and Dean (and there is no reason they couldn’t have been women) demonstrate in practically every episode that sex is not absolutely necessary for us to fully explore or understand our own humanity and how we come to define the word. The platonic way in which this show reveals the lengths one will go to for another (and the bounderies we will break through to keep the ones we love) as opposed the usual love with sex model that is displayed everywhere is a prime reason the audience has ‘slash’ fans and there is a homoerotic subtext to the show. Now that I’ve said that I also must admit that the writers and probably actors have heavily influenced that side of the show. I must also assume that it has a large gay following due to the physical appearance of Jensen Ackles and Jared Padelecki. So…it’s not ALL that deep. :) It’s one more reason that I enjoy the show. They DO push bounderies and I think ‘mostly’ in a very positive light while remaining true to the characters.
        I apologize for my rant. It isn’t as clear as I was hoping but…I just started out wanted to show my support for the show.

8. Tina says:

Oh I cannot wait for this episode…I know it looks silly and ridiculous but that is why I cannot wait for it. I love when this show has light hearted moments/episodes. The typical broody and demon slaying story lines get so old sometimes!

9. Chris says:

Utterly awesome. I hope it’s as good as the Changing Channels ep.

10. Lola says:

The meta episode to rule them all. Just genius!

11. Kristal says:

Holy Smokes! Its gonna be awesome.

12. Shannon says:

I think this is gonna be a hilarious episode! I can’t wait, personally! :’)

13. ashley says:

I can’t wait! i think this has the ability to be the best episode yet!

14. Monica242 says:

This is so meta that they’re going to need a new name for it.

15. Kate says:

THIS is why I love Supernatural, so many WTF moments done so well. I LOVE IT!

16. Corinne says:

Absolutely love this show! Jared & Jensen/Sam & Dean, crack me up! Can’t wait to see it! it will be another Supernatural episode that stays there until well after I have bought the new season box set!

17. xiahjae says:

this what makes supernatural unique and amazing,,they can anything work on the show,,without worrying being weird..,

18. Ruth says:

This episode will be EPIC !!!!!
    Misha crying !! hahaha i cnt wait !!

19. ht says:

idc what all the haters & pessimists have to say. i firmly remain optimistic & ecstatic over this soon to be HILARIOUS & BRILLIANT episode!!!! cannot wait hahaha. the make up part was so funny but i dont get misha’s scenes in this preview?

20. Amanda says:

I am soooo excited for this episode. It might just make it into my top 5 favorite episodes list.

21. dani says:

Anyone have a better link, this video takes forever to load.

22. sweetiepie1019 says:

If anyone can pull this off, Supernatural can. They managed with Chuck and the Supernatural books, didn’t they? Not saying that I’m going in reservations free, but I am cautiously optimistic, and even kinda excited after that preview. I do love meta. :D

23. KiraJ says:

I was dreading this episode when I heard about it, but it’s going to be hiliarious!

24. Peter Mc says:

Eerie Indiana did the same thing in 1992

• Melody says:

Really? I don’t remember that, but it’s also been nearly 20 years. I’m going to have to go look that up on Netflix. I loved that show.

25. Liz says:

Totally agree. Wish Katie Cassidy would come back.

26. Jen78 says:

God it’ll be hilarous!!!!!!!! Can’t wait!

27. serenada says:

Everything is beautiful and nothing hurts.

28. mgb says:

This is the only show on television that could pull this off. It’s going to be hilarious! True devotees of Supernatural will really appreciate the weirdness.

29. e0wyn says:

OMG, I’m so excited about this!

30. ztm1092 says:

this is retarded. the only purpose of this season is to make a mockery of what was once a great show.

• mike says:

LOL. And yet, apparently, you’re STILL watching….

• ztm1092 says:

yes mike, of course im still watching. i loved this show through all 5 seasons, and what kind of fan would i be if i didnt watch the crappy season, even if only to hate on how it ruins the show. they should have stopped after 5 like the original writer wanted

• sweetbabynrs says:

this season doesn’t even begin to compare to season 5. they could have at least TRIED to top it! the following plotlines FAIL: soul-less sam for the first few episodes, Lisa and Ben being a colossal bore and lisa and dean having ZERO chemistry (someome please explain to me how someone can NOT have chemistry with DEAN??), “purgatory” (lame..), no castiel (note all the fan pages in an uproar about that), it doesn’t acknowledge the epic-ness of season 5 nor does it tie into the last season like all the rest do…. in short, i LOVE supernatural but I hate what SERA GAMBLE has done to the show. bring back kripke! give him a billion dollars or kidnap his family just get him to write again!

• Christine says:

I sadly have to agree to this sentiment. This only looks like an interesting episode because of how uninteresting the rest of the season (and the show for the past 2-3 seasons in general) has been. If it was done in earlier seasons it would just seem stupid.

• sweetbabynrs says:

season 5 was EPIC and one of the best season finales i’ve EVER seen. shame on SERA GAMBLE for making such a mockery of what was once a great show. the difference in writing style is obvious. Kripke had a sharp wit and wasn’t afraid to go to the whole God/Angels Heaven/Hell thing. and he did it very well.

• ztm1092 says:

the last seasons were amazing. but i agree with how uninteresting this one is. it might have been good if they didnt try to put like 7 subplots into a nonexistent main plot

31. lola says:

jajajajajajajajajaja coool i like it ps i love jared

32. Melissa says:

This is going to be the best, most hilarious episode ever! Only SPN could do anything this meta! Cannot wait!

33. Kali Burgos says:

Can’t wait!! Love them!! Especially Jensen!! He is cute!! It will be one of the greatest episodes!!

34. nikkig says:

interesting…I love this show but frankly I would watch Jensen Ackles walk around in circles for 45 minutes LOL

• ellen says:

roflmao!!!! BEST line ever!!!! i could watch them BOTH walking in circles…or just sleeping!!! This will be great, can’t wait!!!!!!!

• Hahaha...sad, but also true says:

Throw some Misha in there with Jensen maybe, I dunno, scratching his head or something, and I’m there.

35. Maven says:

I need this episode like, now. I hate that we have to wait a week for this one and if it wasn’t for the CW screw over, we would be watching this ep TONIGHT. grrrrrrr
    Genevieve is looking flawless BTW.

36. Danielle says:

I think this sounds insanely hilarious! We just might get a laugh this season.

37. Tucker says:

Gotta admit the show seems to be running on fumes this season but this does look funny. After the movie set, sitcom, and Supernatural books episodes, this could play well. Or stumble spectacularly.

38. Marina says:

They have cameras filming cameras filming them while they act like their characters acting like themselves.

Quoting Dean, “My head hurts.” LOL!

39. G Boyle says:

The key here is that no matter the plot these two actors CAN act and make any episode an awesome one. I don’t see how “the magic” can be ruined unless you’re a five year old that just found out that what you see on TV is rarely real especially a show based on fiction!! The magic is created by the characters and they do a hell of a job. Keep it up guys!!

40. Enough says:

The people who don’t like Meta episodes are the ones where the meta episodes make fun of the fandom. I love them they are funny and downright awesome, but then again I am not part of the rabid fanbase that hates everything about the show…

41. me2 says:

Genevieve looked a bit like Traci Dinwiddie (Pamela Barnes).

42. Chris says:

Does anyone remember the old tv show Growing Pains? They did that exact same thing in one of the episodes!

• me2 says:

Yes, I remember that episode.

• Melody says:

Oh hey, that’s right. Totally forgot, it was Ben who was dropped in an alternate world.

• Guffa says:

I haven’t seen that series, but playing with the fourth wall is nothing new. I remember for example Stargate SG-1 having an episode similar to this. In their intro Simpsons sit down to watch Simpsons, so they have done it in every episode for 22 seasons how… :)

43. burgundy12 says:

This piques my interest. I think I may like this. Only on Supernatural. Which is why I like it so much. I didn’t think I’d like a season six, but I’ve been so pleasantly surprised.

44. Luciana says:

Muito Bom!!! Realmente parece que será muito engraçado!! Da pra rir só com o trailler!!! Estou muito ansiosa pra ver!!! =D

45. omg jenson and jwared sam and dean take me with you lol i know its fake but come on i want so badly to meet jenson hes hot and screw you ALL who say its riuning the magic for you then you dont have taste so stop hating

46. e. says:

Supernatural puts epic/cool spins on ” silly.” Ghostfacers was almost as good as the South Park episode making fun of Ghost Hunters.

• ellen says:

LUVVV the GHOSTFACERS!!!need more of them!!! also luv the kids who play sam & dean as kids…great matches!!! The one guy who plays Dean in high scool is good too…got the attitude on point!!!

47. kristine says:

This is going to go down as the most AMAZING episode ever! I have been counting down the days since I first heard about this episode all those months ago. I love the preview even, I love the part where Sam says to Dean that ur Jensen Ackles and Im something called a Jared Padalecki….HAHAHA. And to everyone whos worried just calm down, some of the funniest episodes are the ones that seemed the craziest. Like Changing channels, yellow fever, Monster movie etc. Plus isn’t it every girls fantasy that these characters could be real??

48. Crissy says:

This is going to be awesome. I can’t wait for it.

49. shane says:

That has got be the best idea in the history of supernatural, don’t get me wrong the show kicks ass as it is but this is going to be interesting its a definite watch